Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What do you get when you mix two criminal organizations, one band of corrupt cops, and Jason Statham?

A whole mess of broken bones, bullets, and bodies in Safe.

Ride The Gravitron has a new favorite as of 04:35 on May 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I just noticed that End of Watch is on instant. I thought it was a pretty good cop movie.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Reign Of Pain posted:

I just noticed that End of Watch is on instant. I thought it was a pretty good cop movie.

Wow yeah it really was.

It's by the guy who wrote Training Day.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bad news for anybody who was waiting for season 2 of Workaholics to pop up soon. Looks like it was removed wholesale today.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

NienNunb posted:

Bad news for anybody who was waiting for season 2 of Workaholics to pop up soon. Looks like it was removed wholesale today.

Noooooooooooooo. Why?!

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

Maybe something is up with Comedy Central's licensing? It seems like forever since a new season of South Park has been available too.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sock The Great posted:

Maybe something is up with Comedy Central's licensing? It seems like forever since a new season of South Park has been available too.

All of South Park got removed last month with that Universal thing

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sock The Great posted:

South park is going away soon too, actually, because of the... Was it Epix? Deal expiring.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Opopanax posted:

All of South Park got removed last month with that Universal thing

Must be regional, then. I'm on the West Coast and I still have the first 15 seasons of South Park available.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Must be regional, then. I'm on the West Coast and I still have the first 15 seasons of South Park available.

Same in Texas.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

We still have it in Illinois until next Wednesday. A shame to lose it and Workaholics, though. At least we've still got It's Always Sunny.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I always thought it was weird that they only had the first season of Workaholics up, when the show is on at least season four by now. Guess it had something to do with this.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Well you can see all the South Park episodes on Comedy Centrals website, Workaholics not so much though.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I watched the first epsiode of Kitchen Nightmares: US and felt something was off. Watched the second one and realized it was that Ramsay didn't take his shirt off, while talking to the camera, and put on his chef jacket in the other episode. He does this in every episode of the UK version.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Pope Mobile posted:

I watched the first epsiode of Kitchen Nightmares: US and felt something was off. Watched the second one and realized it was that Ramsay didn't take his shirt off, while talking to the camera, and put on his chef jacket in the other episode. He does this in every episode of the UK version.

Haha, hilariously true. That was always such a weird moment.

He does strip down in "Hotel Hell", iirc. (Then climbs in a sleeping bag to avoid having to touch the disgusting sheets)

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Tardcore posted:

Well you can see all the South Park episodes on Comedy Centrals website, Workaholics not so much though.

Looks like they are all on southparkstudios.com too. And it says season 17 starts on 9/25 :)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Reign Of Pain posted:

Looks like they are all on southparkstudios.com too. And it says season 17 starts on 9/25 :)

South Park has always a bird apart from the rest of the Comedy Central package as far as streaming goes, since in 2007 Trey and Matt cut a 50-50 deal with Viacom for non-television revenue. They should give their lawyer a big-rear end medal for that bit of foresight.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If you haven't seen it, go check out End of Watch. It's got great chemistry between the cast, and it's cool seeing a movie about ordinary beat cops, but be warned, it's a bit of a major downer at points.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EasyEW posted:

South Park has always a bird apart from the rest of the Comedy Central package as far as streaming goes, since in 2007 Trey and Matt cut a 50-50 deal with Viacom for non-television revenue. They should give their lawyer a big-rear end medal for that bit of foresight.

For extra class, if I remember right they struck that deal around the same time as their episode mocking the WGA strike for wanting 'internet money' came, right?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Wrath of Khan is on instant too.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Tatum Girlparts posted:

For extra class, if I remember right they struck that deal around the same time as their episode mocking the WGA strike for wanting 'internet money' came, right?

That would be so typical and engender everything that's irritating about South Park.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

End of Watch was a really good movie. It kinda felt like real cop banter, sometimes. That was neat.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
For anyone interested in soccer (since it's an American documentary, I figured I'd call it soccer instead of football), there's a pretty excellent film about the New York Cosmos called Once in a Lifetime. It goes from the beginnings as an amateur team, to its huge rise, to its incredibly dramatic fall. Best part is, they interview the American businessmen from Warner Communications (who owned the team at the time) who all still seem like bitter, cynical guys who all either lay blame on their associates or say that it could've been saved in some way. Really interesting narrative, and it's not long or dense whatsoever.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Miami Connection is now available. If you haven't gotten enough 80's rock/ninja/kung-fu/jungle warfare today, here is the trailer. Have to believe the Rifftrax guys are working on it.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I was scrolling through Netflix today and noticed that The Avengers is now streaming. Was this just added recently? It seems like a big movie to not announce.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Just added yesterday. I only know this because I got an email from Netflix about it.

Also, I just happened to look up from playing Kerbal Space Program at the right time to notice that Nick Fury carries the same gun as me.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Treasure Buddies is available for streaming on Netflix.

Okay, you know Air Bud, right? You know that Air Bud had a spinoff called Air Buddies? You know that they had multiple sequels to that spinoff and the most recent is Treasure Buddies?

They each have one personality trait which is:
Budderball (football and food)
Buddha (being spiritual)
B-Dawg (being black, likes bling)
??? (the leader or something)
the girl one (being a girl)

Then you have a generic child actor with his washed-up explorer uncle Richard Riehle aka Discount Wilford Brimley and the generically British bad guy Discount Tim Curry, Edward Herrman. Also according to IMDB, Ryan Stiles voiced a snake.

The film features a preposterously painted-in town in Egypt about as big as a college quad, incredibly obvious plot points, and a dude who kind of just dies and people are like 'oh well he was one of the comic relief foreigners'. The plot focuses around the Collar of Cleocatra which is what Cleocatra (Cleopatra's cat) tried to use to banish dogs from ???? but a dog stopped her and Cleopatra used the collar to make dogs man's best friend. There is a British-voiced Sphynx cat who wants the collar and who has unfortunately crappy mouth CGI because Air Bud mouth tech translates poorly from dogs to cats.

The movie is weird and crappy in a lot of ways but it does try to be culturally sensitive about Bedouins and Islam and sorta-kinda teach some facts. I wouldn't feel bad about putting it in front of a five year old, is what I'm saying. (Unless he likes cats in which case the cat villain getting eternal life but as a statue might be a little rough.)

why did i bother to put the ending of air buddies 6: treasure buddies in spoiler tags :iiam:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

What might be the saddest doc ever made:

The Suicide Tourist

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Frontline_The_Suicide_Tourist/70135303?locale=en-US

Very thought provoking though.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Apocalypse Now now available. One of the best movies ever made and certainly the best one ever made about the Vietnam war. If you haven't seen it do yourself a favor. They also have Apocalypse Now Redux, which is controversial, but I prefer this version and definitely think it's worth the extra hour of viewing time.

In case you were for some reason unaware, Apocalypse Now is a loose adaptation of Joseph Conrad's novel Heart of Darkness reset in Vietnam during the war. It stars a young Martin Sheen and an old Marlon Brando. Keep an eye out for Harrison Ford in a very minor role.

Ogmius815 has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Jun 24, 2013

DarkDwarf
Jun 24, 2013

Ogmius815 posted:

Apocalypse Now now available. One of the best movies ever made and certainly the best one ever made about the Vietnam war. If you haven't seen it do yourself a favor. They also have Apocalypse Now Redux, which is controversial, but I prefer this version and definitely think it's worth the extra hour of viewing time.

In case you were for some reason unaware, Apocalypse Now is a loose adaptation of Joseph Conrad's novel Heart of Darkness reset in Vietnam during the war. It stars a young Martin Sheen and an old Marlon Brando. Keep an eye out for Harrison Ford in a very minor role.

You should read Heart of Darkness before watching these movies. Your appreciation for them will grow ten-fold.

My contributions:
Memento
Into the Wild (recently got added)
It's Always Sunny
The Details
Batman: Year One (not a terrible animated movie, surprisingly)

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Now they need to add Hearts Of Darkness.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Politicalrancor posted:

Now they need to add Hearts Of Darkness.

Yeah this would own.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone who is a fan of Batman TAS should watch Batman Beyond. It came out when I was pretty young but even then I was skeptical of how quality a cyberpunk Batman could be. Turns out, it's kickin' rad.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Deadite posted:

I was scrolling through Netflix today and noticed that The Avengers is now streaming. Was this just added recently? It seems like a big movie to not announce.

They just added it this weekend. I got an email from them about it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Anyone who is a fan of Batman TAS should watch Batman Beyond. It came out when I was pretty young but even then I was skeptical of how quality a cyberpunk Batman could be. Turns out, it's kickin' shway.

Fixed.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Pope Mobile posted:

They just added it this weekend. I got an email from them about it.

Where do you sign up for that?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I didn't as far as I know. I just get emails from Netflix every now and then saying "[Popular Movie] now on Instant!" and "Based on watching three seasons of Vampire Diaries over the course of a day, you might like..." etc.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pope Mobile posted:

I didn't as far as I know. I just get emails from Netflix every now and then saying "[Popular Movie] now on Instant!" and "Based on watching three seasons of Vampire Diaries over the course of a day, you might like..."

... "friends"?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Watched season one of Cracker (British) over the last two days and have started season two but still can't decide how I feel about it. The show is well written and acted and there are many familiar faces like Christopher Eccleston, Geraldine Somerville, Robert Carlyle, Barbara Flynn and more but the characters are all unlikable with few if any redeeming qualities. Robert Coltrane stars as Fitz, a criminal psychologist who occasionally helps the police but mostly makes everyone miserable. The first season was basically one long episode with a couple criminal stories that take up a minor part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacGowans Teeth
Aug 13, 2003

wormil posted:

Watched season one of Cracker (British) over the last two days and have started season two but still can't decide how I feel about it. The show is well written and acted and there are many familiar faces like Christopher Eccleston, Geraldine Somerville, Robert Carlyle, Barbara Flynn and more but the characters are all unlikable with few if any redeeming qualities. Robert Coltrane stars as Fitz, a criminal psychologist who occasionally helps the police but mostly makes everyone miserable. The first season was basically one long episode with a couple criminal stories that take up a minor part.

It picks up like a motherfucker in series 2, and series 3 is a bit of a letdown afterwards, but it still has its good points. Robbie Coltrane is so good as Fitz that when I watch him in other stuff, like Harry Potter, I have trouble seeing him as anyone else.

• Locked thread