Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Everything else in the chapter aside, Madara's rejected reaction shot has to be the funniest panel in the whole drat manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onii
Jan 12, 2005

cafel posted:

Yeah, I don't know why everyone is saying that the Sasuke thing is solved. Madara had the arc of being a friend then a fierce rival then was won back over to friend and finally lapsed back into a fierce rival. Just because Sasuke has been brought back in from the cold doesn't mean he won't poo poo things up in the future.
Yup, it's a repeat of the previous generation - two friends who want to be hokage and end all the bloodshed, but differ on ideology. Madara and Hashirama fought to the death, but with Naruto he'll probably resolve it differently.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
With everyone pulling power ups out of their asses, I'm looking forward for the glorious return of Dr. Snakes :allears:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

With everyone pulling power ups out of their asses, I'm looking forward for the glorious return of Dr. Snakes :allears:

I was half joking earlier but Sage mode Orochimaru could be a real thing. When Kabuto brought it up it was mentioned that Orochimaru couldn't do it because his body wasn't strong enough for it, presumably because you need an incredible chakra level before even attempting it, and since shortly after his introduction in the story he's either had his soul hands dead, or in a sub-par body emergency body. Now he has the First's own cells. :black101:

I know you were talking about Sasuke. But we all know whos the REAL Dr Snakes here :smug:

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
I have to admit I didn't mind Sasuke at all this chapter. He has been either boring or irritating for as long as I can remember, but this chapter reminded me of a time when I briefly enjoyed his character. He's entertaining to me when he's a smug dickhead that thinks he's better than everyone. In this chapter even though he's joined up with the good guys he's not nice to them at all. He's all "You guys hate me? Who gives a poo poo? You're a bunch of dorks. Also those 4 dead guys that just saved everyone are idiots. I'm going to do their job way better than any of them ever did." He's channeling Madara's trademark Uchiha dickishness.

He actually acts similar to this when he first appears in part 2, but then he quickly becomes whiny and painfully annoying.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I am so glad that Kishimoto is hurrying things up in completely ridiculous ways. The manga jumped the shark years ago, but if it goes all the way to crazy town then at least I know I will remember the ending fondly, instead of just being glad it is finally over.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Prison Warden posted:

I was half joking earlier but Sage mode Orochimaru could be a real thing. When Kabuto brought it up it was mentioned that Orochimaru couldn't do it because his body wasn't strong enough for it, presumably because you need an incredible chakra level before even attempting it, and since shortly after his introduction in the story he's either had his soul hands dead, or in a sub-par body emergency body. Now he has the First's own cells. :black101:

I know you were talking about Sasuke. But we all know whos the REAL Dr Snakes here :smug:

Plus Oro adsorbed Kabuto's chakra and modifications. So he knows how to do everything he did.

Also its currently looking like Orochimaru is going to get away with everything he did. Because he saved everyone's asses here.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Prison Warden posted:

As long as someone screams to Madara's face 'gently caress YOU, I'M A DRAGON!' We're golden :allears:

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.
This is so cheesy, I'm almost convinced they're already inside the infinite tsukuyomi.

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
When did Sakura learn that Naruto's father was the 4th? She didn't seem at all surprised by Naruto referring to him as "dad"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hinata will be the new main villain after being spurned by Naruto so many times.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Everyone knows it's meant to be Hinata + Naruto, but the thing is, has anyone ever actually considered what Naruto wants? He doesn't want Hinata, he never has. And yet everyone's like "you're a dick for not choosing Hinata." What?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Everyone knows love is an obligation :allears:

Unrelated though I bet Orochimaru made a beeline for Tsunade. I wonder if he'll save her and the other Kages? At a price of course.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

she's clearly in love with him plus it's a beggars can't be choosers mindset on the part of the reader. He came from nothing and no one and just wants to be recognised, and the first person to ever do that just gets sort of shoved aside and treated kind of badly. For a person that claims to care about his friends, he's actually horribly selfish and kind of a dick that just spouts off about understanding others and friendship when everything naruto has ever done has been totally selfserving and an effort to make himself be better, look better or destroy other people that in the grand scheme of things are making him look worse or prevent him from goals. He's singlemindedly obsessed with status and power and doesn't actually care who he tramples over to get to it.

Naruto is sort of a sociopath

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
By all rights Hinata should be the heroine. She has been the main character's emotional support in a couple of climactic scenes and has made her interest clear even to someone as thick as Naruto.

However, she isn't. The heroine is the abusive, frequently useless girl who is obsessed with some other guy and has barely been a friend to Naruto much less a love interest. It makes no sense, but that is how it is. Ultimately, Sakura is the heroine and primary love interest because she is the heroine and primary love interest.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Triple Elation posted:

Next chapter: Sakura awakens the Eternal Mangekyo Rinnegan

Next chapter: Sakura triggers the 3rd Impact.

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

Paper Lion posted:

she's clearly in love with him plus it's a beggars can't be choosers mindset on the part of the reader. He came from nothing and no one and just wants to be recognised, and the first person to ever do that just gets sort of shoved aside and treated kind of badly. For a person that claims to care about his friends, he's actually horribly selfish and kind of a dick that just spouts off about understanding others and friendship when everything naruto has ever done has been totally selfserving and an effort to make himself be better, look better or destroy other people that in the grand scheme of things are making him look worse or prevent him from goals. He's singlemindedly obsessed with status and power and doesn't actually care who he tramples over to get to it.

Naruto is sort of a sociopath

Actually from what I have remember of the early parts of the series the first nice thing that Hinata did for Naruto is offer to let him cheat off of her test in the Chuuin exam. From all indication her support of Naruto in the early years seems to be mainly watching him from a distance.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Gumbercules posted:

This is so cheesy, I'm almost convinced they're already inside the infinite tsukuyomi.

I'd honestly be surprised if anything other than this has been happening for the last 20 chapters. Not that they aren't going to win in the end, but it's not going to be like this. Oh well, hype for Rin's cameo next chapter!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I have to question what'd be the point of them being in a tsukiyomi. If they are and it's broken, Kishimoto will basically have to retread some of the fights we're already going through now and do so after revealing most, if not all of each character's biggest and best moves. Which I just can't see happening in a shonen comic of all things. At the very least you'd have to go back through Kakashi and Tobi/Obito, Madara versus someone and Sasuke versus someone. Right after we've already just finished seeing some of those fights once and had it been shown to have been nothing but an illusory waste of time. I know Kishimoto isn't the greatest writer in the world, but I don't think anyone's that bad.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Ka0 posted:

Next chapter: Sakura triggers the 3rd Impact.

Next chapter: Sasuke uses his sharingan to control Sakura like a puppet

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

quote:

everyone's like "you're a dick for not choosing Hinata." What?

No, he's a dick for leading her on for all this time and not giving her a straight answer. This has been true since after the Pain arc, but people learned to suspend their disbelief and live with it because it's not a romance manga and there were more important things that needed to happen etc etc. But that last chapter isn't a lazy/selective storytelling thing anymore, Kishi literally went out of his way to keep on doing whatever it is that he's been doing with Sakura vs. Hinata that he clearly thinks is so incredibly clever. It's really only in those terms that I can make any sense of anything any more on that front.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Triple Elation posted:

No, he's a dick for leading her on for all this time and not giving her a straight answer. This has been true since after the Pain arc, but people learned to suspend their disbelief and live with it because it's not a romance manga and there were more important things that needed to happen etc etc. But that last chapter isn't a lazy/selective storytelling thing anymore, Kishi literally went out of his way to keep on doing whatever it is that he's been doing with Sakura vs. Hinata that he clearly thinks is so incredibly clever. It's really only in those terms that I can make any sense of anything any more on that front.

:goonsay:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

That post came straight from the friend zone

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
So the 4th is pretty fast. He showed up, saved everyone, built a giant complex seal for the other Kages to use, and had a pleasant chat with his son before the 3 second fastest people in the world arrived. Hell he even took a stroll down by the ocean on his way over to save everyone while he was at it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

The junk collector posted:

So the 4th is pretty fast. He showed up, saved everyone, built a giant complex seal for the other Kages to use, and had a pleasant chat with his son before the 3 second fastest people in the world arrived. Hell he even took a stroll down by the ocean on his way over to save everyone while he was at it.

They didn't call him the Yellow Flash because he walked around Konoha nude :flashfact:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

I'm inclined to believe that he still has some of his old "markers" lying around everywhere. He used to have a bunch of them all over the place for emergency getaways.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

The giant seal is just a more powerful version of the one the Sound 4 made back at the Chuunin exam. Minato did nothing for that other than dropping the others off where the corners would be. But yea, he is the fastest ninja outside of the Raikage and Kyuubi-mode Naruto.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Schubalts posted:

The giant seal is just a more powerful version of the one the Sound 4 made back at the Chuunin exam. Minato did nothing for that other than dropping the others off where the corners would be. But yea, he is the fastest ninja outside of the Raikage and Kyuubi-mode Naruto.

I know Minato has been dead, so it's hard to say if the Raikage has gotten faster since Minato was alive (though if anything he's probably slower now than he was in his prime) but the Raikage flat out said that Minato was faster than he was.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Wasn't he able to keep up with Naruto, when he tried to keep Naruto from joining the war?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Schubalts posted:

Wasn't he able to keep up with Naruto, when he tried to keep Naruto from joining the war?

For a while yeah, then he comes at Naruto 100%, after chatting with Bee, but Naruto has found his resolve and this happens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rke8fVWtBwY&t=1650s

A's exact words according to mangastream anyway were "I'm the fastest shinobi alive since the Fourth [Hokage] passed away," for what it's worth.

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

I'd honestly be surprised if anything other than this has been happening for the last 20 chapters. Not that they aren't going to win in the end, but it's not going to be like this. Oh well, hype for Rin's cameo next chapter!
If that were really the case, my guess is the reveal would be in Obito/Kakashi's dimensional pocket thing.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

tsob posted:

I have to question what'd be the point of them being in a tsukiyomi. If they are and it's broken, Kishimoto will basically have to retread some of the fights we're already going through now and do so after revealing most, if not all of each character's biggest and best moves. Which I just can't see happening in a shonen comic of all things. At the very least you'd have to go back through Kakashi and Tobi/Obito, Madara versus someone and Sasuke versus someone. Right after we've already just finished seeing some of those fights once and had it been shown to have been nothing but an illusory waste of time. I know Kishimoto isn't the greatest writer in the world, but I don't think anyone's that bad.

No you're right, this wouldn't happen in a Shonen. But if we're speculating, I'd like to imagine they've been in the tsukiyomi since before that plot thread was revealed.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Mystic Mongol posted:

Are we talking an anime S-cry-ed ending where they crush a supervillain who loves his own name, then sort things out before having an awesome climactic duel, or a manga version where they kill the dinosaurs billions of years ago, become immortal, and then hundreds of years later team up with literally the entire cast to defeat the aliens from Tenchu-Muyou? Because they'd both be pretty OK, honestly.

Most defs anime ending. Gotta have a long awesome battle with escalating power ups. But I'm cool with dinosaurs to.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

quote:

That post came straight from the friend zone

Oh absolutely. She should have demanded her straight answer and/or got the hint and moved on ages ago, and at this point she kind of deserves whatever grief she's going through. Sadly, standards of how actual human beings ought to react to things don't apply to this story in any capacity (see: Tobi's arc from his introduction onwards; Itachi's backstory).

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Also, child soldiers.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Shy girl with x-ray eyes and eccentric war orphan just seem to have trouble sending or receiving signals entirely.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Vahtooch posted:

Most defs anime ending. Gotta have a long awesome battle with escalating power ups. But I'm cool with dinosaurs to.

God, that was the best ending. Start with the weakest powers and powering up until youre flying through space, then keep going until youre so weak and tired that youre just punching the poo poo out of each other, throwing sand in their eyes, and breaking ribs. :allears:

KoB fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 24, 2013

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

Shy girl with x-ray eyes and eccentric war orphan just seem to have trouble sending or receiving signals entirely.

How old are they again? Teenagers in general are a confused mess when it comes to social cues, it's part of what makes those years so "special."

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

How old are they again? Teenagers in general are a confused mess when it comes to social cues, it's part of what makes those years so "special."

15 or 16? I think Hinata might be older than Naruto though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Kild posted:

15 or 16? I think Hinata might be older than Naruto though.

They're all the same age since they graduated from Ninja school at the same time.

tsob posted:

I just don't understand why if they were in Tsukiyomi they would still be fighting Madara and Obito. They'd already be jacked into the Matrix and living happy-go-lucky lives.

• Locked thread