Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
So, uh, have they even addressed the whole "unable to view your own hero card" thing? I expected it to be fixed within days/weeks of release, it's a pretty significant component of online play given how much poo poo it showcases. I just want to see the hero cards of the people I recently fought against :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Holy Calamity! posted:

So, uh, have they even addressed the whole "unable to view your own hero card" thing? I expected it to be fixed within days/weeks of release, it's a pretty significant component of online play given how much poo poo it showcases. I just want to see the hero cards of the people I recently fought against :saddowns:

I was able to do it at least once on PS3.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I was able to look at my hero card a few weeks ago so I guess it does work sometimes. It's probably tied to the WBID so seeing it is based totally on blind luck.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I'm able to do it whenever the servers are making GBS threads themselves but that doesn't really help!

Also are there any sites that are compiling correct frame info for moves? A random Nightwing online just absolutely mopped the floor with me because he was insanely patient and would punish me whenever I got near him. It seemed the only thing to do in that case was chip away at him with safe strings but I'm still not sure what those are. I know B22, 11, and the down combos are safe but that's about it. Should I basically using nothing but B22xxdf3 (or db3 if I have meter) until I finally get lucky? Good lord it's late, not only did I type most of those moves incorrectly but I totally know what's safe now that I think about it.

vvvv Thanks for this suggestion though, I really should have done it sooner.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 20, 2013

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Holy Calamity! posted:

I'm able to do it whenever the servers are making GBS threads themselves but that doesn't really help!

Also are there any sites that are compiling correct frame info for moves? A random Nightwing online just absolutely mopped the floor with me because he was insanely patient and would punish me whenever I got near him. It seemed the only thing to do in that case was chip away at him with safe strings but I'm still not sure what those are. I know B2, 11, and the down combos are safe but that's about it. Should I basically using nothing but B2F2xxdf3 (or db3 if I have meter) until I finally get lucky?

Best place to check would be the character forums on testyourmight.com but I think most of the main posts are just copied from the move list.

It's better to go on training mode against somebody like Lex and put him doing corps charge as a reversal, do the string and then hold back. If you get hit it's not safe.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Assuming you're talking Flash, his df1 kick thing is safe on block if I remember right, so you should be able to cancel any string into it and remain safe (although at probably like -4 or -5 frame disadvantage). The thing you need to worry about then is whether there are gaps in the strings or a gap between the last hit and the cancel that could be punished. Like was mentioned, test your strings and cancels into df1 against Lex Corps Charge and, if you wanna be real sure, against Superman super.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Yeah, I meant to type df1. DF3 is one you cancel into when you don't have meter. I'm pretty sure I'm just delirious as I totally know what's safe in retrospect. It's 4am, I should've quit a few hours ago.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

AndyElusive posted:

Ok. At this point the only players I can't see getting hate mail has got to be people who play The Flash.

Seriously, what could people possibly bitch about? He has no projectile, has flashy combos and does everything in your face.

NICE COMBOS FAG LEARN TO PLAY.

Yeah, because it must be hard comboing 4 lightning kicks into 3 lightning charges, right? gently caress The Flash!

I've never gotten catwoman hatemail, though :3:

Fake E: Does anyone know where I go to see that Tom Brady v REO fight? I missed it yesterday.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 20, 2013

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Finals is at http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/405573456 - starts at about 9:30.

JohnnyBigPotatoes
Jun 8, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPENDING $732.49 ON DIABLO 3 GOLD AND THEN SELLING ALL THE ITEMS AND GOLD FOR $38.27 BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF THE TAXES AND IRS

Mitt Romney 2012
click here to find out more

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Really hoping those rumored Sinestro buffs of faster trait and arachnid changes are true.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Haha, whenever I'm playing I refer to them as "delicious Internet tears".

My favorite hate mail to get (and I've gotten it several times, in various forms) is "no skill".

I got that one yesterday from a guy playing as GL, me playing as Deathstroke. He spent a solid 30 consecutive seconds trying to do Air Turbine while I shot him out of the sky every time.

So he seriously just kept trying and failing that same tactic, probably around 10 times in a row. Then sends a message that just says "no skill".

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Blast Fantasto posted:

So he seriously just kept trying and failing that same tactic, probably around 10 times in a row. Then sends a message that just says "no skill".

My favorites are the ones that don't even block and then complain. Come on, I'm really bad. All you have to do is block and I'm pretty free.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I've actually only ever gotten one mean message. Most of them have been very nice. Then again, if I'm beating the absolute poo poo out of someone I generally back off for a bit and let them get a couple of moves out, let them see if they can land a combo while I try more dangerous stuff. If one move is beating them, I stop it for a bit and practice a different tactic for 20 seconds (then go back to beating the hell out of them with that one move) to at least give them some breathing space. I've never actually lost a game by doing this, and it makes things a little better for my opponent.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
99% of the hatemail I get isn't from beginners or people who don't understand fighting game concepts.

It's almost all from people playing as Batman, Nightwing or Green Lantern who have memorized one really long, easy 30-40% combo.

They don't seem to understand that I will not just stand there and let them do it like the training dummy does. Then they get incensed because that 40% combo is all they know and if I counter it they have no other strategy.

Edit: Oh and then phase 2: after losing they counter-pick and play as Deathstroke because they somehow think that is an instant win button.

Then restart the cycle all over again when I won't just stand there and let them shoot me.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 20, 2013

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Boon has confirmed on twitter that tomorrow's patch (featuring Batgirl!) will also address how rankings handle people rage-disconnecting from matches.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
If anyone wants a laugh, head over to testyourmight.com and read the reactions to the patch changes. They're eating each other.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If anyone wants a laugh, head over to testyourmight.com and read the reactions to the patch changes. They're eating each other.

It's hilariously messed up.
"I can't beat Deathstroke. Nerf him to oblivion"
"No don't nerf Deathstroke. Now he's completely useless."
I think the changes are good. They are quite minor and make him a bit less overwhelming at long range. As far as I know his good old normal guns haven't changed at all so he's good to go.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/336532876436844544

For an unofficial poll, Boon sure is taking his sweet time to announce the results. Assuming that he isn't trolling as always, is kind of weird to see PG so low on the votations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For an unofficial poll, Boon sure is taking his sweet time to announce the results. Assuming that he isn't trolling as always, is kind of weird to see PG so low on the votations.

Her new costume doesn't have a boob window anymore.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Gonna be a little pissed off if people really want to see Red Hood in this game. Jason Todd is basically the worst.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Awwww, PG! This had Swamp Thing as an option, right? Hopefully he's #1

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Aphrodite posted:

Her new costume doesn't have a boob window anymore.

She switched back to her old costume in the newest issue of World's Finest.

A cool drat horse posted:

Gonna be a little pissed off if people really want to see Red Hood in this game. Jason Todd is basically the worst.

The love for Jason baffles me. I've wasted most of my life reading comics and I barely remember he exists. How did he get so popular?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
TYM has the worst site layout I have ever seen. I can't take in all that information at once. My eyes hurt.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

She's completely unknown to anyone who isn't a major DC fan. She hasn't had a prominent role in anything outside of the comics that's been popular (like in a movie or animation...so yeah.

If Static Shock wins, I swear to Christ I'm selling my copy :colbert:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Watched the ECT finals and while Tom Brady was playing pretty drat well I also think REO just choked once he started losing that second round. He was dropping combos all over the place and not wagering on that last big combo was really a bad idea. Totally understandable though, lot of pressure going into that sort of a situation, especially when you won the last big tourney.

Also, glad something's being done about quitting out of matches. There's one guy who is like number 13 or something on the XBL leaderboards who quits out of every match he starts to lose. Then he brags about how high his trueskill is. Really dumb.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rage quitting was a huge problem in MK9. Rage quitting in general is a problem in a lot of games.

Did NRS not have the proper foresight to predict that yeah, rage quitting would STILL be a problem to this day and be a problem in Injustice?

I'm glad they're going to patch something in to do whatever about it, but what the gently caress. How do people who get paid to think about this stuff not, you know, think about it.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

My hope that they're listed in ascending order by number of votes is still alive! :unsmith:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

AndyElusive posted:

Rage quitting was a huge problem in MK9. Rage quitting in general is a problem in a lot of games.

Did NRS not have the proper foresight to predict that yeah, rage quitting would STILL be a problem to this day and be a problem in Injustice?

I'm glad they're going to patch something in to do whatever about it, but what the gently caress. How do people who get paid to think about this stuff not, you know, think about it.

I think the problem was a weird bug and not design oversight.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

My hope that they're listed in ascending order by number of votes is still alive! :unsmith:

Yeah, about that...

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/336533118536273920

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

I think the major problem is that developers haven't made code to differentiate a "rage quit" disconnect from "internet connection making GBS threads the bed" disconnect. A game is going to receive the same signal ("Connection from X player was lost.") from both cases and not really be able to tell them apart. I think Capcom tried to do that with MvC3 (ragequitters being redirected to lobbies with other ragequitters), but I don't think that worked out well.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Are all of the patch notes listed in one spot that someone can link in this thread?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

gently caress you, he's lying. :mad:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

gently caress you, he's lying. :mad:

The list goes in alphabetical order so he might be telling the truth. I would be surprised if Zatanna won.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I would be surprised if Zatanna won.

I wouldn't, Zatanna is pretty popular (compared to Power Girl, Swamp Thing, Dr Fate, etc), she's been in lots of cartoons, people tend to like the whole sexy stage magician thing and she's generally a fan favourite kind of character.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

She'd also be the most interesting to play of those remaining. Well, her and Swamp Thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus Paul Dini probably threw in 900 votes for her.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Plus Paul Dini probably threw in 900 votes for her.
Something tells me that kind of how Harley made it into this game. Paul Dini asked Didio to put her in, and then shot a death glare at Didio when he tried prevent that from happening.

Hell, it's how Harley didn't get screwed over in Countdown to Final Crisis.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Are all of the patch notes listed in one spot that someone can link in this thread?

Well patch notes are not out yet, I am sure once they are out you can find them front page on TYM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

thebardyspoon posted:

I wouldn't, Zatanna is pretty popular (compared to Power Girl, Swamp Thing, Dr Fate, etc), she's been in lots of cartoons, people tend to like the whole sexy stage magician thing and she's generally a fan favourite kind of character.

Good point although I'm expecting the most boring choice, Red Hood, to win. This poll is kind of weird anyway with how slowly he's revealing the results and the fact that there's no actual guarantee that the winner would be made.

• Locked thread