Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldenGun
Oct 21, 2005

In heaven everything is fine

Lobok posted:

What image is this reminding me of? It's either an iconic poster for another movie or it's a book cover. I know I've seen those clasping hands somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oddly, I think he would make a better Steven Biko.

I just had an image of Idris Elba in a biopic titled "I write what I like," and got unreasonably excited.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

bowser posted:

This makes me so goddamn sad. Fast Five needs to be followed up by Furious Six, it just makes sense! :argh:

Anyway, here are some more posters, this time from Pinterest:

:catdrugs:
Now where have I seen that before...

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

I watched Chinatown for the first time a couple days ago. These really piss me off, especially the first one.

So based on that experience would you define Jack Nicholson's receding hairline as one of the definitive, poster-worthy images from that movie or

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Red Bones posted:

So based on that experience would you define Jack Nicholson's receding hairline as one of the definitive, poster-worthy images from that movie or

It's especially grating as the original poster had this wave motif which just looks pleasant and art-deco unless you know that water's a huge plot point.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
...but why, why would you do this?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Jefferoo posted:

I love how the starfield extends through the billing block and how everything is visually off center because the creator is too drat lazy to alter a mask.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Welcome to my nightmares.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

This one is a neat concept.

Ah yes, that scene where the monkey spontaneously evolves into James Bond and shoots a bad guy was truly the best moment in Skyfall.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Jefferoo posted:

Why is it all so grey, why I don't understand why would you take a beautiful photograph of space and make it grey and bland :stare:

Jefferoo posted:

Welcome to my nightmares.

I like the idea of turning the island into a blood splatter and the island and the grid are actually very important motifs to Battle Royale, but the fake poster effects are horrible and while the original poster isn't great, it had a much better idea by using a class photo as the main image.

That skyfall one is atrocious, only having a shadow on the last figure and using the evolution of man image for some bizarre reason. When was that ever a part of Skyfall at all? Looking at it again, is it showing bond reaching his peak and then falling down? Because I read it as a really bad representation of that scene from the start where he's fighting another guy and then he falls off a bridge.

Of course the best version of the Battle Royale poster is this bad boy

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I like how the tag-line is some spark-notes summary of the novel. I also like everything else.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

You don't get to 500 million friends without receiving one friend request.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Lobok posted:

What image is this reminding me of? It's either an iconic poster for another movie or it's a book cover. I know I've seen those clasping hands somewhere.

?

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics

HAVE A NICE COLT DPINT

edit: Directed by EDGAR WRIGNT

Saturniid19 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 20, 2013

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Saturniid19 posted:

HAVE A NICE COLT DPINT

Goddamn, I swear I didn't even notice that, and it's not even a crack at an unreadable font. It literally says that. :stare:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nah, that one came up when I tried GIS'ing but there's something about the colour scheme and design that seems to match, too. I dunno, having worked in a bookstore for so long it could be anything from the last sixty years.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

This one actually works pretty well, because it illustrates two things that are clear points in the film. A)The movie takes place on an island and B)It has a motif centered around killing. There's also the added bonus of the grid being emphasized, indicating that it means something more than "here's a map of the island!" This is probably the best "minimalist" poster I've seen so far.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

The wrinkled/creased paper texture works for that one because, well, it's supposed to bring to mind the physical map used by the students during the competition. It's probably the only fan-made, minimalist poster I've seen on here that has a legitimate reason to use that motif.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Red Bones posted:

When I look at this I just see that gag from loony toons where you puncture an inflatable and it just goes flying away

If I had three wishes I'd wish for a better tagline and a picture of the lamp that isn't loving awful. And maybe a version of Aladdin without Robin Williams, I dunno.

Looks like a shoddier version of the first teaser poster for the film.

And Genie is cool. :mad:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Two more character posters for The Wolverine

Viper

Yukio

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

Two more character posters for The Wolverine

Viper

Yukio

These are still awesome.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

I can't not think of the black arms being the guys own arms, like hes telling a really bad "What has two thumbs?" joke.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Have some terrible minimalist posters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got nothing. Was there a Ouija board in Forrest Gump?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Am I missing something?

What even is this?

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

This is almost kind of clever. I don't hate it with a burning passion, just a regular passion.

That Karate Kid poster looks like boobies.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Forrest Gump and the Deathly Hallows.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Is this like a Toblerone mixed with a Toffifay or what.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yodzilla posted:

Is this like a Toblerone mixed with a Toffifay or what.

It's the Illuminati symbol.

fnord

Sowchoy
May 7, 2013

quote:

(Everytime I tried to upload this one the colors got all messed up, it isn't supposed to be aqua and pink)

It's probably a CMYK jpeg.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Tell me this isn't supposed to be a pea in a pod.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Geekboy posted:

This is almost kind of clever. I don't hate it with a burning passion, just a regular passion.

I hate it cause it looks like the ship is standing on its nose.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Darthemed posted:

Maybe him and Jenny going together "like peas and carrots?"

My god even if that is the explanation that is bad

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

No seriously, what the gently caress is this?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Oh my god. I think you're right. Oh jesus.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Darthemed posted:

I'm pretty sure this is it. And I loving hate it for that. But they can't all be that bad, right-

GODDAMMIT

Nikaer Drekin posted:

No. I refuse to believe this. Nuh-uh.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
I guess that the Gump poster could represent the running across America bit. The orange triangle is a road and the green circle is Forrest.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

I don't know, I think this is hilarious.

Why why why would anyone think they should make a different Jaws poster? In what universe does the traditional Jaws poster need any improvement or alternative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...