Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

13stitches posted:

The whole powerful woman with a mind of her own-thing is probably blowing their minds. I don't think any other liberal woman gets so many derogatory adjectives added to pretty much any appearance on right wing sites as she does, ranging from carpter muncher to whatever else those idiots can come up with.

Hilary Clinton, Sandra Fluke, Nancy Pelosi, Michelle Obama, Sonia Sotamayor, Elena Kagen, Helen Thomas.....

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, but if you took away right wing medias ability to use ad hominem attacks, they'd just have to sit in silence for hour blocks.

I could get behind this. Even though it would kill the thread.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

13stitches posted:

I don't think any other liberal woman gets so many derogatory adjectives added to pretty much any appearance on right wing sites as she does,

Counterpoint: literally every woman who's not lock-step with the GOP.

I guess you could argue that those in the news more frequently get a higher overall volume of insults, but the poo poo she gets is hardly unique.

Acute Grill fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 27, 2013

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
"HAH. THIS LESBIAN LOOKS LIKE A MAN. TAKE THAT."

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's much easier to call her a dyke than it is to actually defend your positions against her, that's for sure.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Fulchrum posted:

Hilary Clinton, Sandra Fluke, Nancy Pelosi, Michelle Obama, Sonia Sotamayor, Elena Kagen, Helen Thomas.....

It's probably worse for Michelle Obama since not only is she black, she's the First Lady of THE EVIL NOBONGOMER. Where was that image macro of the Obamas as monkeys, and what was all that hullabaloo in 2009 about her telling Americans to eat more healthily?

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 27, 2013

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

It's probably worse for Michelle Obama since not only is she black, she's the First Lady of THE EVIL NOBONGOMER. Where was that image macro of the Obamas as monkeys, and what was all that hullabaloo in 2009 about her telling Americans to eat more healthily?

If you want to see conservative rage over Michelle Obama then look no further than the Freep Thread.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

It's probably worse for Michelle Obama since she's the First Lady of THE EVIL NOBONGOMER. Where was that image macro of the Obamas as monkeys, and what was all that hullabaloo in 2009 about her telling Americans to eat more healthily?

You mean 2009 to present. The whole 'Michelle Obama wants to ban cake and cookies' thing is still a thing. You read articles occasionally about some school districts getting rid of newer school lunch menus just because 'the kids are too hungry, Obama is starving our children!'

I hear this comment a lot whenever the First Lady mentions anything about exercise or healthy eating. "She should lead by example." So because Michelle Obama once ate a cheeseburger or eats chicken, then anything she said is null and void. I always comment that she looks normal and in shape. That's ignored and the focus becomes solely on her backside. And when she actually does something and lead by example, like planting a White House garden with elementary school kids, she gets attacked for that too.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

The Angry Bum posted:

You mean 2009 to present. The whole 'Michelle Obama wants to ban cake and cookies' thing is still a thing. You read articles occasionally about some school districts getting rid of newer school lunch menus just because 'the kids are too hungry, Obama is starving our children!'

I hear this comment a lot whenever the First Lady mentions anything about exercise or healthy eating. "She should lead by example." So because Michelle Obama once ate a cheeseburger or eats chicken, then anything she said is null and void. I always comment that she looks normal and in shape. That's ignored and the focus becomes solely on her backside. And when she actually does something and lead by example, like planting a White House garden with elementary school kids, she gets attacked for that too.

They called Hillary fat too. It's conservative-colored glasses. They see poo poo that isn't there because one of their radio hosts told them to. Don't take it too seriously.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
Well when you compare anyone to their emaciated-looking heroine Ann Coulter, they probably do look "fat." I guess it's all relative.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

DongsMcMurphy posted:

There's a kind of poetry to the idea that a 14 year old Conservative talk-show host sounds exactly like a 62 year old Conservative talk-show host.

The fact that Jonathan Krohn was lauded at thireen years old for being the author of "Defining Conservatism" pretty much says it all, anyway.

I don't really want to subscribe to a political ideology that can be adequately defined by a thirteen year old.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

agarjogger posted:

They called Hillary fat too. It's conservative-colored glasses. They see poo poo that isn't there because one of their radio hosts told them to. Don't take it too seriously.

Stephen Crowder made a video attacking the Obamas for their health policies, and in it he shows a picture of Barack at the beach, as though this shows what a blatant hypocrite Obama is. I don't know what Crowder saw in the picture, but I saw a guy in pretty good shape for his age. Maybe Crowder was annoyed that Barack didn't have huge rippling muscles, which is how Crowder thinks all men should look?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
http://www.examiner.com/article/was-president-obama-high-on-coke-while-benghazi-burned

I think the article title speaks for itself.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Can't wait for "Did Obama force Rob Ford to smoke crack?"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's not true that Bob Saget raped and killed a girl in 1990.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Flobbster posted:

Well when you compare anyone to their emaciated-looking heroine Ann Coulter, they probably do look "fat." I guess it's all relative.

Well, to be fair, you can't look more emaciated than someone who looks like she does a pound of meth every day.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

They don't even give a gently caress anymore, do they?

Breaking Bad
May 25, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ShadowCatboy posted:

So anyone remember Caiden Cowger, the 14 year old conservative radio host? Well, he's still up about about doing his thing.

It's kinda weird how close he is to capturing the same vocal cadence as Rush Limbaugh. :psyduck:

Jesus titty-loving Christ, it looks like he's trying to imitate Obama's physical mannerisms as well as trying to emulate his voice while spewing conservative bullshit. :asoiaf:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Walter posted:

The fact that Jonathan Krohn was lauded at thireen years old for being the author of "Defining Conservatism" pretty much says it all, anyway.

I don't really want to subscribe to a political ideology that can be adequately defined by a thirteen year old.

If it can be defined by a thirteen year old, clearly conservatism is just good old common sense that all of us understand

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

ShadowCatboy posted:

So anyone remember Caiden Cowger, the 14 year old conservative radio host? Well, he's still up about about doing his thing.

It's kinda weird how close he is to capturing the same vocal cadence as Rush Limbaugh. :psyduck:

Oh, man, I remember posting about this kid in the old Idiots on Facebook thread. I remember he took down his "Obama is making kids gay!" YouTube after a left-leaning news site featured that video in an article and shamed him something good.

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 28, 2013

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Dean Chambers is the "Unskewed Polls" guy, Examiner.com is a site where non journalist amateurs like him or you or me can post articles, it's basically a blog.

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus
For reference, Dean Chambers looks like this:

Which is exactly how I expected him to look.

Someone oughta unskew his caloric intake, because jesus he's fat.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
He's manly.

Unlike that Nate Silver.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is that a Rubio hoagie?

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus

Warchicken posted:

Is that a Rubio hoagie?

I'm thinking can of Easy Cheese with the wrapper replaced.

vvvv I'm sticking with my story

OH NO MY DICK fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 28, 2013

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

Warchicken posted:

Is that a Rubio hoagie?

No, it's a water bottle some pro-Rubio PAC or someone came out with after the famous water drinking SOTU response.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

DongsMcMurphy posted:

For reference, Dean Chambers looks like this:

Which is exactly how I expected him to look.

Someone oughta unskew his caloric intake, because jesus he's fat.

Suckin' on that Marco Rubio.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
I can only imagine people nodding agreeing with the ranting of a 14 year old.

"This kid definitely knows what he's talking about."

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Thomase posted:

I can only imagine people nodding agreeing with the ranting of a 14 year old.

"This kid definitely knows what he's talking about."

"Unlike all those smart college kids with no common sense, brainwashed by liberal professors :freep:"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
GOP outreach to the youth vote : Give a little poo poo that most 20-somethings would find annoying even with a apolitical or a left view.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Haha, the topic on Rush lately is over Bob Dole's comments that the Republicans should close up shop and work on fixing their own poo poo internally. Rush thinks it is patently absurd that Dole claimed that Reagan and Nixon couldn't make it in today's Republican party :laugh: Anyway a guy calls in and agrees with Dole's comments, to which Rush becomes exasperated and asks "Wait, are you a Democrat?" No, the caller claims to be an independent. From here, the caller correctly points out that the tax rates are the lowest they've been since Truman, and the reason we're in the debt situation we're in now is due to people not paying enough taxes and our unfunded wars. Then Rush hangs up on him and moans about how he hates in when liberals call into his radio show, of which anyone can call in and voice their opinion and remain on air for as long as they like.... so long as they are entertaining to Rush :ironicat:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

kik2dagroin posted:

Haha, the topic on Rush lately is over Bob Dole's comments that the Republicans should close up shop and work on fixing their own poo poo internally.

Rush: Our poo poo is great! Why should we fix our poo poo when it's the American People who are broken? They're the ones who suck!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Phone posted:

It's not true that Bob Saget raped and killed a girl in 1990.
Well, there's no proof that he didn't rape and kill a girl in 1990, is there?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Zwabu posted:

Rush: Our poo poo is great! Why should we fix our poo poo when it's the American People who are broken? They're the ones who suck!
Now with transcript:

quote:

RUSH: Let's go grab some phone calls and we'll go to Rochester, New York. We'll start with Phillip. Phillip, welcome to the EIB Network. Great to have you here, sir. Hello.

CALLER: Thank you. How you doing today?

RUSH: I'm fine. How are you?

CALLER: I just called to more or less let you know that I agree with Senator Dole. I think your party should close up and repair 'til next year.

RUSH: You're a Democrat?

CALLER: No. I'm an independent.

RUSH: Oh, okay.

CALLER: Now, to prove my point, the last election I think you had three Senate seats that you could have won handily. The one from New Hampshire with, what was her name, O'Donnell, that was the witch, and then there were these two senators, one from Indiana, that rape was a gift from God. Really? These Tea Party people, the Tea Party stands for "taxed enough already." Is that correct?

RUSH: Taxed enough already is partly, yes. It stands for many things. That's one of the things, yes.

CALLER: Well, that shows you how misinformed they are, 'cause we're at the lowest tax rate since Truman was president. So if that's what they're going by --

RUSH: You want to pay more taxes?

CALLER: -- it's not very intelligent.

RUSH: You want to pay higher taxes?

CALLER: Do I want to pay? I want to pay my fair share.

RUSH: What's fair?

CALLER: We're paying lowering taxes. Why are we in debt now? Because we're not paying enough taxes. This is a great country and I don't mind paying more.

RUSH: You think we're in debt because people aren't paying enough taxes?

CALLER: I think we're in debt 'cause Bush put us in two wars that --

RUSH: You're not an independent.

CALLER: I am too an independent.

RUSH: You're a commie SOB liberal. There's no way. Come on, man, you people on the left do not have to lie when you call here. This happened last week and we had to dump a guy. Look, this is the fairest, most open radio talk show in the country, and you libs just can't be honest. There was no witch on the ballot in Delaware. Independent, my rear end. Shrinking rear end, by the way. For crying out loud, you people on the left, just call here and be honest. You can be on the program all day, for as long as you're interesting, 30 seconds or so. But, man, you're making a fool of yourself now. We have debt because of Bush? This is why the country's in trouble. People like this clown vote, two or three times, probably. Well, who's next? Phillip's history.

RUSH: So I'm being deluged with e-mails from people giving me the Bush economic data to refute that caller, that lying independent sack of whatever that called here from Rochester about the reason we have debt being the Bush tax cuts and three wars. I got all these numbers. The Bush deficit, by the way, in 2007, do you know what the annual deficit was in 2007? This was in the middle of "three" wars and after the Bush tax cuts, which were 2001, 2002. The federal budget deficit in 2007 was, what, $167 billion or some such thing.

The idea that the debt situation we have is because of Bush, look, there was spending, there's no question, but the utter denial of any responsibility by Obama the last five years is exactly the -- folks, low-information voter. This is exactly who the guy was. That's what we're up against. I could have kept the guy on the phone, told him the truth about the numbers -- it wouldn't have mattered. That was quintessential, classic illustration of a low-information voter, and a partisan to boot, a partisan low-information voter. Those people, it wouldn't have mattered. They're not to be reasoned with. You can't persuade them. Even I, greatness, as the next caller said, I wouldn't have had the chance to persuade him. I couldn't have succeeded. The thing that has to be done is those people have to be defeated.

And that's what's wrong with the Republican Party, trying to reach out to those people? It's a losing proposition. It isn't gonna happen. They have to be defeated. They're in a minority anyway. The percentage of the American people -- I've got it here in the Stack -- the percentage of the American people that identify themselves as conservative, the latest numbers, 26%, which you may think is low, but the percentage of Americans identifying themselves as liberal is like 13%. Even if you don't believe those numbers, I guarantee you it's no higher than 30%, the percent that are liberal. We're being governed by a genuine minority made to look like a majority because of the media and everything else.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm increasingly convinced that Rush is a boon to the democratic party. The more of a drag he is on consolidation and rebuilding, the better.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Oh my god Rush either put up or shut up about voter fraud.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I'm glad to see Rush on board with loudly denying that Christine O'Donnell was a witch.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Rush with the hard hitting "something like" numbers.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I love how quickly Rush degenerated into calling him a communist independent-in-name-only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'm glad to see Rush on board with loudly denying that Christine O'Donnell was a witch.

I think he was just denying that she ran in the last election. Angle, O'Donnell and the California crew were all part of the 2010 'I know we're on a republican wave but where the gently caress did we find these assholes' team.