Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
also smh this python ruby poo poo. Crazy. What kind of mad mind created this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Ronald Raiden posted:

also smh this python ruby poo poo. Crazy. What kind of mad mind created this.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
well matz is cool, I'm talking about the crazy stuff tef has been posting, like the fizzbuzz that is a single file that works as both ruby and python. And that crazy quine. It's awesome, but its crazy.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Ronald Raiden posted:

well matz is cool, I'm talking about the crazy stuff tef has been posting, like the fizzbuzz that is a single file that works as both ruby and python. And that crazy quine. It's awesome, but its crazy.

oh well that's autistic people

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Ronald Raiden posted:

if you're not interested in these sorts of thigns maybe programming isn't for you?????

it's kind of like wanting to be a writer and saying

well twilight is cool, i'mt alking about the crazy stuff james joyce wrote, like that stream of consciousness that works as both 37 page sentence and a chapter

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

horse mans posted:

if you're not interested in these sorts of thigns maybe programming isn't for you?????

well twilight is cool, i'mt alking about the crazy stuff james joyce wrote, like that stream of consciousness that works as both 37 page sentence and a chapter

I wanna get paid like jk rowling

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

code:
$ cat test.php
<?php
echo json_encode(array('1' => 1) ), "\n"; 
echo json_encode(array('0' => 1));
?>
$ php test.php
{"1":1}

[1]
oh php

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MononcQc posted:

Decided to stop hijacking this thread for Erlang-specific talk. poo poo can now be directed to http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550255 although I'll still be yapping about it here if asked to :toot:

why would you do that? :(

now i have to subscribe to another thread in order to get my learn on :argh:

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Well we can all let the other thread die like the one before did and I'll still be around here :shobon:

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->
just open a new thread when the old one dies

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp

tef posted:

just open a new thread when the old one dies

making reliable distributed posts

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jerry SanDisky posted:

making reliable distributed posts

imagine a beowulf clusterfuck of these

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I'm just gonna start 32,000 concurrent threads

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Otto Skorzeny posted:

we were cleaning out the engineering library 2day

when i was in college, my SPARC assembly textbook had an addendum on PDP-11 asm

i think it was just trying to show us youngsters how good we had it with risc, but it had the opposite effect. pdp-11 asm is loving radical and like not bad to read/write

it has so many address modes and convenience features that good pdp-11 asm looks a lot like C

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

horse mans posted:

I didn't say it wasn't interesting, its awesome. When I said crazy I meant whoa that's nuts I can't believe someone thought of that, or that it worked, not whoa why would anyone do that.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
ur just a dumb horse anyway

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
ugh no he just drew it with haskell or w/e

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

MononcQc posted:

I'm just gonna start 32,000 concurrent threads

i was gonna make an erlang joke and then i saw ur av and i was like oh

:thejoke:

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

I like that they're trying to appeal to a broad international audience by choosing backtick as an operator, but

code:
function addtwo(a,b)
    return `a + b
end
that looks half-assed. if you're gonna do something, do it properly:

code:
function addtwo(a,b)
    return à + b
end

Plastic Snake
Mar 2, 2005
For Halloween or scaring people.
terrablelang dot org

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

https://code.google.com/p/go/source...f8854b7e350eaeb

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Plastic Snake posted:

terrablelang dot org

should forward randomly to a plang's site

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

I've been using some perl at work and to make a rudimentary irc bot and it's pretty fun, and I have the camel book on order. welp, see ya.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Leck posted:

I've been using some perl at work and to make a rudimentary irc bot and it's pretty fun, and I have the camel book on order. welp, see ya.

also get "perl best practices" -- it will teach you things and make you a better programmer, too

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

prefect posted:

also get "perl best practices" -- it will teach you things and make you a better programmer, too
I've heard good things about modern perl and higher order perl too, but this seemed like the right starting point.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Leck posted:

I've heard good things about modern perl and higher order perl too, but this seemed like the right starting point.

higher order perl is awesome but not for beginners, unless you have previous experience with functional programming (i still don't understand it very well :smith:)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
modern perl, impatient perl is good if you know a code already, and depending on your skill/comprehension level you may want to take a quick pass through beautiful code, beautiful data and clean code. they are not perl books at all but 90% of the lessons and guidelines apply just fine, and will help you a lot (make tiny subs, smart var names, etc etc).

higher order is great once you get your head in the game, read that and you're like oh god drat that's slick every 10 mins

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i read a lot of higher order perl and most of what i write is the same 2 loops sucking things up into a data structure then doing something with the data

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JawnV6 posted:

i read a lot of higher order perl and most of what i write is the same 2 loops sucking things up into a data structure then doing something with the data

hashes of hashes of hashes all the way down

(okay, an occasional array in there)

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
waiting for the hipsters to start programming in x86 asm

i mean hey it has absolutely gently caress-all type safety so they should take to it like stink on poo poo

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mr Dog posted:

i mean hey it has absolutely gently caress-all type safety so they should take to it like stink on poo poo

it's faster than C (tm)

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011

Mr Dog posted:

CISC architectures are for corporate java-drones, it takes a true ruby hackeur to appreciate the sublime beauty of RISC

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Assemblr v0.1 (Beta!) web framework

artisanal hand-crafted calling conventions for whatever garbage flavour-of-the-month JSON-over-REST poo poo your startup is serving this month

dude check out this sick xmm loop unroll on my asynchronous event driven mongodb call :smug:

tbh though that's actually a thing except they do high frequency trading and not social feed bullshit

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
these people deserve death because they're directly contributing to the iron-heeled boot of capitalist oppression and they are smart enough to know better

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Mr Dog posted:

artisanal hand-crafted calling conventions for whatever garbage flavour-of-the-month JSON-over-REST poo poo your startup is serving this month

dude check out this sick xmm loop unroll on my asynchronous event driven mongodb call :smug:

tbh though that's actually a thing except they do high frequency trading and not social feed bullshit

pfft true high frequency traders are doing it in hardware. black-scholes-Verilog~~~~

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

Mr Dog posted:

dawww :3:

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

Mr Dog posted:

these people deserve death because they're directly contributing to the iron-heeled boot of capitalist oppression and they are smart enough to know better

lol :v:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Mr Dog posted:

this already happened in the 90s

PENETRATION TESTS
Dec 26, 2011

built upon dope and vice
so did the war in iraq.. makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

Mr Dog posted:

dont joke about this plz, i dont want to see another one of these in the wild.

http://pastebin.com/m77977315