Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Who's bright idea was it for the creator's comments after each issue of 52 in the trades spoil things in upcoming issues? Thanks for spoiling who Batwoman is right after she's introduced, Dan DiDio...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

My Fraction Iron Man Omnis OSHC's arrived! Very quick really, considering I ordered them only last Sunday, and they were being shipped from NJ to Ireland.

Only problem is, I'm going to catch a train to my folks place straight after work, so I don't know whether to bring them with me, or leave them in the office until Monday. :negative:

I just hope they bring out the rest of the run in this format...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Is there anything good that's in danger of going out of print soon

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Nodoze posted:

Yes

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

onefish posted:

Re: InStockTrades-- wow. Hadn't heard of them. Went and looked, and better prices than Amazon or B&N (right now, at least). And apparently much better packaging according to reviews/commentary.

Fair warning though. The one time I used them they took fifteen days between placing my order and shipping it.

Nodoze posted:

The way that comic book publishes handle their printing? Everything.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I just got myself the Fall of the Mutants omni and it's great, but I was wondering if there is a hardcover that encompasses all the stuff that takes place right before (mutant massacre mostly). I'm not a fan of paperbacks and I prefer OSHC or omni format.

But if no hardcover is available, I'll obviously have to buy the paperback, but I see that there are 2 paperbacks released in 2010 - one is 256 pages, one is 320. If those are my only choices, would there be a reason to not get the 320 page one?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Doji Sekushi posted:

I just got myself the Fall of the Mutants omni and it's great, but I was wondering if there is a hardcover that encompasses all the stuff that takes place right before (mutant massacre mostly). I'm not a fan of paperbacks and I prefer OSHC or omni format.

But if no hardcover is available, I'll obviously have to buy the paperback, but I see that there are 2 paperbacks released in 2010 - one is 256 pages, one is 320. If those are my only choices, would there be a reason to not get the 320 page one?

There is a hardcover
http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Mutant-...Mutant+Massacre

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

poo poo, thanks, I'm am idiot. That's what I get for searching amazon on my phone.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Well don't leave me hanging!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Does anyone know if the solicited hardcover for Daredevil: End of Days will be oversized?

Doji Sekushi posted:

I don't think the issues between Mutant Massacre and the Fall of the Mutants omni have been collected, aside from in Essential collections (there is one collection called Old Soldiers, which has Alan Davis' issues, but it's missing some essential issues of Uncanny). I think it's Uncanny #215-219, some of which is kinda important to bridging the gap between Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants. #215-216 has Storm attacked by Crimson Commando, Super Sabre and Stonewall, then #217-218 has the "new" members (Rogue, Dazzler, Longshot and Psylocke) training on Muir Island and fighting Juggernaut in Edinburgh. #219 has Havok joining the team.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Someone here mentioned that IST is actually cheaper than Amazon on some things so I went and looked at some stuff I had on my wishlist... this is both a good and bad thing :ohdear:

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I actually just saved like 50 bucks getting the Rucka Wonder Woman trades from IST instead of random sellers on amazon.

They didn't have one of them though so I have to eat the amazon cost on that one. Sucks.

And they didn't have any of the Joe Kelly Supergirl trades. And amazon doesn't either. :(

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

So there's no reason I shouldn't sell my Sinestro Corps Wars HC's for the Absolute Edition right? And then do the same for Blackest Night and Final Crisis and whatever else

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I actually just saved like 50 bucks getting the Rucka Wonder Woman trades from IST instead of random sellers on amazon.

They didn't have one of them though so I have to eat the amazon cost on that one. Sucks.

And they didn't have any of the Joe Kelly Supergirl trades. And amazon doesn't either. :(

Didn't he only plot the book or something?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Rhyno posted:

Didn't he only plot the book or something?
No no he took over at the very end of the Kandor arc and then wrote from #7-#18. It's an underrated run even though it's got just dreadful Ian Churchill art.

I guess they're all on Comixology so if I really want to read them I can do it that way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm pretty sure his tenure there was very rocky and he didn't leave under good terms. I know he was re-writing things constantly, trying to make sense of Supergirl's new, hosed up status quo.

Edit: Here they are, found on the second page of Amazon's search results
http://www.amazon.com/Supergirl-Vol...l+graphic+novel

http://www.amazon.com/Supergirl-Vol...l+graphic+novel

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 22, 2013

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

i have those TPB's, I didn't mind them. I am missing a few in the middle and end of the series run though

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Scott Pilgrim vol 3 Collector's Edition on sale:
http://oni-press.myshopify.com/products/scott-pilgrim-volume-3-collectors-edition

I remember someone here asking about it...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

Scott Pilgrim vol 3 Collector's Edition on sale:
http://oni-press.myshopify.com/products/scott-pilgrim-volume-3-collectors-edition

I remember someone here asking about it...

I think CapnAndy was asking why they were taking so long.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Regarding InStockTrades, do they do international shipping? If so, what are their rates like?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Sadly they only ship to the US.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is a somewhat more specific question; does anybody know if the IDW Angel series has only been collected as hardcovers? I've been able to find the four After the Fall collections as paperbacks, but I can only see hardcover versions of the subsequent series.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I see only HCs listed on ComicBookDB
http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=22773

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

drat you TFAW sale :argh: Still, 9 books for under $80 ain't too bad... right?

Between this, the Marvel Omni blowouts, and the Fantagraphics sale, I think I have too much to read.

Plague of Frogs HC V.3 is only $13.99 right now. (nick and dent sometimes are limited to just one copy FYI).

Tempted by that Groo Artist Edition as well.

Oh yeah. That ultrarare collector's item Astonishing X-Men variant is gettin' sliced and diced for a bind.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 27, 2013

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

sporklift posted:

Plague of Frogs HC V.3 is only $13.99 right now. (nick and dent sometimes are limited to just one copy FYI).

Tempted by that Groo Artist Edition as well.

What is the big deal with these Artist editions? I don't think I get it. I'm tempted to get Groo but with a car payment in my near future (drat deer), I thought I would ask.

Plague of Frogs is calling me like a mofo, however.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

sporklift posted:

drat you TFA sale :argh: Still, 9 books for under $80 ain't too bad... right?

I'm counting 10. How much was the Absolute? I've spent way too much on TFAW sales over the years. I think I still have books from their last Black Friday sale I still haven't read.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

What is the big deal with these Artist editions? I don't think I get it. I'm tempted to get Groo but with a car payment in my near future (drat deer), I thought I would ask.

The artist editions are HUGE. I think almost twice the size of an absolute though they only contain five or so issues. I mentioned it because they are hardly ever discounted past 5-10%.

sleepingbuddha posted:

I'm counting 10. How much was the Absolute? I've spent way too much on TFAW sales over the years. I think I still have books from their last Black Friday sale I still haven't read.

The Astonishing X-men is just a single ish I picked up instore to complete a binding project. I didn't count it as part of my order. The Absolute was $30, it's a little dinged up. Don't see Absolutes in these sales too often.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

They're the closest thing to holding the original art in your hands unless you're rich enough to hold the original art in your hands.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Is Batman Incorporated: Demon Star oversized?

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I had heard that the colors or something was off about the Kingdom Come absolute. Do they look okay to you? Kingdom Come is one of my favorites and I'd love to have the absolute but if the art is off, ya know what's the point?

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

sporklift posted:

drat you TFA sale :argh: Still, 9 books for under $80 ain't too bad... right?

What is the TFA sale? I just spend $70 at instocktrades so I just want to see what could have been with another sale.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

ShortStack posted:

I had heard that the colors or something was off about the Kingdom Come absolute. Do they look okay to you? Kingdom Come is one of my favorites and I'd love to have the absolute but if the art is off, ya know what's the point?

I think the big problem people had is that there were rumors that it was just upscaled from the TPB art, and that it was done poorly enough that you could tell. I haven't actually looked at my copy in a couple of years (which probably means I should part with it...) but I don't remember thinking anything looked off.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

bairfanx posted:

I think the big problem people had is that there were rumors that it was just upscaled from the TPB art, and that it was done poorly enough that you could tell. I haven't actually looked at my copy in a couple of years (which probably means I should part with it...) but I don't remember thinking anything looked off.

Yeah. I think the graininess people are claiming is just due to being able to see the texture of the paper used in the original painting better. I dug it.

AmericanBarbarian posted:

What is the TFA sale? I just spend $70 at instocktrades so I just want to see what could have been with another sale.

Things From Another World. Dark Horse's comic shop. TFAW.COM If you live in Portland you can get free shipping if you go pick it up at one of their three shops.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 27, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Is Batman Incorporated: Demon Star oversized?
Not according to the Amazon specs, plus there have been no New52 OSHCs at all yet (afaik).

Unrelated:
What's the best version of Elektra: Assassin out there? According to Amazon reviews, the hardcovers (regular & Elektra omnibus) have terrible reproduction problems. True? Is the Marvel's Finest trade the way to go?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 27, 2013

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

redbackground posted:

Unrelated:
What's the best version of Elektra: Assassin out there? According to Amazon reviews, the hardcovers (regular & Elektra omnibus) have terrible reproduction problems. True? Is the Marvel's Finest trade the way to go?

I don't know about the Marvel's Finest edition but the new TPB holds up well in comparison to my singles in terms of art reproduction (it doesn't seem blown up from smaller scans or anything like the review on Amazon says). The problem is the colour, which is really muted throughout. It's not horrible, but definitely distracting if you're familiar with how it looked originally.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been trying to track down a copy of the Doctor Who: Endgame graphic novel recently. It seems to have gone out of print, however, and when I contacted Panini I was informed that there are currently no plans to reprint it. I've had no luck on eBay and I've yet to check the local Forbidden Planet, but does anybody know any sites for hard-to-find books that may be worth checking out?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

I've been trying to track down a copy of the Doctor Who: Endgame graphic novel recently. It seems to have gone out of print, however, and when I contacted Panini I was informed that there are currently no plans to reprint it. I've had no luck on eBay and I've yet to check the local Forbidden Planet, but does anybody know any sites for hard-to-find books that may be worth checking out?

Looks like Alibris has it.

Edit: Oh, never mind, that's just the novel. I guess if you can find the ISBN number, do a Google search on it, maybe you'll get lucky.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 29, 2013

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Zenith complete collection is coming!

http://www.2000adonline.com/news/29-05-2013/zenith_to_be_reprinted/

And the bad news... Limited edition of 1000, only available from the 2000 AD online store and Bleeding Cool are reporting it's going to be £100.

Been waiting for this for a long time but at that price I'll pass. Hopefully a more reasonable priced version will come out further down the line.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hakkesshu posted:

Looks like Alibris has it.

Edit: Oh, never mind, that's just the novel. I guess if you can find the ISBN number, do a Google search on it, maybe you'll get lucky.

It's too bad. It's kind of frustrating because it's the one book I need to complete my set (aside from the Seventh Doctor one that's only been released recently) and the chances of ever getting hold of it are remote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Is there any way to get Question Violence and Zen cheap or will I have to bite the bullet to get it?