Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

52 cloves? Christ was this sponsored by big garlic or something?

But not 51, oh my no, that won't even scare the norovirus. 53 though and you're just overdoing it, regardless of your height, weight, age or any of that stuff big pharm wants you to think matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Content: garlic soup, the new miracle cure-all.

edit: Jesus, this recipe. 52 cloves of garlic, 2.5 cups of onions, serves 4. I think if you ate this soup, you would be able to kill people by breathing on them.

Huh... Well, perhaps this is part of some secret vampire hunting campaign?

And I love how no one's picked up on that bit at the end about preventing cancer.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I love garlic, totally making garlic soup. Maybe not with 52 cloves though. Will report back! I'll irradiate myself and see if cancer is scared away by my breath.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jellymouth posted:

Banned in the US: Planting trees, skipping, hula-hoops, ABBA, and whistles. When did this vague list of good-sounding things become illegal?

You've talked about the raw milk, no mention of the fishing part.

Two fucks from my hometown decided to net over the entire local fishing river last year, caught hundreds of fish, and went door to door selling them.
Sold only a fraction of them, and dumped the rest on waste ground. I heard you could smell the fish around town the next day.

This year there's gently caress all fish in that river now, they destroyed the population.
So yay libertarianism, gently caress the laws!

They also got the poo poo kicked out of them as their reward.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Previa_fun posted:

Where is this "Collecting rain water is illegal!!! Down with Monsanto!!!" poo poo coming from because it sounds like poo poo that didn't happen.

To be fair, Monsanto is pretty much the worst company, and it's bizarre that the anti-GMO people are focusing on the least offensive aspect of a company that sues 80-year-old farmers into the ground for growing the same plants they've grown for decades.

Rain water has nothing to do with it, though.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
Someone in Oregon, i think, was arrested and fined for blocking up rivers snow and rain water meltoff that refills rivers and storing the water in giant reservoirs on their property. It was reported by Fox and other news outlets as "Arrested for storing Rain Water!!!!!", probably because of the wording in the old rear end law they were cited under, and the conspiracy took off from there.

Pead has a new favorite as of 14:37 on May 25, 2013

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Since when was fishing using a fishing rod "nature"? Or did I miss the documentary about the fly fishing bears of the Yukon?

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Content: garlic soup, the new miracle cure-all.

edit: Jesus, this recipe. 52 cloves of garlic, 2.5 cups of onions, serves 4. I think if you ate this soup, you would be able to kill people by breathing on them.

You don't get the flu because no one wants to be in the same room as you.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unfortunately for the person that posted this, this doesn't apply to women.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007
I would love to invite the raw milk people out to my grandparents' farm for awhile. I feel like they're imagining one of those California cheese commercials where Bessie is singing and galloping through the fields when in actuality cows are nasty, dumb fuckers who spend all day eating grass coated in their own poo poo.

Look at this loving thing. Also, raw milk tastes pretty drat gross.

Pasteurization is literally just heating something to kill bacteria and then cooling it down. Of all the "unnatural" things you could protest against this has got to be the most inane. Please do not drink raw milk, people. Or worse, give it to your chidlren :psyduck:

In other news, guess how many days my friend has been posting these for?

If you guessed "every single day since she's been engaged" you'd be correct!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

My libertarian basket case FB friend is a goldmine of just the most ridiculous poo poo. All these are posted by the same person, except the orange censored ones are posted to his account that he completely unironically named after his dumb elf D&D character, while the red ones are posted to his personally named account.

Note: this guy has literally complained about being a Nice Guy (and everything associated with that) and on a different occasion said, and I quote: "I don't know any women who haven't hosed at least two guys at the same time". He wasn't taking the piss or anything either- he honestly said it as if it was an appropriate comment to make in a mixed gender room during a light discussion about gender politics. But no, it's everyone else that's the problem :rolleyes:

===========================================

edited to add that he's not above being a whiney, emo attention whore either:

thunderspanks has a new favorite as of 19:37 on May 25, 2013

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Silly Hippie posted:

In other news, guess how many days my friend has been posting these for?

If you guessed "every single day since she's been engaged" you'd be correct!

Good god, that's insufferable. I feel terrible for her fiance/fiancee.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Unfortunately for the person that posted this, this doesn't apply to women.

Women who go for well-toned, athletic guys are just shallow bitches. :colbert:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

happyhippy posted:

Two fucks from my hometown decided to net over the entire local fishing river last year, caught hundreds of fish, and went door to door selling them.
Sold only a fraction of them, and dumped the rest on waste ground. I heard you could smell the fish around town the next day.

This year there's gently caress all fish in that river now, they destroyed the population.
So yay libertarianism, gently caress the laws!

I sent this to a libertarian friend of mine. He replied with this:

quote:

Those guys were foolish. But i have no problem if a law protects people from other people, within reason. but people will do it if they can get away with it. Like with elected officials... rule of law does not apply in the US as is. you're just as bad as the person who gets away with it. All people have to do to let evil triumph is nothing;.
You seem to think it's ok for people to be elected with a vote. but not with money which in essence is the most pure form of choice. I'm not big business, because they can hire people to find loopholes in the system and loby for special legislation.
Government is a business. weather you think it or not trusting something with so much power is silly.
Giving people immunity to the law because they were elected by popular/electoral vote is as bad as creating a public aristocracy. Something many people who profess to wanting a strong middle class would be against.
My ideal society would have people pay for crimes. but there would be no victimless crimes. these idiots you linked hurt business, recreation, and consequently someones livelyhood due to their incompetance. LIBERTARIANS in the north american sense aren't anarchist.

:psypop:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I have a wife of a friend who is posting a image similar to that every single loving day until her husband gets home from deployment.

We are down to just 6 months! :suicide:

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Sorry to ruin your long weekend but people are dead.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How dare people have a nice time while honoring those lost in war rather than crying into graves.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
My favorite holocaust denier is back, this time he's doing the whole, "no, YOU'RE the real racist!!" thing with regards to...uhh, Indian doctors?

I'm not even sure what the gently caress he's complaining about, maybe that he wants white doctors to work in Ethiopia more for race reasons?

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Chello De Don posted:

My favorite holocaust denier is back, this time he's doing the whole, "no, YOU'RE the real racist!!" thing with regards to...uhh, Indian doctors?

I'm not even sure what the gently caress he's complaining about, maybe that he wants white doctors to work in Ethiopia more for race reasons?
KKK higher ups are one of the last things that I think of when I hear "humanitarian."

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Celery Face posted:

KKK higher ups are one of the last things that I think of when I hear "humanitarian."

Please tell me Dr.Duke is not a Grand Wizard and is just a grand rear end in a top hat.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Chello De Don posted:

Please tell me Dr.Duke is not a Grand Wizard and is just a grand rear end in a top hat.
Yeah, he used to be a grand wizard, is pretty involved with stormfront and was in the Louisiana House of Representatives for a couple years.

David Duke's wikipedia page posted:

Duke would repeatedly insist that the Klan was "not anti-black", but rather "pro-white" and "pro-Christian."
:rolleyes: Whatever you say, Mr. Segregationist.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 23:16 on May 25, 2013

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
The Klan ruined wizards for everybody.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Bertrand Hustle posted:

To be fair, Monsanto is pretty much the worst company, and it's bizarre that the anti-GMO people are focusing on the least offensive aspect of a company that sues 80-year-old farmers into the ground for growing the same plants they've grown for decades.
I don't think there's any actual instances of them doing that. They get called out a lot, but when you actually look into the details of the cases involved, they're basically always radically different from how they're portrayed.

Like, the most famous "Monsanto is an rear end in a top hat company" case is probably Monsanto Canada Inc. v. Schmeiser, which the anti-monsanto/anti-GMO activists (and Schmeiser himself) portray as the guy getting randomly sued after some of Monsanto's seed drifted onto his fields. Which, obviously, would be terrible. But this leaves out some rather crucial facts revealed at trial, such as that Schmeiser had in fact discovered the contamination of one of his fields with Monsanto seed, had isolated it by spraying the field with roundup herbicide (which kills most plants, but not the Monsanto 'roundup ready' crops), and had saved and replanted the seed from the surviving crop. In fact, some 95% of his crop in the year the case pertained to was the 'Roundup ready' variety, a level which cannot plausibly occur through simple contamination.

Personally, I don't like that genetic modification of crops is so much in the hands of private corporations. I'd prefer to see it done by public universities or something along those lines, with the products being free of encumbering licensing agreements, for the benefit of all. But given that Monsanto is a private business, it doesn't seem as though their behavior has been especially egregious, once you get past the hype surrounding it.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Celery Face posted:

Yeah, he used to be a grand wizard, is pretty involved with stormfront and was in the Louisiana House of Representatives for a couple years.

I think it's kind of funny (read: pathetic) that my FB guy picks up all this "pro white" stuff that Duke advocated, but skips over the "pro-christian" stuff because, you know, religion is oppression, etc.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
I don't really get a lot of stupid poo poo on my feed since I unfollowed my obligatory 2nd Amendment 'murrica friend, but my manchild/furry friend from high school really pushed the envelope with this one.

He's red and I'm blue. Normally he just posts stupid animal memes and video game stuff, but this came straight outta nowhere. I'm not even sure if he realizes why it's offensive.

e: gently caress, that last one should be blue.

Mr. Bones has a new favorite as of 00:16 on May 26, 2013

HighHobo
Aug 23, 2012
Cool guy red :

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
It's nice when a dude straight out admits that he's racist.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Jellymouth posted:

Banned in the US: Planting trees, skipping, hula-hoops, ABBA, and whistles. When did this vague list of good-sounding things become illegal?

I'm going to guess the one who posted this is a big fan of the :420:.

Because enough people have pointed out the problems with raw milk, not a cop in the entire nation will bust a 5 year old for fishing with out a license (along with I believe under a certain age you don't need one) and where is collecting rain water illegal. I think my city actually gives you a property tax break as long as your system is inspected.

Why don't they just say "gently caress the feds I wanna get high".

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This seems more like just a silly post about not having any money

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Macaluso posted:

This seems more like just a silly post about not having any money

Still, if said person is looking for employment... Yeah, probably not something you'd want any prospective employers to see if/when they do a background search of you on social media sites.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Regalingualius posted:

Still, if said person is looking for employment... Yeah, probably not something you'd want any prospective employers to see if/when they do a background search of you on social media sites.

Set your Facebook to private, and never friend work people.

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

Danica! posted:

Because enough people have pointed out the problems with raw milk, not a cop in the entire nation will bust a 5 year old for fishing with out a license (along with I believe under a certain age you don't need one) and where is collecting rain water illegal. I think my city actually gives you a property tax break as long as your system is inspected.

It was illegal in Colorado to collect rainwater until 4 years ago and only this year was a bill passed to allow people to collect greywater, which is water collected from showers, sinks, etc. It was illegal because they were worried about water rights distribution since Colorado sends so much of its water to other states like Arizona and California. These were only made legal after studies showed that something like 90% of that water never actually made it to rivers, but instead either evaporated or was used by plants.

That's what pisses me off so much about these bullshit micros, they don't acknowledge the actual reasons something may be illegal in the first place, and in the instances of pot and rainwater here in Colorado, have been made legal again once we learned more of the facts.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Who What Now posted:

Set your Facebook to private, and never friend work people.

How else is everyone in my department going to find out how much I like Dr. Who then?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

First, befriend an old high school student.

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.
This has been popping up on my feed

:sigh:

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

utada posted:

This has been popping up on my feed

:sigh:

What in the gently caress do people think chemicals are?

Also, for shits and giggles I checked on my all-natural toothpaste made of like licorice and fairy wings and poo poo. It has a black rectangle. I have been lied to. :byodood:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I only use products made with the finest subatomic particles :colbert:

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

Silly Hippie posted:

What in the gently caress do people think chemicals are?

Also, for shits and giggles I checked on my all-natural toothpaste made of like licorice and fairy wings and poo poo. It has a black rectangle. I have been lied to. :byodood:

I looked it up and the squares are actually a marker for the machine that crimps the end of the tube.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

N. Senada posted:

How else is everyone in my department going to find out how much I like Dr. Who then?

Just make incessant jokes that your cubicle is "bigger on the inside"; they'll catch on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Silly Hippie posted:

all-natural toothpaste made of like licorice and fairy wings and poo poo.

Ew! Licorice? :barf:

• Locked thread