Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

Yeah, I think this obviously foreshadows a darker/more political album but if you think he's going to put out an hour of himself screaming you are nuts. Totally agree that his albums range from great to amazing (only counting solo albums here) and I'm sure this new one is going to be good too. I think it's pretty obvious he knows what he's doing.

Also pretty hilarious to look at the Billboard rap charts right now in comparison to songs with Kanye screaming about slavery and media portrayals of black people. Two Macklemore joints, some Pitbull garbage, some MMG garbage, and two Li'l Wayne tracks. He really is the best commercial rapper if only because he's going to get people excited about weird poo poo instead of cookie-cutter radio bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Brett824 posted:

Quoted because it explains it as well as I'd be able to, in a pretty succinct way.

Maybe try listening critically a little bit before you childishly dismiss things in an out-of-context way.

Sorry but that thing you quoted his half baked pseudo intellectual bullshit. Please dont act like you need to approach kanye's lyrics with the analytical prowess of a lit major to understand/enjoy/dismiss them because that is just asinine dude... Kanye makes great music but not everybody is gonna join your circle jerk over his sometimes pretty lame lyrics.

Muck and Mire posted:

Yeah, I think this obviously foreshadows a darker/more political album but if you think he's going to put out an hour of himself screaming you are nuts.

As a huge Kanye fan i have to disagree with this statement. He probably wont, but he could. I mean this is the dude who made 808s following his most commercially success mainstream album...

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 20, 2013

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Well I guess I was completely wrong. I took 300 (3HUNNA) to be a reference to Chief Keef and Chi Town, and the Romans because of 300AD was when the Roman Empire was in full swing.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Muck and Mire posted:

Yeah, I think this obviously foreshadows a darker/more political album but if you think he's going to put out an hour of himself screaming you are nuts. Totally agree that his albums range from great to amazing (only counting solo albums here) and I'm sure this new one is going to be good too. I think it's pretty obvious he knows what he's doing.

Also pretty hilarious to look at the Billboard rap charts right now in comparison to songs with Kanye screaming about slavery and media portrayals of black people. Two Macklemore joints, some Pitbull garbage, some MMG garbage, and two Li'l Wayne tracks. He really is the best commercial rapper if only because he's going to get people excited about weird poo poo instead of cookie-cutter radio bullshit.

What people are gonna be excited to hear this stuff on the radio? Stuff like this is not gonna get played.

And I think Macklemore is pretty bad but can you really say his music is "cookie cutter radio bullshit" compared to the rest of that stuff you listed?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Thrift Shop is genuinely amazing.

Worked for a while, now it's down. They're really aggressive about it.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

Anaranjado posted:

What people are gonna be excited to hear this stuff on the radio? Stuff like this is not gonna get played.

And I think Macklemore is pretty bad but can you really say his music is "cookie cutter radio bullshit" compared to the rest of that stuff you listed?

Have you heard "Can't Hold Us," I genuinely thought that was a Flo-Rida track for a few weeks

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Well ignoring the fact that macklemore and flo rida sound nothing alike, no, I haven't heard the song. The only songs of his I've heard on the radio are Thrift Shop and Same Love.

I cannot believe I'm defending loving Macklemore. What is this world coming to

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

bows1 posted:

Well I guess I was completely wrong. I took 300 (3HUNNA) to be a reference to Chief Keef and Chi Town, and the Romans because of 300AD was when the Roman Empire was in full swing.

It is a reference to Chief Keef and Chi as well

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

Anaranjado posted:

Well ignoring the fact that macklemore and flo rida sound nothing alike, no, I haven't heard the song. The only songs of his I've heard on the radio are Thrift Shop and Same Love.

I cannot believe I'm defending loving Macklemore. What is this world coming to

Here's the hook. I don't know if I was thinking Flo-Rida, but it sounds exactly like that other hook dude who was on a ton of big radio tracks in the last few years:

quote:

Here we go back, this is the moment
Tonight is the night, we’ll fight 'til it’s over
So we put our hands up like the ceiling can’t hold us
Like the ceiling can’t hold us
Here we go back, this is the moment
Tonight is the night, we’ll fight 'til it’s over
So we put our hands up like the ceiling can’t hold us
Like the ceiling can’t hold us

And so we put our hands up
And so we put our hands up

Anyway, enough Macklemore chat, Yeezus is going to own

e:

Muck and Mire fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 20, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Muck and Mire posted:

Here's the hook. I don't know if I was thinking Flo-Rida, but it sounds exactly like that other hook dude who was on a ton of big radio tracks in the last few years:

Anyway, enough Macklemore chat, Yeezus is going to own

e:

It's funny because they caught Kanye like that twice but both times it was immediately followed by him smiling wide. Like you see Sudeikis tap him on the shoulder there and they cut to a different camera and they're laughing together.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Wario Kart 64 posted:

It is a reference to Chief Keef and Chi as well

Why do people think its a reference to the movie, if there is nothing else that points to that?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Walking Dad posted:

While I like the style of Black Skinhead, the lyrics seem pretty childish and amateur. Name dropping 300 and Inglorious Basterds? Kinda weak.

Hahahahahaha.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bows1 posted:

Why do people think its a reference to the movie, if there is nothing else that points to that?

Probably cause some moron on Rapgenius already threw it up at the meaning. Also because he references Romans in conjunction and it is easy to conflate Greek/Roman events/mythology?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Let the speculation begin

It's gone now. Let MORE speculation begin!

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

CaptainYesterday posted:

It's gone now. Let MORE speculation begin!

Black Skin Head was 3:30-ish long. But still, it's fun to speculate, and 3:02 is interesting:

Matthew 3:02: "And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand"

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
Travi$ Scott tweeted a pic of New Slaves in Itunes and the time was a little over 4 minutes, so those might be just placeholders.

But yeah I have not been this excited for an album in a real long time. Agreeing with what everyone else has said: the dude just knows how to make these albums that just really hit hard and stick around in the brain. I know this has been said, but it really is like every Kanye album is a film without the visuals.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
drat, sorry I don't think on the same astral plane as the true Kanye fans. The King Kong reference made sense to me, which is why I didn't call it out.

It's hard for me to tell when Kanye is being real and when he is being ironic, especially when he is putting out so much energy and delivering it with a very unsubtle form of anger.

The Walking Dad fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 21, 2013

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kanye doesn't do irony, he's sincere through and through.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm wondering why everyone is comparing this to Death Grips. This sounds nothing like Death Grips to me. Are we listening to the same Kanye track?

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 23, 2013

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Dark rap-rock? Must be Death Grips.

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
300? Romans? let's not forget that Kanye thought Mekhi Phife was in In Too Deep.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Projections in Amsterdam in t minus 2.5 hours

Rumors say it might be yeezy season (Onsite)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This doesn't sound like Death Grips at all you fuckin' goofballs.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
gently caress gently caress gently caress its happening http://www.kanyewest.com/wp-content/themes/kanyewest/1/

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

sweet yeezus

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010

atrus50 posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress its happening http://www.kanyewest.com/wp-content/themes/kanyewest/1/

No Montreal? :( It'll change, hopefully.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

atrus50 posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress but I'm totally there.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Can of Cloud posted:

No Montreal? :( It'll change, hopefully.

Good Fridays are back

Maybe next week for y'all different cities every week till yeezus

Edit well drat it was just new slaves again

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 24, 2013

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Here's a supposed leaked tracklist:

Tracklist:
1) Awake With the Dark
2)New Slaves (feat. Frank Ocean)
3) Lightning
4) Destiny feat. Travis Scott
5)God (Interlude)
6) Chained feat. Jay Electronica, James Blake, and ???
7) Perfect
8 Burned Out feat. Chief Keef, RZA and Ma$e
9) Black Skinhead
10) The Follower
11) Major Critical (feat. Tyler the Creator)
12) In the Heavens (feat. John Legend)
13) Demise

The ??? is pretty hard to read but it looks like it says Lorine Chia.

I imagine this is fake but I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the list of features. Maybe a Jay-Z feature is missing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What about the Skrillex track?!?!? :supaburn:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Yeezus (Deluxe edition)

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Even if that is a real tracklist it could always change before the release. Before Watch the Throne came out, We Are Young(the fun. song) was on tracklists and disappeared before the album's actual release.

Perfect Bitch was also supposed to be on Cruel Summer and that changed.

I'm going to be skeptical of tracklists until I actually own the album.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
That's a fake tracklist that got circulated a few days ago.

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

He's supposed to have collaborated on the the first track on the album.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
That track list is 100% fake

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKGp1XqddM

kanye is madddd

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

^ a little late on that one.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why is that Kanye hologram so angry? :(

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Here's an apparently just released 13 minute freestyle Kanye did back in 2005 while a guest on a BBC Radio show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o6N4Mdx2YrQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

http://pitchfork.com/news/50889-kanye-wests-new-slaves-projections-shut-down-in-houston-by-police/

One of the projections in Houston got shut down by the cops last night. Everyone was ordered to leave or be arrested for trespassing.

That's why Kanye is so angry!

• Locked thread