Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

I said I didn't like this guy on another IWC board and they went apeshit on me.

What are your thoughts /wooo/?

Skinty McEdger posted:

Graves loves his tattoo's to the point that when people were telling him he would have to choose between them and one day getting in the WWE he went out and got more the next day with the attitude that if "I'm good enough I'll get there anyway."

He's about as far as you can get from being a phony. Cool guy.

"People" were telling him if he got any more tattoos the WWE wouldn't hire him? I'm guessing these "people" were probably closer to his father (legitimate tough guys rarely talk about their daddy issues) and not anybody who knows what they're talking about. Punk, Orton, Brodus, Del Rio, Big Show, Kofi, Christian, Mysterio, HBK, Undertaker, Rock: guess what guys? None of you will ever wrestle another match again because the WWE board of directors has discovered your TATTOOS!

This again seems like a story that Graves exaggerated and/or made up to try and sound more rebellious and hardcore. If Vince McMahon or any legitimate higher up WWE employee had a serious problem with wrestlers having tattoos, Graves would be selling out high school auditoriums instead of being on the cusp of a WWE callup.

Also no google results found for "keenan "if I'm good enough I'll get there anyway"" or "graves "if I'm good enough I'll get there anyway"" either so I'm not quite sure where you got that story from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Hamass posted:

Also no google results found for "keenan "if I'm good enough I'll get there anyway"" or "graves "if I'm good enough I'll get there anyway"" either so I'm not quite sure where you got that story from.

Well I heard the story first hand from him in 2005 when I went to the 1pw Q+A session before a show at the Doncaster Dome. I think they taped the session so if you want to look it up i'm sure its out there somewhere on youtube or whatever. The answer came after someone was asking about the "indy look" and if people were surprised by Punk getting signed by WWE. The guy's funny and genuine and I'm really sorry he gets you so riled up.

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

And no 20-year-old independent wrestler has ever exaggerated in a Q&A session to make themselves sound tougher.

You hear about the time WWE asked El Generico to take off his mask, and he responded by getting plastic surgery to permanently glue the mask onto his face? That guy's such a badass rebel.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

He wasn't trying to sound tough, in fact in every interview I've heard him do he comes across as quite self depreciating. You have to remember in 2005 there was a real feeling that the type of guys that would get signed would fit a certain look, much more so than now.

The guy loves ink, he made a choice to get more ink even if he felt it would work against him and is pretty confident in his skills. Back then he was probably too cnfident because he was a kid who thought he was better than he was, but he's grown up and developed as a wrestler.

He's got every chance of being a star.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Ahem. "Yeah you think so but haha he lied about that too dumb mark baw Corey Graves cut me off in traffic and slept with my mother". Did I cover all points that would have been in the next post?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Once I was trying to get out of bed for work and Corey Graves walked in and did a leg drop and told me to Stay Down(tm), I was late for work and I'll never forgive that poser Corey Graves.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Patware posted:

Once I was trying to get out of bed for work and Corey Graves walked in and did a leg drop and told me to Stay Down(tm), I was late for work and I'll never forgive that poser Corey Graves.

I heard that Corey doesn't even dig graves, what kind of a superstar is he gonna be? :rolleyes:

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

Eh, I'm entitled to my opinion of Graves even if everyone else absolutely loves him. Stories about how he rebelled against nameless people who told him to stop getting tattoos just seems like another hurdle he added to his backstory. Like the daddy issues. Just because Punk had a promo or two about how his alcoholic father made him straight-edge doesn't mean daddy issues should be an integral part of your gimmick. Yet everytime there's a Graves video package you can bet he'll bring up the daddy issues.

I'll stop arguing this point because it's clear the only response I'm getting is basically "NOOO HES THE BEST YOU CANT HATE HIM I HATE YOUUU"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Guys I was just boiling an egg and some of it splashed on me and it really hurt and I don't know how but somehow its Corey Graves fault.

Hamass posted:

Eh, I'm entitled to my opinion of Graves even if everyone else absolutely loves him. Stories about how he rebelled against nameless people who told him to stop getting tattoos just seems like another hurdle he added to his backstory. Like the daddy issues. Just because Punk had a promo or two about how his alcoholic father made him straight-edge doesn't mean daddy issues should be an integral part of your gimmick. Yet everytime there's a Graves video package you can bet he'll bring up the daddy issues.

I'll stop arguing this point because it's clear the only response I'm getting is basically "NOOO HES THE BEST YOU CANT HATE HIM I HATE YOUUU"

I'm honestly not all that high on him either, but you should stop arguing this point because you're being a pedantic dumbass about it, not because everyone else likes him.

"He's a phony!"
"Nah, he's pretty genuine and here's a thing he said once like 10 years ago."
"Oh yeah? Well I can't find THAT EXACT QUOTE on a Google search so you must be wrong!"
"Uh, I heard it straight from him in person."
"Well then he must be exaggerating! RARRG TOUGH GUY"

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Hamass posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo. As a dude who has an irrational hatred of a wrestler (loving Sheamus, the talentless hack) this post sounds like a man with tattoos touched you while talking about how cool his ink was. Corey graves is an okay dude, his gimmick is a bit meh but that still makes him less bland than a good chunk of the roster. 0 people have said he's the best but you're spending multiple posts whining about a future jobbers ink. Did you write a manifesto on why Shannon Moore sucks when he debuted?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
....so how 'bout that new NXT ep?

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

Yuriy posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo. As a dude who has an irrational hatred of a wrestler (loving Sheamus, the talentless hack) this post sounds like a man with tattoos touched you while talking about how cool his ink was. Corey graves is an okay dude, his gimmick is a bit meh but that still makes him less bland than a good chunk of the roster. 0 people have said he's the best but you're spending multiple posts whining about a future jobbers ink. Did you write a manifesto on why Shannon Moore sucks when he debuted?

I know I said I'd drop the issue but it's really not the tattoos, practically half the roster is tatted up and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The difference between Graves and someone like CM Punk is CM Punk doesn't tell stories about how THE MAN told him to stop getting tattoos but he said gently caress YOU and got MORE TATTOOS. It's the attitude I have a problem with.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Hamass posted:

I know I said I'd drop the issue but it's really not the tattoos, practically half the roster is tatted up and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The difference between Graves and someone like CM Punk is CM Punk doesn't tell stories about how THE MAN told him to stop getting tattoos but he said gently caress YOU and got MORE TATTOOS. It's the attitude I have a problem with.

Obviously you have not watched CM Punk's Best in the World DVD. That's pretty much what he spends the entire runtime doing.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
No instead he tells dumbass stories like the "What do my knuckles say? poo poo and brags about not taking painkillers after surgeries because he's a smarmy rear end in a top hat.

The dude is 20 something, it's probably still residual "No, gently caress you mom & dad" poo poo.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Never would I have thought I'd see the day where an argument against someone was how, by way of contrast, CM Punk (supposedly) keeps his mouth shut and doesn't rail against THE MAN. :stare:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hamass posted:

Yeah, that CM Punk surely never talks poo poo just to look like a badass in the face of THE MAN. What the hell are you on?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
this derail about tattoos or whatever the gently caress is going on is really dumb. lets talk about how much we hate bo dallas.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

DarkstarIV posted:

this derail about tattoos or whatever the gently caress is going on is really dumb. lets talk about how much we hate bo dallas.

Bo Dallas would totally get over if he had more (or any?) tattoos.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
People told Bo Dallas that he would never get signed if he were a smarmy douche. So he turned around and became an even smarmier douche.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Price Check posted:

People told Bo Dallas that he would never get signed if he were a smarmy douche. So he turned around and became an even smarmier douche.

That'll show his dad!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Perigryn posted:

The WWE style really dampens guys like Sammy Zane and Antonio Cesaro who can't just put on PWG-Style spotfests for 15 minutes. Honestly if they let the NXT/Superstars guys do their own thing they'd severely make a lot of upper mid-carders or semi main eventers look incredibly weak. I understand the WWE style really encourages a slower pace, more psychology, and lots and lots of rest holds to waste TV time but it's kind of boring when every single match on the card except for the odd main event is like that.

I wish the WWE would at least have a division of guys that they just let go all-out in opening matches that don't matter to pump the crowd up before 3-minute Orton headlocks

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 25, 2013

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

DarkstarIV posted:

I feel violated just looking at it :( Please go away and leave us with the better brother.

I wish Sami Zayn would stop too, but only in a 'stop being so bloody adorable' way. I look forward to seeing him and Cesaro feud more, I got a little bit excited with the impromptu match this week.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Bowns Dallas

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

Bowns Dallas

He looks like the deformed Young Buck the Jacksons kept locked in the attic.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I'm making a record of this - in 6 months we'll all love awesome douche heel dallas. Book it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Zyla posted:

I'm making a record of this - in 6 months we'll all love awesome douche heel dallas. Book it.

Sorry but I'm pretty sure the hate he gets is the Lucky Cannon or Jacob Novak kind.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Germ Incubator posted:

I wish Sami Zayn would stop too, but only in a 'stop being so bloody adorable' way. I look forward to seeing him and Cesaro feud more, I got a little bit excited with the impromptu match this week.

I got a huge kick out of Zayne attempting to one-up Cesaro on being multi-lingual.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zyla posted:

I already do.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Flameingblack posted:

The WWE style really dampens guys like Sammy Zane and Antonio Cesaro who can't just put on PWG-Style spotfests for 15 minutes. Honestly if they let the NXT/Superstars guys do their own thing they'd severely make a lot of upper mid-carders or semi main eventers look incredibly weak. I understand the WWE style really encourages a slower pace, more psychology, and lots and lots of rest holds to waste TV time but it's kind of boring when every single match on the card except for the odd main event is like that.

I wish the WWE would at least have a division of guys that they just let go all-out in opening matches that don't matter to pump the crowd up before 3-minute Orton headlocks

Yeah, when Jim Ross tweeted about the Zayn/Cesaro match being "Monday Night Raw worthy" it made me a little sad. It was a fine "WWE" match, but they could do much better.

I like Corey Graves and think he's got a unique look, but I keep waiting for someone to grab his suspenders during a match because that's the first thing I'd do. Graves trying to run away from Big E only to get yanked back by his suspenders would be a super fun spot.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Perigryn posted:

Audrey Marie's last appearance in the WWE was getting poked in the eye by a weirdo Aussie who couldn't remember her name.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Suben posted:

Audrey Marie's last appearance in the WWE was getting poked in the eye by a weirdo Aussie who couldn't remember her name.

Oh wow, I figured they'd at least taped a match between them for a future episode. That's right down there with the least dignified exits ever!

I'm pretty surprised they fired Audrey, as I was pretty sure given how hard she was being pushed in FCW that she would be the next Kelly Kelly. I can't say I'm terribly disappointed, though I thought she showed more promise as a heel than she had previously in her generic face role.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I Before E posted:

He looks like the deformed Young Buck the Jacksons kept locked in the attic.

His name was Malachi and he sucked at wrestling

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Is Bray Wyatt still a tank with a Ferrari engine? I have only seen a couple of promos, and they were actually pretty cool, but I can't shake him as Husky Harris from my mind. Change me.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Is Bray Wyatt still a tank with a Ferrari engine? I have only seen a couple of promos, and they were actually pretty cool, but I can't shake him as Husky Harris from my mind. Change me.

He's in the Foley boat, where his ring-work is nothing special if you're going by "workrate" or whatever, but no-one minds because his psychology and promo work is so good.

(e) \/\/\/

Yeah, that too. Guys like the Wyatt Family, or when they were around, the Ascendance, were treated with total seriousness. And that's why I'm worried for Bray being called up. All he needs is Cena to mention Husky Harris, and the train is off the tracks.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 25, 2013

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Yeah Bray's big strength isn't in what he does, but he knows how to build up simple things to have significance. He's got this presence that really works in the small arena, and looks every inch the star. Whether that presence will carry over to the big stage is anyones guess.

I think one of the biggest positive of NXT booking is that his and other wrestlers gimmicks are treated with absolute respect. You don't have babyfaces making wry comments about him ala Cena or Trips.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Well poo poo, considering how Foley is my favorite promo in the business, I should give Wyatt a try.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's really goddamn weird how divorced he is from the Husky Harris days. Husky looked fat and always bored to be there. As Wyatt, he looks like he's dropped 50 pounds and is possessed by the spirit of Waylon Mercy.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Renaissance Spam posted:

Bo Dallas would totally get over if he had more (or any?) tattoos.

We should start a petition to have Bo Dallas get Umaga-style face tattoos.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DeathChicken posted:

It's really goddamn weird how divorced he is from the Husky Harris days. Husky looked fat and always bored to be there. As Wyatt, he looks like he's dropped 50 pounds and is possessed by the spirit of Waylon Mercy.

The only time Husky Harris drops fifty pounds is when he spills his dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TEGGS posted:

We should start a petition to have Bo Dallas get Umaga-style face tattoos.

He should just have a whole bunch of temporary tattoos.

• Locked thread