Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Anyone have a stream schedule for UFGT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

The Sunday schedule for UFGT has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen.

Q: When's Marvel?
A: After Keits jerks himself off on stream for 4 hours.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The mystery events are always funny and hype. I love UFGT even if Keits is kind of a tool.

Looking forward to the MVC2 auction at 11am CST today.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It sucks that Injustice has the third most entrants and gets the 9:30AM slot for its Top 8.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It also sucks that like all the games ending on Saturday are getting their Top 8 played out on stream 2.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Holy poo poo is Divekick really still a thing?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mr. Fun posted:

Holy poo poo is Divekick really still a thing?

Yeah it's getting a full release. They've added a bunch of characters, a bunch of stages, they've given everyone special moves and special animations, and they've added an endboss to the single player game. I'm actually really excited about it and will probably play it a lot when it comes out.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Elephant Ambush posted:

The mystery events are always funny and hype. I love UFGT even if Keits is kind of a tool.

Looking forward to the MVC2 auction at 11am CST today.

I mean I enjoy UFGT too (which is why I'm literally at UFGT right now), but it's a little ridiculous how he scheduled it. Mystery games are fun and all, but how much can you really watch two people button mashing in a game you might have seen secondhand or played as a child and get entertained?

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Yeah, I enjoy the mystery game tournaments on stream solely when it's to kill dead air between other games. When it becomes a "featured" part of a stream, I tend to tune out because it really isn't that great or funny to watch most of the time.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Looks like the schedule is planned out to have as little overlap with actual games as possible. Or at the very least so that almost no top 4's of any game will ever conflict with one another. So yeah, while KOF is playing on stream 2, all the dead air time is filled with mystery games on stream 1.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I hope they do the thing they did two years ago and possibly last year (I can't remember), where they had two inputs on the level up stream and they would switch to the mystery tournament during button checks/waiting for players/game switches. It was a really cool way to handle things.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Mystery game tournament is fun and all, but worth shoving Injustice to the early morning slot? No.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
16-man MvC2 character audition is gonna be really cool. Those are always great and hopefully someone buys Servbot just 'cause.

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

Double Bill posted:

Mystery game tournament is fun and all, but worth shoving Injustice to the early morning slot? No.

I agree. Watching Injustice has been the most fun I've had watching streams in some time. I still like watching Marvel, but it's nice to see a fresh game that is still enjoying some hype.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Double Bill posted:

That really seems like a huge mistake considering Injustice has been raking in viewers as well as Marvel on Twitch. (according to some streamers like nycfurby)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Dias posted:

16-man MvC2 character audition is gonna be really cool. Those are always great and hopefully someone buys Servbot just 'cause.

Storm is going to go for at least $50. Sentinel too.

FWIW I agree about Injustice. It's a new game and it doesn't suck and people wanna see it. Top 8 should definitely get a more prime time slot.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elephant Ambush posted:

Storm is going to go for at least $50. Sentinel too.

FWIW I agree about Injustice. It's a new game and it doesn't suck and people wanna see it. Top 8 should definitely get a more prime time slot.

I want Jebailey to show up and throw 300$ on MSP/Santrax and then proceed to get bodied.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I want Jebailey to go away.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Maybe you're supposed to eat breakfast with Injustice, lunch during AE, take a siesta then watch Marvel? Seems like a good schedule for that actually.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Brett824 posted:

Maybe you're supposed to eat breakfast with Injustice, lunch during AE, take a siesta then watch Marvel? Seems like a good schedule for that actually.

I read that as "take a siesta during Marvel" at first. Made sense to me. :v:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

kaujot posted:

I want Jebailey to go away.

Say what you want about Jebailey (I don't like him either) but CEO is always a good event.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I don't get the Injustice hype aside from the fact that it's new. The game looks like someone turned down the gamma too low, the exploding stage walls and other environmental crap are really dumb gimmicks, and it just feels too slow.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting it to be Marvel (one ridiculously fast and arguably broken game is enough) but this certainly isn't what I expected.

It seems like a technically sound game but it just doesn't click with me. And dear god the graphics.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I can't make any goddamn sense out of the UFGTV schedule image that Shoryuken has.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I can't make any goddamn sense out of the UFGTV schedule image that Shoryuken has.

What's not to get? You match the time row with the game column and that's what pools are playing. A little diamond in the corner means that block will be on stream.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Fenrir posted:

I don't get the Injustice hype aside from the fact that it's new. The game looks like someone turned down the gamma too low, the exploding stage walls and other environmental crap are really dumb gimmicks, and it just feels too slow.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting it to be Marvel (one ridiculously fast and arguably broken game is enough) but this certainly isn't what I expected.

It seems like a technically sound game but it just doesn't click with me. And dear god the graphics.

I completely agree with you but it's also horrendously popular, and even if that's just that New Game Smell it doesn't really matter, and should still be put in a better spot than ~random fun game top 8~

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I just realized KOF top 8 is blocked for 4 hours.

Is that what the old CVS2 tournaments were like?

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Elephant Ambush posted:

Say what you want about Jebailey (I don't like him either) but CEO is always a good event.

Agreed. He should keep holding CEO, for sure, but he should do it without opening his mouth.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5VcjAepDE

Just the thing ChrisG needed!

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Fenrir posted:

It's fun.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Brett824 posted:

Ah, "When's Marvel ResidentSleeper" makes sense now.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Gimnbo posted:

I just realized KOF top 8 is blocked for 4 hours.

Is that what the old CVS2 tournaments were like?

Not even close.
There was a Final Round where, no lie, a Justin Wong-Steve Harrison Grand Final set took over TWO HOURS alone.

Also, I ran KOF XIII at Final Round this year and Top 8 only took about 2 hours.
Doing it 2/3 all the way and Romance not being reset also helped.

High-level KOF XIII play has gotten a little bit faster these days since the best players know how to get max damage off of all of their openings at this point in the game's cycle.
Bad KOF XIII matches still take forever though.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Gimnbo posted:

What's not to get? You match the time row with the game column and that's what pools are playing. A little diamond in the corner means that block will be on stream.

Yeah, looking back over it I realized that the stream connotation was for the small diamond in the corners, originally I thought it meant the color scheme of the blocks themselves, which made it think they were going to have a absurd number of alternate streams.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
http://twitch.tv/leveluplive

UFGT is live with the Marvel 2 character auction.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

kaujot posted:

http://twitch.tv/leveluplive

UFGT is live with the Marvel 2 character auction.

Ohhhh they're doing the thing where they randomly generate teams ahead of time and then auction them off. That's definitely a time saver and it'll be a lot more hilarious to watch.

edit: Roll-A/War Machine-B/Cable-B just went for $45!

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 24, 2013

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
$45 for a team consisting of Roll, War Machine, and Cable. :v:

Edit: It's nice to see Spooky at an event just sitting back and hanging out.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Cap-Y/Spiral-Y/Iron Man-B $44 to Mike Ross!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Chris G looks so depressed at having to bid for this team right now.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
I wonder if they just didn't put Storm or Sentinel in the hat.

edit: LAUNCHER ASSIST!

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 24, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dias posted:

Chris G looks so depressed at having to bid for this team right now.

Even when he loses bidding wars, ChrisG is mad salty. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
God, this Rogue/Rogue/Servbot team was hilarious.