Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Anyone on right now? The qualifier is in a couple hours and I don't want to have to represent AUGR by myself!!!

edit: Ran a couple laps for the first time in months and it ain't looking so good :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I might have a chance of scoring OK points in B and C class. From there? drat.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I'll probably get on around 9pm Eastern and start a lobby if anyone wants to mess around before the qualifying starts around 10pm.

e: I've got a lobby up right now

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 22, 2013

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I'll probably get on around 9pm Eastern and start a lobby if anyone wants to mess around before the qualifying starts around 10pm.

Maybe roll some ABC'S until then?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This is what we know about Forza 5:

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/here-s-your-first-glimpse-of-forza-motorsport-5/2300-7394/

As much of a letdown as everything else in that conference.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Got distracted at a local hackerspace, no way I'm making it home in time but if you guys are still on when I do get back I'll join in.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Not gonna make this, watching a bunch of white guys chase a rubber disc around on a sheet of ice

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

S700 result:
AUGR XPrettyPandaX
AUGR speedt3k
GTCC Bentron
AUGR whatcubed3
AUGR Joey Aces
AUGR aardmania
AUGR Gathering Quill
AUGR JabsTheGoon

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bentai posted:

S700 result:
AUGR XPrettyPandaX
AUGR speedt3k
GTCC Bentron
AUGR whatcubed3
AUGR Joey Aces
AUGR aardmania
AUGR Gathering Quill
AUGR JabsTheGoon

aardmania didn't come in last :eyepop:

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Sorry guys, I'm an old man that wakes up at about 5:30 am and I can barely keep my eyes open. I thought I would be able to power through, but I have to retire.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

A600 result:
AUGR XPrettyPandaX
GTCC Bentron
AUGR whatcubed3
AUGR speedt3k
AUGR Gathering Quill
AUGR aardmania
AUGR JabsTheGoon
AUGR JoeyAces DNF

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
T'was a good time.

Thanks, Gents!

(P.S. Someone let me into the Horizon club, so I have more than Boaz for a Rival, hey?)

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

B500 Results:
AUGR XPrettyPandaX
GTCC Bentron
AUGR whatcubed3
AUGR aardmania
AUGR speedt3k
AUGR Gathering Quill
AUGR DNS JabsTheGoon DNS
AUGR DNS JoeyAces DNS

*edit*

C425 Results:
GTCC Bentron
AUGR XPrettyPandaX
AUGR speedt3k
AUGR whatcubed3 (coulda been higher but I managed to bash into him :( )
AUGR Gathering Quill
AUGR aardmania

Bentai fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 22, 2013

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Total points
AUGR XPrettyPandaX - 8
AUGR speedt3k - 14
GTCC Bentron - 13
AUGR whatcubed3 - 14
AUGR Joey Aces - 23 (however 2x Did Not Start)
AUGR aardmania - 15
AUGR Gathering Quill - 23
AUGR JabsTheGoon - 15 (however 2x Did Not Start)

Final Results:
1st XPrettyPandaX
2nd Bentron
3rd whatcubed3
4th speedt3k
5th aardmania
6th Gathering Quill
7th JabsTheGoon
8th Joey Aces

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Bentai posted:

Total points
AUGR XPrettyPandaX - 8
AUGR speedt3k - 14
GTCC Bentron - 13
AUGR whatcubed3 - 14
AUGR Joey Aces - 23 (however 2x Did Not Start)
AUGR aardmania - 15
AUGR Gathering Quill - 23
AUGR JabsTheGoon - 15 (however 2x Did Not Start)

Final Results:
1st XPrettyPandaX
2nd Bentron
3rd whatcubed3
4th speedt3k
5th aardmania
6th Gathering Quill
7th JabsTheGoon
8th Joey Aces

Thanks for everyone who showed up.

speedt3k and I were tied and had a one race drive-off to determine final place.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Great showing, Bentron.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Falken posted:

:siren: Forza 5 is a launch title. :siren:

I'm sad that we didn't get to see anything though. This is Microsofts flagship exclusive, and instead we get info about CoD Ghosts, which will be more popular on the 360 by far.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
I'm sure just as they have done with the previous games they will have a fully playable build running in some cockpit setups at E3, so I'm looking forward to getting hands-on with it in a few weeks. As far as what little we did see from the Xbox One FM5 reveal footage, I'm actually a little disappointed with the visuals :smith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
No dog? NO SALE

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
So, an original course set in Prague? Wait, make that an original circuit set in Prague!

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
I wonder what the gesture will be to restart Forza 5 after it locks up.

edit: gtcc is running A class unlimited Mercedes tonight. There will be some racing, and then car soccar or other shenanigans to follow.

burtonos fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 23, 2013

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

burtonos posted:

I wonder what the gesture will be to restart Forza 5 after it locks up.

edit: gtcc is running A class unlimited Mercedes tonight. There will be some racing, and then car soccar or other shenanigans to follow.

If we can do custom gestures, I'd map it to flipping the bird, personally.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This appears to be the official box art, it was posted on the official FM Facebook anyways.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

I said come in! posted:

This appears to be the official box art, it was posted on the official FM Facebook anyways.

Well at least it'll be nice to be able to find your box even with the lights completely off. I can't imagine what a large shelf of games will look like though.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
What's the car on the box? And also I hope F5 will have join in progress lobbies where you can just run track days or at least come out of the pits.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ringo Star Get posted:

What's the car on the box? And also I hope F5 will have join in progress lobbies where you can just run track days or at least come out of the pits.

I know everyone wants this but I see it working about as well as it does in practice on low-ranking iRacing classes - you'll get loving morons coming straight up onto a hot track right out of their pit stall, right into your quarter panel.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

IOwnCalculus posted:

I know everyone wants this but I see it working about as well as it does in practice on low-ranking iRacing classes - you'll get loving morons coming straight up onto a hot track right out of their pit stall, right into your quarter panel.

True, but that can be countered by password-protected lobbies or invite-only's, club members only, etc.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Just have collisions off for the first five seconds after you exit the pits, or until the first corner after the pits or something.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

32 player join in progress track days that allowed you to pull into the pits to change or tune your car would be amazing. Somebody get on the horn to Turn10.

I hope we see a nice rise in server player limits with the new generation. Does anything on the xbox support more than 32 players currently?

Also I like this picture from our race last week, Forza owns.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Don't some of the CoD games allow 64 in one game at a time?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

IOwnCalculus posted:

Don't some of the CoD games allow 64 in one game at a time?
Pretty sure you're thinking of BF3 on PC which has a server limit of 64 people and only has that on PC. Don't think CoD or anything else has 64 player servers on their MP games.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Ringo Star Get posted:

Looks like a McLaren P1 to me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ringo Star Get posted:

Car and Driver described it as the world's most expensive personal massager.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Why did Turn 10 trim a bit off the FM logo? It looked good as it was. Polyphony hasn't hosed with the GT logo since it's debut. :(

Also, pCARS looks more real. I'll need more screenshots to be impressed.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Because Turn 10's brand manager just happens to be someone's mom who is doing it for free, apparently. Comic Sans for Forza 6's logo.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Next tuesday good for you guys to do this competition? 9PM EST?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Stop hating on the new logo, it's nice! Since I'm a bored graphic designer I figured I'd tell you guys why. I should probably preface this with the fact that I do think the original logo was fine, however and didn't really need replacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
New logo looks better, I always thought the old one was just F III for Forza 3 until they used it with the fourth game. Then I just got confused.

• Locked thread