Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OZC
Jan 28, 2008
As soon as I saw the helmet, I laughed, because I knew it meant there were going to be people spergin' like mad about the silver highlight version from Dino Thunder being used. They flipped out last year when Shout used one of the promo pics that used the silver version with one of the MMPR DVD covers, so I expect this will be no different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Pink and Blue Space rangers look about exactly the same as they did over a decade ago. :stare:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I do love seeing the actors in the suits. One of my biggest disappointments as a child was learning that Jason David Frank (and the other Mighty Morphin guys) didn't do all of their own suit-work.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

toomanyninjas posted:

A commenter on Jefusion wondered if TJ is going to be Blue Space and Tommy is MMPR Green, then who was the Red Turbo running around in Legend War dreams.

Maybe they're trying to just forget about Turbo. They can't forget Samurai, but given the option, I'd totally forget Turbo.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

jivjov posted:

I do love seeing the actors in the suits. One of my biggest disappointments as a child was learning that Jason David Frank (and the other Mighty Morphin guys) didn't do all of their own suit-work.

Funfact: JDF actually did a lot of suit-work once he became the white ranger since they obviously didn't have any footage to go off of whenever he was around the Zyu suits.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SpazmasterX posted:

Funfact: JDF actually did a lot of suit-work once he became the white ranger since they obviously didn't have any footage to go off of whenever he was around the Zyu suits.
I thought that that was part of Zyu2?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SpazmasterX posted:

That makes child-jivjov inordinately happy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have, because I am the worst neckbeard, worked out how you can have all of the Rangers bar one active at the same time. MMPR, just have the original characters with maybe Aisha subbing in for Trini if they want to acknowledge her actress's death. Zeo, keep the same minus Tommy. Turbo would look to be the hardest, except the show itself gave us the best answer. Robot Turbo Rangers from Eltar. There ya go. Maybe Justin is the only human member of that team? Thus In Space falls into place and you can have your pick of Lost Galaxy Pinks.

The only one that is off about all this is Tommy, because he is the only Ranger to have more than one unique power set. Even then, in universe, he has at least one clone running around, plus he was a mad scientist for a few years, so I think that'd work itself out.

:spergin:

I am not a proud man, but I am a huge goddamn fanboy.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Burkion posted:

he has at least one clone running around

OH SNAP.

I forgot about his clone in the 18th century. I think the Green Ranger powers were somehow reactivated for him, iirc. Well, that settles it—this guy is the clone Tommy and the Red TimeForce ranger brought him back from (California?!) Colonial Times.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I thought that that was part of Zyu2?

Zyu 2 is Green Ranger poo poo before that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

I have, because I am the worst neckbeard, worked out how you can have all of the Rangers bar one active at the same time. MMPR, just have the original characters with maybe Aisha subbing in for Trini if they want to acknowledge her actress's death. Zeo, keep the same minus Tommy. Turbo would look to be the hardest, except the show itself gave us the best answer. Robot Turbo Rangers from Eltar. There ya go. Maybe Justin is the only human member of that team? Thus In Space falls into place and you can have your pick of Lost Galaxy Pinks.

The only one that is off about all this is Tommy, because he is the only Ranger to have more than one unique power set. Even then, in universe, he has at least one clone running around, plus he was a mad scientist for a few years, so I think that'd work itself out.

:spergin:

I am not a proud man, but I am a huge goddamn fanboy.

So if Justin is now an adult, if he uses his powers does he become a giant?

Edit: VVV To which the longterm fan response would be "...again?"

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 25, 2013

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wait a minute. Is Bouken Red played by Rodney Dangerfield?

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Waffleman_ posted:

I love how only two people in that picture actually look like they want to be there. Even JDF seems to be having his doubts.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sup Wes.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, Operation Overdrive don't get no respect, so it fits.

e: Wow, TimeRed looks old.

toomanyninjas fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 26, 2013

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

toomanyninjas posted:

Well, Operation Overdrive don't get no respect, so it fits.

e: Wow, TimeRed looks old.

Time obviously wasn't good to him.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Do we know when Megaforce is gona start airing again? I can't find anything other than that video from the cast saying "later this year".

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
No idea when it's airing, but apparently Tommy won't just be a Dragon this go around.

http://awwman.com/nps/main/2013/05/jason-david-frank-in-megaforce-as-green-and-white-rangers/

He's also going to be a Tiger! ...wonder if they'll still try to claim he's Native American?

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!
Had I written it, I would have had him pulled from various points of his timeline so he could appear as his own five-man team. Maybe they're going to have him able to use Ranger Keys to access all his old powers—I have to imagine he'll get a bigger role than some of the other cameo appearances.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

toomanyninjas posted:

Had I written it, I would have had him pulled from various points of his timeline so he could appear as his own five-man team. Maybe they're going to have him able to use Ranger Keys to access all his old powers—I have to imagine he'll get a bigger role than some of the other cameo appearances.

I'm sure if they're using the ranger keys like in Gokaiger, then they'll do a tribute team where each one is a different ranger that he played. Except maybe Turbo Red if they're devoted to sweeping it under the rug.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I wonder if the other actors there are wondering how much more Tommy's getting paid than them?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Justin_Brett posted:

I wonder if the other actors there are wondering how much more Tommy's getting paid than them?

I don't have a link handy, but JDF released a video saying that he's doing this for the fans, not the money. His paycheck is for the kingly ransom of $1

Edit: Logistically, he's probably getting a regular paycheck and will be donating it to some charity.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 26, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Sup Wes.
Christ, Wes. The past 10 years have not been kind to you.

(I'm still gonna watch the episode because Wes owns.)

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
On the other hand T.J. and Caddie haven't aged a day! It's insane how good they look.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
As a friend of mine said, unless they were going for a "Good god, he's old" look, it looks like they just caked powder on him, because these pics of him during the filming look like you'd expect...

So yeah, if they were trying to make him look a lot older than he should, they pulled it off. Otherwise, I don't know what the hell they did.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I kinda hope Tommy makes a joke about how "time has not been kind" :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Is that what business class looks like?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

OZC posted:

As a friend of mine said, unless they were going for a "Good god, he's old" look, it looks like they just caked powder on him, because these pics of him during the filming look like you'd expect...

So yeah, if they were trying to make him look a lot older than he should, they pulled it off. Otherwise, I don't know what the hell they did.
Please tell me the Megaforce staff is so incompetent that they actually made a guy who looks pretty good for 38 into a grandma.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Please tell me the Megaforce staff is so incompetent that they actually made a guy who looks pretty good for 38 into a grandma.

It's Megaforce, does that even need saying?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tae posted:

Is that what business class looks like?

On my international flights, that's what it looked like. Those seats can actually fold flat.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How long is Wizard dull?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

RBX posted:

How long is Wizard dull?

Never. :colbert:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

RBX posted:

How long is Wizard dull?
I've enjoyed it from episode 1, but I believe that it picks up around episode 8 or 9, when Haruto gets his first upgrade. Before that it follows a pretty simple identify enemy->solve problem->defeat enemy pattern and the characters aren't as strong as those seen in the previous Neo-Heisei series' to carry that I thought. But those episodes changed that up a little and Beast's introduction definitely stepped it up even more.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

RBX posted:

How long is Wizard dull?

Stick with it until a few episodes after Beast shows up. If you don't find Beast entertaining you might want to drop it entirely.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
If you think Wes looks old

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hahahhaha that's gotta be photoshop.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Dr Tran posted:

If you think Wes looks old

Jesus, Carter what happened to you?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well it has been about 13 years since Lightspeed Rescue. He's what, 35?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I bet he's still pretty badass.

Seeing these set photos make me want to watch the series again. Maybe I'll make a podcast about it.

• Locked thread