Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Kraken is miniaturesmarket's deal of the day for 65 boners. Already got mine so go to town!

As of now, 17ish left.

Edit: sold out

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 12:28 on May 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

gilljoy posted:

Wait Menoth is good at shooting? I must be playing them wrong, only shooting I ever make is my exemplar errants and the ocassional AOE from ym Vanquisher

Menoth is pretty good at shooting, with weapons platforms like the Reckoner, Vanquisher, Redeemer, and the Vessel of Judgment (and of course the Judicator). On top of that, their jacks get Hymn of Battle for extra accuracy and power, and that extra power is triply effective with AOEs. The biggest thing that makes Menoth a good shooting faction, though, is the defense. With Hymn of Passage, Errants, Bastions, Zealots, Paladins, etc., they can not only shoot, but keep you there being shot at unable to get at whatever's shooting you.

The fact that two of their best tarpits are also two of their shooting options just makes this more offensive.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Menoth is pretty annoying at shooting. I haaaaaate Vanquishers, and Deliverers are usually the first target for my Widowmakers.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The menoth jack gunline is hard to shoot at not because of passage, so much as, it's actually very hard to shoot jacks off the board economically, so they will win most shooting contests, while their AOEs and the choir's AOE buffing(along with ancillary attacks) makes them more than capable of mowing down infantry.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Panzeh posted:

The menoth jack gunline is hard to shoot at not because of passage, so much as, it's actually very hard to shoot jacks off the board economically, so they will win most shooting contests, while their AOEs and the choir's AOE buffing(along with ancillary attacks) makes them more than capable of mowing down infantry.

While they don't have the AoE buffing, Skorne is joining in on the "great at clearing infantry, and even doing good damage to jacks" shooting group through the mammoth and incindiarii. Its glorious.

I have also learned that Menoth still favors me even when I play skorne. He always guided my AoE deviations as menoth, and he still does as skorne as long as I use my menoth dice.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Cyriss colossal! With the most redundant name, "Prime Axiom".

*picture is a link to the article that details some abilities and stats

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 22, 2013

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

That's the colossal, not the battle engine.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

fugly posted:

That's the colossal, not the battle engine.

:doh: I meant to type Colossal.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Also that thing looks holy poo poo awesome. Two guns with drag and a 3-6 shot main cannon? Plus it poops out solos? Sorry Circle, it was nice knowing you

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

S.J. posted:

Also that thing looks holy poo poo awesome. Two guns with drag and a 3-6 shot main cannon? Plus it poops out solos? Sorry Circle, it was nice knowing you

I was thinking exactly that, especially given how crazy the servitor pooping can get. See ya later stones.

Not to mention it can get a field marshal ability. Convergence looks like it will be very fun to list-build.

gilljoy posted:

eCaine also is an awesome model. Cygnar do seem very fun to play, cygnar or trolls for a new army is a hard choice to make.

Wait Menoth is good at shooting? I must be playing them wrong, only shooting I ever make is my exemplar errants and the ocassional AOE from ym Vanquisher

Shooty Menoth were sort of a flavor of the month sytle. I think a lot of it rose out of Phatasian's crutching the Avatar. People seem to have forgotten how bonkers good that jack is.

!amicable fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 22, 2013

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

!amicable posted:

I was thinking exactly that, especially given how crazy the servitor pooping can get. See ya later stones.

Not to mention it can get a field marshal ability. Convergence looks like it will be very fun to list-build.

Some of the Field Marshal abilities won't work for it, right? I don't think a Colossal would be able to countercharge. On the other hand, Apparition! Repair!

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Every time they leak something for Cyriss I can't help but think that this faction is going to be overwhelmingly better than anything out there. I realise Privateer has done a good job keeping most everything on a relatively even playing field up to now but especially in relation to the other Warmachine factions these guys seem like they're just going to clean house.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

evenworse username posted:

Every time they leak something for Cyriss I can't help but think that this faction is going to be overwhelmingly better than anything out there. I realise Privateer has done a good job keeping most everything on a relatively even playing field up to now but especially in relation to the other Warmachine factions these guys seem like they're just going to clean house.

It's looking like the weak spot is going to be magic weapons. The battlebox only has a spell that inflicts magical damage, and while a few of the casters have magic weapons, the only other thing is the low power, high speed Clockwork Angels.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

theironjef posted:

It's looking like the weak spot is going to be magic weapons. The battlebox only has a spell that inflicts magical damage, and while a few of the casters have magic weapons, the only other thing is the low power, high speed Clockwork Angels.

If that's the case, then Dartan + Paladins will be very popular with Menoth as a counter, and Cryx will have a field day. I don't really see how that particular weakness will affect Khador, but there are definite tactics to taking down glass cannons - otherwise Cryx would dominate every time.

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..

theironjef posted:

Some of the Field Marshal abilities won't work for it, right? I don't think a Colossal would be able to countercharge. On the other hand, Apparition! Repair!

Neither Countercharge nor Apparition will work on a Collossal. Regardless, the thing is pretty amazing.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Why the hell is that thing embedded in a rock? Doesn't it have legs to stand on?

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Tanon posted:

Neither Countercharge nor Apparition will work on a Collossal. Regardless, the thing is pretty amazing.

Arc node 4 lyfe, yo.

The Directrix is probably my favorite of the leaked casters. I'm pretty sure she will be a late schedule release though, so that's good.

Pierzak posted:

Why the hell is that thing embedded in a rock? Doesn't it have legs to stand on?

The main body is too heavy to be supported by the spider style legs that Convergence vectors use, so they used a rock under it to keep it standing while maintain the aesthetic of other Convrgence stuff.

!amicable fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 23, 2013

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pierzak posted:

After a long day of crushing the enemies of the Convergence, sometimes a Prime Axiom just gotta have a sit and rest its legs, y'know?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

albany academy posted:

If that's the case, then Dartan + Paladins will be very popular with Menoth as a counter, and Cryx will have a field day. I don't really see how that particular weakness will affect Khador, but there are definite tactics to taking down glass cannons - otherwise Cryx would dominate every time.

Or, you know, the two-point, three man unit each member of which can hand out Magical Weapons to anyone who asks nicely.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

evenworse username posted:

Their defensive stats don't seem all that great. So to me they seem like another glass cannon faction. Not to say that is a bad thing but that style of play is all about balancing the fine line of risk / reward.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

S.J. posted:

I'm not buying you another avatar. :colbert:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

!amicable posted:

The main body is too heavy to be supported by the spider style legs that Convergence vectors use, so they used a rock under it to keep it standing while maintain the aesthetic of other Convrgence stuff.

I think it's supposed to be hovering.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Babby's first Nyss Hunters

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
The colossal is pretty much an auto include with any list with Syntherion. Boosted ranged attack rolls, free healing every round, and then on feat turn Prime charges for free and gets to shoot and grind things in the face with hands? Oh lordy. You better hope that your caster is out of range otherwise they are going to die.

Respawn is going to be tricky if you put it on the Prime since the colossal doesn't get to move but does get the heal portion of it.

July 7 can't come soon enough!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Excelsiortothemax posted:

The colossal is pretty much an auto include with any list with Syntherion. Boosted ranged attack rolls, free healing every round, and then on feat turn Prime charges for free and gets to shoot and grind things in the face with hands? Oh lordy. You better hope that your caster is out of range otherwise they are going to die.

Respawn is going to be tricky if you put it on the Prime since the colossal doesn't get to move but does get the heal portion of it.

July 7 can't come soon enough!

They may let it move, since they gave us precedent with pThag.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

theironjef posted:

Doubtful; they allowed it with pThags specifically because the model was off the table already and was being returned. With Respawn, that doesn't seem to be the case. And anyway, Syntherion really ought to have Hotshot on the Prime and Respawn on another Vector that won't draw as much aggressive attention. A Colossal with just a few hit boxes is likely to be a dead Colossal against a dedicated opponent.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Tias posted:

I did this, and yes, it was hell. Also, keep in mind that you cannot magnetize the shoulder add-ons, so it can only be either a spriggan or demolisher shoulder. Not that that matters unless your opponent is an rear end about WYSIWYG. With some green stuff and strategically mounted magnets, I did manage to make Demolisher, Devastaor and Spriggan arms, though.

The shoulders can be magnetized, it's just after doing the rest of the kit you may developed a drinking problem and start questioning if putting magnets in them is really what you want to be doing with your life.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

theironjef posted:

According to this ruling on Respawn and the Archangel no :( http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?138789-Respawn-and-the-Archangel

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Fyrbrand posted:

Babby's first Nyss Hunters

As someone who is sort of fluff-noob, and only deploy Nyss because I'm marshalling them with Valachev, are they supposed to have blue skin?

Exinos posted:

The shoulders can be magnetized, it's just after doing the rest of the kit you may developed a drinking problem and start questioning if putting magnets in them is really what you want to be doing with your life.

I hear that :sigh: I just ended up giving it a Demolisher shoulder and a Spriggan shoulder for max bling :whatup:

Tias fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 23, 2013

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Tias posted:

As someone who is sort of fluff-noob, and only deploy Nyss because I'm marshalling them with Valachev, are they supposed to have blue skin?

Nyss can have blue skin AFAIK

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The studio models have blue skin. But do your own models however you like. I did blue because I'm a fluff whore. Also it was stupid easy to do.

Ysera
Feb 19, 2012

Playing and painting poorly.

Is it just me, or do the little things on the "legs" look like GLaDOS?

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Ysera posted:

Is it just me, or do the little things on the "legs" look like GLaDOS?

Now when I get LOS with that, I have to say "there you are" in that turret monotone.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

So Prime Axiom is basically Double-Galleon with 2d3 shots, 2x drag&punch attacks, and a solo spawner.

:psyduck:

Only downside is Axis won't be able to make great use of it. It'll be nuts on Synth.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I just realized that, on Syntherions feat turn, if you position the model correctly you can get two Drag shots off on the same model with the free punches that they give. You'd just have to make sure the base of the model is dragged into the centre and overlaps both fields.

Then you would still have the two initial melees and the other shots.

So much beauty in that model.

Edit:

Hah! And another thing with Weapon Platform is that (if I'm reading it right) lets you make your initial Ranged after a power attack too.

So now he can Drag, Punch, Two handed Throw, and then Drag and punch again!

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 24, 2013

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Crossposting in here in hopes of a response - I tried some freehand (for the first time) leaves on Morvanha's cloak here and now I think they look pretty bad. Am I being overly self-critical in thinking it would look better if I went back to a solid brown cloak? (I realize the picture is terrible, my decent camera is packed up for moving so had to go with the cell phone)

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Currently they look more like colour spots rather than leaves. It'd be a pain but you'd want to add very tiny definition to them, maybe even attempt to outline them in a darker colour.

The cape looks cool though.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Hah! And another thing with Weapon Platform is that (if I'm reading it right) lets you make your initial Ranged after a power attack too.

So now he can Drag, Punch, Two handed Throw, and then Drag and punch again!

What makes you think it has weapon platform? Only battle engines have that.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Currently they look more like colour spots rather than leaves. It'd be a pain but you'd want to add very tiny definition to them, maybe even attempt to outline them in a darker colour.

The cape looks cool though.

Thanks - I agree that some detailing on the leaves would probably improve them; I'm just not sure I can do it. Glad the cape itself looks good; I think I might just go back to solid brown again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

S.J. posted:

What makes you think it has weapon platform? Only battle engines have that.

Syntherion's feat turn. His Vectors charge for free and gain Weapons Platform.

• Locked thread