Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Deadline to post completed oaths is the last calendar day of the month, and the deadline to post new oaths is a week before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
For the Diorama, does it need to be oathed, or just pics pre and post painting are fine (maybe a few WIPS)?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hmmm, I'm going to say it should be...well, not oathed, but announced. I guess you could call it oathing, because what I'm thinking is that you should post some pictures before you start painting (maybe even some pictures of it partially assembled if you want), just to prove that you haven't started it before the start of this oath thread, and then post the finished pictures before the end of the thread. This should be the same for the Diorama, Display Board and Get Based Out bonuses really.

Does that sound fair?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

Does that sound fair?

This was actually another question I was going to ask, sounds perfectly reasonable to me :v: diorama-a-go-go! :D

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Good - I want to see some SWEET dioramas this year (Bachtere's winning example last time nearly brought sweet sweet tears to my eyes - and he's one of the judges!!). Don't forget we have a display board category as well as a based category - all three of these will be judged at the end of the season and the winning entrant will get $25, courtesy of one of our many ultra-generous goon donors!

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
perfect, just wanted to make sure I didn't need to finish it in one month, heh.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Here are my guardians, painted in a slightly off Altansar craftworld colors for my roomate's army.

WiP Shots:

Mixed Red and Black in a 4:1 ratio for the Scab-Red color of their armor. Couldn't quite find a dark red I was happy with, either looked too red or too brown.
Painted the helmets German Grey, that's all in this step.

Guns painted black and highlighted medium sea grey, faces and eye lens' done. Magazines, grenades, and cables painted in Gunmetal Grey.

Finished inking, highlighting, painting waystones blue, etc.

Here they are with their (previously painted) warlocks exploring some derelict Space Hulk!

Total Parts List:
Vallejo Model Color 70963 Medium Blue
Vallejo Model Color 70870 Medium Sea Grey
Vallejo Model Color 70926 Red
Vallejo Model Color 70863 Gunmetal Grey
Vallejo Model Color 70995 German Grey
Vallejo Model Color 70950 Black
Vallejo Model Color 70951 White

Testors liquid cement for plastic models
Aleene's Tacky Glue
Krylon Fuzion Black spray paint/primer

Various taklon and sable brushes.

For scoring claiming:
The Detektuv’s Jurnal
Awwww! a BABY!
Parts list
Double the fun!

And that's it for now. Thanks for getting me off my as to do this! ... And drat ya'll paint pretty. I'm going to have to step up my game and give some TLC to some single miniatures of my own.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr.Booger posted:

perfect, just wanted to make sure I didn't need to finish it in one month, heh.

woops! I wrote a thing here but it's wrong. For dioramas and display boards, you qualify for a special prize but you don't get judged, so I don't think you need to finish it in one month.

krushgroove and I are discussing the points details for Get Based Out offline. Nobody should be affected yet since nobody's entered a GBO entry I don't think.

Brock Samsonite posted:

Here are my guardians, painted in a slightly off Altansar craftworld colors for my roomate's army.

For future reference, please post in bold "oath complete" or something along those lines when you finish an oath. Also, it's ideal if you lead with your official Oath Complete photo, which in this case I believe is this one:

quote:

Finished inking, highlighting, painting waystones blue, etc.

Don't worry though, I've credited you for your points.

By the way, Pash is currently in the lead with a massive 16 points! Six points from one-time bonuses plus a full 10 for completing his oath has put Pash out front.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 23, 2013

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Iris of Ether posted:

making an Alternate Universe additional oath with some 12-year-old Woodland Scenics trees I've had laying around

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'm making an oath addition, I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 Ariadna Sniper from Corvus Beli (Infinity).

Accepted.

The Supreme Court posted:

I, the Supreme Court, oath one swirly ghost thing from Reaper Bones

Absolutely not: strip it and start over! :v: (Accepted)

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Another WIP shot. I got a little more work done on their fearless leader.

And a group shot. None of the nice colors come out on the cell pics but hopefully it will look as good as it does in person when I do the complete pictures on a real camera. As it stands now I mostly paint at work and have no access to a camera.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'll also claim Double the Fun and get it out of the way.

(Editing it into my oath completed right after.)

E: Just to be sure, I can make an Alternative Universe Oath at anytime, yes?

moths fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 24, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

krushgroove posted:

I'm eagerly waiting my Bones Kickstarter stuff (over 200 models, plus huge dragons and Cthulu? yes please) but I'm also expecting my Ouya to turn up any day now (international backer for both, and both promised before the end of May), so who knows what I'll have time for...

Speaking of time...

:siren: DEADLINE CHAT :siren:

This is another reminder that the deadline for new oaths is exactly 1 week before the deadline to post your completed oaths, which means that the cut-off time to post new oaths is this Friday at midnight GMT!

To make this super-easy:

New Oath Cutoff Time - this Friday!
US Pacific time: 5 PM
US Mountain time: 6 PM
US Central time: 7 PM
US Easter time: 8 PM
UK time: 1 AM (Saturday morning)
Central EU time: 2 AM (Saturday morning)

These are just the times to cover 90% of SA posters, don't be offended if your time zone is not included. And if you are offended, well screw you! If you don't know what time 0:00 GMT is in your time zone, use this link for all your time-telling needs!

There's no way I'm going to be awake at 1 AM local time so I'll post something a couple of hours before and we'll use the forum server timestamps to figure out who posted their oaths a minute too late.

8AM Saturday, Perth time.
10AM Saturday, Australian Eastern Time.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: One more oath for May! I add an Archangel to my oath :siren:
This is a Privateer Press model.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Finished my oath today, time to get rid of this shameful avatar! :dance:

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
Oath Complete!

Its my first oath so I get Awwww, a BABY! and since its a group it might count for the Theme Group bi-monthly? The group theme being singing about Menoth :catholic:

Edit: Part's List
All paints used were Citadel paints. The purple robes were based with Naggaroth Night, then Daemonette Hide everywhere apart from the recesses and then folds were highlighted with Slaanesh Grey. The tunics were Deneb Stone from the old citadel range, washed with Devlan Mud and highlighted with Bleached Bone. The sashes were Mechrite Red, washed with Devlan Mud and highlighted with Mechrite Red mixed with Skull White. The base is just sand based with old Calthan Brown, washed with Devlan Mud and then drybrushed with Deneb Stone. Washes are awesome :) I generally try to pick 3-4 colours max and apply them to as many parts of the model as I can get away with.

Kore_Fero fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 25, 2013

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I OATH 4 GW Ravenwing Bikers for May

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Quick question:

This is a painting "thing". Do I need to apply my decals on my plane? I'm waiting on the last touch-ups drying, then I should be good to post it, but I haven't done the decals yet.

I'd just hold and do them next week, but as I mentioned in my last post, I'm not going to be home next week.

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
I, Derlix, Oath to paint the following models for May: Corvus Belli/Infinity 28mm Oniwaban, nine 6mm Necron from Exodus Wars, and one converted 6mm Necron Obelisk.

The Necron form a themed group, I also qualify for Aww, it's a baby.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Zhent posted:

Oath Complete Post

Leperflesh - I have my Parts List in my complete post, but it is not indicated on the spreadsheet, unless I missed something require for that point. I believe the combination of Parts List and Detektuv's Jurnal also gets me the double bonus, which I did not list - should I edit that in?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

mehall posted:

Quick question:

This is a painting "thing". Do I need to apply my decals on my plane? I'm waiting on the last touch-ups drying, then I should be good to post it, but I haven't done the decals yet.

I'd just hold and do them next week, but as I mentioned in my last post, I'm not going to be home next week.

In the barest, most basic terms, 'painted' can mean 'any color other than primer', so by strict terms you can just put a dot of paint and call your model completed - you can always add stuff after you've said it's completed, but the judges will only look at your completed pictures. So if you're concerned about getting points, finish it as much as you can.

Just so you know, tonight's deadline is only for making oaths or additions (but not Alternate Universe oaths).

Speaking of which...

:siren: DEADLINE COMING UP!! :siren:

We're about an hour away from the deadline for new oaths! This is exactly 1 week before the deadline to post your completed oaths, which means that the cut-off time to post new oaths is this Friday at midnight GMT!

To make this super-easy:

New Oath Cutoff Time - this Friday!
US Pacific time: 5 PM
US Mountain time: 6 PM
US Central time: 7 PM
US Easter time: 8 PM
UK time: 1 AM (Saturday morning)
Central EU time: 2 AM (Saturday morning)
Perth, upside-downland 8AM (Saturday morning)
Australian Eastern Time 10AM Saturday (Saturday morning)

If you don't know what time 0:00 GMT is in your time zone, use this link for all your time-telling needs!

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I'm not gonna win any points for painting quality anyway, I can assure you :P

Probably just post it tomorrow morning then.

UngorEatStefan
Oct 23, 2004
Street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm.
I, UngorEatStefan, oath that I will paint this Red Box Games Dwarf Miniature and this Dark Sword Miniature Ranger Lady Miniature.

Awww, it's a baby!

did I do this right :ohdear:

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

:ohdear:

Am I too late to make an oath for june? Did I mess up?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Quantumfate posted:

:ohdear:

Am I too late to make an oath for june? Did I mess up?

You're too late for May. You're too early for June. :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kore_Fero posted:

Oath Complete!

Its my first oath so I get Awwww, a BABY! and since its a group it might count for the Theme Group bi-monthly? The group theme being singing about Menoth :catholic:

All paints used were Citadel paints. The purple robes were based with Naggaroth Night, then Daemonette Hide everywhere apart from the recesses and then folds were highlighted with Slaanesh Grey. The tunics were Deneb Stone from the old citadel range, washed with Devlan Mud and highlighted with Bleached Bone. The sashes were Mechrite Red, washed with Devlan Mud and highlighted with Mechrite Red mixed with Skull White. The base is just sand based with old Calthan Brown, washed with Devlan Mud and then drybrushed with Deneb Stone. Washes are awesome :) I generally try to pick 3-4 colours max and apply them to as many parts of the model as I can get away with.

Just wanted to mention that you appear to have included everything you need for parts list, which is a one-time bonus; on the other hand, you don't have at least three in-progress pics, so I have not credited you for May's Detektuv's Jurnal.

Big Willy Style posted:

You already made, and completed, an oath for May. By starting another oath, I must deduct your completed oath points. Please post a full completed oath post by the end of the month to recover those points.

Zhent posted:

Leperflesh - I have my Parts List in my complete post, but it is not indicated on the spreadsheet, unless I missed something require for that point. I believe the combination of Parts List and Detektuv's Jurnal also gets me the double bonus, which I did not list - should I edit that in?

Just an oversight on my part. Fixed you all up.

UngorEatStefan posted:

did I do this right :ohdear:

Yes :)

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

JoshTheStampede posted:

You're too late for May. You're too early for June. :)

Ah! Well! I like this thread, it's fun to poke through from time to time and look at this stuff, makes me want to contribute myself, I'll wait till june rolls by!

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

You already made, and completed, an oath for May. By starting another oath, I must deduct your completed oath points. Please post a full completed oath post by the end of the month to recover those points.

No worries dude because...

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

SPEED PAINTING

My original oath for the month.

The Theme for this month was Dark Angels!

Aaaand..

Detuktuv's Jurnul!

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 25, 2013

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Just wanted to mention that you appear to have included everything you need for parts list, which is a one-time bonus; on the other hand, you don't have at least three in-progress pics, so I have not credited you for May's Detektuv's Jurnal.

I'll edit my post to include the part list tag. I didn't remember to take progress shots unfortunately but i'm just happy to finally get paint on stuff :)

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

It was a cold, wet day, and I did not want to answer the door. My boyfriend was more polite however, and greeted the damp fedex man on our verandah.

"Is there a Simon Filley here?" asked the fedex man.

"No," replied my boyfriend.

And the fedex man left.

Soon after, the fedex man returned and asked, "Is there a Schmetterling here?"

"Yes," replied my boyfriend.

And the fedex man went and got a very large box from his truck.

I told my boyfriend and housemate that I thought it was probably going to be full of all the warhams. And it was.

Inside the very large box was a smiling tiger, who warned me that 'Green is great".

The tiger gave way to reveal ALL OF THE WARHAMS (and other cool miniatures too!)

SO MANY

My housemate's cat helped me organise the loot into a more presentable pile.

And now for a breakdown of what exactly was in this bag of treasures, sent to me by the wonderful Backno!

A box of goblin spider riders
Ragnarok Etat-major Selstm (It's in Spanish, but it looks like an Elvish command group with banner and flautist)
Les Fusiliers du Griffon (christian snipers)
Les Chevaliers Khor d'Uren (steam pigs! :3:)
Worg Lune Croissante (Wolf of the Crescent Moon! Or, Croissant Wolf)
S'Ygma Adepte Ophidien (A snake man with a little parasol! :3:)
Ragnarok Balistes du Lion (Siege weapons :black101:)

Alkemy Kingdom of Avalon Starter
Micro Art Studio Old Factory Base 50mm x2
Micro Art Studio Infested Bases 40mm

Skaven Warlord
Skaven Gutter Runners x2
High Elf Silver Helms Standard (from 1997!)
Necrarch Vampires
Bloodletter Musician and Standard
Skaven Grey Seer x2
Glade Rider Command (also from 1997!)
Bloodletter Champion
Chaos Marauder Horsemen
Chaos Centigor

Bombadier Nain/Dwarven Bombadier (two different sculpts, with two copies of each)
Biopsiste de Dirz x2
Dame Claudia Nessalith
Bhor-hok the Leader
Misan the Clairvoyant
Thermo-pretre sur Razorback (Steam pig! :3:)
Goblin Mutant
Gargoyle of Acheron (This guy will make a very pretty display)
Pillgrim the One-Eyed
Kael the Irascible x2 (The best name)
Vladar the Arrogant

Thank you very much Backno! I will have a lot of fun working my way through these.

Edit: And thank you to Bachtere who donated this awesome prize! Cool dudes working together to send me cool stuff. Here's hoping I win some more goodies this year!

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 10:45 on May 26, 2013

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Red Shoe posted:

One more oath for May! I add an Archangel to my oath This is a Privateer Press model.

Big Willy Style posted:

Derlix posted:

I, Derlix, Oath to paint the following models for May: Corvus Belli/Infinity 28mm Oniwaban, nine 6mm Necron from Exodus Wars, and one converted 6mm Necron Obelisk. themed group, Aww, it's a baby.

UngorEatStefan posted:

I, UngorEatStefan, oath that I will paint this Red Box Games Dwarf Miniature and this Dark Sword Miniature Ranger Lady Miniature. Awww, it's a baby!

Accepted.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
I think I need to do a shout-out about the prize I won in the last oath thread. Fresh Coast gave away a battle force/battalion of your choice, but discovered that the cost and hazzle of international shipping would pretty much ruin the prize aspect of the prize (something to think about people doing prizes for this thread). Instead I received cold, hard, digital, sweet sweet, paypal cash. Big thanks to Fyrbrand who handled it!

Buffalo squeeze fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 25, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Big Willy Style posted:

No worries dude because...

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

SPEED PAINTING

My original oath for the month.

Nicely done! However, could you please copy your Detektuv's Jurnal stuff into this post? Only because I want to only have a single Oath Complete link in the spreadsheets, and the monthly stuff is all tracked on the same one-month sheet. The one-time points have their own links columns so you don't need to copy over one-time points stuff. For maximum convenience, I'd love it if you go ahead and copy everything from your previous oath complete post into this one.

Also, would you like to apply your five guys to the themed group contest?

Also I've credited you for Double the Fun.

People who are doing conversions:
It might be easy to miss, but if you want to qualify for a special prize, you need to do this:

quote:

For you conversion fanatics, Manifest will be sponsoring a prize for the best conversion job each month! Here are his rules:
Be sure to include before-and-after photos so it’s obvious what your conversion was - work-in-progress photos would be even better

The following goons have posted some indication that they're doing a conversion:
TarDolphinorShark
Rahotep75
krushgroove (but he can't actually win)
Turtle Dad 420
Ashcans
Achmed Jones
Lord Hypnostache
Swags
Signal
Derlix

Of these, I've tracked down before & after conversion images for Achmed Jones. Krushgroove has completed his oath but didn't post before/afters, of course that doesn't matter because he can't win. And none of the rest of you have posted your oath complete posts yet, so I assume the photos will show up then. I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up because it's an opportunity to win a prize and with so few entrants, your odds are pretty good if you take the necessary photos!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 25, 2013

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Thought I'd post a quick WIP of my Alernate Universe oath. Pretty happy with how the green stuff detailing looks now I've got some paint on it!

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Nicely done! However, could you please copy your Detektuv's Jurnal stuff into this post? Only because I want to only have a single Oath Complete link in the spreadsheets, and the monthly stuff is all tracked on the same one-month sheet. The one-time points have their own links columns so you don't need to copy over one-time points stuff. For maximum convenience, I'd love it if you go ahead and copy everything from your previous oath complete post into this one.

Also, would you like to apply your five guys to the themed group contest?

Also I've credited you for Double the Fun.

I just edited my post to claim the theme group contest. I will go back and edit the detektuvs jurnal stuff in.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Excellent thanks! I've got you all fixed up.

edit: Signal PMed me to point out he also showed his conversion before/after pics in his Oath post, so he's covered too.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 25, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Whoops. Missed this month. I think i'll be less busy in june.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I also totally spaced on making an Oath. poo poo.

I was trying to figure out how I wanted to get these bonuses in order and then my weekend came and I just forgot.

poo poo.

Oh well, have fun this month everyone.

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
Oath Complete

Awwww! A Baby!
Double the fun!
Parts list
razor blade
testors spray enamel 1265 flat olive drab
Tamiya Color TS-68 Wooden deck Tan
testors 4414137(?) grimy black
model master insignia enamel
model master zinc green chromate enamel
testors enamel thinner

Detektuv’s Jurnal: Suiting Up

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Leperflesh posted:

*conversion stuff*

Welp, I think you can remove me from that list. The model was already converted when I made my oath, so I don't have any conversion WIP photos.

I'll be sure to take pictures while converting next time. I still have a Vendetta and it's not gonna build itself.

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

Detektuv’s Jurnal:

Base coat

Washed

Cleaned up

Parts List