Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Rusty! posted:

Is she peeing normally, or does it take her a long time?

In her box? Nothing out of the ordinary.

Oops I mean to get pictures. It's the litterbox she's had since she was a kitten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Saint Darwin posted:

It honestly might be that her box gets too dirty for her taste and that's her way of expressing herself, hell with the timing that makes absolute sense since we would clean the box before putting her in our room.
How often do you clean her box? With Kiska I can go MAYBE every other day, but that's pushing it. The only way to avoid pissing on something that shouldn't get pissed on (or poop right beside the box) is to do it once a day.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I have to clean Jet's box every time he goes, or the apartment starts to smell horrible (poop).

But how can you stay mad at this face :shobon:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I clean it when I can smell it, which honestly can take a while (little cats poop little cat poops). It's literally right next to my bedroom door now so when I wake up and leave my room in the morning I can tell if I have a chore when I come home.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Just went kitty shopping. Newton is pleased with his gifts.

Valdara
May 12, 2003

burn, pillage, ORGANIZE!
This is Sagan, our gentleman cat. He is currently sick with a huge lump on his face and a vet appointment tomorrow or today if someone cancels or tomorrow morning if it's even worse and he needs to go into the E-vet. He's stable and drinking and letting me touch him, and my vet friend said that it's fine to wait until the appointment. I got some pictures of him in his majesty. We got him from a shelter last summer. He's an adult, male, FIV+, black cat that had been there for ages and no one was adopting, so I picked him up. He was advertised as "willing to accept affection, but doesn't go looking for it." LIES. When he's not sick, he's as big an attention whore as anyone and loves getting between me and the tv for pets.

SaganAttention by prismaticglasses, on Flickr

SaganProfile by prismaticglasses, on Flickr

SaganEye by prismaticglasses, on Flickr

Bonus:
Second cat, Bug, and her pet husband.

G-Bug by prismaticglasses, on Flickr

abiogenesis
Feb 4, 2009
Just adopted two adorable tuxedo kittens from a local shelter.

Say hello to Aurora and Starbuck!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

That is a dangerously high number of adorable toe socks to have in a single household.

:3:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Wrong thread, though both my cats are black.

Holden Rodeo
Apr 2, 2008
Aaaaaawwww it's an entire thread of black kitties. :3:

Meet Mishka Catface.

Likes: belly rubs, laying down on anything light-coloured, following you with her eyes. :catstare:

Baby Mishka, a couple months after we adopted her from a cat rescue.

She has her own little pots of cat grass and catnip, but gently caress YOU LEMONGRASS, I WILL END YOU.

broken chair
Dec 17, 2009

A Slime draws near!
Black and tuxedo kitties are the best kitties! I have one of each, both adopted from the Humane Society.

Here is Talula (though she just gets called Leelz) the day I got her.

She is pretty much the best cat ever, even though she greatly prefers my fiancé to me. She's extremely affectionate, super fluffy and soft and has a very developed purr gland. Also amazing foot floof.

And then there is Wilbur, who, while adorable, isn't the most lovey of cats. He's also been a source of problems from day one, including fleas, worms and a bout of Giardia. He's lucky he's so cute.

He's really more pig than cat, he lacks elegance and will eat most anything he can find. As a result he's a little round, but it enhances him, really

Since he doesn't choose to love on us often, I feel only a little remorse in occasionally shaming him, like around Christmastime, when I made him into a reindeer. I like to imagine Leelz laughing at him while he hides his embarrassment.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

It is literally impossible to get a good picture of this here cat

farfegnougat
Oct 31, 2004

This was Sammy:

She rocked. I've never met a sweeter, softer, more gentle-natured cat. She weighed eight pounds at most, and I think about seven pounds of it was fluff. She must have had some of the same thing ragdolls have in them, because she'd just go limp and purr if you picked her up. As long as she knew you, anyway. She was shy as hell until she got to know you. Once she did, though, she was a total lovebug. The closest she came to aggression was if you brushed her a little hard, which is when she'd turn her head, gently take your thumb between her teeth, hold on for a couple seconds, and let go. Granted, she did once run away from a mouse, but all in all I'd still take gentle little Sammy over a pro mouser any day.

She died two years ago. She was 17. Her kidneys started failing, although we could never figure out exactly why. As far as we could tell it was just old age. She started being unable to make it to the litterbox and we finally took her to the vet to put her to sleep, because we couldn't figure out what was wrong and none of the treatments were working and all that seemed to be happening was that she was feeling more and more miserable. She went the same way she'd done everything in her life - quietly, gently, and without all that much fuss.

Miss ya, fluffernutter.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
So my fiance and I have been feeding a stray outside of our apartment for a bit.. and he finally warmed up to us. We would go outside and feed him and pet him. Eventually he started jumping in our laps and sleeping. He is super affectionate. We live in a 1 bedroom apartment right now with 2 cats already, so we were on the fence about bringing him in. After we got a notice on the door saying that the owners are calling the SPCA, we decided to let him come inside. We named him Castiel. :3

New black kitty on the left, Neco on the right.. he is 8.

Our other cat Leighton, whom is 3, doesn't like the change. Neco is just fine with it and couldn't care less.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

This is Henry.

I did not mean to adopt Henry. My mom had a cat and she wanted a playmate for him. She lives in the country, so we went to the animal shelter out there. As my mother fawned over the kittens, I went to the reject bin and looked around. This was my mistake. Inside the little room they'd set up for them I heard someone purring. So I picked each cat up trying to figure out which one it was. It wasn't gray and lumpy, it wasn't one-eye... It was the obese thing on the shelf. I thought it was pregnant. Nope, just special.

And how special he is. Here he is with his bum hanging out of a planter. He has thumbs on his front feet that give him mitten hands, prominent nipples, a strange scar that goes all around him on his back end, no bottom fangs which causes him to drool and stick his tongue out constantly, dewclaws on his back legs, his tail is missing, probably due to frostbite or coyotes, and his eyes and ears are kinda wonky. Every ten minutes he runs up to me and rambles on about his day as it happens. He waits on the foot of my bed until he sees me stirring, then launches into a summary of the night.

This is Henry. And I love him.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I have more pictures than this of my kitty, but this is my favorite. She's all growns up now so she doesn't do cute things like this anymore, which I miss. :( Anyways, here's my cat Bella after she fell asleep while I was watching TV with her. :3:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

This is Pepper:

I met her when I went to the vet to take my old lady cat, Amber, in for her regular blood test (she has hyperthyroidism). It took them twenty minutes to do that because Amber is an insane wildcat when it comes to the vet and I spent the whole time playing with the gorgeous black kitten they had in the cages where they put kittens who need adopting. She was the most relaxed and laidback kitten I'd ever met, just lying on a cat bed and letting me fiddle with her paws and scritch her belly and batting ever-so-gently at me through the bars. I hadn't intended on getting another cat for another year or so but I just fell in love with her. There were also other, younger black kittens around and I had in the back of my mind that black cats were hard to adopt out and if I didn't take her, maybe no one would.

I inquired about her and was told she was about 16 weeks old and her adoption fee was discounted by $100 because she'd been there for about 8 weeks. So I took it as fate and made some things happen and the next day I brought her home. The day I took her the receptionist said she still remembered when Pepper was brought in, because she'd been very badly injured. She had a broken leg, a torn up ear and air bubbles under her skin and they didn't think she was going to make it. The only sign of that now is that her right ear is a bit scarred inside, otherwise she's fine.

She's also just about the politest kitten I've ever heard of. She's very good about only chewing on things that we've given her to chew and not knocking over anything we don't want knocked over. She says hello to people when they enter the room and only cries for attention in the morning when she hears people stirring.

A few more pictures, from shortly after I brought her home:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ahhhhhh oh my god she is so cute :neckbeard: I need to get a cat like her in about a year or so, so that Jet won't feel too lonely or bored.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Cobalt Chloride posted:

This is Henry. And I love him.

All of these kitties are adorable, but I request more Henry - especially if you have a recording of him talking. I still miss my own kitty and our conversations. :shobon:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Pepper has a FAN-drat-TASTIC floofy-tail :3:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh poo poo, Henry has mitten hands too? :3:

Mitten hands best hands.

abiogenesis
Feb 4, 2009
Aurora and Starbuck getting ready for Mother's Day

(ignore the recycling)

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
What recycling?

(Adorable kittens, by the way. :3:)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

We recently moved a bookcase next to a window in the living room, and naturally the cats have been enjoying it. Meyer particularly enjoys (semi-)fondly regarding creation from it:

Not that he's even remotely good at dignity:

I love that little white patch of fur on his lower belly. It's so endearingly ridiculous.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

morcant posted:

All of these kitties are adorable, but I request more Henry - especially if you have a recording of him talking. I still miss my own kitty and our conversations. :shobon:

I tried to get some of his chatter but when the camera comes out he tends to shut up for some reason. Still, I got some grumblies out of him! And a bunch of Arthur. He's an attention whore sometimes.

http://youtu.be/fZcDl0hvzIM

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Does anyone else's black cat have weird white whiskers growing off them? Because Pepper has one on her leg:

I'm sure she had more than one when I first got her but the other one might have fallen out because I can't find it.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
My old cats used to have those, they are like extra sensitive hairs. Just hold it between your fingers and watch that area of the cat twitch (don't do it for long though, cats get annoyed)

edit: oh, thats on her leg. My cats had them on their back and side and if you held the hair they would twitch. Disclaimer - If you do this, your cat may get angry and kill you

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Danith posted:

My old cats used to have those, they are like extra sensitive hairs. Just hold it between your fingers and watch that area of the cat twitch (don't do it for long though, cats get annoyed)

edit: oh, thats on her leg. My cats had them on their back and side and if you held the hair they would twitch. Disclaimer - If you do this, your cat may get angry and kill you

:aaaaa: I never noticed it until now, but my cat has one on her backside! Poking it even gently makes her all twitchy, and if I do it too long I get whapped and/or bitten. That's fascinating! Is there a reason why that hair exists, or why it's white?

taladel
Jun 3, 2011

Fezzin' the days away...
Allow me to introduce the Lord of Transylvania, Vlad the Impaler.

He is regal as gently caress, and reclines on a variety of thrones. Observe:

This is my brother, or BroThrone.

This is my girlfriend, or Kathrone.

Myself, as Throwner.

If a human throne is not available, couches will do. However, flash photography is frowned upon.

I adopted Vlad last October. Both of my dogs died last spring, and after moving from a house to an apartment, decided that a cat would be better. Also, I'd been reading threads on pet island and a cat sounded awesome. Because you guys have awesome pets, I found this guy. He was hiding behind his box in the Kitty City at the shelter, but once we got one on one he was super affectionate, curled up in my lap, and wouldn't stop purring and chirping. I fell in love instantly. How could you not love that face?

However, his name at the shelter was Dracula. I didn't like the name at all, but since he has the black cape and the vampire-like nose, I decided to get all historical and call him Vlad. In fact, I have him registered at my vet as 'Vlad the Impaler' and they humor me by using his title when we go to get checkups.

He hid out under my bed for the first few days, coming out only for sustenance and to poop. He was very skittish but I let him come out at his own pace. He's moderately affectionate, capable of hanging out by himself for long periods but also equally willing to nap on the couch with you. The perfect balance.

He's very food motivated, so I've got an eye on training him to do tricks. He does listen a little bit sometimes which is more than any other cat I've really ever met, and I'd like to build on that.

Anyway, I wanted to show you my derpy little tuxedo kitty. He's a real dictator sometimes, but I couldn't ask for a better cat.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
I'd have been tempted to go with Vlad the Impurrer :3:

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Henry enjoys a lovely game of whack-a-mouse. :3:

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Henry enjoys a lovely game of whack-a-mouse. :3:

I applaud your effort.

Blinks
May 9, 2004
Just cos a rape kit came up positive, that doesn't mean she was raped!
One thing Arthur loves more than eating treats is biting fingers that come with treats. He's special.

Now that the weather is improving in the UK, Arthur is off for longer periods of time adventuring. I came home the other day to find him hiding in the bushes by the front door. Probably waiting to attack the ginger cat from across the street (who he has been warring with over the last few weeks).

He also likes to roam the perimeter as well...

This is from a few weeks ago, but I think he looks comfy.

And finally, one of him looking regal.

Edit

One of my favourite pictures of Arthur, taken after I had just stepped through the door about 2 hours after my daughter had been born. I was told I wasn't allowed to stay with my fiance and baby so I had to go home. Luckily I went home and was greeted with this playful guy :)

Blinks fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 2, 2013

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI2rZn-imnM

Squidder
Mar 19, 2003

King of the Cat Tree

Oven Wrangler
My mother-in-law had a stroke so we're taking care of their three cats while she recovers.

Blackcat:
Shadow

Cowcats:
Smudge

Fluffy

The Fluffy substitute I made for her while she recovers:

So far they've gotten along great with the rest of my cats, Jeffrey the One-eyed Black Cat is madly in love with Fluffy and who can blame him?
She's as crazy as he is.

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

If I work late, they work late. They're on my night crew.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.
This is Layla. I've had her since she was about 6 weeks old and she is completely in love with me.

Bonus picture of her when she was a baby and able to sit on a CD spindle with a bit of room to spare.

She was a birthday present from a close friend 5 years ago and has been my best buddy ever since.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Shebrew posted:

:aaaaa: I never noticed it until now, but my cat has one on her backside! Poking it even gently makes her all twitchy, and if I do it too long I get whapped and/or bitten. That's fascinating! Is there a reason why that hair exists, or why it's white?

haha I have no ideal, but every cat I've seen seems to have those hairs. Maybe they are for humans to annoy the cats with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
This is победа (/pɐ'bʲedə/). She is somewhere between 6mo/1yr old, I don't really know. She is also wonderful, one of those cats that just purrs the minute anyone so much as looks at her.

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 20, 2013