Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

sponsz posted:

Preeettty sure that's a copy/paste

:ssh:

That's all the fun!

How the he'll can somebody seriously get upset about BnB combos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I'm not going to sit here and have a giant argument about this, I'm just gonna say a lot of Stewart's storylines are romance drama centered around characters who have no personality and give us no reason to care about them. Meanwhile, Superman literally has an episode where he grows a beard, fights monsters with swords, and then chills out with Vandal Savage. John doesn't undergo a character arc at all, he is literally defined by his boring personality and his romance subplots.

Wasteland Superman would be such a rad costume, holy poo poo.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Brett824 posted:

You people don't have a clue. You live in your little bubble where you learn your prescribed combos and that's all. As an example EVERY (and i mean EVERY) Batman player now does the exact same thing. Same with pretty much all the characters. You've created and allowed to be created a tedious repetitive game with no room for variety or creativity because the one uber combo is the only and most effective way to play. Yet half the cast is hosed as a result of decisions like these. Characters with few answers to zoning or speed rushdown don't stand a chance.

All true. That's why Doomsday is the ultimate pro character. No combos, no dumb throws like Grundy. Just pure skill.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

How the he'll can somebody seriously get upset about BnB combos?

I would say they were a Soul Calibur 2 fan, where combos played a reduced role as far as I can remember. I looked in Wikipedia and was freaking out - has it really been 10 years since I played Soul Calibur 2? Crazy.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Seems my lag isn't' so bad today. Any goons wanna play on XBL?

GT: InterstellarOwl

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh man Soul Calibur 3 is still the greatest fighting game ever created.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
That's all I want to do with the videos, just learn from them. That and entertainment.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
If anyone is OCD about unlocks, two of the injustice WB ID logins have been updated in the unlock thread in private games. They are now complete, with everything unlocked ( there are more portraits unlocked ).

E: Not on my iPad anymore so here's a link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3545295

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 24, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I would say they were a Soul Calibur 2 fan, where combos played a reduced role as far as I can remember. I looked in Wikipedia and was freaking out - has it really been 10 years since I played Soul Calibur 2? Crazy.

They played as much of a roll in SC2 as they do in most any other fighter. I suspect because of its attempts to market itself to a wide audience on all 3 of the major consoles out at the time plus its console exclusive characters attributed to a percentage of players getting it and not giving a poo poo about combos due to house rules or gamer honor or whatever.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

AndyElusive posted:

They played as much of a roll in SC2 as they do in most any other fighter. I suspect because of its attempts to market itself to a wide audience on all 3 of the major consoles out at the time plus its console exclusive characters attributed to a percentage of players getting it and not giving a poo poo about combos due to house rules or gamer honor or whatever.

Well back in 2003 there weren't fighting streams or anything like that, so I've actually never seen high level SC2. I remember there being a couple of follow-up moves but long combo strings...I just don't remember there being any. But that doesn't mean they weren't there - I don't have the eye of the tiger or will to win or whatever. I'm not good at figuring out what's abuseable in these games - I rely on the fine folks of this forum to give me guidance.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Pretty sure Soul Calibur 2 was entirely about picking Link and just doing his horizontal throw to ring people out.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

gannyGrabber posted:

Pretty sure Soul Calibur 2 was entirely about picking Link and just doing his horizontal throw to ring people out.

Playing a fighting game on the Gamecube? In some countries, they take your hands for that.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Playing a fighting game on the Gamecube? In some countries, they take your hands for that.

It's actually a well documented fact that the gamecube version of SC2 was superior to xbox and ps2's! Back in the good old days...

Anyways. Injustice thread.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

17 and 2 with Bane so far. By the power of my roided out luchador, these zone spamming pubbies shall know fear. :black101:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Anyone on 360 want to play superheroes? Toss an invite to Soonmot.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry

Seymour Butts posted:

It was nice to see fellow goon, SuddenBlackout make easy work out of Maximillian Dood in his most recently uploaded video. Cyborg is a loving rear end in a top hat though.

Thanks, I hate fighting superman since he builds meter so fast he can just super punish my zoning on reaction easy.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Injustice pools play is on at UFGT9 if you're interested.

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Huh. After 700 matches I finally got my no jumping icon/background. Now to just get the no ducking one...

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Does it have to be in ranked? i got no problem jobbing for ya.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

gannyGrabber posted:

Huh. After 700 matches I finally got my no jumping icon/background. Now to just get the no ducking one...

Do you have to win the match?

I will try to get both at once using only Grundy's bf3.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I got my first rage quit today in ranked as Batgirl fighting against a Superman.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SCV is actually pretty drat good, as long as you don't mind the non-multiplayer parts being literally 1/3 complete with no plans to finish them.

Like, there weren't even arcade mode endings. That's how rushed it was.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Soonmot posted:

I got my first rage quit today in ranked as Batgirl fighting against a Superman.

I swear Batgirl v Superman is a 10-0 match-up for her. That poor guy just gets owned.

^^^ WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT SC5. No Yun-seong killed the series.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

I swear Batgirl v Superman is a 10-0 match-up for her. That poor guy just gets owned.

Whaaaaaaat. If someone who plays Superman is also the same kind of player who would rage quit then that is not an accurate assessment of how well Superman does versus Batgirl when played by someone who knows what they're doing.

(Also yes, SCV rocks. Except for the inclusion of Algol. gently caress that guy)

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

404GoonNotFound posted:

SCV is actually pretty drat good, as long as you don't mind the non-multiplayer parts being literally 1/3 complete with no plans to finish them.

SCV is horseshit and anyone who likes it doesn't understand what a good game is. :colbert:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

gannyGrabber posted:

:hf: (Although I did find that Zwei continued my love of bottom-tier characters :v:)

I guess being a SC fan is another reason why I like Injustice. I basically play staff Nightwing like a 2D version of Killik, to varying degrees of success.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

404GoonNotFound posted:

Multiplayer and the character creator were amazing, that's enough to make SCV great. I didn't know there were so many people who disliked it, I thought V was considered by almost everyone to be one of the highs of the series.

I started trying out Sinestro. I like him, but I can't seem to beat other long range characters reliably. I can't beat a Deathstroke with him for the life of me, and even Nightwing has that weird thing with his staff that seems timed almost perfectly to disrupt me.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

SCV is horseshit and anyone who likes it doesn't understand what a good game is. :colbert:

Soul Calibur 5 is a well made fighting game with good online functionality and nobody plays it.

Soul Calibur 3 is a fighting game that completely killed the Soul Calibur scene in the U.S and Asia by being a buggy, horrible to play mess with no redeeming qualities except here's a lovely character creation mode and a bunch of a superfluous singleplayer horseshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8rWl9fQWY

Who says Soul Calibur doesn't have combos :v:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Soul Calibur 5 is a well made fighting game with good online functionality and nobody plays it.

Soul Calibur 3 is a fighting game that completely killed the Soul Calibur scene in the U.S and Asia by being a buggy, horrible to play mess with no redeeming qualities except here's a lovely character creation mode and a bunch of a superfluous singleplayer horseshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8rWl9fQWY

Who says Soul Calibur doesn't have combos :v:

I never played 3 since I didn't own a ps2. Don't have an opinion on that game. I did have 2 and 4 and both of those were great. I absolutely despised five though.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Well aren't we blessed to have never experienced Soul Calibur 3.

Hopefully NRS doesn't balance patch Injustice into being a bad game. Cross your fingers ya'll!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stop talking about Soul Calibur in this thread please. :(

Any word on when Batgirl's free meter burn will be patched? Or did they fix that while I wasn't looking?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

I keep hearing this slanderous rumor that there were Soul Calibur games between 2 and 5, but I just don't believe it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Lurdiak posted:

Stop talking about Soul Calibur in this thread please. :(

Any word on when Batgirl's free meter burn will be patched? Or did they fix that while I wasn't looking?

I would imagine it would happen in the next DLC character patch.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Well aren't we blessed to have never experienced Soul Calibur 3.

Hopefully NRS doesn't balance patch Injustice into being a bad game. Cross your fingers ya'll!

Make bane better, maybe make supes and aquaman less good. That's all I want from patches.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I would imagine it would happen in the next DLC character patch.

I hope so. I can see Batgirl being banned in tournaments until it gets fixed. Hopefully that's soon. Batgirl was released not long after Lobo so I hope the next one isn't that far off either. I just want them to announce it already.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
God drat we need a Soul Calibur 2-4 thread so I can argue in it.

Batgirl's free MB thing isn't -that- huge, is it? Of course, I don't combo with her, so what do I know.

It should be noted that spamming db2 into a overhead/low mixup is amazing and I think people who play me get really frustrated. Hit them with db2, dash in, use it again as they wake up! Are they trying to hit you? Use db2! Did they backdash out of the way of your first db2? Use it again!

I have won matches solely by using this move. I am a bastard.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

You're winning because the people you fight don't know that every variation of Batgirl's db2 is punishable by crouch blocking.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

As Sinestro, what can I do against a Deathstroke hounding me relentlessly with pistols? All of my long range moves seem too slow to interrupt him - at best we both each damage, at worst any move I try I'm knocked out of by pistol fire - and if I try to jump in I eat a blade spin to the face.

I know there must be a way to counter him, but this is the first fighting game I've ever tried to play more than just single player and the odd bout of couch multiplayer so I'm finding the learning curve a little rough.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Two more Injustice pools coming up in UFGT9: http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

As Sinestro, what can I do against a Deathstroke hounding me relentlessly with pistols? All of my long range moves seem too slow to interrupt him - at best we both each damage, at worst any move I try I'm knocked out of by pistol fire - and if I try to jump in I eat a blade spin to the face.

I know there must be a way to counter him, but this is the first fighting game I've ever tried to play more than just single player and the odd bout of couch multiplayer so I'm finding the learning curve a little rough.

Duck under high shots and shoot him during his recovery, or block low shots and then shoot him during his recovery.

• Locked thread