Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Maybe the movie's score is literally a part of the film and the band are all friends of the Lone Ranger and follow him around playing background music.

You mean like in another recent Johnny Depp western?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

Vagabundo posted:

3 new Man of Steel character posters.

Jor-El

Oh poo poo. Kal-El, your father's been drinking again. Go stay the night at the neighbor's place--hurry.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

Ez posted:

Yeah, there's too much going on, it should just be a drop of blood and a bunch of neckties on a folded paper background.
The moment might be gone, but here is my masterpiece.

If you don't understand the imagery, I will host a Q&A

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Son of Superman's Dad.

Goddamn this cracked me up way more than it should have. Awesome.

That Lone Ranger thing is a nightmare, but the thing I hate the most about it is Helena Bonham Carter. I don't think I've ever liked her in anything, and she's so ridiculously typecast it just makes me cringe anytime she shows up in something.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Shanty posted:

Obviously the suit itself isn't shiny at all, but Superman's ~telekinetic aura of invincibility~ is.

And he's using his super-hypnotism to suggest it looks like BSDM gear. I think it looks fine as non-goofy superhero wear is an oxymoron.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tewratomeh posted:

The trailer, with that music, makes me want to see it all that much more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONz6R4LF5nY

It's refreshing to see a total throwback to 70's era, working class "cool" that isn't a Tarantino wankfest. And this is coming from somebody who's loved every Tarantino movie he's ever seen.

Honestly, it still weirds me out every time I see a movie that inhabits an era like the 70s and goes for a realist vibe and yet is so obviously shot on digital.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex

Lance Streetman posted:

Why in the gently caress is Superman's suit so loving shiny?

No seriously, why does it look like he's wearing BSDM gear and why is his hair so goddamn blurry?

Someone mentioned in an interview, I think it was Michael Shannon, that the suit was meant to look metallic, like skin-tight armour. A literal "man of steel".

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Honestly, it still weirds me out every time I see a movie that inhabits an era like the 70s and goes for a realist vibe and yet is so obviously shot on digital.

The 70's didn't actually have film grain on them, so it's actually more realistic to shoot on digital.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo, the new Mondo posters for THE THING, WHITE ZOMBIE and SON OF FRANKENSTEIN are awesome. Going to gun for the White Zombie one!

http://e2.ma/webview/p3xwe/7cc009b4d29722f85ea9f8187bd167c2

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Goddamn this cracked me up way more than it should have. Awesome.

That Lone Ranger thing is a nightmare, but the thing I hate the most about it is Helena Bonham Carter. I don't think I've ever liked her in anything, and she's so ridiculously typecast it just makes me cringe anytime she shows up in something.

I'm not her biggest fan, but she was drat good in Fight Club.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Chichevache posted:

I'm not her biggest fan, but she was drat good in Fight Club.

I liked her character in Terminator Salvation as well but... not much else. Marrying Tim Burton made her lazy it seems. Complimenting her for Fight Club is like complimenting Kate Hudson for Almost Famous. They haven't done anything on the same level since (unless I'm missing a movie)

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Barf Wight posted:

The moment might be gone, but here is my masterpiece.

If you don't understand the imagery, I will host a Q&A

This is amazing and so are you.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Vintersorg posted:

Holy poo poo, the new Mondo posters for THE THING, WHITE ZOMBIE and SON OF FRANKENSTEIN are awesome. Going to gun for the White Zombie one!

I really like this. I want it. I won't be able to get it.

The others kinda suck though.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 22, 2013

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vintersorg posted:

Holy poo poo, the new Mondo posters for THE THING, WHITE ZOMBIE and SON OF FRANKENSTEIN are awesome.

Is this like the 80s, when "bad" meant "good"?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Thing poster there looks like it should be for the 2011 one, rather than the John Carpenter one.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

One of the few instances I can see the Mondo Mottling working for a change.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Vintersorg posted:

http://e2.ma/webview/p3xwe/7cc009b4d29722f85ea9f8187bd167c2

The only positive thing I can say about these posters is that the artwork is competent. For the most part they just look like 95% of every single poster Mondo has ever released.

I like The Thing's poster though. It at least looks like something the Drafthouse would hang up to promote a movie night.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

These actually were used to promote a horror movie night. :)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I liked her character in Terminator Salvation as well but... not much else. Marrying Tim Burton made her lazy it seems. Complimenting her for Fight Club is like complimenting Kate Hudson for Almost Famous. They haven't done anything on the same level since (unless I'm missing a movie)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hype her up as an actress. I just feel like there is at least one role of hers worth mentioning.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hype her up as an actress. I just feel like there is at least one role of hers worth mentioning.

She's drat good in 'A Room With a View'.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress me, this one owns. I don't really give a poo poo about the others, but this looks appropriately vicious.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Even IMDB agrees!

She wasn't bad in Novocaine, though.

And I'm kind of loving that White Zombie poster.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Yes, you are missing a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1504320/

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Harking back to the Lone Ranger poster a few pages back but I can't stop staring at it. Every time I look away and then look back at it I see something new. There is so many crazy things going on that it is hard for the brain to process all at once.

Also, the White Zombie poster owns.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Mr. Flunchy posted:

She's drat good in 'A Room With a View'.

And also Wings of the Dove and pretty much any movie that isn't by Burton (In which no-one really shines). I find the idea that Fight Club was the pinnacle for her bizarre... and Terminator Salvation? She hardly did anything. She's done plenty of more noteworthy roles.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

You mean like in another recent Johnny Depp western?

Same director as well.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

I made sure to avoid that so you may be correct.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

John Carpenter's Parasyte.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I like this one, but nothing beats this crazy poster:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

My favorite aspect of that Mondo The Thing poster is that the subject looks to be MacReady (bearded, in parka, performing the blood test), which really sells the whole "it could be any one of us" paranoia of the film.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Armie Hammer has the most punchable face I have ever seen. It's like he was made in a laboratory trying to create the perfect prep douchebag. I do not want to see him be a hero. I want to see him in pain. Or in a Revenge of the Nerds remake.

gently caress you, he's beautiful.

Aphrodite posted:

He gets his powers from sunlight. Shiny suit gives an extra opportunity to absorb the light that he doesn't get in the first pass.

That's not right. A shiny suit would bounce the sunlight off of it.

Madkal posted:

Harking back to the Lone Ranger poster a few pages back but I can't stop staring at it. Every time I look away and then look back at it I see something new. There is so many crazy things going on that it is hard for the brain to process all at once.

Also, the White Zombie poster owns.

It kind of looks like they attempted to photoshop the poster into a real world Where's Waldo picture. It has 800 different whacky things going on and every time you look through it you notice a new thing. In fact if the movie was more along the lines of non stop weird poo poo all happening at once in every scene that would make me go see it. They hosed up by not making the movie exactly like this godawful monstrosity of a poster.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I'm sorry, are you a Kryptonian scientist?

(Or midwest farmer's wife, depending on the origin story.)

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I made sure to avoid that so you may be correct.

Way to take a weird and pointless stand, brave warrior.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

CPL593H posted:

Which is why Superman's solar suit is this ugly black thing:

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Man somebody went crazy with the Grunge button on this one.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

James Wan sure loves dummies.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Snagged that White Zombie. :toot: As expected tho, the Thing sold out in less then a minute. But hey, go pay $125+ for it now. :3:

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Mister Chief posted:

James Wan sure loves dummies.

They make up the bulk of his audience, so it makes sense.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Well this is certainly terrible

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I just saw a movie I enjoyed greatly, maybe you can guess what it is.

don't worry, it's fake

Edit: VVVVV Well I'll be

BiggestOrangeTree fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Three-hole punch Jim