Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The case against Raheem Sterling has been thrown out, because the prosecutor didn't present any evidence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22596223

quote:

Liverpool footballer Raheem Sterling has had a common assault charge against him dropped after a witness failed to turn up to court.
:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

The case against Raheem Sterling has been thrown out, because the prosecutor didn't present any evidence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22596223

:tinfoil:

Good to see Carra's Mates are still doing the rounds in his absence

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

He'll have a lot more free time these days to do it himself

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

the sex ghost posted:

Scaring assault victims into dropping cases is more the Gerrard specialty, especially from one AM to another.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

blue footed boobie posted:

Bit of an over the top reaction, though.

He's a Rastafarian, they don't touch pork. It's blatant bigotry and the shocking lack of an acceptable response from Stoke is sickening to say the least.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

tbp posted:

He's a Rastafarian, they don't touch pork. It's blatant bigotry and the shocking lack of an acceptable response from Stoke is sickening to say the least.

You are thinking of Muslims and Jews. Rastafarians actually have a quite interesting system that is decided on a person by person basis that usually plays out as a strictly organic food vegetarian or vegan diet sometimes including fish. I guess it should be no real shock a fan of a club that made a concerted effort to defend a racist would not be up on multiculturalism though.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
El-Hadji Diouf's been keeping busy on his holidays:

The Sun posted:

SOCCER badboy El Hadji Diouf was beaten up in a drunken fracas in a nightspot’s toilets, it was reported yesterday.

The Leeds Utd striker was said to have abused other drinkers at beach bar Five in Almadies in his Senegal homeland.

Local newspapers claim two men followed him to the toilets and laid into him for ten minutes before bar staff summoned his minders in the early hours of Sunday.

A source had said: “He was with his wife but was completely drunk and was shouting abuse at everyone.

“A man called Thierry and a friend beat him up in the toilets for at least ten minutes. They gave him a going-over.”

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Byolante posted:

You are thinking of Muslims and Jews. Rastafarians actually have a quite interesting system that is decided on a person by person basis that usually plays out as a strictly organic food vegetarian or vegan diet sometimes including fish. I guess it should be no real shock a fan of a club that made a concerted effort to defend a racist would not be up on multiculturalism though.

I'm pretty sure Rastafarians aren't supposed to touch pork at all. Period. And the individual basis for diet is mostly concerned on the amount of fish and meat consumed or going straight up vegetarianism.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

the sex ghost posted:

Shall we let his friends know he's having seven shades kicked out of him?

Nah, let's give it ten minutes...

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Byolante posted:

Scaring assault victims into dropping cases is more the Gerrard specialty, especially from one AM to another.
lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

the sex ghost posted:

I like the fact that even his minders hate him so much they'll let him get beaten on for 10 minutes before stepping in.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Byolante posted:

You're wrong and tbp is right. Rastafarians doesn't eat pork and writing a long post about their diet habits doesn't change that.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tbp posted:

Uhh, they sacked the guilty party.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

Who is it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Who is it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22614097

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Guess this should go here

quote:

Uefa: New drug-testing plans and 10-match bans for racism

Uefa will retrospectively study 900 doping samples given since 2008 as it attempts to combat use of performance-enhancing drugs in European football. Though it will not lead to future punishments, the governing body intends to identify the scale of steroid use. Uefa will also carry out blood testing in more competitions from 2013-14, and consider using biological passports.

A proposal for 10-match European bans for players and officials found guilty of racism has also been ratified.For racist incidents involving spectators, a partial stadium closure for the first offence and a full stadium closure for a second, coupled with a fine of 50,000 euros (£42,800), will be applied.

The new measures were on the agenda at Uefa's executive committee meeting, held in London prior to Saturday's Champions League final between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich. In February, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he had asked Uefa several times to implement new drug-testing procedures. "When you have a doping control at Uefa, they do not take blood, they take only urine," the 63-year-old said. "I have asked many times [at Uefa meetings] in Geneva [for that to be changed]."

The World Anti-Doping Agency's president has also accused football of not doing enough to stop doping. Talking about the blood-boosting drug involved in the case of disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong, John Fahey, said: "I simply say this about football - they are not testing enough for EPO. They can do more and we encourage them to do more."

Previously, blood testing has only taken place at European Championships.

The extent of the use of performance-enhancing drugs in football was hinted at in the Operation Puerto case in Spain. While that investigation, which led to Eufemiano Fuentes being found guilty of running one of the world's largest sports doping rings, centred around cyclists, the Spanish doctor has boasted of a client list that extended into a number of other disciplines. It may never be known if that was the case, as the blood bags used to convict Fuentes have been ordered to be destroyed, a ruling Spain's anti-doping agency (AEA) plans to appeal.

Can't believe they are going to let people get away with having doped if an old test sample tests positive. Retroactive bans are a big part of deterring people from substance that don't yet have tests for them. Football's anti-doping regieme has long been a total joke especially when you have a doping doctor bragging that he had to turn down a serie A club because he had so much work in la liga and the response is to destroy the evidence (gently caress spain!).

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Speaking of doping in football, apparently you're allowed to miss six doping controls before they get on your poo poo, as opposed to two in every other sport.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Byolante posted:

Shameful to defend this behavior especially when you are wrong. I expected better, considering your previously exemplary record with regard to cultural nuance.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Tony Pulis's sacking had nothing to do with the blatant bigotry that is being tacitly accepted by the club and Stoke's supporters, it was entirely because of the poor quality of football he has instilled along with the large spending record he has accrued.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tbp posted:

Tony Pulis's sacking had nothing to do with the blatant bigotry that is being tacitly accepted by the club and Stoke's supporters, it was entirely because of the poor quality of football he has instilled along with the large spending record he has accrued.

To be fair, they don't actually know who did it. Its kinda hard to punish an unknown person. I guess you could say they should be investigating more, but who knows what they're doing, if anything.

Edit: also the part about pulis doing it was a joke

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 24, 2013

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

belgend posted:

Speaking of doping in football, apparently you're allowed to miss six doping controls before they get on your poo poo, as opposed to two in every other sport.

This doesn't ring true, given Rio's ban for missing one.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

blue footed boobie posted:

To be fair, they don't actually know who did it. Its kinda hard to punish an unknown person. I guess you could say they should be investigating more, but who knows what they're doing, if anything.

Edit: also the part about pulis doing it was a joke
Wasn't it Glenn Whelan?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Ninpo posted:

Maybe the FA actually is decent on that, but over here several players have missed two without any complainet and apparently they're only following FIFA's norm.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Shmoses posted:

Wasn't it Glenn Whelan?
Apparently even he isn't that stupid/culturally insensitive. Jones thought it was him, and smashed his car window with a brick, but he apparently apologised later because Whelan had not done it.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The Brighton and Bornemouth footballers have been cleared of all charges in that sexual assault case. Hope the girl is okay and the case doesn't affect her too badly, but it sounds like she was terribly advised from start to finish.

You know its been a bad few weeks for your club when the best news has been that four players did not sexually humiliate a teenager when she was sleeping.

In other Brighton related news Colim-Kazim (Coca Cola Kid) Richards has been charged with homophobic abuse and will appear in court. Apparently he mimicked pulling his pants down and making a cock in arse gesture at Brighton fans.

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 24, 2013

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Any clues on who done the poo yet? Have CSI Brighton been in to take samples and do poo splatter analysis?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
No idea but we've been assured additional security measures have been in place to stop people making GBS threads on the floor in the future.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The poo man has struck again as Napoli's locker room has been hosed up, with someone leaving a poo on the floor.

When will the madness stop?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ninpo posted:

I think that was a targeted test not a whereabouts one

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Gigi Galli posted:

The poo man has struck again as Napoli's locker room has been hosed up, with someone leaving a poo on the floor.

I remember seeing a poo poo on the floor at the Rhyl Sun Centre indoor water-park in 1995. Same MO, could it be the same guy?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Pooping in a locker room like that requires some time and commitment.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

quote:

Tottenham Hotspur player in alleged breach of betting regulations
The FA has announced it has charged Andros Townsend in relation to alleged breaches of its rules governing misconduct and betting.

The Tottenham Hotspur player has been charged with breaches of Rule E8 (b) in relation to a number of betting offences.

http://www.thefa.com/News/2013/may/andros-townsend-charged

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

The FA sponsored by Budweiser posted:

Save for those Participants subject to the prohibition in sub-paragraph (a), a
Participant shall not bet, either directly or indirectly, or instruct, permit, cause or
enable any person to bet on –
(i) the result, progress or conduct of a match or competition:
(A) in which the Participant is participating, or has participated in
that season; or
(B) in which the Participant has any influence, either direct or
indirect; or
(ii) any other matter concerning or related to any Club participating in
any league Competition, as defi ned in Rule A2, that the Participant is
participating in or has participated in during that season, including, for
example and without limitation, the transfer of players, employment of
managers, team selection or disciplinary matters.
For these purposes, without limitation to the application of this Rule to other
circumstances, all Employees of a Club are deemed to participate in every match
played by that Club while they are so employed; all Players registered with a Club
are deemed to participate in every match played by that Club while they are so
registered.

I imagine he's bet on a Spurs game thinking that he was OK to do so.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Total Meatlove posted:

I imagine he's bet on a Spurs game thinking that he was OK to do so.

Apparently he bet on Arsenal to finish above Spurs lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Gigi Galli posted:

atomic gog posted:

I remember seeing a poo poo on the floor at the Rhyl Sun Centre indoor water-park in 1995. Same MO, could it be the same guy?

Nice one lads I've now got three (3) pins connected by strings on my conspiracy wall, they are making a sort of triangle shape, possibly Barca involvement?

I will get to the bottom of this.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The Phantom Shitter is obviously Darren Fletcher

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blue Screen Error posted:

Nice one lads I've now got three (3) pins connected by strings on my conspiracy wall, they are making a sort of triangle shape, possibly Barca involvement?

For your wall:
I went to school with journeyman midfielder Steven Davis. In year 12 (2001) someone did a massive poo poo in the boys' locker room.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Blue Screen Error posted:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Rhyl Sun Centre is a red herring, it's a local tradition to make sure there's a poo poo in the building at all times.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Ninpo posted:

Rhyl Sun Centre is a red herring, it's a local tradition to make sure there's a poo poo in the building at all times.

Oh do you live there? hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Dutch TV tonight aired a documentary about Juventus blood doping for the 96 champions league final, anyone see it? I'm hoping it gets put online with subtitles soon.

From another forum

quote:

There is basically conclusive scientific evidence that Juventus doped their players up to their eyeballs in the 90's.

A police raid confiscated a large number of medical documents, among which were blood tests conducted by Juventus own doctors in the period from 1993 to 1996 or so (can't remember the exact dates but it was several years).

They showed high spikes in hemoglobin values occurring at several points during the season (e.g. right before the champions league final in 1996 vs ajax). These could not be explained as natural, since it occurred in too many players at the same times/dates.

A trial happened, but nobody was punished. One of the reasons given was that nobody had ever tested positive for anything. Which isn't very surprising since the doping lab (situated in Rome) assigned to test footballers, either (if you want to believe them) only tested 30% of the samples they received or (if you want to believe the general consensus) didn't test samples from footballers on anything at all (the lab was later closed for two years for fraudulent practices...)

Of course the former Ajax players interviewed reacted angrily, surprised & hurt to this "shocking news".

African AIDS cum fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 27, 2013