Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Private Eye posted:

Daily Politics show on BBC 2, talking about the gay marriage reading of the additional clauses which is happening yesterday and today...

This guy wandered up to the camera, then held up his sign....

The he flipped it around..

I just started howling at this because it reminded me of:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12122005

Real pic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
Guy's back again crashing the discussion on legal aid:

cyberbully
Feb 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfZgwxBrAnU

Libertarianzz

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

More Later posted:

Frontpage of tomorrow's french newspaper Libération all in english.

The controversy is that courses that are not related to England and her various hellspawns shouldn't be taught in english because :france:

My heart bleeds for the poor French language.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Private Eye posted:

Guy's back again crashing the discussion on legal aid:

Wilson??

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.
Can't remember if this has been posted before. Even if so, it richly deserves to be mocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8menIEXynk

STATIST LOL

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Fire drill today. Chomsky sighted.

Made some small talk about the woman's dog, but not the dog's politics. Chomsky is a cat person.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paolomania posted:

Fire drill today. Chomsky sighted.

Made some small talk about the woman's dog, but not the dog's politics. Chomsky is a cat person.

You should tell him that it's too hard to find pictures of him holding a cat on the internet, compared to Foucault. :argh:

:ancap:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Cats are poo poo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cats also carry Toxoplasma gondii parasites (above) which alter rats' and possibly human brains:

quote:

Flegr discovered a series of fascinating links between toxo and human behavior. A toxo-infected person is more than twice as likely to be in a car accident—which Flegr attributes to the parasite's tendency to reduce reaction time—and has a higher than normal risk of developing schizophrenia. Other scientists have shown a connection between toxo and an increased risk of suicide.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/01/220113-sneaky-cat-parasite-takes-over-human-brains-science/

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Labour sent out an email today...

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Badera posted:

Can't remember if this has been posted before. Even if so, it richly deserves to be mocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8menIEXynk

STATIST LOL

It's already mocking the STATIST LOL people?

Related:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056C4wM9niQ

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Am I just blinded by hatred for Breitbart or is this really loving weirdly crass and probably intentionally so?

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/DA6DRKTO2

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A French far right historian former member of terrorist OAS organization followed his leader and blew his brains outs in Notre Dame de Paris to protest against gay marriage, sharia law and immigration.

:byewhore:

Leader of the FN Marine Le Pen gave him an homage for his "eminently political act to wake up France"

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Loving Life Partner posted:

Am I just blinded by hatred for Breitbart or is this really loving weirdly crass and probably intentionally so?

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/DA6DRKTO2

But it's just an Associated Press article?

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

LogisticEarth posted:

It's already mocking the STATIST LOL people?

Related:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056C4wM9niQ

Right, I guess I just meant it isn't funny.

:smuggo:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurtofan posted:

A French far right historian former member of terrorist OAS organization followed his leader and blew his brains outs in Notre Dame de Paris to protest against gay marriage, sharia law and immigration.

Leader of the FN Marine Le Pen gave him an homage for his "eminently political act to wake up France"

Good riddance, now hope the rest of them follow his example.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

But it's just an Associated Press article?

Yeah it's not just Breitbart that ran the story using that title. Crass? Very. Intentional? No. Just the usual hyperbole of modern journalism.

Geokinesis posted:

Cats are poo poo.

Nah. People are poo poo. Cats should be kept indoors. Also spayed and neutered. Spay and neuter the hell out of cats. Fuckers are rape machines.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Crasscrab posted:

Yeah it's not just Breitbart that ran the story using that title. Crass? Very. Intentional? No. Just the usual hyperbole of modern journalism.

Also totally meaningless. Yes, there is more total energy in a supercell than there is in a small atom bomb. But having that energy dissipated over many miles and many minutes or hours isn't the same order of business at all as having 30 kilotons of energy released/distributed in a fraction of a second.

Like the difference between somebody leaning into you with an axe and hitting you with an axe. The same amount of energy, delivered on different time scales, to different effect.

Unlikely to make it past 90,000 casualties, for instance.

Slo-Tek fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 21, 2013

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Slo-Tek posted:

Also totally meaningless. Yes, there is more total energy in a supercell than there is in a small atom bomb. But having that energy dissipated over many miles and many minutes or hours isn't the same order of business at all as having 30 kilotons of energy released/distributed in a fraction of a second.

Unlikely to make it past 90,000 casualties, for instance.

Love that shiny unpainted look that a lot of 50s aircraft had.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"A young nurse comforts a dying dog as it lays in the devastated aftermath of yesterdays Moore, OK tornado."

:smith:

edit:

:gbsmith:

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 21, 2013

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Fandyien posted:

"A young nurse comforts a dying dog as it lays in the devastated aftermath of yesterdays Moore, OK tornado."

:smith:

edit:

:gbsmith:

Nurse weeping over dying dog amidst epic destruction. Man grinning over live cat amidst epic destruction. Man, animals are powerful.

edit: forgot picture, found lovely picture, found better picture

user on probation fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 21, 2013

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Part of the backdrop of a Madonna concert in Nice last year. Marine was so angry that someone dared call her a :qq:nazi:qq: that she looked into taking legal action.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

tehloki posted:

Nurse weeping over dying dog amidst epic destruction. Man grinning over live cat amidst epic destruction. Man, animals are powerful.

:smith: and also :unsmith:

My dog needs extra everything tonight. loving pets man.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

RIP idiot bitch.

Kitten rescued from rubble. :unsmith:

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Woman finds dog in rubble during interview:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50147264n

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Ostiosis posted:

This is probably one of the best things I have ever seen.

Edit: poo poo, its THIS thread; stand by for image.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 21, 2013

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Feel good story of the year.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

More rubble dogs

I don't live somewhere that has tornados or flooding or what not but it always seems every year whole towns or neighbourhoods in the US are nearly wiped off the map. Are building codes just not up to snuff or would it just be too expensive to build buildings that could withstand the horrible weather that seems to happen at alarming frequency.

My city has horrible earthquake risks so we have to build everything super duper earthquake safe and spend a fortune upgrading older buildings. Why don't tornado areas do the same? Or.. let me guess, because the increased construction costs would make the places unaffordable to the mostly poor people who live there?

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 21, 2013

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Baronjutter posted:

More rubble dogs

I don't live somewhere that has tornados or flooding or what not but it always seems every year whole towns or neighbourhoods in the US are nearly wiped off the map. Are building codes just not up to snuff or would it just be too expensive to build buildings that could withstand the horrible weather that seems to happen at alarming frequency.

My city has horrible earthquake risks so we have to build everything super duper earthquake safe and spend a fortune upgrading older buildings. Why don't tornado areas do the same? Or.. let me guess, because the increased construction costs would make the places unaffordable to the mostly poor people who live there?

Not so much. It's just that hardening a building enough to resist the tremendous force that a really big tornado can bring to bear is prohibitively expensive and the chance of any individual building being hit by one even once a century is really low. Because of weather radar and advanced warning systems, it's generally much easier to buy decent homeowner's insurance for your possessions and GTFO/get your head down when a big storm comes knocking.

To give you an idea of what you'd be dealing with, an F5 tornado is powerful enough to rip up a roadbed and fling chunks of asphalt for a mile.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Meanwhile earthquakes are still very hard to predict (at least enough to tell people to gtfo)

Seriously look at those buildings, that's my nightmare. All the tall buildings in my city built after a certain date claim to be pretty much earthquake proof but there's still lots of 10-20 story buildings from the 60's that we really aren't sure how they'll fair in the "big one". And this is in the "first world" with super strict building codes and inspections. In the "developing world" quakes half as big often have 6-figure death tolls due to a total lack of construction standards and everything being built out of cheap concrete with little to no rebar.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 21, 2013

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Ostiosis posted:

Similar story, different tornado.

http://www.thv11.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=952116832001

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Baronjutter posted:

More rubble dogs

F5 tornadoes level everything they touch, short of a mountain.

Since this is the DND Pictures thread:

All from Public Shaming.tumblr

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Robert Anton Wilson and Karl Hess hold a panel together at the Libertarian Party Nominating Convention in 1987.

"Subversion For Fun and Profit."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEdRde6jew0#!&%238206;

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 22, 2013

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Kurtofan posted:

That "MLP" at the end is making me think of fascist bronies now. THANKS A LOT.

Okay, that last one's a parody, but it's hard out there for a conservative brony. :qq:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Peanut President posted:

All from Public Shaming.tumblr

Do any of these people realize that this is perfect satire of the right? I have to believe that some of them do.

Years of right wing leadership in Sweden has led to massive unemployment among young people, and now they're rebelling and setting fire to everything. The Norwegian right wants to emulate the Swedish right, and in all likelihood the Norwegian right will come out on top in the coming election. gently caress everything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

Do any of these people realize that this is perfect satire of the right? I have to believe that some of them do.

Years of right wing leadership in Sweden has led to massive unemployment among young people, and now they're rebelling and setting fire to everything. The Norwegian right wants to emulate the Swedish right, and in all likelihood the Norwegian right will come out on top in the coming election. gently caress everything.

Satire is dead my friend. It may have never lived at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Peanut President posted:

I was just thinking the other day that americans treat mass shootings like some sort of inevitable natural disaster. Then I got really depressed.

Have some Patrick Stewart

• Locked thread