Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

"I'm sure it's a bug, but you can MB Batgirl's bola without a bar of meter, it does however take whatever meter you have away, but you don't actually need a full bar."

Haha.

Amazing how they managed to port over a bug from another game verbatim. Takuma and Goro from the first version of KoFXIII had that exact same bug, complete with the "it still takes away what meter you have, even if it's not a bar" bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Are they sure it isn't because the debuff ends before the super does now?

I can't test it right now, but that super takes a bit to finish.

People have tested other moves and said they are less, but perhaps that has the same explanation as well? Really good point.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

gannyGrabber posted:

All y'all PSN goons: I'mma be on pretty much all night, so hit me up when you get online for some sweet Batgirl action. (I'm Shnucka, for those of you who haven't added me yet!)

I'll be on tonight, i'm NotAntagonist.

I will most likely be recording unless you wouldn't like me to.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Amazing how they managed to port over a bug from another game verbatim. Takuma and Goro from the first version of KoFXIII had that exact same bug, complete with the "it still takes away what meter you have, even if it's not a bar" bit.
I wouldn't exactly call it a "port". It's more of a case of "huh, we managed to perfectly replicate a bug from another game engine using our own game engine", if anything.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
PSN goon room begins at 6:00 PM.

BE THERE

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

AradoBalanga posted:

I wouldn't exactly call it a "port". It's more of a case of "huh, we managed to perfectly replicate a bug from another game engine using our own game engine", if anything.

I know, I was joking. It's just such a weird bug to perfectly reproduce, like if there was a dodge mechanic in the game and it was found out that you could cancel the first few frames of the dodge into a special move and the move would inexplicably gain the dodge's invulnerability frames.

Alice Liddell
Sep 14, 2004

I want to forget!
Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?
Do the DLC characters come with Hero-card stuff to unlock?

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

Alice Liddell posted:

Do the DLC characters come with Hero-card stuff to unlock?

Not yet, though Lobo at least does have his own Battle ending.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Messing around with Batgirl... Can't seem to pull out any really good damage, but I found a few quick and dirty ways to take a bit out of them.

b2 xx bola seems to work, but the timing is very tight on it. You have to dial it in or it doesn't work, so it's not terribly safe. When it hits, though, you're in range to dash forward and then do a b3 into a j whatever.

j3 db2 UP is a really easy way to deal 23% and knock them away. db2 is also really good for closing distances, as it'll hit them if they try to jump over you.

And corner the best damage I have so far is b12 11 11 11 11 df2. I'm sure there's a better thing to be doing though.

At any rate, claws seem to do a 1.2x dmg multiplier on fist attacks i.e. 2% becomes 2.4%, whereas electric fists do a +.5% chip damage on attacks, from what i can tell.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
How do I deal with Batgirl's teleport? I basically can't jump ever.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

HellCopter posted:

How do I deal with Batgirl's teleport? I basically can't jump ever.

Keep in mind that it hits mid, it's supremely unsafe and you can punish the hell out of it.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011
Wow, they really did add like a full 30 frames of additional recovery to Wonder Woman's b3. It's a pretty noticeable damage nerf (39% to 35% on her B&B) which seems really arbitrary as I can't think of too many people who were complaining to Netherrealm about WW's combos or anything.

vvv Phew

rocket USA fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 21, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I think they've said it's a bug.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 21, 2013

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

Messing around with Batgirl... Can't seem to pull out any really good damage, but I found a few quick and dirty ways to take a bit out of them.

b2 xx bola seems to work, but the timing is very tight on it. You have to dial it in or it doesn't work, so it's not terribly safe. When it hits, though, you're in range to dash forward and then do a b3 into a j whatever.

j3 db2 UP is a really easy way to deal 23% and knock them away. db2 is also really good for closing distances, as it'll hit them if they try to jump over you.

And corner the best damage I have so far is b12 11 11 11 11 df2. I'm sure there's a better thing to be doing though.

At any rate, claws seem to do a 1.2x dmg multiplier on fist attacks i.e. 2% becomes 2.4%, whereas electric fists do a +.5% chip damage on attacks, from what i can tell.

You can get a lot more off of the b2 since she has two good strings out of. b2d3 hits overhead and and then goes into a low and is special canceable and b2u3 puts them into a juggle state.

So what I've been seeing is that off b2 you might want to try these combos:

b2d3 xx bf3 MB, b3, j3, 212 xx db2u
b2u3, b2u3, j2, f21 xx df2 MB, f21 xx db2u
b2u3, b2u3, j2, 212 xx db2u

And the biggest corner combo I've seen is b1 xx db2u, f23, f23 xx df2 MB, f23 xx df2 which is 51%, but I haven't messed around with any corner stuff.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Batgirl is going to join Raven in the "don't jump against them" pile. If you're hopping around, especially at a distance, you are going to get strung up.

I just fired up ranked to see how she plays and I won two of the worst goddamn matches I've ever played in my life. I guess if I can put it in the win column I can't call it too bad but yeesh I'm not proud of my Batgirl.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
PSN goon room is up!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

gannyGrabber posted:

PSN goon room is up!

I'll be on in like 40 mins

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

According to some tweets I saw from Alex Valle, Joker's Red Hood skin wasn't patched. It's still pre-patch Joker.

That's pretty interesting because it implies that all the skins are actually separate characters with identical movesets, which strikes me as a really clunky way to do things. :shrug:

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

According to some tweets I saw from Alex Valle, Joker's Red Hood skin wasn't patched. It's still pre-patch Joker.

That's pretty interesting because it implies that all the skins are actually separate characters with identical movesets, which strikes me as a really clunky way to do things. :shrug:

Its exactly the way they did it with mk9, with the exact same problems

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it because of the skins with "classic" fatalities?

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
I posted this earlier, but I'm still having trouble, any tips on cancelling into combos? Like the xx in the combo strings I find on TestYourMight?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Dial it in. Chances are if you're trying to do, say, 11 xx bf2, you might actually be hitting 11111 bf2, which won't work. Mashing not allowed!

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

Interstellar Owl posted:

I posted this earlier, but I'm still having trouble, any tips on cancelling into combos? Like the xx in the combo strings I find on TestYourMight?

You're just going to have to practice. It's really as simple as doing the motion and pressing the button when you want to stop the string and go into the special move. There are no special techniques and there is no big advice anyone can really give you. You just have to learn the timings on the different strings you want to cancel.

Well, also check in training mode that you aren't entering extra inputs into your strings because that makes you unable to cancel them.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

I'm not a fan of sitting and waiting for KotH when I'm terrible and need practice, so if anyone on PSN wants to 1v1, my tag is Demmonaz.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Do people on PSN use voice chat much? I'm thinking of getting one of those Bluetooth speaker/mic dealies.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yjxulTlCA0
Barbara's intro and arcade ending, for those who haven't seen it yet.

I'm torn on the arcade ending. On one hand, I'm glad they referenced Oracle in some fashion, right down to her tech-wiz talents. On the other hand....Earth-V Superman killing Jim Gordon creates Batgirl? Really? THAT is the origin you're running with? As opposed to her classic origin (rebellious teenager finds Batman, decides to hang out with him and be a heroine)? You know, the one that didn't completely rip off Batman's exact origin? What the gently caress?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Who cares? It's an alternate universe story and they decided to make the alternate universe Batgirls personas come about in the opposite way. Not sure why Superman would straight up kill Gordon though, seems a bit much when he still considered himself a good guy. Would be hard to reconcile killing Gothams one really good cop with calling yourself the world police.

Edit: I'm not putting this in spoilers because it's a characters arcade mode ending in a fighting game and I'd feel ridiculous doing that.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, first match in KotH and sure enough my buttons are wrong.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Welp, first match in KotH and sure enough my buttons are wrong.

Hahah, I was thinking "his buttons have to be wrong" when you weren't doing anything on the person's wakeup.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I was wondering what was going on when you kept getting punched in the face! God drat Bane is a scary mofo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

YOO KNOW NUHSING OF STRINGTH

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

poo poo, my Internet poo poo out on me. I swear I'm not rage quitting. If I quit every time I was about to lose, I'd never finish an online match.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Is the PS3 room still up? I just got home from work. I'm pacific time.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

poo poo, my Internet poo poo out on me. I swear I'm not rage quitting. If I quit every time I was about to lose, I'd never finish an online match.

It's okay pal, I thought I recognized your name so I didn't think it was a "rage quit" :). PS3 room is still going, yeah. Still if anyone wants to 1v1 let me know cuz I'd rather do that than koth.

Thedude12
Dec 16, 2006

Bang.

WarEternal posted:

It's okay pal, I thought I recognized your name so I didn't think it was a "rage quit" :). PS3 room is still going, yeah. Still if anyone wants to 1v1 let me know cuz I'd rather do that than koth.

Sure ill play ya add thedude54 when you get the chance

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Heh, bet this noob doesn't even know how to fight Smoke. :smaug:

I really hope the hazmat tears open a lot as you fight, revealing Doomsday's true appearance underneath. It'd be just like the comics.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I will pay all of my money for dlc that lets me deactivate moves on my list. So tired of some sort of input fuckery that causes me to wake up into goddamn cat dodge instead of dash. Catwoman would be top tier if it wasn't for cat dodge dragging her down.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

gannyGrabber posted:

I will pay all of my money for dlc that lets me deactivate moves on my list. So tired of some sort of input fuckery that causes me to wake up into goddamn cat dodge instead of dash. Catwoman would be top tier if it wasn't for cat dodge dragging her down.
This is me with WW's stupid anti-air tiara.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

My #1 accidental input is db1 when I'm trying to d1 with Raven, which would help me a lot but I'm always afraid of getting the db1 instead. I need to fix my controller to somehow only input D when I press D instead of the DB or DF if you push it to the far left/right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
GGs my goonies, that was fun. Bane is better now!

• Locked thread