Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Mega64 posted:

But there's the "Mix up these battles and require different, more unique tactics while upping the difficulty a decent bit" thing, and then there's the "Let's rebalance classes in a game built around directly upgrading classes, let's beef the monsters to ridiculous levels to make up for having a three enemy limit, let's make it more tedious to change jobs, let's not modernize anything including adding some loving save points" thing that made FF3DS so crap.

When Matsui finishes fixing 11, all that will be left of Hiromichi Tanaka's grisly vision of game balance in the 21st century will be Final Fantasy 3 DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Anyone know/have a quide to quick Chocobo breeding in 7?

The one I used last time I played the game:

Catch a male and a female Good chocobo in the Gold Saucer Area.

Catch one male and one female Great chocobo in Mideel Area

Feed and train your four chocobos. Make them reach class B at least, class A if possible.

Mate a Good chocobo with a Great one with a Carob Nut to get either a Blue or Green chocobo. Repeat with more Good/Great combos to get the other color in the other gender. After that, release the parents.

Feed and train your Blue and Green chocobos. Make them reach class A at least, class S if possible.

Mate the Blue chocobo and the Green chocobo with a Carob Nut to get a Black Chocobo.

Catch a Wonderful chocobo of the opposite sex of your Black one.

Feed and train your Wonderful and Black chocobos. Make them reach class S.

Mate the Wondeful chocobo and the Black chocobo with a Zeio Nut to get a Gold chocobo.

Note that you can get any set of Good and Great can make either a Blue or a Green. I just kept resetting and loading until I got opposite gender Blue and Green. The classes refer to the Chocobo Race class. Both of those nuts can only be acquired from stealing / killing certain enemies.

E: To save time checking on what quality of chocobo you caught, they battle formation of your enemies tells you what they are before you even catch them, stolen from the same guide:

Gold Saucer Area: You can find either Average chocobos or Good chocobos. Since we want the Good sort, we're only interested in chocobos that we meet in an enemy group with two Spencers - you can feel free to run from the other battles with a chocobo, because they will always be of the Average type.

Mideel Area: You can find either Fair chocobos or Great chocobos. We want the Great ones, of course, and they come along with Spirals. One of the chocobos here can also teach you the Chocobuckle enemy skill (see below on how to do it).

Icicle Area: You can either find Weak chocobos or Wonderful chocobos. Wonderful chocobos are found in encounters where the Jumpings are the only enemies (a Weak one comes along with a party consisting of a Bandersnatch and a Jumping: you can stay away from this one).

Jibo fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 26, 2013

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Shaezerus posted:

When Matsui finishes fixing 11, all that will be left of Hiromichi Tanaka's grisly vision of game balance in the 21st century will be Final Fantasy 3 DS.

Doesn't Tanaka work for GungHo now?

They can clean up the mess he left at SE, but he still lurks in the shadows, looking to ensnare future generations into his deadly traps.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Jibo posted:

The one I used last time I played the game:

Catch a male and a female Good chocobo in the Gold Saucer Area.

Catch one male and one female Great chocobo in Mideel Area

Feed and train your four chocobos. Make them reach class B at least, class A if possible.

Mate a Good chocobo with a Great one with a Carob Nut to get either a Blue or Green chocobo. Repeat with more Good/Great combos to get the other color in the other gender. After that, release the parents.

Feed and train your Blue and Green chocobos. Make them reach class A at least, class S if possible.

Mate the Blue chocobo and the Green chocobo with a Carob Nut to get a Black Chocobo.

Catch a Wonderful chocobo of the opposite sex of your Black one.

Feed and train your Wonderful and Black chocobos. Make them reach class S.

Mate the Wondeful chocobo and the Black chocobo with a Zeio Nut to get a Gold chocobo.

Note that you can get any set of Good and Great can make either a Blue or a Green. I just kept resetting and loading until I got opposite gender Blue and Green. The classes refer to the Chocobo Race class. Both of those nuts can only be acquired from stealing / killing certain enemies.

E: To save time checking on what quality of chocobo you caught, they battle formation of your enemies tells you what they are before you even catch them, stolen from the same guide:

Gold Saucer Area: You can find either Average chocobos or Good chocobos. Since we want the Good sort, we're only interested in chocobos that we meet in an enemy group with two Spencers - you can feel free to run from the other battles with a chocobo, because they will always be of the Average type.

Mideel Area: You can find either Fair chocobos or Great chocobos. We want the Great ones, of course, and they come along with Spirals. One of the chocobos here can also teach you the Chocobuckle enemy skill (see below on how to do it).

Icicle Area: You can either find Weak chocobos or Wonderful chocobos. Wonderful chocobos are found in encounters where the Jumpings are the only enemies (a Weak one comes along with a party consisting of a Bandersnatch and a Jumping: you can stay away from this one).

What greens should I be feeding them?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

What greens should I be feeding them?
Greens are irrelevant unless you plan to race them, in which case you should be feeding your racers the most expensive poo poo sold by the Chocobo Sage. Unless you mean which ones you should be feeding them just to catch them in the first place, to which the answer is pretty much anything sold at the Chocobo Ranch.

v I was gonna say Gyshal because you're right, but I didn't because I get the feeling that the game doesn't actually call it Gyshals :downs:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 26, 2013

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Gysahl are great for catching them. The more expensive ones actually make them wait less time.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Anyone know/have a quide to quick Chocobo breeding in 7?

This is the guide I used. I like this one because it actually goes into how to use RNG manipulation to get what you want.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

So someone just found a new sidequest in Final Fantasy IX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vYMDCuS_lA
It rewards a protect ring.
As a reminder, the game came out in like 2000 here.
I blame the lovely strategy guide :v:

I also just love when poo poo like this is found in games way after they're released, the fact that IX has been my favorite final fantasy is just icing.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So this guy from XIII-2 sounds like an awful lot of failed wank.

Is it true that Square said he was the strongest villain in the series? I hope not. I hope that is some really bad translation.

And he's also supposed to be a sympathetic anti-villain or whatever but most I've talked to say he fails at that.

But on the bright side, it got me thinking about which FF villain I did feel sorriest for. I was surprised to realize there really aren't that many Big Bad tragic villains in the series. The only ones I can think of are Kuja, Seymour(if you count him as the main villain of FFX) and Shuyin. I guess The Emperor was trying to revive his daughter or something? But that poo poo ain't ever said in the game.

But the rest are all pretty generically evil jackasses. Gotta look to the secondary bad guys if you want more sympathetic motives or backstories. (Gabranth from XII, The Turks from VII, Rosch from XIII and pretty much all the antagonists from IX except Zorn & Thorn)

RME posted:

I also just love when poo poo like this is found in games way after they're released, the fact that IX has been my favorite final fantasy is just icing.

How does stuff like that even happen? The internet has failed me.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 27, 2013

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

RME posted:

So someone just found a new sidequest in Final Fantasy IX

Looking at the requirements in the video description, I'm not surprised that it wasn't found early on. Rather, I'm surprised that for all the people that have undoubtedly trawled through all the minutia in the code no one found it before now.

...And given the arcanely bullshit requirements, that's definitely an FF9 quest alright. What I don't get, is how you're actually meant to do it. Doesn't gaining access to Memoria shut you out of every town in the game by having their entrances blocked by Iifa Tree roots or something?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Dragonatrix posted:

Looking at the requirements in the video description, I'm not surprised that it wasn't found early on. Rather, I'm surprised that for all the people that have undoubtedly trawled through all the minutia in the code no one found it before now.

...And given the arcanely bullshit requirements, that's definitely an FF9 quest alright. What I don't get, is how you're actually meant to do it. Doesn't gaining access to Memoria shut you out of every town in the game by having their entrances blocked by Iifa Tree roots or something?

It does lock you out of a lot of locations but the vast majority of the actual towns are still available

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dragonatrix posted:

The tree root thing happens at the start of disc 4 and doesn't block off every town, just some of the smaller places that has no real reason to return to anyway.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

RME posted:

That sure is a thing. Wow.

Dragonatrix posted:

...And given the arcanely bullshit requirements, that's definitely an FF9 quest alright.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
FF9 truly is the best game. :allears:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Now I gotta go read The White Dragon's LP of it again, ha. That was a good game and a good thread :unsmith:

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

Is it true that Square said he was the strongest villain in the series? I hope not. I hope that is some really bad translation.

And he's also supposed to be a sympathetic anti-villain or whatever but most I've talked to say he fails at that.

But on the bright side, it got me thinking about which FF villain I did feel sorriest for. I was surprised to realize there really aren't that many Big Bad tragic villains in the series. The only ones I can think of are Kuja, Seymour(if you count him as the main villain of FFX) and Shuyin. I guess The Emperor was trying to revive his daughter or something? But that poo poo ain't ever said in the game.

But the rest are all pretty generically evil jackasses. Gotta look to the secondary bad guys if you want more sympathetic motives or backstories. (Gabranth from XII, The Turks from VII, Rosch from XIII and pretty much all the antagonists from IX except Zorn & Thorn)

Jecht?

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Holy poo poo. I'm surprised The White Dragon didn't find this in his extensive LP of the game, but then again, if he did, it would be the first time ANYONE found it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

NikkolasKing posted:

Sephiroth is sympathetic to some degree; he was basically a test tube supersoldier and his "father" is one of the most reprehensible characters in the series. He's clearly a crazy dick, but you can understand how he got there. There's an implicit sense, although I don't know if there's any textual evidence even in the Japanese script to support it, that Kefka's madness could be a byproduct of him being the first Magitek Knight. It would certainly fit into the aesthetics of the game, and the warning against using sentient creatures as tools and test subjects that we get with the espers, Terra, and Celes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

There's an implicit sense, although I don't know if there's any textual evidence even in the Japanese script to support it, that Kefka's madness could be a byproduct of him being the first Magitek Knight.

It is in the script even in the English version. One of the soldiers tells you about it.

"Here's one for you... That guy Kefka? He was Cid's first experimental Magitek knight. But the process wasn't perfect yet. Something snapped in Kefka that day..."

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 27, 2013

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

NikkolasKing posted:

How does stuff like that even happen? The internet has failed me.

Golbez was the Big Bad long enough that I would count him. He did some pretty bad things, but ultimatum was not done by his will (mind controlled by an ancient moon man who had been imprisoned so long, his hate and rage became physical manifestations .

Kefka was, well I can't say he wasn't an rear end in a top hat before, but there is a line of dialog that states he was the first test rat for Cids device to imbue a person with magic. The process was flawed and shattered his mind.

Even Sepiroth was a hero, loved by the masses. Respected by his peers, but a bit cold, distant. Then he finds out that he was likely grown from something they dug up, and as he read more and more, Well he really just couldn't handle it and his mind broke. After seeing what was in the reactor, and essentially having his identity, his whole reality come tumbling down, it's a bit understandable.

And I don't want to bring up another argument about FF8, but you could consider Ultimacia a tragic figure IF you ascribe to the "Riona is Ultimacia" theory.
Personally, I like the game, despite it's flaw, and agree that it could have been so much better with a more coherent storyline.

I've never finished FF2, nor played much of FF3j. Haven't finished FF10 yet, and never seen looked at anything between 11 and whatever they are up to now days.
FF1 has Garland, who was a respected knight of the realm but fell for reasons(?), and through plot devices created a time loop that's hinted at having occurred numerous times. Garland gets sent to the past, where he sends the four fiends into the present. At the end, you travel to the past to fight Garland, who has become Chaos. In killing him, you break the time loop at it's source, and when the Warriors of Light return to the present, well Nothing they did in the game EVER loving HAPPENED. By your own deeds, you have erased your accomplishments.
So, heros save the day, but no one knows it, not even themselves.

Edit: Looking at a wiki, seems theres been some game where he was developed a bit

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 27, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I can't check the video, what are the steps for the FF9 quest that made people miss it for 13 years?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Sephiroth is almost the textbook definition of a tragic herovillain.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

You spelled "Delita" wrong. And since we're talking about sympathetic Final Fantasy badguys he's a great example. He isn't the antagonist as such, and to an extent him and Ramza are even working toward the same end (a better Ivalice free of the machinations of the current corrupt lords and clergy), but from a certain perspective I think you could argue that he's the best villain in the game. The realization of his pyrrhic victory at the end is one of the most tragic scenes in any JRPG, much less this series.

drat, Wiegraf's a fantastic example too. A war hero who fights authority for a justifiable cause when he's hosed out of his benefits and due honors as a soldier, who maintains his moral code and refuses to condone the kidnapping of Elmdor, and lets him go only for the same nobles who saved Elmdor to run down his sister and his comrades. He then sells his sword to the Templars for a chance to liberate Ivalice from the nobility and take vengeance on Ramza, only for Izlude to ride off and leave his rear end to die at Orbonne too. And then he sells his soul to the devil for one last vengeful rampage.

Baku fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 27, 2013

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Yes. You're absolutely right with that. He's the best example from the series, but Sephiroth did deserve a mention.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

You spelled "Delita" wrong. And since we're talking about sympathetic Final Fantasy badguys he's a great example. He isn't the antagonist as such, and to an extent him and Ramza are even working toward the same end (a better Ivalice free of the machinations of the current corrupt lords and clergy), but from a certain perspective I think you could argue that he's the best villain in the game. The realization of his pyrrhic victory at the end is one of the most tragic scenes in any JRPG, much less this series.

Breaking into a non-FF game here, but you see a similar theme in Suikoden 2. Two friends at odds, because they take different paths to the same goal. (or because two runes were using them as puppets to play out an eternal war)

I have never finished FFT. I always get to the 2nd chapter and get slaughter by random battles. Or maybe it was 3rd chapter? I know I did the bit after the one on one fight with Galfgarion.

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 27, 2013

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I can't check the video, what are the steps for the FF9 quest that made people miss it for 13 years?

1. See the cutscene outside the Tantalus hideout in Lindblum with the -neros on disc 4.
2. Advance the plot in some permanent way, such as seeing a cutscene or killing a boss.
3. Return to the Tantalus hideout and see the next little bit of (very similar) cutscene.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 until you've seen a total of 9 (?) cutscenes, after which point a chest with a Protect Ring spawns inside the hideout. (Also, if you keep doing it after that, it just loops back from the beginning. Not enough plot points to do it all twice.)

Progress is not cumulative, so if you progress the plot by five steps without checking, you still only see one new cutscene, not five, when you go check.

So you have to backtrack out and in of Memoria an awful lot to see it all, which is why it's not the sort of thing people would generally stumble upon - Memoria is often done in a single large trip, after all. So a random person, even if they do diligently run around Lindblum for the hell of it, might see cutscene #1 early on, maybe cutscene #2 after some initial plot stuff, and cutscene #3 when they backtrack out at the endgame, but that'd be it.

In general this just overall reminds me that I'm :allears: for FF9 and should really replay it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

From the description:

quote:

If you go to the Tantalus hideout at the beginning of disc 4, you will find Zenero and Benero wondering where Marcus and Cinna are. You've likely seen this before, but this is actually the beginning of a side quest. Now, head to Memoria and proceed until you watch a cut-scene or fight a boss. Then head back to the hideout to find Genero wondering where Benero and Zenero are. Then repear this process seven more times and every time you go back to the hideout, you will find a new member of the family. The last five are girls and the final one seems to be a child, as she is really small. Once you talk to her, Zidane will comment on the huge family and you will now find a new chest containing a Protect Ring inside the hideout.
You can advance it via the fiend fights and a bunch of cutscenes, 17 triggers total.

e: f,b

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It's been quite some time since I've ran through FF9. Is that worth all that trouble? Most protect rings in other FFs are early tier accessories.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

It's actually a very nice general purpose defensive accessory. That said, you get three freebies from other sources and can buy more from the much-lauded chocobo mini-game (for, mind you, a crazy high amount of points), so it's not technically necessary even if you want all four of your party members to have one.

So... worth it? Probably not. But then, the same can be said of many sidequesty things in FF9. If you're only judging worth from a practical benefit, you'd skip a lot of optional content in the game.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I don't think it's "worth it" strictly speaking, but Protect Rings are pretty good items in that game (and most of them actually) and pretty much any single item you got from a sidequest like that wouldn't be worth it. The Excalibur 2 sure the gently caress isn't worth it.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008
You can also learn Half-MP, Long Range and Mag Elem Null from it, which while not really overpowered are nice skills to have.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Sephiroth is sympathetic to some degree; he was basically a test tube supersoldier and his "father" is one of the most reprehensible characters in the series. He's clearly a crazy dick, but you can understand how he got there. There's an implicit sense, although I don't know if there's any textual evidence even in the Japanese script to support it, that Kefka's madness could be a byproduct of him being the first Magitek Knight. It would certainly fit into the aesthetics of the game, and the warning against using sentient creatures as tools and test subjects that we get with the espers, Terra, and Celes.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

The problem with Sephiroth being a tragic villain is that no one ever really feel sorry for him and that includes the writers. He goes crazy in Nibelheim and in every other scene he's just flat out evil. There is no hint of humanity left within him.

Can you be a sympathetic villain when the only thing saying you're sympathetic was one mildly interactive thirty minute cutscene and everything else in the game paints you as a monster? I think the bad guy needs to have something more to him than that. Like Kuja. He did nothing but evil things for the entire game but there was always an underlying sympathetic motivation and of course his end showed that we were supposed to pity him to an extent.

For my part, Flashback Sephiroth and the Sephiroth of the game always felt like completely different characters. Different personalities, different motives, different goals... He went from "I want to take the Planet back for mother MWAHAHAHA!" to "I want to be a God!"

He wasn't really a villain though - just a dude who got possessed by a villain.

That's also why I didn't include Golbez on my list. He was just Zemus' pawn so I don't know if you can consider him the Big Bad of IV.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Vayne can be a fairly sympathetic villian, looking at it from the right angles. He just made a bunch of really bad choices.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

NikkolasKing posted:

The problem with Sephiroth being a tragic villain is that no one ever really feel sorry for him and that includes the writers. He goes crazy in Nibelheim and in every other scene he's just flat out evil. There is no hint of humanity left within him.

For my part, Flashback Sephiroth and the Sephiroth of the game always felt like completely different characters. Different personalities, different motives, different goals... He went from "I want to take the Planet back for mother MWAHAHAHA!" to "I want to be a God!"

He wasn't really a villain though - just a dude who got possessed by a villain.

That's exactly right, and exactly why you're wrong. He was possessed by Jenova and manipulated. Just like Cloud but to a much higher degree, he is a puppet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ApplesandOranges posted:

Vayne can be a fairly sympathetic villian, looking at it from the right angles. He just made a bunch of really bad choices.
I actually felt bad for Dr. Cid on some levels. He was a total dickbag, up to and including trying to run his son's life and then trying to kill him, but he had direct conversations with basically-God, who was telling him where to point his research, and his ultimate end goal was freedom from a bunch of awful morons who think the best way to run the world is to make prospective kings trek halfway across it in order to prove their worthiness to go somewhere even more dangerous and get their hands on basically-nukes. Not so much that he was good, but that he clearly had some good ideals, and that the alternative to him was worse. It was interesting how much I could feel bad for this completely insane dude trying to murder me.

e: also anyone in that game who didn't talk in iambs automatically got points for me after I met the Occuria

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

e: also anyone in that game who didn't talk in iambs automatically got points for me after I met the Occuria

By and away the worst part of that game, yet the one I really should have seen coming.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The only time I think they successfully made Sephiroth even remotely sympathetic was in Crisis Core where they actually portray his as an okay guy before the Nebelheim stuff and it makes his personality change seem pretty significant. In the original game he's kind of weird even before he goes batshit.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I actually felt bad for Dr. Cid on some levels. He was a total dickbag, up to and including trying to run his son's life and then trying to kill him, but he had direct conversations with basically-God, who was telling him where to point his research, and his ultimate end goal was freedom from a bunch of awful morons who think the best way to run the world is to make prospective kings trek halfway across it in order to prove their worthiness to go somewhere even more dangerous and get their hands on basically-nukes. Not so much that he was good, but that he clearly had some good ideals, and that the alternative to him was worse. It was interesting how much I could feel bad for this completely insane dude trying to murder me.

XII is an awesome game and it's easily the most morally ambiguous FF title. That in turn creates a lot of great and fascinating discussions but it also creates a lot of arguments and varied viewpoints that will never be resolved.

For my part, Vayne was worse than the Occuria. What Vayne proposed was tyranny of man instead of tyranny of gods. The problem is that the Occuria's tyranny was rather indirect and you could go hundreds of years without even thinking about them. Vayne and Archadia? Not so much. Oppose them and they'll roll on into your city and blow it up with a giant dragon thing.

Yeah, the Occuria handed out nukes but the first time they did this it ended a giant war and created a golden age of peace. The second time they did it because humanity had access to an extremely dangerous power. It's important to remember that the Occuria are sitting on something that utterly dwarfs all other Nethicite used iN ivalice's history. They could blow up the whole planet if they chose. And yet they don't - they give small, tactical nukes to people as a means of preserving peace.

Look at it this way. If Vayne and the others hadn't gone around murdering the Pope and innocent people, the Occuria wouldn't have even gotten involved in FFXII. They would have kept to themselves.

I liked the Occuria quite a lot myself.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 27, 2013

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda reveals some of his plans for the company.

The highlights: less opaque development cycles (likely a direct response to the FF Versus XIII fiasco, he also says Kickstarter and Steam Early Access are inspirations), putting some actual goddamn effort into original mobile games ("console-quality" is the exact phrase used), and, less promisingly, a focus on region-specific titles rather than pursuing universal appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bongo Bill posted:

putting some actual goddamn effort into original mobile games ("console-quality" is the exact phrase used)

I dunno, I'd personally say that FF Dimensions hit that benchmark. Maybe I'm just crazy, though.

They just need more of that and less All The Bravest.