Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Took me a little while to get it, but it's a suit onesie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
The changing capitalization on the lamp guy reminds me of the 'insane' demon personality from Devil Summoner. "OlyMPic clAss aCTiVitYYYYYYYY!"

So, Spender is teleconferencing via dreams, then? Or maybe astral projection is a thing in the Paranatural universe.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Everyone ignore all that and check out this adorable bunny spirit and gigantic terrifying boxbot.

poo poo is truly about to go down.

Tupperwarez posted:

The changing capitalization on the lamp guy reminds me of the 'insane' demon personality from Devil Summoner. "OlyMPic clAss aCTiVitYYYYYYYY!"

It looks like the text is 'flickering', pretty cool.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
So... Zack reads Mike du Jour?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"Honestly, it's bad enough seeing you in my dreams every night!"

He's all tarted up for it :allears:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
There's just so much neat character stuff on this page. The liquor(?) bottle and two glasses, safe on the shelf with a clip of money sitting out in the foreground, news clipping about a maelstrom and what appears to be a topographical map (probably one of the Mayview hills). Spender is truly a land of contrasts and bad fashion.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
So far this chapter we've seen an ominous spirit, Max at games & pizza night with his family, Isabel and Ed after training, and Mr. Spender getting ready for bed.

Isaac is up next, and I have a feeling that Isaac is going to run into the spirit from the chapter's opening. And given that last chapter Mr. Spender insisted to whoever was on the phone "there are no monsters in Mayview", I have a feeling that Isaac is going to stir up some trouble and run into another group of spectrals. Probably tying back into the title page, with "PLAYER 2 START".

Last chapter Isaac also mentioned that he'd seen "others in those weird suits", and we see Mr. Spender's zipper onesie both on today's page and on the title page.

edit: I don't know how I missed the summary on the title page for Chapter Four: "Max and the Activity Club investigate supernatural activity in Mayview's backwoods on orders from Mr. Spender's superiors." :ms: I guess?

Brannock fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 24, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So it's hardly a surprise or anything, but I guess we can say 100% that Spender has Light/Darkness powers now then.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I'd imagine he's wearing a suit to bed to avoid those common 'going out in public in your pyjamas' dreams which can be extra embarrasing when you have visitors since if your suit is your pyjamas, you're never caught underdressed.

Always a step ahead, that Mr Spender.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

I'd imagine he's wearing a suit to bed to avoid those common 'going out in public in your pyjamas' dreams which can be extra embarrasing when you have visitors since if your suit is your pyjamas, you're never caught underdressed.

Always a step ahead, that Mr Spender.

He mentioned talking to someone (his superiors?) in his dreams. So he's probably wearing his suitpyjamas for that.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
All I know is, I want a set of suit-pyjamas. That is a look that just doesn't quit.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's not a one-piece. :colbert:

Why am I not surprised that those are actually something that exists? From the About Us page:

Suitjamas have been made famous by Barney Stinson in How I Met Your Mother's episode titled "The Front Porch" (season 4 episode 17). Ever since this day, as fans of the show we searched the internet without success for several years, trying to find a place to buy this magical item. Just when we were about to give in, we decided to look into the possibility of making our own! After over a year of research, production and design, what you see on this site is the final product of months of hard work and dedication to the cause. As we wanted these for ourselves, we needed to make sure they were absolutely perfect, until we finally were able to mass produce the worlds first suit pyjamas!

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
So no update today, because

Zack posted:

I've been looking forward to this next sequence forever and don't want it to disappoint. With another week I'll be able to do it justice.

Looking forward to whatever he has planned.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Guessing the dream-meeting is gonna be pretty psychedelic.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
No new comic until Friday. :( Apparently, it'll be the start of something big and he wants to get it just right.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Zack I love you please continue to be awesome.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

Zack I love you please continue to be awesome.

Zack likes you, too.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Onean posted:

It's not a one-piece. :colbert:

Yeah, it is. Look at the zipper. Notice how it extends from his stomach to below where his leg begins to bend at the hip? That thing is totally a onesie. :colbert:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

WeaponBoy posted:

Yeah, it is. Look at the zipper. Notice how it extends from his stomach to below where his leg begins to bend at the hip? That thing is totally a onesie. :colbert:

I was replying to the Suitpajama picture. It's not a one-piece, so it doesn't fit with the update. :colbert:

I'll admit that wasn't very clear in my post though. :v:

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
So did this comic go back to Fridays-only, or did it just skip this week's Monday update? What's the deal?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Haledjian posted:

So did this comic go back to Fridays-only, or did it just skip this week's Monday update? What's the deal?

Literally 7 posts above yours

quote:

Zack posted:

I've been looking forward to this next sequence forever and don't want it to disappoint. With another week I'll be able to do it justice.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Haledjian posted:

ThatPazuzu posted:

No new comic until Friday. :( Apparently, it'll be the start of something big and he wants to get it just right.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Huh, I thought it was just Memorial Day. Well, here's hoping that on Friday a swift jab will become six dolphins.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://www.digitalstrips.com/2013/05/digital-strips-324-review-paranatural.html

Some comic review thing did a podcast about Paranatural! I haven't listened yet but here it is anyway.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Literally 7 posts above yours

Weird, I think I missed a whole page. My bad.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Cheston posted:

Huh, I thought it was just Memorial Day. Well, here's hoping that on Friday a swift jab will become six dolphins.

Here's hoping that Isabel and Ed's grandpa is at the dream meeting and pissed at Spender for not properly training his progeny.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Samson and Filia join the brawl

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I love that there still are people in the backround in their jammies.

Paranatural is the best. :allears:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Does the person in the very bottom right have a possessed wig?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Those two bald guys in the bottom centre. Just eatin' their lunches. In their sleep :3:.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Great page, I love the Baron and Cody cameos on the yellow ring. We also get a glimpse of Spender's other spirit buddy in the fourth panel, oh boy! :can:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Alt-Text posted:

I used the extra week to write each and every one of these characters' backstories. Can't wait for their individual flashback arcs.

Alt-text, don't fail me now! :dance:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Odd, I wonder why there's no black levels, assuming each level is representing a color of spiritual energy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Akett posted:

Odd, I wonder why there's no black levels, assuming each level is representing a color of spiritual energy.

Maybe, maybe not. Spender exited onto pink and he seems to be yellow.

But if it does, black might be up above where we can see, after the hall curves out of sight.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Looks like each level's color has a different theme to it, too. Maybe a person's spectral color is a reflection of their personality in some way? The folks on the red level are all fightey-types it seems, while right above them the yellow folks are all business like Spender. And just above them the blues are sciencing it up hardcore.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Maybe, maybe not. Spender exited onto pink and he seems to be yellow.

But if it does, black might be up above where we can see, after the hall curves out of sight.

While he exited on the pink level, he came through a yellow door.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Akett posted:

The linework is black, so every level is black, silly.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I don't think it's supposed to be the spectral range, I think it's just a pretty rainbow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Looks like each level's color has a different theme to it, too. Maybe a person's spectral color is a reflection of their personality in some way? The folks on the red level are all fightey-types it seems, while right above them the yellow folks are all business like Spender. And just above them the blues are sciencing it up hardcore.

All the spectral energy we see being used on the red level is different colored, though? It looks like it's just a general area for sparring.

YES bread fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 31, 2013