Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I think I might have to upgrade my Katvatar because that face in panel 4 is amazingly :3:

A wonderful and heartwarming chapter end, thank you Tom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Tardigrade posted:

Next chapter will probably have nothing to do with it, but still.

I'm okay with this. Tom is good with offscreen character development, and I don't know if "awkward teen romance" is something that's going to get chapters devoted to it in the foreground. I'm sure we'll get snippets and comments here and there with Kat talking to Annie or Annie talking to Rey or Robot about how they're doing.

I'd almost be more worried if it does get screentime :ohdear:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

cathead posted:

I think I might have to upgrade my Katvatar because that face in panel 4 is amazingly :3:

A wonderful and heartwarming chapter end, thank you Tom!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Thanks dude, you're awesome!

edit:

If anyone wants my old one feel free to grab it:

cathead fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 27, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:toot:

I'm glad Paz was finally lucky.

Incidentally, people on the website that shan't be named are going insane with rage over this. It kind of reminds me of when they made the new Ultimate Spider-man black/hispanic.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:woop: Yay!!!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Let's take this opportunity to go back and remind ourselves of the glory that was Chibisoma.

*wipes a tear*

Never gets old.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Loaded the page, read it quickly, fistpump. Realized I did a fistpump for the happy resolution of two fictional girls in a possibly horribly awkward moment.

Fistpump'd again. No shame :3:

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

DekeThornton posted:

I'm not entirely sure Annie is the right person to ask for advice on romantic matters.
At least once she was surprisingly insightful once she got what was going on.
Also, at least for this one day, we have confirmation that Gunnerkrigg is located in the best of all possible worlds.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
I've never felt such relief at a comic update before. No hearts were broken this day. :3: Who knows how long their relationship will last, but man is it cute as hell right now.

I've always liked Paz, so I'm hoping this leads to her having more screen time.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Does this mean the avatar fairy is coming? I would be OK with that.

Megazver posted:

Let's take this opportunity to go back and remind ourselves of the glory that was Chibisoma.

*wipes a tear*

Never gets old.
I am sad I was not reading this thread when this happened.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
That was just the sweetest thing. I'm so happy I started reading in time for this :kimchi:
This is the best Monday.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Megazver posted:

*wipes a tear*

Never gets old.

If you turn todays page into an mp3 and play it backwards it says "This one's for you, Chibisoma".

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Well, that was so adorable I had to check this thread to see how many other people found it as adorable as I did. Kat's face on panel 4 is great but I'm partial to how hopeful Paz looks in the third panel :3:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

When I woke up this morning to see this I literally vomited rainbows :3:. Bravo!

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.
Bloody hell Tom, you are too good at this comic writing business

:3:s all around

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Hmm. Kat asks her parents what they'd think about her dating a girl. They think she's talking about Annie?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Sir, it's an emergency! We have hit peak adorableness!"

"To the lifeboats, men! We must escape the incoming tumblr flood!"

Short, downplayed, and totally on point. Good job, Mr Siddell.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rasamune posted:

I don't remember the chapter where Kat went to space and occupied Kron
How could you forget the best Dr Disaster interlude ever?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Goddamn it, Tom. You are amazing. :3:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I was worried I'd find an update full of sadness and heartbreak, but instead I got the most :3: -worthy update ever.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Kennel posted:

...and that was the last time we saw Kat or Paz. Their absence will never be explained.
We'll of course. You don't just tell everyone you've gone to a floating robot island together. With all the robots. except Boxbot.

Also, oh my god so much cuter than expected, why am I so emotionally invested in the happiness of fictional teenagers :kimchi:

Poistra
Mar 11, 2011
Outrageous Lumpwad
Adding my appreciation to this chapters :3: ending. I read this comic every Monday and today it put me in such a ecstatic mood.

Don’t think I have ever had something I read on the Internet do that for me.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This is the :3: -est way to start a work day. I'll probably even do some actual work today, that's how :3: I feel.

I'm just so glad that both get to be happy. Just look at me, a 30 year old so emotionally invested in webcomic characters. Siddell this is all your fault! :cripes:

The only thing left is to sit back and search for some angry comments to laugh at. Maybe Draw? Do some drawing?

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 27, 2013

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Knowing Tom's lust for money, the clear course of action now is to :goon:-donate so that he eventually builds up a Pavlovian association between his beloved cash and :3:-inducing chapters.

Wikiman
May 30, 2011
My poor heart is exploding. Also joining the chorus of "Kat's jacket is amazing".

I didn't even realise that the Treatises were the chapter before and not the one after. Boy I feel like a dumb.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
I debated staying awake for the 3:00 a.m. comic. I couldn't do it but it was kind of nice to read all the other reactions before I posted.

SO excited to see how this goes for them! Paz is so brave!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

There aren't enough :3: in the world. So glad I was wrong in my attempts at treatise sooth-saying. When I saw the large-ish number of new posts, I went to open the comic so frantically that I accidentally opened the wrong comic.

I too am emotionally invested in the relationships of fictional teenage girls.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Saoshyant posted:

"To the lifeboats, men! We must escape the incoming tumblr flood!"

The best comment I've seen so far, about that:

quote:

I’ve attached an emotional flywheel to the Gunnerkrigg Court tag and powering my house with it.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I'm really glad to have my initial predictions proven wrong. We'll see where this ends up but for now it's a really sweet turn of events and I'd rather enjoy the :3: than wonder how this might turn :smith: in later chapters.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So we should get the bonus comic now, right? We could go back to Annie, Smitty Smits and Parley, but we actually might finally see the full love letter. It must've had some references to the animal pens which is why Kat suspected it had to be from Bobby first.

Speaking of Robots, what if Boxbot can actually combine with Robox to form... the most average robot? It has arms and legs and all, but nobody seems to have good or bad opinions about it. It would clearly be named Boxbox.

edit: durr, it's actually in ursine asylum's avatar. I am the dumb.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 27, 2013

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.
:3: :3: :3:

I was so sure this would turn out okay, and it did! It just didn't have bad vibes around it, especially after being reminded of what happened during the Zimmy in Annie's psyche chapter. Tom's also been on a bit of a straightforward streak lately I feel, so I'm sure we'll have more mysteries and conundrums introduced soon enough.

Opposing Farce posted:

We'll see where this ends up but for now it's a really sweet turn of events and I'd rather enjoy the :3: than wonder how this might turn :smith: in later chapters.

That was pretty much my reaction too. Even if things don't turn out to be the best down the road its a delightful turn of events at this moment.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Got the day off, new Arrested Development and the :3:est comic outside of Band vs. band.

A good day.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Portals posted:

I'm curious how Annie's gonna react.

Much the same as most of the internet:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Never stop :3:ing

As for Annie's reaction, I think she's going to be super-pumped. She might be briefly confused that its Paz and not a boy, but that'll last like a panel and then straight back to being super-pumped.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Eeeeeeeeey! I'm so relieved all this was actually pretty drama-free. Kat gets asked out. She accepts. Everyone's happy.

Good. :)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

1stGear posted:

Never stop :3:ing

As for Annie's reaction, I think she's going to be super-pumped. She might be briefly confused that its Paz and not a boy, but that'll last like a panel and then straight back to being super-pumped.

Annie didn't assume it was a boy in the first place. And yeah, I can't imagine her being anything other than supportive of Kat having a relationship, for all that she's kind of a dolt when it comes to romance.

This leaves Annie the only student character without some sort of relationship or crush. She's never shown any romantic inclination at all, not counting the trick she tried to pull on Jack. I wonder if that's important. It could just be her father's influence; he looked much the same.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Annie didn't assume it was a boy in the first place. And yeah, I can't imagine her being anything other than supportive of Kat having a relationship, for all that she's kind of a dolt when it comes to romance.

This leaves Annie the only student character without some sort of relationship or crush. She's never shown any romantic inclination at all, not counting the trick she tried to pull on Jack. I wonder if that's important. It could just be her father's influence; he looked much the same.

Importantly, he LOOKED the same, but was actually seething with romantic tension on the inside.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
OH MY GAWD :3: And it's the chapter end too! I had a feeling that among all those predictions about something bad happening Tom would never allow such a thing.

The :3: face. The Cutest Face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tenebrais posted:

This leaves Annie the only student character without some sort of relationship or crush. She's never shown any romantic inclination at all, not counting the trick she tried to pull on Jack.
After all was said and done with that, she did ask him one last time if he 'wanted that kiss.'