Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
New mixtape (Vol 7) from The Hood Internet on April 30th.

Link also has a really fun mashup of Kendrick Lamar and Giraffage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pumped for new Hood, also (if you weren't aware) Giraffage is a hometown goon hero.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

For people that like this sort of thing, I'm currently splitting the new Yacht Club DJs mixtape into separate tracks. I did the same thing with 'Talk is Cheap' some time ago, but Ludachrist provided a list of track lengths to go by. I'm making the cuts this time, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

That didn't take as long as I thought it would:

Download Find Me a Macchiato Pronto

I aimed for four-and-a-half minute tracks but had to adjust a few for smoother transitions, and just made up track names based on the songs that were used in each section. Hope it's okay. This is a really fantastic album and I'll be happy if this gets a few more people to check it out. :)

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Never heard of these guys, but I'm downloading your split and I'll check it out on my commute. Thanks for the effort and heads up.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Oggumogoggum posted:

That didn't take as long as I thought it would:

Download Find Me a Macchiato Pronto

I aimed for four-and-a-half minute tracks but had to adjust a few for smoother transitions, and just made up track names based on the songs that were used in each section. Hope it's okay. This is a really fantastic album and I'll be happy if this gets a few more people to check it out. :)

The actual CD release of the album has 18 tracks. They've not yet put titles in CDDB or anything so I can't grab track names yet like I did for Demons of Gymnastics, but here's the track lengths:

edit: I urge people to check out their albums, though - they're all fantastic. They're also touring the US soon so go see them cause they're hella fun.

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 19, 2013

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Ah! I didn't know it was being compiled as an actual album. I'll get rid of mine once theirs is available. Neat to know that our first and last tracks are the same length, though. :)

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Oggumogoggum posted:

For people that like this sort of thing, I'm currently splitting the new Yacht Club DJs mixtape into separate tracks. I did the same thing with 'Talk is Cheap' some time ago, but Ludachrist provided a list of track lengths to go by. I'm making the cuts this time, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Speaking of this, I've tried to download your split up version of Talk is Cheap 4 times but it keeps failing. Is this just me, or is there somewhere else someone could upload it?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Fantastic news!

quote:

The White Panda

Our upcoming album will be titled "Bearly Legal" and is slated for a June release. Get ready.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

webmeister posted:

Fantastic news!

Hmm, will it be a bunch of new material or just a bunch of their old material on one long medley like their last album?

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Geno posted:

Hmm, will it be a bunch of new material or just a bunch of their old material on one long medley like their last album?

Is that what the last album was? I guess I never realized it.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Shampy posted:

Is that what the last album was? I guess I never realized it.

Yeha, they put all their songs on their soundcloud/youtube and then just mash them together. They've made a lot of songs since their last album so I guess I won't be surprised if it's the same.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
That's what I'd expect, yeah. But Pandamonium and Bambooyah are two of my favourite mash up sets and I just want more!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I prefer Versus to Bambooyah. I'm excited for a new one though!

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Pandamonium wipes the floor with Bambooyah.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I just realized that I've never heard Pandamonium. I know what I'll be listening to while I walk my dog tonight.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
That new mixtape from The Hood Internet was released this morning: http://www.thehoodinternet.com/2013/04/the-mixtape-volume-seven.html

Starts off with that really great Divine Fits/King Louie mashup they released a couple months back that I just can't get tired of.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
New Later Babes

http://laterbabes.bandcamp.com/

Good so far.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

This is a good album guys. And listen to their first if you haven't already.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

canyonero posted:

That new mixtape from The Hood Internet was released this morning: http://www.thehoodinternet.com/2013/04/the-mixtape-volume-seven.html
w
That Trinidad James vs Madeon track is great.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Thanks for the heads-up.

I also just listened to DJ BAHLER - Clap Snap Snare for the first time and that was a great freaking album.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

poo poo poo poo i'm seeing hood internet tomorrow. I thought i'd never see the day.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
Is it known if Kids & Explosions is working on another album or anything? I really enjoyed poo poo Computer.

Also, is there any recordings of him live that don't sound terrible? I found a video and he does enough stuff differently that I would be curious to hear it.

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

In another few hours, the sun will rise!

Deathlove posted:

Thanks for the heads-up.

I also just listened to DJ BAHLER - Clap Snap Snare for the first time and that was a great freaking album.

One of my favorite albums of all time, mashup or not. It's just so well made and all of the songs just sound like they belong that way.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

enthe0s posted:

One of my favorite albums of all time, mashup or not. It's just so well made and all of the songs just sound like they belong that way.

I listen to a lot of mashups but not a lot of radio oddly enough. So a lot of the time, especially with that album the originals sound lovely and weird.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
http://vimeo.com/63809367

lets all just sit back and enjoy the awesomeness of dj schmolli

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

enthe0s posted:

Thanks for mentioning this, it's loving awesome.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

overtone posted:

Does anyone know who is behind Ludachrist, and why there hasn't been any new material?

Ludachrist was done by DNB legend + Evol Intent member Knick who went on to be Computer Club and lesser dnb bro Ewun aka Kill The Noise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al2aGA2nfBs

Those dudes were HARD but all of um started making bloghouse and mashup stuff and I stopped following them after that.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
New White Panda is out - https://www.facebook.com/thewhitepanda/app_220150904689418

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anywhere I can get this not on FB? Don't have an account at the moment

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Quantum of Phallus posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/crc1770v2332i7r/The_White_Panda_-_Bearly_Legal.zip

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/whitepandamusic/bearly-legal

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks duders

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I like it, though it's nowhere near as good as Bambooyah or Pandamonium. Haven't quite finished listening but there's nothing in there that really makes me sit up and go :wow: like Mo Money Mo Problems/Free Fallin' or Midnight City/Good Life.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi5uoaGdQ78

How are there not more Game of Thrones mashups?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

webmeister posted:

I like it, though it's nowhere near as good as Bambooyah or Pandamonium. Haven't quite finished listening but there's nothing in there that really makes me sit up and go :wow: like Mo Money Mo Problems/Free Fallin' or Midnight City/Good Life.

I'm diving in to White Panda right now and listened through both Bearly Legal and Pandamonium today. I had Pandamonium but never actually listened to it. What a mistake that was, these guys are fantastic. This is Milkman-level smooth.

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 17, 2013

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Nam Taf posted:

I'm diving in to White Panda right now and listened through both Bearly Legal and Pandamonium today. I had Pandamonium but never actually listened to it. What a mistake that was, these guys are fantastic. This is Milkman-level smooth.

Check out Bambooyah as well, I think it's probably their best.

I couldn't stand that Game of Thrones mashup, changing the time signature just makes the GoT theme lose all of its impact :(

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

webmeister posted:

I couldn't stand that Game of Thrones mashup, changing the time signature just makes the GoT theme lose all of its impact :(

Yeah, that and the Party Rocking song I just skip over. Rest of the album loving rules though.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

webmeister posted:

Its more that its just a hot mess with the drums / Rihanna overpowering the Game of Thrones theme to the point where it might as well not be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

webmeister posted:

I think you're right here. I spent the entirety of today with it playing at my desk. So many memorable mixes that just grab a perfect theme and run with it. Bittersweet Donald, Roc Woman, Mo Free Mo Fallin', Midnight Life and more. They all give me huge Milkman vibes in the best way possible (I'm thinking Controversy off Circle of Fiths or Another One from Algorithms). This is top shelf poo poo.