Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

Psst.. I think double the fun is for detektiv jurnals, not bonus points and as we're only on month one, there isn't two jurnals to do on one oath entry yet :v:

judges, correct me if I'm wrong! :downs:

It's actually for anyone who does two One-Time Bonuses OR Detektuv's Jurnals in a single month. There are actually a bunch of people who qualify for this already, so I hope they're remembering to claim their extra point!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

enri posted:

Psst.. I think double the fun is for detektiv jurnals, not bonus points and as we're only on month one, there isn't two jurnals to do on one oath entry yet :v:

judges, correct me if I'm wrong! :downs:

That's what I thought, too, until another oather's satisfaction of DtF prompted me to check the rules again: "Do TWO Detectuv’s Jurnal/bonuses on one model." As far as I can tell, that means two Jurnals or two bonuses.

But hey, if I'm wrong, I'll just do it next month! :shobon:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Double the Fun seems like a freebie. I could claim it for box art and WIP, along with almost everybody else who did two or more bonuses.

Glad to hear I can start converting though, I have some big ideas for next month!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Achmed Jones posted:

That's what I thought, too, until another oather's satisfaction of DtF prompted me to check the rules again: "Do TWO Detectuv’s Jurnal/bonuses on one model." As far as I can tell, that means two Jurnals or two bonuses.

Yes, you can do two DJ's or Bonuses to claim the Double The Fun point:

Double the fun! - Do TWO Detectuv’s Jurnal/bonuses on one model. Be sure to tell us which Logs you have completed when you post your Oath Complete picture.

I've edited my post just above, just in case.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

krushgroove posted:

Yes, you can do two DJ's or Bonuses to claim the Double The Fun point:

Double the fun! - Do TWO Detectuv’s Jurnal/bonuses on one model. Be sure to tell us which Logs you have completed when you post your Oath Complete picture.

I've edited my post just above, just in case.

Well I guess I'll go back and edit a Double the fun! into my Oath Complete post.

Chance II posted:

I'm declaring this Oath for May Complete!

And here are the Detektiv's Journal progress shots for my initial Oath. I managed to loose the second shot for my bonus Oath unfortunately.

Well I wasn't planning on it but I guess my Bonus Style Oath would qualify for Speed Painting.
Start

Finish

This is also a Group Theme entry with the the Tohaa Starter box units painted in a unified color scheme. They also play as a team on the board.

Parts List

Since I bought paint with my Reaper Miniatures gift cert won in the last Oath thread, let me tell you what I used.

Stormy Grey basecoat with Cloudy Grey Highlight

Pure White highlight on white primer

Golden Yellow

Burning Orange highlighted with Fireball Orange

Muddy Brown with Rust Brown drybrush for the bases

And Tanned leather for the jacket.

I used Nuln Oil from GW as a wash because it is liquid talent. Everything else is from the Reaper paint line.

And a Double the fun! for all of this.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

It's actually for anyone who does two One-Time Bonuses OR Detektuv's Jurnals in a single month. There are actually a bunch of people who qualify for this already, so I hope they're remembering to claim their extra point!

Achmed Jones posted:

:doh:

Sorry! :shobon:

Can I be bothered to go edit that back in to my oath complete post, or should I just do it next month? ehhh... I'll do it later :)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I to shall edit in a Double the fun

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: Prize Announcement! :siren:

Corvus Belli, manufacturers of Infinity models and terrain and creators of Infinity the Game, sent us a plethora of sweet Infinity loot for you guys!

Here's the complete haul:

And close-ups:
12 Blister Packs! (one to give away to a random Infinity painter every month!)

4 box sets! (one set to give away to a random Infinity painter every quarter!)

A massive Terrain set! (to give away to a random Infinity painter at the end of the oath season)

Pretty cool :)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 22, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
poo poo - accidental double post :P

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, oath to paint the following 4 monsters: Kraken, Medusa, Cyclops, Minotaur (and the half-finished centaur that doesn't count) in May 2013. They're for the Cyclades boardgame, in the scale of who the gently caress knows.

(the cyclops is primed white, the rest are bare, the dark spots on the Kraken are green stuff.)

I, Pierzak, add a Morat Hacker to my May oath! This model's made by Corvus Belli for Infinity.

ed: quoted the original oath post according to da roolz. Also, this is a "Bonus style" addition, not an alternate universe!

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 22, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Timely! ;)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Holy cow, Corvus Belli is brilliant - I'm going to end up buying and painting some Infinity guys just to get in the running for those prizes!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeah, they just sold me a few blisters with that too.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

YF19pilot posted:

Maybe I'll make it a year this time instead of just one month.

I, YF19pilot, oath that I will paint five (5) M-24 Chaffee tanks
From Battlefront/Flames of War, 15mm Scale for the month of May

OATH COMPLETE

Detektuv's Jurnal
Foist things foist, gotta get dat undacoat. And sum bananas. Good for energy.

Make it greener.

Oi! o'se dis oomie?

also...Parts List!
The Chaffees are from Battlefront's FoW UBX33 Chaffee Platoon
Paints Used:
Flames of War (The Army Painter) War Paint US Armor SP03 (used as base)
Vallejo Paints
887 Brown Violet
988 Khaki (Tank Commander)
955 Flat Flesh (Tank Commander)
886 Green Grey (Tank Commander)
DecoArt "Crafter's Acrylic" Black
Valspar Clear Satin

Some tools:
Microscale Industries MicroSol decal softener
Gale Force Nine superglue
The Army Painter Hobby Brush Starter Set
The Army Painter Plastic Assembly Set
and some files I bought from Harbor Freight

Edit: Apparently, this also qualifies for Double the Fun!; Detektuv's Jurnal and Parts List

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 23, 2013

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Oh man, my last 2 days off have been eaten up with trad games stuff!

I have to finish my Oath on Friday because I'm not going to be in my own house and I'm not going to attempt to take a model with me because I know it'll just get broken.

Hope I get tmie on Friday so I don't break my first ever Oath :ohdear:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Backstory
Sixteen humans were obliterated in an instant. The Imperial Guardsmen of the 481st division were seeking refuge from the hail of purple fire from the sky in a rocky outcropping when they were struck dead by a screaming skull composed of brass and fire. The skull blazed through the skies and exploded just a few meters above the cowering soldiers, incinerating every member of the unit and leaving behind only charred bones and scraps of carapace armor.

The Bloodletters manning a Skull Cannon of Khorne, hunters of the hidden and cowardly, drove their cannon forward from its position into a gulley to continue to search for prey. The riders roared with delight at the deaths of their enemies.

"Ueheehee!" Ypraxl the Pink Horror of Tzeentch stood at the top of the hill, flanked by its lessers, pointing down upon a dread machine of the god Khorne and its riders. The horror's three fanged mouths barked a shrill laugh in three different octaves. "Look upon these fools! Monsters of martial might and yet they know not the bloody combat they so advocate!"

Meym and Fardeth looked on at the mocking Horrors but could only stand upon their beloved Skull Cannon, its engines roaring with anger and frustration. They knew that these insults were true. The Skull Cannon was their sacred charge of their god and they could not leave it for a moment or suffer the wrath of their creator. Yet still their blood boiled at the thought that their rage must be constrained--left to sit and throw fiery death from a distance. There was far less honor in that than the close combat they knew they were destined for. Their living blades thrummed with excited energy at the mere thought of seeing battle.

---

The battle over, Meym and Fardeth stood before the great skull throne of Khorne. The great god sat before them, already upset that its time must be consumed by such trivialities.

**SPEAK!** Khorne's voice roared loudly, echoing through the mountains of bodies and bone surrounding his throne room.
"We desire to seek combat with our own blades, like the others!" Meym shouted. His shout was but a whisper compared to its master.
"Yes, yes!" Fardeth joined. "If we cannot leave the cannon to address those who must be slain we are not performing at our peak for you!"
**YOU DARE QUESTION WHAT I ASK OF YOU?!** Khorne rose from his throne and stalked forward toward his minions. **NOT SINCE SKARBRAND HAVE I ENDURED SUCH INSOLENCE!**

Khorne plucked the two Bloodletters from the cracked marble floor and held them both in his palm. **IF YOUR PHYSICAL BODIES AND DESIRES ARE SUCH A DESTRACTION TO YOUR POSITION, I WILL RELIEVE YOU OF THEM.** The Blood God strode over to the Skull Cannon Meym and Fardeth left at the entrance of his chamber and threw his hand above the machine. In a flash of speed, Khornes fingers closed around the two unlucky daemons and closed entirely. A shout of despair and pain escaped Khornes fingers before the two daemons were utterly crushed. Blood began to dribble through Khornes fist and onto the machine below.

**I COMMEND YOU TO EXIST FOR A SOLE PURPOSE, BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THE DESIRE THAT BROUGHT YOU TO THIS STATE. MAY YOUR HATRED DRIVE YOU TO FUTURE GLORY!**

---

Many years later, a war raged on the planet of Ghurant. On the surface daemons spilled forth from the warp to meet those that mistakenly summoned them with whispered words. The clouds poured acid rains and the rivers of the world ran with black blood.
Near the ancient city of Pyria, Ypraxl and a horde of Horrors stood near the walls of a sealed temple. From afar, the daemon spotted a roaming unmanned Skull Cannon, propelling itself into battle and spewing death at all it beheld. Ypraxl immediately recognized the machine, its hull rippling with the spirits of those that were bound inside.

"Eeheehee, we meet again!" The Pink Horror screamed. "How nice of you to join us in combat, good Bloodletters! But, where are your swords? Where are your bodies, even! Are you hiding?!" The gathering of daemons all began laughing in unison at the machine.
The maddened essences of Meym and Fardeth no longer knew rational thought. The years of being bound into singular service had left them mindless but for a sense of rage. Still, the mocking of the Pink Horrors seemed to cut into their psyche and as their spirits quarreled inside the machines structure they determined that they must have vengeance. They fired at their "allies" in battle.

"Ooop!" Ypraxl let out a shout and disappeared in a cloud of multicolored fire as the screaming skull struck the remaining Horrors. The skull easily cleared through the frail frames of the daemons and stuck the side of the ancient temple, knocking out a block of the wall and breaking an seal against magical energies.

The insane Skull Cannon found another target and trundled onward, certain its hated enemy was destroyed.
Ypraxl reappeared, letting its illusory magics drop away. "Thank you for your assistance." It whispered with a toothy grin as it made its way into the chamber to secure the artifact of Pyria for itself. Surely this would please Tzeentch in such a way as to elevate its station.

Detektuv's Jurnal - Take at least 3 Work In Progress pictures

Parts List
Citadel Paints:
Abaddon Black
Balor Brown
Blood Red
Burnished Gold
Caledor Sky
Emperor's Children
Leadbelcher
Screaming Skull
Skull White (I've used the same pot since 2001--it will never run out)
Sunburst Yellow
Wazdakka Red

Amsterdam Paints:
Permanent Green Light

Gloss:
Mod Podge Gloss-Lustre

Basing Material:
Gale Force 9 Fine Basing Grit
Mulch that I randomly took from the sidewalk while out on a walk

Edit: I guess that's Double the Fun then too. :)

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 22, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

I forgot to claim Double the fun in the post linked above. I'd love it if a judge could fix that for me! I have edited the relevant information into the bottom of that post. Thank you!

Grey Hunter posted:

I to shall edit in a Double the fun

Chance II posted:

Well I guess I'll go back and edit a Double the fun! into my Oath Complete post.

OK, I got all three of you guys.

I think at the end of the month, as a one-time thing, I'll probably go through and credit everyone who qualified with a double the fun bonus. It's easy to do this time because I know that all the one-time bonuses that someone has points for, must have been earned in May; starting next month, though, it'd be much more tedious to figure that out on my own, so I'll rely on posters to inform me clearly when they've gotten a double the fun. Especially if you get it by doing two Detektuv's Jurnals, or by doing one Jurnal and one one-time bonus.

PierreTheMime posted:

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Edit: I guess that's Double the Fun then too. :)

I got you too. You did miss a point due to not having your username in your oath complete photo, though!

YF19pilot posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Otherwise, would like some clarification if this qualifies for the Bi-Monthly group contest. If not, that's okay, I'll be in next month.

I am assuming that for this game, tanks normally aren't based, and therefore have given you the free point for basing since it'd be inappropriate, per the rules. Someone let me know if I got this wrong.

Also, I'm thinking due to the questions about model sizing that we may need to revise the rules for the themed group contest. The number of models needed in a group probably should be based on the models' size, rather than scale. That said, based on the current rules-as-written, your group does not qualify because at the 15mm scale you must have a minimum of 8 models.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 22, 2013

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Leperflesh posted:

I got you too. You did miss a point due to not having your username in your oath complete photo, though!

Hurm. Can I retake the photo?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sure. Just post to let me know that you've updated your oath complete post, so I don't miss it.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

YF19pilot posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Otherwise, would like some clarification if this qualifies for the Bi-Monthly group contest. If not, that's okay, I'll be in next month.

If they are 28mm long then you're good, as they're big enough that you can qualify with 5.

If they're smaller then you'll need 8.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Leperflesh posted:

Sure. Just post to let me know that you've updated your oath complete post, so I don't miss it.

Updated with name. Thanks for the heads up. I totally forgot about putting my name in there.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Leperflesh posted:

I am assuming that for this game, tanks normally aren't based, and therefore have given you the free point for basing since it'd be inappropriate, per the rules. Someone let me know if I got this wrong.

Tanks and armored vehicles (half-tracks, bulldozers, SPGs) aren't based in FoW. Most other vehicles are typically "optional" unless the model comes pre-molded with one (jeeps, trucks, bren carriers).

Leperflesh posted:

Also, I'm thinking due to the questions about model sizing that we may need to revise the rules for the themed group contest. The number of models needed in a group probably should be based on the models' size, rather than scale. That said, based on the current rules-as-written, your group does not qualify because at the 15mm scale you must have a minimum of 8 models.

ineptmule posted:

If they are 28mm long then you're good, as they're big enough that you can qualify with 5.

If they're smaller then you'll need 8.

The hull is only 25mm, but longer than 28mm if you include the barrel. That seems kinda cheesy, so I'll assume I'm out with this one.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, add a Morat Hacker to my May oath! This model's made by Corvus Belli for Infinity. "Bonus style" addition

Ac~cepted.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I'm making an Alternate Universe additional oath with some 12-year-old Woodland Scenics trees I've had laying around:

These are meant to be used with my 28mm scale figures - I'm slowly building up a bunch of homemade dungeon tiles. Also, the base is multi-colored because it's raw sand, bark, and wood. It won't be staying that color.

ManiacMatt
Feb 28, 2007

This is not the pleasure planet I was promised!
Who do I get in touch with do donate some models to this thread as prizes. I have some War of the Ring miniatures I never opened I'm willing to put in for this.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ManiacMatt posted:

Who do I get in touch with do donate some models to this thread as prizes. I have some War of the Ring miniatures I never opened I'm willing to put in for this.

Sorry about that, I've got your PM but forgot to reply to it! I think there's another that I've missed as well...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm making an Alternate Universe additional oath with some 12-year-old Woodland Scenics trees I've had laying around:

These are meant to be used with my 28mm scale figures - I'm slowly building up a bunch of homemade dungeon tiles. Also, the base is multi-colored because it's raw sand, bark, and wood. It won't be staying that color.

Is this terrain? Or are you making bases that you'll later add miniatures to?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 5 Elf Linewomen from Shadow Forge Miniatures.:siren:

I'm making an oath addition, :siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 Ariadna Sniper from Corvus Beli (Infinity).:siren:

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

Is this terrain? Or are you making bases that you'll later add miniatures to?

It's just terrain, with the side benefit of letting me experiment some more with fake water. I might do this sort of thing as a base in the future, but not now.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
:11tea: I, the Supreme Court, oath one swirly ghost thing from Reaper Bones :11tea:

Hope I've done this right. It's quite hard to see as it's white! Will happily grab another photo if you need.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

The Supreme Court posted:

I, the Supreme Court, oath one swirly ghost thing from Reaper Bones
Aaaaand it's started.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Painting Oath Thread, Season 4: BONES EVERYWHERE

I missed the kickstarter, stupid house move eating up all spare cash. I'm in on Deadzone though, so I should have some of that to paint up in the new year.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm eagerly waiting my Bones Kickstarter stuff (over 200 models, plus huge dragons and Cthulu? yes please) but I'm also expecting my Ouya to turn up any day now (international backer for both, and both promised before the end of May), so who knows what I'll have time for...

Speaking of time...

:siren: DEADLINE CHAT :siren:

This is another reminder that the deadline for new oaths is exactly 1 week before the deadline to post your completed oaths, which means that the cut-off time to post new oaths is this Friday at midnight GMT!

To make this super-easy:

New Oath Cutoff Time - this Friday!
US Pacific time: 5 PM
US Mountain time: 6 PM
US Central time: 7 PM
US Easter time: 8 PM
UK time: 1 AM (Saturday morning)
Central EU time: 2 AM (Saturday morning)

These are just the times to cover 90% of SA posters, don't be offended if your time zone is not included. And if you are offended, well screw you! If you don't know what time 0:00 GMT is in your time zone, use this link for all your time-telling needs!

There's no way I'm going to be awake at 1 AM local time so I'll post something a couple of hours before and we'll use the forum server timestamps to figure out who posted their oaths a minute too late.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 23, 2013

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I picked up that model as an experiment a couple of years ago, just testing it out now! I didn't go in for the kickstarter :(

:11tea: Oath Complete :11tea:

speedy!

the paints I used:

Close up:

Hope my oath gets accepted! Sorry for jumping the gun, very little time right now!

Edit: here's my later post with the WIP shots too:

The Supreme Court posted:

I actually took WIP shots for the jurnal and forgot to upload them along with my completed oath. Here they are!

Aka: "oh balls the primer cap broke", "I just blue myself" and "green green greeen"

And a couple more of the completed beastie:

The blending and shading doesn't show up nearly as well in the finished photos, I should really build a lightbox!

:siren: That should hopefully add Detektiv's Jurnal and Double the fun to my stuff. :siren:

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 1, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That took far too long (kidding!)

I'm sure Sole.Sushi will be fine with accepting the oath, but you'll get more hassle from people wondering how you use use up those old and precious Citadel paints!

Did you not want to do the Detektuv's Jurnal (3 WIP pictures) to get more points?

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Especially if you get it by doing two Detektuv's Jurnals, or by doing one Jurnal and one one-time bonus.

For some reason I assumed it had to be two Detektuv's Jurnals OR two One Time Bonuses. Well you know what happens when you assume! I guess this means that since I completed Parts List and Suiting Up, I get Double The Fun too! (I know you said you'd check completed oaths but I'll go back and edit mine to include it)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I've rewritten the Double The Fun bonus to make it clear that it's 2 Detektuv's Jurnals, 2 One-Time Bonuses or 1 of each to qualify for the Double The Fun bonus :)

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

krushgroove posted:

I've rewritten the Double The Fun bonus to make it clear that it's 2 Detektuv's Jurnals, 2 One-Time Bonuses or 1 of each to qualify for the Double The Fun bonus :)

In that case I need to edit my submission for Double The Fun!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yes please do! but if anyone else reading this does edit their oath complete post please make a new post to say what you've had to edit in. It's a new thread with a lot of changes so we all have some catching up to do. I think after the first month the questions will be sorted out and the OP updated to answer whatever has come up, so I hope nobody minds. There haven't been any major changes, just clarifications and tweaks.

There's one bonus thing left I want to talk to Leperflesh about in regards to scoring but we'll do that privately and I'll announce that (it doesn't affect anything that anyone has posted yet but I want to clear it up before someone does do it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The deadline is next week, right? Or since next week isn't a full week has the deadline already passed?

• Locked thread