Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

justcola posted:

I never understood how having a large television was a bad thing. They're more energy efficient than the CRT ones, and were either bought at a shop and put money back into the economy or bought/given off somebody who didn't need it as they themselves had upgraded to a new set.

Or were hire purchased for a bargain rate of £19.50 per week!!!

Over 10 years. Terms and conditions apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Funny how the morally outraged people never loving do anything like charity work or stopping voting Tory though. God forbid they make an effort to change the world we live in.

God when will this terrible telly drought end? when!?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Only Connect's back on :shobon:

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
Channel 4's ad for its Mating Season has a tortoise shoving its head through a glory hole.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Padje posted:

Channel 4's ad for its Mating Season has a tortoise shoving its head through a glory hole.

Another apt description of Channel 4 in general really.

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

A drugged up tortoise shoving its head through a glory hole and a farting dog.

Channel 4, ladies and gentlemen. :stare:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Makes it all that much sweeter when you realize "turtle head" is a euphemism for needing a poo poo so badly it's almost out.

A desperate poo poo through a glory hole. Channel 4, ladies and gentlemen.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

sex pervert posted:

A drugged up tortoise shoving its head through a glory hole and a farting dog.

Channel 4, ladies and gentlemen. :stare:

Come on, Boy with a Shed for a Brain I believe in you.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

onoflalks posted:

Radio 2 is way better than Radio 1 anyway
Which is an irrelevant fact as everyone should be tuned in to 6Music.

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

6music lacks Britain's flagship film show, so it's not nearly as good as 5 live.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Mr. Squishy posted:

Only Connect's back on :shobon:

I think my favourite bit of Only Connect is the whole 'filmed in an underground bunker at 4 AM' vibe.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

XMNN posted:

I think my favourite bit of Only Connect is the whole 'filmed in an underground bunker at 4 AM' vibe.

Please remain indoors.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Flatscan posted:

Please remain indoors.

TWaWL's "post-apocalyptic gameshow" is still my favourite sketch comedy concept ever.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

6music lacks Britain's flagship film show, so it's not nearly as good as 5 live.

my current radio listening goes thusly: Radio 2 in the morning and in the car to and from work. Radio 1 from 6pm to 7pm because I quite enjoy Greg James, with longer listens after 7 on the weekends, and Five Live every evening and most weekends. I'm looking to finally get a TV and Virgin Media (probably) in the next month or so so I can dial back my radio listening and actually watch some TV!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I listen to Radio 4 till it annoys me then switch to Radio 3 till it annoys me when I switch back. Sometimes I switch it off and forget to turn it back on. Sometimes I turn on 3 podcasts at once and pretend I'm Superman.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Go on demand, find Radio 4 Extra on the iPlayer, listen to The Goon Show and ISIRTA on a constant loop. Proper job.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Radio 4 is all anyone needs. They are doing a really awesome season of programmes on the science of music at the moment. Its honestly one of the best things I've ever tuned into. God I love Radio 4.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
wait there are stations other than Radio4?

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

4 and 7 (none of this newfangled 'extra' rubbish) are the only ones you need.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Radio 6 in the mornings, 5 in the afternoon, 1 on Friday evening/Sat morning.
Radio 4 whenever there is something good on.

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

"You're listening to Radio 4. And now, The Book at Bedtime. Tonight, Watership Down. Voiced, by Brian Blessed."

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Interesting for TV Nerds like myself:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/21/geeks_guide_bt_tower/

The amount of stuff going through BT Tower at any one time is properly mad.

Also, if the broadcaster and BT don't change their clocks at the same time come summertime/BST, fun stuff like this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xKZnkmTJk

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

"Dogger, Rockall, Malin, Irish Sea:
Green, swift upsurges, North Atlantic flux"

One of the worlds' purest and most perfect pleasures is to lie cosy in your bed at night and listen to the wind howling as the Radio 4 presenter reads the Shipping Forecast at 0048 hours.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Pablo Bluth posted:

I only listen to the radio in the car, so Radio 2 wins for me, but my girlfriend likes Real Radio, but more often than not I'll listen to podcasts in the car because most of the radio's full of shite.

thehustler posted:

Also, if the broadcaster and BT don't change their clocks at the same time come summertime/BST, fun stuff like this happens:

Please give us a Lovejoy warning for this, it's not fair not knowing there's a massive wanker in that video. Top quality music though.

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 22, 2013

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Jonnty posted:

4 and 7 (none of this newfangled 'extra' rubbish) are the only ones you need.

It hasn't been Radio 7 for ages, it got renamed 4Extra yonks ago.

And it's excrutiatingly poo poo in the daytime.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

onoflalks posted:

Please give us a Lovejoy warning for this, it's not fair not knowing there's a massive wanker in that video. Top quality music though.

Here, I'll make it all better for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=003rMYfKjRA

This could be the high point of Lovejoy's career, so let's see it again.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Trin Tragula posted:

Here, I'll make it all better for you.

This could be the high point of Lovejoy's career, so let's see it again.

Trin, this is not the first time I have posted something and your response has been Lovejoy being donked in the clackers, and I'm sure it won't be the last, and it's great :allears:

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Whenever anyone mentions that loving cock I immediately think of the When Saturday Comes review of his book and I hope he cries every time he reads it.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~
I've been sticking with 10 O'clock Live because I felt that it at least had potential, and I have to say that it has definitely gotten better. The most recent episode got a lot of big laughs from me throughout instead of the uncomfortable pity-laughing I experienced with some previous episodes. The gay marriage debate portion was actually somewhat interesting in that it had the gimmick of only involving actual gays (one of which was a self-hating gay "UKIP-y" Tory), and they even squeezed in some coverage of the Xbox One (although not on the level of a Wipe show).

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Thanks for the Lovejoy video. That's brilliant.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

SpaceGodzilla posted:

I've been sticking with 10 O'clock Live because I felt that it at least had potential, and I have to say that it has definitely gotten better. The most recent episode got a lot of big laughs from me throughout instead of the uncomfortable pity-laughing I experienced with some previous episodes. The gay marriage debate portion was actually somewhat interesting in that it had the gimmick of only involving actual gays (one of which was a self-hating gay "UKIP-y" Tory), and they even squeezed in some coverage of the Xbox One (although not on the level of a Wipe show).

Did they manage to get anything in about the awful news coverage of the Woolwich murder?

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

Junkenstein posted:

Did they manage to get anything in about the awful news coverage of the Woolwich murder?

No, they acknowledged the story at the beginning and said they wouldn't be talking about it yet (presumably since all the written parts were already written).

Also a light exploded at some point during the show, so there's that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

If your writers can't come up with at least 15 killer jokes about a terrorist incident within 2 hours of it happening, what's the point of being live.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I hope Charlie has something to say about the video the BBC showed of the murderer, bloody knives still in hand, ranting to a passer-by who filmed it on their phone then sold it to The Sun, who then gave (or sold) it to the BBC, who then broadcast it to the nation.
Because that is hosed up.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

DaWolfey posted:

I hope Charlie has something to say about the video the BBC showed of the murderer, bloody knives still in hand, ranting to a passer-by who filmed it on their phone then sold it to The Sun, who then gave (or sold) it to the BBC, who then broadcast it to the nation.

Yeah, I can't help but feel that those murdering arseholes have rather been given what they wanted here. I would link that old Newswipe bit about now making this depressing, horrible poo poo the headline news story but... what'd be the point.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Sion posted:

Yeah, I can't help but feel that those murdering arseholes have rather been given what they wanted here. I would link that old Newswipe bit about now making this depressing, horrible poo poo the headline news story but... what'd be the point.

Yeah, when they are getting people to film them, and that ends up on national TV, you have to think they got what they wanted.

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

I had to run down to the living room to turn the TV the gently caress off because it was producing the sound of a woman howling at the top of her lungs non-stop for what seemed like an eternity. Childbirth scene on Hollyoaks. Great teatime telly.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The success of Chris Moyles was lost on me and the mere presence of Nick Grimshaw is just a mystery altogether. When I get a lift in the morning it's always on (Thankfully it's a scant 15 minutes). He sounds like the guy they bring in to replace the real host when they're off ill.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

onoflalks posted:

Trin, this is not the first time I have posted something and your response has been Lovejoy being donked in the clackers, and I'm sure it won't be the last, and it's great :allears:

Same joke, too. When I get disgustingly rich, I will hire someone to follow that man around everywhere he goes, and any time he tries to do anything, my employee will hold up a monitor that keeps replaying that moment on a loop, over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

DaWolfey posted:

Umm for the sake of correctness that video was made public by ITV News not the BBC.