Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

God, these guys are always so on point. They are talking about game of thrones in like 2007 and how dope it is.

I'm talking about regenerative fuckin' medicine, rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

kidsam posted:

Skip them and you'll miss wonderful insights such as:

That quote is glorious. I had almost forgotten about that.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That quote is extremely outrageous. The best thing is that it's so early in the run. It really shows how comfortable Jah was, right off the bat.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

well why not posted:

That quote is extremely outrageous. The best thing is that it's so early in the run. It really shows how comfortable Jah was, right off the bat.

It's ok, I was waiting for the men

Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012

SaxMaverick posted:

It's ok, I was waiting for the men

That's even worse!

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

When Jah first told his story about his experience as a kid with watching female body builders as a kid and getting caught, I knew that this was the best podcast there ever would be.

That level of honesty isn't anywhere else, in pretty much any medium.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
I think Jonathan has put an episode out on a Monday once since announcing that he'd be more vigilant about uploading them early.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Oh my god, this favorite child discussion in 291 is hilarious. So many good bits.

Other highlights include, a timely farewell to Andy Rooney, and drug scale apps for your phone.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 22, 2013

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Sometimes I wonder if the boys consider their lives performance art. Episodes going up late and the voicemail\website going down due to non-payment and tshirts never being mailed... it's all part of the act!

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES

Jeff Wiiver posted:

I think Jonathan has put an episode out on a Monday once since announcing that he'd be more vigilant about uploading them early.

All it did was make the old upload time (which he seems to be sticking to) seem late. I check for new episodes every day now instead of Friday :cripes:

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Hey, you guys complaining about the uploads: you should look into a piece of software called an 'aggregator'. Essentially, instead of having to manually visit every podcast's website every day to check for new episodes, you just enter the RSS feed address into this program, and it checks for new episodes for you, and downloads them automatically. I use one called iTunes, because it works nicely with Apple iPod MP3 players, but many other popular options exist, such as Juice, Mediamonkey, and Winamp, which apparently still exists 15 years after it stopped being decent.

WoG fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 23, 2013

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

WoG posted:

Hey, you guys complaining about the uploads: you should look into a piece of software called an 'aggregator'. Essentially, instead of having to manually visit every podcast's website every day to check for new episodes, you just enter the RSS feed address into this program, and it checks for new episodes for you, and downloads them automatically. I use one called iTunes, because it works nicely with Apple iPod MP3 players, but many other popular options exist, such as Juice, Mediamonkey, and Winamp, which apparently still exists 15 years after it stopped being decent.

I'm fairly certain when people say they're checking for new episodes, they mean they're looking at whatever aggregator they have and seeing no new eps in UYDs feed. But thanks, dude.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

WoG posted:

Congratulations! By the decision of a very scientific algorithm, you have proved that you are stupidest, yet most smug person on the something awful forums! I think it was the over-use of wikipedia links, but whatever, you suck a gently caress! Enjoy your reward!

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

bunky posted:

Congratulations! By the decision of a very scientific algorithm, you have proved that you are stupidest, yet most smug person on the something awful forums! I think it was the over-use of wikipedia links, but whatever, you suck a gently caress! Enjoy your reward!

Hey, thanks!

But seriously, let's all go on posting every time we don't see a new episode yet. It's simply fascinating, and so helpful!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

WoG posted:

Hey, thanks!

But seriously, let's all go on posting every time we don't see a new episode yet. It's simply fascinating, and so helpful!

Man, who invited this guy? This is one of the most laid back threads on SA, at least for the last few months.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

WoG posted:

Hey, thanks!

You're posting about people posting. How interesting. You know what rules? UYD. Take your wiki links somewhere else.

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
Hey guys I just checked and 373 still isn't up yet, don't worry though I'll keep checking iTunes until it's there :)

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Hey is the new ep up yet?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

WoG posted:

Thanks for telling me how to use "itunes" bro

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

It's up.

E: Nevermind. It isn't. I wish I had the wiki link to "aggregator."

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES

a starwar betamax posted:

Hey is the new ep up yet?

I really hope so, I want to listen to it on my Apple iPod MP3 player As Soon As Possible (ASAP)

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

bunky posted:

It's up.

E: Nevermind. It isn't. I wish I had the wiki link to "aggregator."

Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agitator

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

bunky posted:

You're posting about people posting.
Oh, snap. Expertly played.

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
To get back to UYD discussion episode 10 is where Seth just lists off Florida stories interspersed with "Hey Florida", listening to the early eps has reminded me how much I miss this segment along with the "Laughing & Slapping" sightings

Florida posted:

Edgewater man with AIDS molesting children;

Replacement gym teacher uses same technique of charging kids $1 a day to skip gym class.

Miami’s main electricity company is offiering $100,000 reward for information as to who drilled a hole in a pipe in one of its nuclear power plants.

70-year-old man in Titusville grabs woman’s breast in park and shows his prick, then they find a camera and lollipops in his car.

Tampa hand surgeon operates on the wrong part of a patient – her third such mistake.

Sigma Delta Pi sorority house busted for recording sexual acts w/o permission of participants – 36 pledges were required to have sex with partner on first date with 7 partners in a two-week period via Myspace.

4-year-old boy beaten and pushed outside of a truck by a grown man in a McDonald’s parking lot.

Man in electronics section of Wal-Mart was seen going up to boys and offering them $20 or $40 to show their genitals.

Teens injured when internet pipe bomb explodes – one loses an eye.

Pregnant woman repeatedly kicked during carjacking.

Husband and wife found dead in clothing store they owned – police calling it suspicious.

Father strikes daughter with belts for not doing homework.

Woman leaves 1-month old unattended for 90 minutes in a Sears – was driving home when she realized he wasn’t in the car with her.

kidsam fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 23, 2013

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gently caress, now it makes sense.

WoG posted:

Oh, snap. Expertly played.

Shut up nerd. Kick rocks.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

bunky posted:

gently caress, now it makes sense.

Shut up nerd. Kick rocks.

Ha! Ha! Now we're all having fun with satire!

e: To those who've awoken to a dozen new posts and jumped to the reasonable conclusion that Jonathan moved to Mexico and canceled everything, our apologies.

WoG fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 23, 2013

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I can't believe Jonathan is now a Spanish-speaking pianist in New York City.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

All these links and not one to the most important site on the interplague.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

OK, let's stop jumping on the 'WoG is a terrible poster' bandwagon because his posts are low hanging fruit and was probably just having a bad day.

Anybody else made the terrible mistake of listening to the eps at random?

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
According to my aggregator, 373 just dropped. What will I do with my time now that I'm not complaning in this thread and reading the iTunes Wikipedia page??

I think I'll listen to the show.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

Jeff Wiiver posted:

According to my aggregator, 373 just dropped. What will I do with my time now that I'm not complaning in this thread and reading the iTunes Wikipedia page??

I think I'll listen to the show.

Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Woke up way too early today so I spent some time watching the Youtube clips, and goddamn Parenting slays every time I watch it. Like the part where Seth says that if he saw little kid-hands poking out from a cage with a tarp on it he would just get back in the 'Dance and roll out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UoR1dUm9dE

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

Can Seth get a supporting role in David Lynch's next film?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UoR1dUm9dE&t=379s

YOU LOVE FRIES, DON'T YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

It's the emphasis and hand waving on 'NO way I'd confront it' that does it for me. Goddamn I want more videos.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

'I have the tool and the stamina'. loving prime tat material there

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Wow, what a great episode. Jonathan is back in the comedy saddle again.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

kidsam posted:

To get back to UYD discussion episode 10 is where Seth just lists off Florida stories interspersed with "Hey Florida", listening to the early eps has reminded me how much I miss this segment along with the "Laughing & Slapping" sightings

For your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YndTHighWLQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Instead of parenting, you could always lock them in a cage and throw a tarp over them. Duh.

J-Dawg's Dog Dressing®

Episode 298 - I think maybe my new favorite Seth moment might be his real short bit on the mail bins. You can hear him doing all kinds of physical comedy with it even though obviously no one is recording. Not to mention at the same time he also explains how he has an MMJ card even though he hasn't smoked weed in like a decade.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 26, 2013

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I would rather let Mike Madsen cum in my mouth than jack off Tom Sizemore at arm's length with a gloved hand.

Ep. 46 ~37:00

As an aside, does anyone know how many people listen to the show?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Several dozen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

I listen and I got my girlfriend and one of her sisters into it so that's at least three.