Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Enzo's pretty decent on the mic and I love Mason's new finisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
The NXT intro is the best intro the WWE puts out and it's not close.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ChaosSmurf posted:

I mark the gently caress out for Welcome Home every time. Such a good theme.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
Oh! I read somewhere (tumblr?) that they couldn't call Paige up until her 21st birthday in August as a kinda company policy type deal. This true?

Also, I particularly enjoy whoever it is at about 27 seconds doing his best 3rd Strike Akuma impression.

ChaosSmurf fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 23, 2013

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

ChaosSmurf posted:

Pretty much everything about NXT is superior, from the wrestling to the format to the crowd involvement to little things like the belt design.

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear

VogeGandire posted:

I mark the gently caress out for Welcome Home every time. Such a good theme.

I kept thinking to myself, I know this song...where the hell do I know this song from? And then one episode they let it run long into Claudio's vocals and I was transported back into my high school self and fist pumped.

Psyched to watch this week for Sami and really, really happy to see that the new ladies belt will be the "Women's Championship" and not the "Divas."

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
What is Aces and Eights member Curt Hawkins doing on NXT? :bahgawd:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

ChaosSmurf posted:

Oh! I read somewhere (tumblr?) that they couldn't call Paige up until her 21st birthday in August as a kinda company policy type deal. This true?
Yeah, this was in effect for some time. It's the reason why back when NXT season 2 started that Bo Dallas wasn't called up to season 2 of NXT with his brother Husky.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The last NXT epsiode I saw was Regal/Hero, did I miss any Sami Zayn stuff before this week? I've enjoyed NXT when I've caught it and I definitely intend on watching it regularly now that Generico's debuted.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thauros posted:

The last NXT epsiode I saw was Regal/Hero, did I miss any Sami Zayn stuff before this week? I've enjoyed NXT when I've caught it and I definitely intend on watching it regularly now that Generico's debuted.

He had a promo last week, but didn't wrestle.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I need to get an isolated clip of that Wyatt package. Holy poo poo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Seriously, Wyatt is the best promo in the business right now. I honestly couldn't say he's ever cut a bad promo after becoming Bray Wyatt.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ChaosSmurf posted:

It's weird, every time I see Paige I forget how young she is. She totally owns her role like she's been at it forever.

Then I remember by comparison that Summer Rae is almost 30. :stare:

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
It's incredible how much better NXT is with their storylines and characters than the main shows are. It's been mentioned before on popular heels being turned face (Emma, Graves, Ohno, etc.), and unpopular faces being turned heel (Bo, probably), but it also matters that their original characters are still intact. For example, Graves is still an intimidating bad boy, and not a chessy hand-slapping babyface, because that's how the crowd likes him.

Also, want to make a guy look like a big deal? Have him beat two WWE guys in the same night, and look tough as hell doing so.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Fart Radio posted:

It's incredible how much better NXT is with their storylines and characters than the main shows are. It's been mentioned before on popular heels being turned face (Emma, Graves, Ohno, etc.), and unpopular faces being turned heel (Bo, probably), but it also matters that their original characters are still intact. For example, Graves is still an intimidating bad boy, and not a chessy hand-slapping babyface, because that's how the crowd likes him.

Also, want to make a guy look like a big deal? Have him beat two WWE guys in the same night, and look tough as hell doing so.
It's almost as if this is Triple H's way of throwing Creative's failures over the past 13 years in their faces and showing them how it should be properly done.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Not to take anything away from NXT, since it is well booked, but you also have to realize that they're taping 4 (maybe even 5) shows in a single night. It's easier to have coherent stories and booking when you're a simple show, taping 5 shows at once in the same place in front of a familiar audience. And it's not being run by a complete lunatic. Comparing Raw booking and NXT booking is apples and oranges.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 23, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cromulent posted:

Not to take anything away from NXT, since it is well booked, but you also have to realize that they're taping 4 (maybe even 5) shows in a single night. It's easier to have coherent stories and booking when you're a simple show, taping 5 shows at once in the same place in front of a familiar audience. And when it's not being run by a complete lunatic. Comparing Raw booking and NXT booking is apples and oranges.
Well said.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I love that the NxT audience have started swaying intune with Brays theme song... Really creepy and hopefully it catches on and one day we see whole arenas doing that

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Perigryn posted:

Enzo's pretty decent on the mic and I love Mason's new finisher.

Eh, it's Test's finisher.

Enzo's gonna make a good heel jobber though. He's got that "naturally hateable" quality.

Edit: Emma rules and Young looked like she was trying her damndest not to corpse.

Suben fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 23, 2013

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I really loving enjoy Sami Zayne's entrance music.

EDIT: And the "Ole" chants, haha.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The only thing I didn't like was the dueling "Lets Go Hawkins! Lets go Sami!!" chants there is a time and place for dueling chants, but I don't think that situation called for it.

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

Curt Hawkins now looks uncannily like the singer from Rammstein. Unless that dude has majorly changed his looks in the past 10 years, which is entirely possible.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

NXT is just so fun compared to the main shows. Finally got Hulu plus, and have been burning through the show. The future is bright.

On a side note: I'm pretty sure I have a crush on Corey Graves :allears:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

CapCityGoofBall posted:

NXT is just so fun compared to the main shows. Finally got Hulu plus, and have been burning through the show. The future is bright.

I got a bit of a man crush on Graves too. There is just so much to like about him. Great in the ring. Great on the mic. Unique look and style. Plays heel and face equally well. Is from Pittsburgh. I think he can win the WWE Championship one day.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
The way Sami high fives that girl at the end, awesome dude.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
okay that seriously blew my mind.

and sami's an english canadian who lives in quebec regal :mad:

who's also not answering his phone. rear end in a top hat :mad:

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Bray Wyatt should be the one to end The Streak. Just putting that out there.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
I will be very surprised if Wyatt's gimmick makes it over to WWE proper.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
^I don't see why not. He's doing it at house shows and dark matches, and unless they change the name he'll be the character. Otherwise they might as well just go back to Husky Harris.

Jefferoo posted:

Bray Wyatt should be the one to end The Streak. Just putting that out there.

I dunno about ending it, but my god the promos for that.

"What are you gonna do to me, Dead Man, that ain't already been done? See, I'm already a dead man too..." :allears:

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

^I don't see why not. He's doing it at house shows and dark matches, and unless they change the name he'll be the character. Otherwise they might as well just go back to Husky Harris.

Just doesn't seem like the kind of gimmick that'll get over in WWE with big crowds. Part of why it works is the size of the crowd and building, imo. I'd like to be wrong, even though he's not as over with me personally as he is with NXT/PSP.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

ChaosSmurf posted:

Just doesn't seem like the kind of gimmick that'll get over in WWE with big crowds. Part of why it works is the size of the crowd and building, imo. I'd like to be wrong, even though he's not as over with me personally as he is with NXT/PSP.

Everything I've heard from dark matches and house shows is that the big crowds just don't care about listening to him.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

ChaosSmurf posted:

Not sure what's not clicking with the character for me but he doesn't feel like a big deal. More of a mid-boss that any face star would have to run through to get to the top level. I'd expect it to be the same for a lot of the audience.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

KungFu Grip posted:

Everything I've heard from dark matches and house shows is that the big crowds just don't care about listening to him.
I think it would work better if they air several vignettes of him before he debuts to get people's attention.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CapCityGoofBall posted:

He's the guy who looks like he listens to a lot of Reverend Horton Heat, right? Because I can kinda see where you're coming from there.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

I think it would work better if they air several vignettes of him before he debuts to get people's attention.

If they gave him a proper build up ala Fandango and then didn't gently caress it up ala Fandango then it might work. If they did it properly properly and had him come up with the family, them doing attacks in his build, etc. it might be good. I dunno, their call ups have been pretty great so far (Shield, Big E, we'll see how Curt gets on) maybe they could manage it.

I Before E posted:

He's the guy who looks like he listens to a lot of Reverend Horton Heat, right? Because I can kinda see where you're coming from there.

I'm not a big fan of his signature LOOK AT MY KNUCKLES pose, but he's pretty cool.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think he'll debut with the gimmick, but I give it 6 months tops before he ends up as the third member of Tons of Funk.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Big crowds don't really care about people they're unfamiliar with doing promos these days. The "What?" bullshit has had a serious detrimental effect on promos that are done live in the ring in my opinion. And I have no doubt that if Bray were to come out he'd get that immediately. They'll have to grab the attention of the crowd some other way first. Vignettes could work maybe. I love the character but I've always felt that it could easily fall flat on its face even if everything is done right because of the live crowds.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I gotta say, Dawson saying that Wyatt told him "Away from me, journalist man. I tire of your questions" sorta justifies his presence on the show for me.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

What they have to do with Wyatt is the same thing with the Shield, in my opinion. He and the family have to debut with something HUGE like attacking Undertaker like Jefferoo said. While I'm not 100% he should end the streak, they could play really good off each other. They're both grim characters, but one is serious and the other is mental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jonny Angel posted:

I gotta say, Dawson saying that Wyatt told him "Away from me, journalist man. I tire of your questions" sorta justifies his presence on the show for me.

Tony Dawson is like an excitable puppy that decided to commentate wrestling matches, and his interplay with the calm, laid-back Regal is the best.

• Locked thread