Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Is there Hero Card stuff for the DLC characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Glad to know I can still tell an anime when I see it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

So, early Batgirl stuff:

Any combo that doesn't use d2 or Bolo (bf1) early can go into an untechable knockdown or mixup setup later on. Just do your combo as normal until b3, then do j3 (if still possible), then d2 XX Bolo. You can then go for any of her untechable knockdowns, which are:

12b2 (most damage)
12b3 (better position)
db3~3
d3
dd3 (puts them full screen)

You can time a mixup for when the Bolo's capture state ends with either b12 for a low starter or b2u3 for an overhead starter (beware, it's -7 so some characters can punish). I guess you could even mix in the f3 overhead, although that's 28 frames (but it's safe!).

In the corner, she can combo off db3~1, but the only way I've found to combo into it so far is off d2 and d2s all carry additional awful damage scaling. I'm sure there's something there, though.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be aa immediately apparent reason to use any followup to db2 besides db2~u. They're all tech rollable and db2~u does 2% more damage in most combos I've tried it in so far compared to db2 and db2~d.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 21, 2013

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Oh hey, Batgirl is up in the UK on PSN. Lobo didn't go up until Wednesday.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I wonder if the rights are all tied up like the shows, but with Batgirl joining the cast now is the perfect time for a 60's Batman skin pack.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Anyone know a matchup list for Batman? The one on TestYourMight is pretty much broken links right now. Especially Black Adam and Nightwing, Nightwing after getting rear end kicked they always switch to staff mode and spam their electric attack and just outpoke me. Also, Black Adams moves seem all super safe an I don't know how to punish them.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Okay, so Batgirl does get good one meter damage off her overhead/low mixup:

low: b12 212 XX df2~MB 212 XX db2~u (36%)
overhead: b2u3 b2u3 j2 f21 XX df2~MB f21 XX db2~u (41%)
overhead: b2u3 b2u3 j2 12 XX df2~MB 212 XX db2 (39%)
***Note: The db2~u ender whiffs here because of too many hits, boo.
Note 2: The 212 XX db2 thing in the second combo might be unreliable on small chars, can substitute 12 XX db2~u for 1% less total.

Edit 2: If you start the low combo with a j2 it does 39%. If you start with Bolo into j2 it does 32%. Bolo scaling is harsh, but that's the price you pay for a non-meter capture state I guess.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 21, 2013

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

There's apparently a new costume for Catwoman, Harley, and Wonder Woman in the new patch (although I don't get why they wouldn't advertise that with the Bane outfit): http://testyourmight.com/threads/amecomi-skins-also-in-1-03-patch-of-injustice.32826/

Edit: On second thought, that guy may have extracted the file data from the patch, much like the guy who initially found the references to Lobo and Batgirl.

At least some of you guys are getting new costumes. If I want one for Flash, I have to three-star Star Labs. :eng99:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just want to see one other Doomsday costume. He needs more than two :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I just want to see one other Doomsday costume. He needs more than two :(

I'm sure the hazmat costume the Doomsday in the back of the Fortress of Solitude gets when you do a mirror match with the other two skins will eventually be available.

Or didn't you know about that? :smugdog:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Batgirl seems pretty good. Her teleport can be used midair and is perfect against zoning characters. Not sure I like the range of her normals though.

By the way, has anyone been able to do Batmans parry reliably while blocking? I've tried it out in training mode after reading a thread about it on testyourmight, but either the timing is really strict or I'm doing something wrong

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Continuing from my earlier post, assuming this frame data is correct (and there is still reason to doubt, unfortunately), Batgirl's d1 is +12 on hit. Meanwhile, her b1 low combo starter is 14f startup and her b2 overhead combo starter is 15f startup, so my thought is that this could be a potentially strong frame trap situation to go for after you land a Bola.

Edit: Her 111 string is something silly like +22 on hit, so instead of a frame trap you just get a safe mixup attempt after it.

Another thing I was noticing is that, after her 12b2 hard knockdown string, Batgirl can dash and then forward jump for a crossup. Flash set to wakeup Flying Uppercut actually goes the wrong way, so this could be strong against reversal happy opponents.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 21, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Rugpisser posted:

Is there Hero Card stuff for the DLC characters?

Sadly no. They need to patch that along with model viewers. I like to look at all the little details.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

Oh hey, Batgirl is up in the UK on PSN. Lobo didn't go up until Wednesday.

Can't see it. :( Does it show under Injustice?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Fellblade posted:

Can't see it. :( Does it show under Injustice?

If you have the season pass, just download the patch and go.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Edit: Her 111 string is something silly like +22 on hit, so instead of a frame trap you just get a safe mixup attempt after it.

I expect people to test it later but there seems to be a huge gap between the 2nd and 3rd 1 so I assume it can be interrupted/parried

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Dosvidanya posted:

I expect people to test it later but there seems to be a huge gap between the 2nd and 3rd 1 so I assume it can be interrupted/parried

That would be true on block, but that gap is not punishable on hit, I assure you. In the context of using it after landing Bola to then go into b1/b2 mixup, it should be just fine.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Works for me then :clint:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I'm sure the hazmat costume the Doomsday in the back of the Fortress of Solitude gets when you do a mirror match with the other two skins will eventually be available.

I didn't :ohdear:

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
Batgirl's b2d3 string goes from overhead to low and is special canceable.

Has anyone played with that? I couldn't get anything more than 33% off of it but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to get more.

checkstock fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 21, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

checkstock posted:

Batgirl's b2d3 string goes from overhead to low and is special canceable.

Has anyone played with that? I couldn't get anything more than 33% off of it.

I don't remember the damage offhand, but b2d3 XX bf3~MB b3 j3 212 XX db2~u should work fine and be somewhere in the range of 37%.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

I wonder if the rights are all tied up like the shows, but with Batgirl joining the cast now is the perfect time for a 60's Batman skin pack.

Well, there is a new comic:

I think it might look a little too silly in the realistic setting, though.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Is there a character comparable to Guile or Adon from SF4?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Toady posted:

They have Ame-Comi anime designs coming out. Nothing is too silly now :v:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
My hero card...it's so beautiful :negative:

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
I'm really liking the way Batgirl feels, but goddamn, after months of hardly playing fighting games at all outside of weekly meetups, I'm not sure my execution is up to this poo poo.

Such sloppy inputs. :(

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Toady posted:

I would kill for playable Riddler. This needs to happen.

JohnnyBigPotatoes
Jun 8, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPENDING $732.49 ON DIABLO 3 GOLD AND THEN SELLING ALL THE ITEMS AND GOLD FOR $38.27 BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF THE TAXES AND IRS

Mitt Romney 2012
click here to find out more
Hey fellow supes players, do any of you prefer ending your combos with sccop d3 instead of 3 df2 eyes? It's obviously a bit less damage but the oki is a lot stronger; jump, box dash and come down empty or with 2 or whatever.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

JohnnyBigPotatoes posted:

Hey fellow supes players, do any of you prefer ending your combos with sccop d3 instead of 3 df2 eyes? It's obviously a bit less damage but the oki is a lot stronger; jump, box dash and come down empty or with 2 or whatever.

Yes, I prefer sweep ender, unless I'm close enough to the corner that 3 XX bf3 will push them into it, I guess.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Over on the Bane forums, they've discovered that the Level 3 Venom Cooldown debuff has been tinkered with outside of the patch notes. The "increase damage taken" part of it has been toned down.

Superman's Super:
Pre-patch:82% when hit during L3 cooldown
post-patch : 63% when hit during L3 cooldown

So hey, that's something that the patch notes didn't mention, and is pretty good.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Dre2Dee2 posted:

They have Ame-Comi anime designs coming out. Nothing is too silly now :v:

That is a good point, my friend.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Over on the Bane forums, they've discovered that the Level 3 Venom Cooldown debuff has been tinkered with outside of the patch notes. The "increase damage taken" part of it has been toned down.

Superman's Super:

So hey, that's something that the patch notes didn't mention, and is pretty good.

Woah. If that's true then he's gone from taking ~218% damage in lv3 cooldown to ~165%. Pretty huge buff.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

Superman's Super:

Have the link?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Link to Bane stuff:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/thank-you-nrs.32771/page-8#post-874877

Also the Bane forum is pretty enjoyable right now, a bad character got thrown a bone and the players are smiling ear-to-ear and crowing about how much better the character is. A nice break from all the "my character is RUINED" crybaby stuff from yesterday.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, but that one looks dopey. Even his regular costume isn't that good, I think only his Regime costume is kinda cool. So I guess what I should say is, I just want another cool costume for him. But I'm not sure what he has left to get unless they make something up.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Yeah, but that one looks dopey. Even his regular costume isn't that good, I think only his Regime costume is kinda cool. So I guess what I should say is, I just want another cool costume for him. But I'm not sure what he has left to get unless they make something up.
Look for "amicomi doomsday" in the "crazy gender swap" costume pack coming with the scorpion dlc. It will be a girl with grey skin in a bikini.

Or they could do a Genocide skin:

And have everyone on earth go "who?"

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
All y'all PSN goons: I'mma be on pretty much all night, so hit me up when you get online for some sweet Batgirl action. (I'm Shnucka, for those of you who haven't added me yet!)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

gannyGrabber posted:

All y'all PSN goons: I'mma be on pretty much all night, so hit me up when you get online for some sweet Batgirl action. (I'm Shnucka, for those of you who haven't added me yet!)

I'll join you around 6 if you're on then.

nofaves
Mar 26, 2005

Kublai Khan is my homeboy.

We could always get Sunkist Doomsday! All the destructive tendencies of Doomsday, with a refreshing orange taste!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Superman's Super:

Are they sure it isn't because the debuff ends before the super does now?

I can't test it right now, but that super takes a bit to finish.

• Locked thread