Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'm hoping for the "different livery every time" setup - whatever I feel like that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Fresh penises, daily.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

stevobob posted:

Fresh penises, daily.

Yeah thats pretty much going to be the paint job. Crowdsourced penises.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Leave the tank with the salvage/tow yard marks though!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Z3n posted:

Yeah thats pretty much going to be the paint job. Crowdsourced penises.

Knobism is one of the truly under appreciated (although possibly over-subscribed) art movements.

quote:

Classic piece of traditionalist Knobism combining the holy trinity of Knobism.

1. The textbook helmet.
2. The "sea mine" testicles
3. The arcing spray of love juice

EDIT: not to mention ancient:

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 20, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Step one in hobo racing, complete:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I should probably ship you that drat rear shock at some point... :suicide:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

I should probably ship you that drat rear shock at some point... :suicide:

I'd be curious to try it side by side with a good condition stock shock. When I dropped by catalyst reactions tuning today they had just happened to have some stock stuff that was revalved and resprung for someone of my weight and riding style, so I ended up picking that up. I've got the shock on there now, but I'll be picking up the forks at the track. I also picked up springs all around for the Ducati for the wife (it was previously sprung for a 260 pound rider), and and a rear spring and shock service for my street 675, plus shock oil.

Also replaced the shift arm tension spring on the Multistrada, so it shifts again, which is nice. Changed the shock spring on the Ducati with the one that's right for her weight, and about to go out riding around on the Multistrada 620 while my housemate rides the (other) 675 in preparation for his first trackday.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3428317

Found this while poking around...ponies, here's that thread about parting bikes out. Good info from Mr Balls and a few other in there too.

First trackday on friday. Repaired fairings yesterday, swapped tires, just need to take care of some random bullshit and it's off to the races...

Planning on first AFM race in a few months. Gotta keep that license! Going to probably try and run a full season next year.

Also buying another 999, I think.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Alright, so, trackday went well, down to 2:10s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCkbVeM9yY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVgUjbcn_CM

Had a minor issue with an oil leak before lunch, but fixed it with JB Weld. Surprisingly hard to find in the paddocks, you wouldn't expect it to be so, but thems the breaks sometimes.

I also bought a race prepped 06 GSX-R750 to be converted to a streetfighter for a foreign visitor, he can chime in if he likes. Anyone need gixxer 600/750 race parts?

Here's the stack of mods for sale at the moment:

quote:

GPR steering damper
Woodcraft engine case covers
Power Commander III
Dynojet Quick shifter, GP shift
Leo Vince full Ti race exhaust
Woodcraft clip-ons
Vortex rearsets
Galfer brake lines
Shark Skins fairings
Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen
Graves Fairing stay
Vortex gas cap
Shorai lightweight battery
520 chain and sprockets
Keyless ignition

If you're interested in these parts, they're pretty much all available. Will post up in the marketplace thread with prices unless people want first dibs here.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Z3n posted:

I also bought a race prepped 06 GSX-R750 to be converted to a streetfighter for a foreign visitor, he can chime in if he likes. Anyone need gixxer 600/750 race parts?

Yeah, I'll chime in. This is the best dumb idea ever :downsbravo: CRUISIN' USA :911:

prukinski fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 19, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

My street Triumph daytona stolen. Again. Ffs.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Seriously? gently caress man, you have some bad luck. Where was it this time?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Again while I was at work, but this time out of an attended parking lot.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Z3n posted:

Again while I was at work, but this time out of an attended parking lot.

gently caress lmao, I'm sorry that's ultra lovely, the cops are going to start not believing you in a couple more rounds.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

SaNChEzZ posted:

gently caress lmao, I'm sorry that's ultra lovely, the cops are going to start not believing you in a couple more rounds.

not so concerned about the cops, more concerned about the insurance :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
...tha gently caress. Are they going to pay out again?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Maybe it will be worth it for you to invest in immobilisers and poo poo for your bikes.

e: and disc locks, and a big rear end chain, and a hired goon to guard it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

And a good way to booby trap it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

^^^^^ good post/avy combo ^^^^^

BlackMK4 posted:

...tha gently caress. Are they going to pay out again?

Don't see why they wouldnt. I did my due dilligence, switched to a parking lot with an attendant, etc.

I'm thinking a disk lock would help in this situation in the future though. My boss's bike (parked near mine) was hosed with a few weeks back, they gouged the gently caress out of the frame dragging the steering stop across it to try and break it loose. I didn't think it through, the parking lot will protect against someone putting the bike in a van but not against someone snapping the steering lock or otherwise and riding off with it. A disc lock might have helped there. Then again, they might have just bent the poo poo out of the rotor. :sigh:

I might toss a cheap phone that can report it's location in the trunk of the next bike...but then agaib, it's not like I can trust the cops to go get it..

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Z3n posted:

^^^^^ good post/avy combo ^^^^^

Don't see why they wouldnt. I did my due dilligence, switched to a parking lot with an attendant, etc.

I'm thinking a disk lock would help in this situation in the future though. My boss's bike (parked near mine) was hosed with a few weeks back, they gouged the gently caress out of the frame dragging the steering stop across it to try and break it loose. I didn't think it through, the parking lot will protect against someone putting the bike in a van but not against someone snapping the steering lock or otherwise and riding off with it. A disc lock might have helped there. Then again, they might have just bent the poo poo out of the rotor. :sigh:

I might toss a cheap phone that can report it's location in the trunk of the next bike...but then agaib, it's not like I can trust the cops to go get it..

Is there anything you can chain the bike to in this carpark? relying on an "attendant" and the steering lock to protect your bike shows far too much trust in your fellow man in my opinion.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

echomadman posted:

Is there anything you can chain the bike to in this carpark? relying on an "attendant" and the steering lock to protect your bike shows far too much trust in your fellow man in my opinion.

There's a big pole there...we'll see how things go. Have a disc lock on order (see this? THIS IS ME TAKING ALL MY WORDS ABOUT EXTRA LOCKS BACK!)

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
"The best method against bike theft is full coverage."
- Z3n, ~1 year ago

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Maybe an addendum is needed. It's the best unless your bikes get stolen every couple of months.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

KARMA! posted:

"The best method against bike theft is full coverage."
- Z3n, ~1 year ago

Well my last Triumph being stolen turned into a 999, a 675 trackbike, and a 675 streetbike. So it's still the best. But it's mildly inconveniencing to actually have to deal with the bike being stolen, police report, calling insurance, etc. No fault claim, too, so my insurance doesn't go up, either.

Then again, if you judge the amount of money I make each time my bike is stolen vs. the amount of time I spend on it, I"m getting paid anywhere from 200-500 an hour, so that's not bad.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Dear Ducati,

gently caress you for mounting the kickstand directly into the engine cases.

Seriously, you're all assholes.

gently caress you.

Also got the Daytona back. Apparently it was joyridden 6 miles and then parked. Just hosed up ignition harness to deal with which is nice, no rekeying or other bullshit.

Also working on GSX-R/ZX10.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Z3n posted:

Dear Ducati,

gently caress you for mounting the kickstand directly into the engine cases.

Seriously, you're all assholes.

gently caress you.

Also got the Daytona back. Apparently it was joyridden 6 miles and then parked. Just hosed up ignition harness to deal with which is nice, no rekeying or other bullshit.

Also working on GSX-R/ZX10.

Kickstand pivot oil pan explosion?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

No, someone put a helicoil into the front kickstand bolt...and also reinstalled a bent kickstand bracket that was causing the bike to lean really low on the kickstand. Replacement bracket? $135. loving Ducati.

I picked up a timesert kit to fix it right.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
Is it an aluminum frame at least? I can see the decision to mount a kickstand to an engine if the frame is case aluminum and you're all about looks because you're Ducati, and so having some odd steel bracket just for a kickstand isn't an option. Otherwise... that makes no sense at all.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Halo_4am posted:

Is it an aluminum frame at least? I can see the decision to mount a kickstand to an engine if the frame is case aluminum and you're all about looks because you're Ducati, and so having some odd steel bracket just for a kickstand isn't an option. Otherwise... that makes no sense at all.

Nope, steel frame. Just one of those Ducati things.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Steel trellis. Gotta put the engine on display!

*rips out oil filter trying to offroad a hypermotard*

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Let me help this thread along by sharing a picture of Z3n's current task, which is building this thing for me:

Because going from a 45hp bike to a 165hp bike, while keeping the same approximate weight, seems like a good idea to me.

Not pictured is another fighter project he has along with a billion other motos just sort of chilling.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Are those the 675 projectors?

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Yeah, the plan is to fabricate a very simple aluminum housing for them and use them stacked like that. Possibly another set as well for a :krad: GRID of headlights.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

You definitely need a grid of headlights. (88)

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Because going from a 45hp bike to a 165hp bike, while keeping the same approximate weight, seems like a good idea to me.

Not pictured is another fighter project he has along with a billion other motos just sort of chilling.

Yah - I'm going from 24hp to 120hp on that other streetfighter. Zen's house of smart ideas right there. :stare:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Let me help this thread along by sharing a picture of Z3n's current task, which is building this thing for me:

Things are relatively sedate right now in my garage. 2 projects (ZX10 and GSXR750) and one bike I'm cleaning up for a buddy in prep for sale.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Are those the 675 projectors?

Yeah I've got like 20 of the drat things in my garage from all the 675s I've had.

prukinski posted:

Yah - I'm going from 24hp to 120hp on that other streetfighter. Zen's house of smart ideas right there. :stare:

What the GSX-R makes like 125 at the wheel, stock, iirc. Welcome to 'merica, where we believe in open roads and powaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I want a headlight setup like this:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

ReelBigLizard posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

ReelBigLizard posted:

You want a ZX-14

• Locked thread