Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The Angry Colossal posted:

Blue is a former college classmate of mine who's been sliding into vegan/anti-GMO crazy for a while since we graduated, no idea who purple and orange are.

Somebody should genetically modify wheat to be gluten-free just to watch people freak out about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Blue is a former college classmate of mine who's been sliding into vegan/anti-GMO crazy for a while since we graduated, no idea who purple and orange are.

Eeeeeh, there is some evidence that SOME cases of chronic disease and behavioural disorders might be ameliorated by changes in diet

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23316152

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=gluten+autism

It's not a panacea or a case of BREAD CAUSES AUTISM as much as there are definitely people out there who have a sensitivity to a variety of foods which can cause health problems, and in those sensitive people dietary changes have a positive effect. The problem comes when you extrapolate too far.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Eh kinda :effort: but,

I don't know what place this guy lives in but fedora's really aren't for everyone

Dilbert As FUCK has a new favorite as of 02:25 on May 18, 2013

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Corvettefisher posted:

Eh kinda :effort: but,

I don't know what place this guy lives in but fedora's really aren't for everyone

Your name is still visible.

And that guy sounds like a tool.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Well it's shameful, but it's not so bad...until you realize he's 35, describes himself as a hobbit, and still hasn't worked anywhere more prominent than Wal-Mart

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
I'm all for being positive about your body shape, but it gets annoying when they proclaim that there's no such thing as junk food, it's not the food that makes you fat, just eat what you want...

Ballin Stalin
Dec 29, 2009

by Lowtax
So I'm all about harming myself mentally in exchange for a few laughs, so I watch a page on Facebook called "Take America Back".

Let's see what they're posting on my feed tonight (nsfw because of small, but exposed, boobs):

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/iq4IBbV.png

Now I'm far from a SJW, but there's no doubt that, as an egalitarian and woman, I would find the comments these people from the Take America Back page utterly repulsive. Let's take a look at a sample of comments.

Cool.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Ballin Stalin posted:

Now I'm far from a SJW, but there's no doubt that, as an egalitarian and woman, I would find the comments these people from the Take America Back page utterly repulsive. Let's take a look at a sample of comments.

Cool.

You could play conservative bingo with that image and hit every square. Racism, misogyny, unprovoked and extreme violence, rape...

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Previa_fun posted:

Not that he's their commander in chief or anything. :v:

As I understood it, half paying attention during the speech, he called the marines over for the Prime minister, saying "I have extra suits, I'm not sure the Prime Minister does."

And both came over because as the Presidential guard, hosed if you let the Pres get rained on and a foreign dignitary not.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
Even beyond that, it's a nice thing to do and doing nice things for other people isn't demeaning - unless you're the kind of rear end in a top hat who thinks etiquette and manners are displays of submission. And a lot of people who would criticize something like this honestly do believe etiquette, favors, and manners are weapons one uses to gain social stature and force deference in others.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
:lol: "these trollops should keep their dirtypillows covered as not to tempt true Christian men to sin" :lol:

That's too perfect, has to be someone taking the piss

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Nice guy alert!

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

RillAkBea posted:

Nice guy alert!

What, does this guy believe he lives in a romantic comedy?
I can just hear the music swelling as he says his speech and she realizes that maybe, just maybe, the man she has been searching for has been right in front of her this whole time. :allears:

Trot_to_Trotsky
Dec 9, 2000
Must... Destroy... Capitalism...
Grimey Drawer

I love this, and not just because of the "I CURED MY MS WITH VEGANISM :downs:" but because she posits that she cured her MS with veganism, went back to eating meat/cheese/whatever, relapsed back into her MS, and is only just considering restricting her diet again.

:thumbsup:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Tardigrade posted:

I'm all for being positive about your body shape, but it gets annoying when they proclaim that there's no such thing as junk food, it's not the food that makes you fat, just eat what you want...

Hey man just because I'm 200 pounds overweight doesn't mean I'm unhealthy! Let me show you this tumblr that tells all about how healthy it is to be fat...

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Fatkraken posted:

Eeeeeh, there is some evidence that SOME cases of chronic disease and behavioural disorders might be ameliorated by changes in diet

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23316152

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=gluten+autism

It's not a panacea or a case of BREAD CAUSES AUTISM as much as there are definitely people out there who have a sensitivity to a variety of foods which can cause health problems, and in those sensitive people dietary changes have a positive effect. The problem comes when you extrapolate too far.

Novak Djokovic has a gluten sensitivity and he credits his new diet with a really noticeable boost in his performance. Anecdotally, I have coaliac disease (which is the autoimmune condition) and when I accidentally eat something with gluten I can tell mostly because I get lethargic and dull and I have no energy, and when I was younger I had some anger issues because I was always hungry.

Cutting gluten from your diet can be generally healthy but for people with the actual condition that makes it necessary it can make a massive difference. I don't think it cured Autism though, it's more likely her little boy just has more energy now that he can actually digest what he's eating and isn't as withdrawn (i.e. he never had autism in the first place).

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ballin Stalin posted:

So I'm all about harming myself mentally in exchange for a few laughs, so I watch a page on Facebook called "Take America Back".

Let's see what they're posting on my feed tonight (nsfw because of small, but exposed, boobs):

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/iq4IBbV.png

Cool.

My favorite part is that there are plenty of conservatives in certain countries that say the exact same thing about women exposing their hair, legs and arms in public. Some of them also really like shooting foreign people for being too different. I bet these people would get along!

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Tardigrade posted:

This is sort of true. Cut out fizzy drinks and sugary condiments and you've just removed a shittonne of calories from your diet. Theres nothing wrong with chowing down on a burger depending on how its prepared and what you eat with it.

massive spider has a new favorite as of 11:43 on May 18, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
No it isn't. The fizzy drink is still there, but in a glass, and the condiments were probably just forgotten about because they're calories you don't really notice. Burger buns are also pretty bad for you, and that's giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're not McDonald's-style sugar buns and processed cheese imitation product burgers.

There's nothing wrong with eating a burger, but it is nothing resembling a balanced meal. You could make it one with some good sides, yes, but that goes for most foods. It is normal to eat unhealthy meals and be aware that you're doing it.

95+% of fat people who claim that they eat perfectly healthy and have a glandular condition just don't understand food. The image is the perfect representation of that.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Wizard of Smart posted:

As I understood it, half paying attention during the speech, he called the marines over for the Prime minister, saying "I have extra suits, I'm not sure the Prime Minister does."

And both came over because as the Presidential guard, hosed if you let the Pres get rained on and a foreign dignitary not.

I also like one Marine's commentary on the situation. Short version: If your President and Commander-in-Chief asks you to hold an umbrella, you hold an umbrella, and if that's the most demeaning thing you have to do, you're a lucky Marine.

Dude's published in the Marine Corps Times, so he's got some street cred if anybody tries to discredit him as "No True Scotsman Marine".

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What did dropping the kids off at the pool have anything to do with what came after? :stare:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Met posted:

What did dropping the kids off at the pool have anything to do with what came after? :stare:

"Dropping the kids off at the pool" is a euphemism for taking a poo poo.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Met posted:

It's an euphemism for going number two.

You know, making GBS threads.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That makes more sense than what I was thinking.

the2ndgenesis
Mar 18, 2009

You, McNulty, are a gaping asshole. We both know this.
The best part about that post is that they used a bowdlerizing euphemism for taking a poo poo and then proceeded to describe the act in excruciating detail afterwards.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

Didn't bother with names since the whole family keeps FB affairs public.

They're the kind of people you keep on your feed for entertainment but sometimes it backfires and just nauseates you instead.

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

bunnybean posted:

Didn't bother with names since the whole family keeps FB affairs public.

They're the kind of people you keep on your feed for entertainment but sometimes it backfires and just nauseates you instead.

I don't really think the step father is "attacking" anyone. That being said, why a grown rear end man has to involve himself what seems to be essentially a teenage squabble is another matter entirely.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

utada posted:

I don't really think the step father is "attacking" anyone. That being said, why a grown rear end man has to involve himself what seems to be essentially a teenage squabble is another matter entirely.

I see it as an attack because they're all ganging up on this girl at once; if you notice by the timestamps this was all within a 20 minute period, if that. Chelsey was also tagging other people, who were coming in to 'like' her comments, as well as her mother liking every comment that she made. To me, that reads as a bunch of adults ganging up on a teenager over a Facebook status. It's up to interpretation, though; either way, they're assholes.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
I'm starting to think that I have chosen poorly in accepting friend requests on Facebook.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
You might want to send someone to check on that guy, it looks like he's literally drank himself into a suicidal fervor because he couldn't get drunk he's very drunk

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is he 14 or just super sheltered?

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Candy's dandy but Liquor's quicker

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

GOMEN SENPAI!

I'd pay to see a reality tv show of drunk otakus.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ularg posted:

GOMEN SENPAI!

I'd pay to see a reality tv show of drunk otakus.

Who would host that? The GIRUGAMESH guy?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
No host, just put a few sake bottles around and tell them in Japan it's great dishonor to not kill the bottle in one chug, you can just leave a note on their body pillows.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is he 14 or just super sheltered?
Apparently she had her 21st birthday a week ago and just got around to celebrating it.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Wow, so edgy. For context, this guy also posted on another status about how watching Pay Television makes you part of the 1%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
So what does he identify as, seeing how he's speaking as if he's not a human himself. Though I'm sure it's just a cat or something as per his otherkin persona or some bullshit.

Also can we see what references he has re: bottlenecking genetic variation to produce... genetic variation?

• Locked thread