Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

veedubfreak posted:

Isn't that from that horrible Knight Rider remake?

As a connoisseur of bad science fiction (Seriously I have /Volumes/Storage Spindle/Video/Television/Science Fiction/Bad/), yes.

Yes, it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Since when did Vitamin J start doing Hollywood car design?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I'm trying to figure out what all those rear quarter window/quarter panel ducts are trying to cool?

And those LED mirrors are just so classy

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

VikingSkull posted:

The gently caress they are, I work at an auto auction, I've seen cars way worse than that. My day to day job is writing condition reports, which is like being an insurance adjuster, and on Wednesdays I do the frame checks for our post sale inspection process. I look at the frames of 60-100 cars every Wednesday, plus a full on condition report for another 80 or so the rest of the week. We had one that was made up of three different cars once. Everything in front of the firewall was one car, and both C pillars and one of the B pillars off of another. Sectioning cars is a common practice here, though I probably see more of them due to my market being primarily the greater New York metro area.

Mostly they are scrapped, due to insurance reasons, but trust me, it's not always the case.

It's frightening to think that my truck that was rolled may have been put back together... although I'm tempted to think that all it needed was a new cab, right front wheel, and alignment...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Octopus Magic posted:

I'm trying to figure out what all those rear quarter window/quarter panel ducts are trying to cool?

Differential :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The equipment for it to transform into an F150, an E150, a Crown Vic, Ford Edge, or 69 Mach 1 or something.
Basically, gently caress you shitheads who thought it up.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Octopus Magic posted:

all those rear quarter window/quarter panel ducts are trying to [be as] cool

as a 67 or 68 fastback.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Dr.Smasher posted:

It's frightening to think that my truck that was rolled may have been put back together... although I'm tempted to think that all it needed was a new cab, right front wheel, and alignment...

Shipping totaled vehicles over to West Africa to be put back on the road is big business.

Telven
Mar 4, 2001

IL2 Fanboy
Can somebody explain this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8dWW9KxqlQ

:colbert:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Telven posted:

Slammed Duallys are probably the best slammed things:

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

D C posted:

Slammed Duallys are probably the best slammed things:

Seriously I love nothing slammed but I would drive the piss out of a slammed dually.

Sadi fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 18, 2013

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Does this count as awful?

Between the X on the headlight, "illest" sticker, and rattle-can paint job I really think it counts. But the bit that really pushed it over the edge for me was this:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Not nearly as bad as some of the stuff in here, but... wtf is going on with these mirrors.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Shifty Pony posted:

Does this count as awful?

For whatever reason I am entirely kinda OK with this. The Twisted Metal makeover is exactly what a Miata needs to not look... well, ya know.

I've hated the diagonal scenester stickers for so long that I don't even care anymore. I might even get some myself.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

26" wheels on a classic truck :(

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Telven posted:

I thought Sinclair was out of business, all the Sinclairs in Texas are now BBQ restaurants or veritable ruins.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
I can't decide if I'm surprised that the majority of poo poo posted is from TX or not. I'm leaning towards not.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

blugu64 posted:

I thought Sinclair was out of business, all the Sinclairs in Texas are now BBQ restaurants or veritable ruins.

Idaho is full of Sinclair stations :eng99:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Powershift posted:

Ehhh. 26" wheels are way too big for this truck and probably just about any car outside of a Peterbuilt but the tiny thin little spokes make it look a lot worse.

I think 20 or even 22" wheels would look ok if they had thicker spokes or were a slotted/D window variation.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Geirskogul posted:

Idaho is full of Sinclair stations :eng99:

What's left of Sinclair in Texas. Get the brisket or pulled pork. God I'm hungry now.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

some texas redneck posted:

Not nearly as bad as some of the stuff in here, but... wtf is going on with these mirrors.

They're actually very useful on an unwieldy vehicle - standard fitment on a lot of Japanese market 4wds

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'd be all for that if the mirrors were bigger. But they're tiny enough to be worse than useless.

In TX, a CR-V (or was this a Pilot? not even sure, I don't keep up with SUVs..) may as well be a sub-compact car :sigh:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 19, 2013

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
They're in addition to the standard wing mirror; they're typically a fisheye to help you reverse park and/or assess the damage to your toddler when you've reversed over them.

They really are fantastically useful, but they have trouble clearing pedestrian safety standards in places other than Japan.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

IPCRESS posted:

They're in addition to the standard wing mirror; they're typically a fisheye to help you reverse park and/or assess the damage to your toddler when you've reversed over them.

They really are fantastically useful, but they have trouble clearing pedestrian safety standards in places other than Japan.

I found them really useful for driving on roads carved into the sides of mountains without guardrails.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

IPCRESS posted:

How are those any different than those little glue on blind spot mirrors? Aside from being uglier and more likely to impale a pedestrian on impact I mean.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

blugu64 posted:

What's left of Sinclair in Texas. Get the brisket or pulled pork. God I'm hungry now.

Yeah they're still around further west.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Tribal / Two Tone paint job with rims! Bitch'n

VV "Jailbait's Towing" VV

Aurune fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 20, 2013

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Obscuring the brake light doesn't seem like a good idea, but they've got a theme going and want to follow it through

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

veedubfreak posted:

I thought long and hard about dropping my bumper off at the bodyshop that fixed my GLI after the wreck to have the stupid holes fixed in the bumper. gently caress front plates. I ended up just getting a 3m clear bra and you can't really see the holes unless you're right up on the car.

Apparently someone refused to take delivery of an M5 at the local dealership until they filled the front plate holes and repainted the bumper cover. They now have a policy of making the customer aware of the legality, giving them the option to have the plate frame installed on delivery, but the default is not to on any M car. Personally I would want it to extend to all cars, but I'm glad that they do it. I had my bumper cover redone for the same reasons on my white car.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Das Volk posted:

Apparently someone refused to take delivery of an M5 at the local dealership until they filled the front plate holes and repainted the bumper cover. They now have a policy of making the customer aware of the legality, giving them the option to have the plate frame installed on delivery, but the default is not to on any M car. Personally I would want it to extend to all cars, but I'm glad that they do it. I had my bumper cover redone for the same reasons on my white car.

If I was paying 90 grand for a car and they did that I'd bitch, too. Almost as bad as all the dealer badges they stick on the back of cars (my MSP still has the dealer decal on it, hairdryer method didn't work after 8 years in the Florida sun :().

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bug and Tar remover, or even seafoam, will take care of those badges for you.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

Alright then, I'll say it. Swap out the rims, keep the crazy yellow, and I'll drive the truck until there's nothing left to drive it on.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Horse Divorce posted:

Alright then, I'll say it. Swap out the rims, keep the crazy yellow, and I'll drive the truck until there's nothing left to drive it on.

I used to have an F-250 from that general time period. The gas gauge didn't work but it didn't matter: the tank is behind the seat in the cab with you so you can tell when you're geting low by the way the fuel sloshes around when you turn.

What a great engineering decision.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Telven posted:

I think what people are missing here is that this is not a dually. It's a standard bed truck with dual rear wheels that stick out past the arch and are useful for nothing other than throwing poo poo tons of rocks at the vehicles behind it. If I saw this on the road, I'd be likely to start tossing pennies out the sunroof.

Dakotaboy88
Apr 28, 2007

G-Mach posted:

I want more 60/70s MOPAR car colors on current cars.

I think the world would be a better place.

I totally agree! I can't stand all the greyed out colors that are so popular these days, or the colors that only come alive in certain light.

To contribute, I found this on my phone. I saw this in a gas station in Eagan, MN a year and a half ago and forgot I had a photo of it. I think it was a Fiero, re-skinned in tool box panels. I didn't get a pic of the front, but it had Integra headlights sandwiched in between panels just like the tail lights. It was certainly an attention grabbing conversation piece, but not in a good way.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Well, that's... something. That's something that someone put some amount of effort into making.

I guess that can be said about it.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I think I would play dumb about cars around that guy.

Dakotaboy88
Apr 28, 2007

You can sorta see in the photo that the interior was carefully painted to match the exterior. It's a lot of work for something so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Saw this on the way out of the padres game in san diego Saturday.

STi amber lamp