Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I haven't skinned my phone in years but drat, FlatIcons.
E: W/ hiding icon labels.

How are those Hue bulbs anyway? I love mood lighting. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I haven't skinned my phone in years but drat, FlatIcons.
E: W/ hiding icon labels.

Seeing your uTorrent app there reminded me. Is there any conceivable way to make the uTorrent Remote tweak work with qBittorrent on my desktop?

Also holy god everybody buy Iconoclasm and FlatIcons

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Dewgy posted:

How are those Hue bulbs anyway? I love mood lighting. :3:

They are fantastic. Easy to control, colors (except browns) are great. The app leaves a little to be desired, but the API is open so soon we should see some amazing community developed stuff.

They're supposed to last 15 years and since they are LED they're low on electricity. And you can control up to 50 bulbs from one app/bridge.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Seeing your uTorrent app there reminded me. Is there any conceivable way to make the uTorrent Remote tweak work with qBittorrent on my desktop?

Why pick iconoclasm over the one that lets you put icons anywhere, gridlock I think? Is there a difference? I keep hearing people rave about iconoclasm and I feel like I need to buy it.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

what dock tweak is that?

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
drat, I'm really liking that FlatIcons theme. I'm almost always against theming (well, I'm against installing WinterBoard to be specific), because 99% of themes are garbage. FlatIcons is making me reconsider. Is there a way to use it without installing WinterBoard?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Zeph posted:

drat, I'm really liking that FlatIcons theme. I'm almost always against theming (well, I'm against installing WinterBoard to be specific), because 99% of themes are garbage. FlatIcons is making me reconsider. Is there a way to use it without installing WinterBoard?

No, but I used to be like you too with the whole no theme/winter board but its seriously a nice and welcome change to the monotony of iOS 6 (sorry, I love it but it needs a facelift. I stare at it every day) and ill be happy to use it until a new version comes out from Apple.

frogg
May 20, 2006

walrus bottle

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I'm trying to get this layout but the 3x3 one from Iconoclasm doesn't have them spaced as far apart as yours. Tried springtomize for spacing but that didn't work out.
e: I'm a dummy, my icons were resized because I thought yours were too. I decided to re-install barrel while I was at this and the page-fade effect looks pretty cool with this layout. Hide the page buttons and disable spotlight and it's like you have secondary icons that you can flick between.

frogg fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 21, 2013

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?
I had avoided Zephyr somehow believing Activator gestures were good enough. Turns out that was monumentally stupid. If anyone else is still doing this, don't.

Thank you, thread.

I now believe in this tweak with the same conviction as an Ouya dev's delusions.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

How'd you get the square notification badge?

Also, is there a way to hide icon names on the first page only?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

randyest posted:

How'd you get the square notification badge?

Also, is there a way to hide icon names on the first page only?

Square notification badge is in FlatIcon's install and can be turned on in Winterboard

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Can you theme the toggles and things like that (Wifi on off etc in the settings menu) if you're using something like Flaticons? They don't fit in at all

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

iLikeMidgets posted:

what dock tweak is that?

Five Icon Dock and Cascade to make them tilted.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

c0burn posted:

Can you theme the toggles and things like that (Wifi on off etc in the settings menu) if you're using something like Flaticons? They don't fit in at all

Auxo

SBSettings

Notification Center

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

basmati posted:

Auxo

SBSettings

Notification Center

Man, may need to buy this after all.

How's the icon support for it? The 1-2 stragglers always kill any interest I have for most themes.

Also, is there a tweak to quickly erase your camera roll? I import all my poo poo to dropbox but their PC app doesn't empty the roll once it finishes.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man, may need to buy this after all.

How's the icon support for it? The 1-2 stragglers always kill any interest I have for most themes.

Pretty great, and I think he takes requests. (?) I'm actually using the Squared option with it, which is meant to give it a more uniform look regardless.

Edit: There's also a nice ColorKeyboard theme (if you have ColorKeyboard.)

Mastodon Henley fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 21, 2013

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Thanks basmati. I'm not usually one for themes but this is a nice refreshing minimalist look. Wish I could turn off app names on first page only though.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008
What a hilarious result with cascade on my theme, it does almost nothing.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

randyest posted:

Thanks basmati. I'm not usually one for themes but this is a nice refreshing minimalist look. Wish I could turn off app names on first page only though.

Maybe Icon Renamer can accomplish this?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

basmati posted:

Maybe Icon Renamer can accomplish this?

It does! Thanks again; you're my new favorite poster in this thread.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I personally find the flat themes ugly. Then again, I hate minimalistic stuff, so I guess that's to be expected.

And yeah, badge icons are Winterboard themable, too. I gave myself a nice purple one. I also themed my WiFi icon, the Play arrow in the top right corner of my iPod when music is playing, the icon for Airplane Mode being turned on, and the icon for the Camera Grabber on the lock screen.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

I personally find the flat themes ugly. Then again, I hate minimalistic stuff, so I guess that's to be expected.

And yeah, badge icons are Winterboard themable, too. I gave myself a nice purple one. I also themed my WiFi icon, the Play arrow in the top right corner of my iPod when music is playing, the icon for Airplane Mode being turned on, and the icon for the Camera Grabber on the lock screen.

I am assuming you would have to do this manually though? There is no easy access tweak for say themeing (weird adjective) the play button for example?

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
I plopped down the dollar menu cheeseburger for FlatIcons, and for the first time in years, installed WinterBoard to use it. I like it a lot. I've only got one issue remaining after some tinkering - in the lockscreen No HTML thme, there's a light grey background behind Lockinfo's clock/weather section. I wish it was transparent, any way to make that happen? (see: http://imgur.com/6VjgYBR)

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Zeph posted:

I plopped down the dollar menu cheeseburger for FlatIcons, and for the first time in years, installed WinterBoard to use it. I like it a lot. I've only got one issue remaining after some tinkering - in the lockscreen No HTML thme, there's a light grey background behind Lockinfo's clock/weather section. I wish it was transparent, any way to make that happen? (see: http://imgur.com/6VjgYBR)

I used Lockscreen LineFix to remove that from the Typophone lockscreen, might want to give that a try.

Edit: Switched themes to the No HTML theme and left it on, and I get this:

CommanderApaul fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 22, 2013

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Team THEOLOGY posted:

What a hilarious result with cascade on my theme, it does almost nothing.

I cringe every time you post your very ugly phone screen.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

benisntfunny posted:

I was really waiting for someone else to say it first.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

benisntfunny posted:

Haha what don't you like about it specifically? The theme? Or the fact that if you don't know my icons you can find literally nothing.

The Dave posted:

I was really waiting for someone else to say it first.

Now in super interested in why it is so ugly to you guys? Is it cause of the Androidy-ness.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just don't find it visually pleasing. There's a lot of clutter / visual static.

- Not a fan of the background but that's not so important.
- Don't like the background behind the clock, or the spacing of the clock.
- The "Tap to close all Apps" is just awful. Hurts the flow of everything, should be an icon.
- Custom carrier signals just never look good or cool
- The 3d perspective on the flat circular icons in the dock looks really, really bad. The way it's done the icons don't have any depth, at all, and just look deformed. A similar experience with better results would be the side icons being smaller but straight on.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Haha what don't you like about it specifically? The theme? Or the fact that if you don't know my icons you can find literally nothing.

Now in super interested in why it is so ugly to you guys? Is it cause of the Androidy-ness.

- Andriodyness? Maybe 3 years ago. Not even Android uses that live wallpaper anymore on their phones, mostly because it was/is ugly.
- The circle app icons are atrocious and not consistently used
- The clock looks like it's missing graphics and bleeds into the status bar
- Your folders have icons spilling over the edges
- The carrier icon reminds me of a thirteen year old's Diablo inspired geocities page.
- Tap to close all apps is totally unnecessary. Not just the functionality but the placement of it.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

benisntfunny posted:

- Andriodyness? Maybe 3 years ago. Not even Android uses that live wallpaper anymore on their phones, mostly because it was/is ugly.
- The circle app icons are atrocious and not consistently used
- The clock looks like it's missing graphics and bleeds into the status bar
- Your folders have icons spilling over the edges
- The carrier icon reminds me of a thirteen year old's Diablo inspired geocities page.
- Tap to close all apps is totally unnecessary. Not just the functionality but the placement of it.

^^

Ill assume you didn't mean to come of as crass as you did but the adjectives make me unsure.

Anyway...

Well thanks for all the input guys, I caved hard.

You all make pretty good points. This ok?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
So piano pass code is the best tweak ever. I just want to plug it again. You can also change the sounds in Library/Piano Passcode to anything. 6.wav is a reggae horn for me. 6666 is the best unlock method ever. BA BA BA BAAAAAA

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008
Do you guys happen to know of a tweak or "app" that kills all programs that isn't a widget like my previous method that was ugly.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Do you guys happen to know of a tweak or "app" that kills all programs that isn't a widget like my previous method that was ugly.

Kill background

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
You don't need to kill all apps why would you do that

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Battery Doctor Pro has a setting to kill background apps after X minutes and has a whitelist. There's a button to kill all apps from the lockscreen as well.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

c0burn posted:

You don't need to kill all apps why would you do that

Free up memory if your device is a bit sluggish. Granted, this is much more crucial on the older devices.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Bouchacha posted:

Free up memory if your device is a bit sluggish. Granted, this is much more crucial on the older devices.

Battery drain I suppose was why i wanted to? or to make sure i kill everything before it goes in my pocket for a while. I figured it would help with that and you guys were right the bar was ugly.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Auxo also let's you bring up the background bottom bar and delete all apps aside from the ones you whitelist by holding your finger down on one of the apps

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

Auxo also let's you bring up the background bottom bar and delete all apps aside from the ones you whitelist by holding your finger down on one of the apps

Thank you so much! I had no idea auxo did that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Battery drain I suppose was why i wanted to? or to make sure i kill everything before it goes in my pocket for a while. I figured it would help with that and you guys were right the bar was ugly.

Unless the app is going crazy rogue, it can't run in the background for more than 10 minutes. So closing those apps has almost no effect on your battery. Think of that list as a recently opened list.

• Locked thread