Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't listen I just read the thread and the wiki. I don't have a computer, home or mp3 player.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
One of my wife's friends has big, beautiful tits and nice lips.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't listen I just read the thread and the wiki. I don't have a computer, home or mp3 player.

I don't read this forum. I don't even exist.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Seth and Jonathan don't even listen.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I stream from podcast pickle

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
I only go to live shows.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm just here for the energy drink reviews

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

It's like there isn't really even a show, and we just live in the new eternal age of aquarias. Jah is our father-mom and Sethro is our mother-dad.

Todd Forklift
Dec 19, 2006

Ep 49/50, I love the ongoing segment about the 29 going on 12 year old loving a 63 year old while their 30 something sex offender homie sleeps in the attic

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The best thing about this podcast is Jonathan's rambling and poorly thought-out monologues about hippy-dippy topics. That and the screwed up volume levels.

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

Which episode was it where they talked about that teenager who stole a cop car and went on patrol and actually was a good cop? I think the same guy also had a few other things he'd done and they were saying he was like a master of disguise

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
PS - Nice bikini

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Xemloth posted:

Which episode was it where they talked about that teenager who stole a cop car and went on patrol and actually was a good cop? I think the same guy also had a few other things he'd done and they were saying he was like a master of disguise

I just listened to that. Episode 152, Weck's wiki says it starts at 7:43.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

I would rather let Mike Madsen cum in my mouth than jack off Tom Sizemore at arm's length with a gloved hand.

I used that quote as the subject line of an email I sent to my Kiwi friend last night. I got him into it, otherwise don't know anyone else who listens. Although I'm taking 5-6 dudes on a road trip the weekend after next and you better believe there's gonna be some UYD on tap. Who has the links to those "best of" compilations? I've got the Craigshouse one, at least.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I used that quote as the subject line of an email I sent to my Kiwi friend last night. I got him into it, otherwise don't know anyone else who listens. Although I'm taking 5-6 dudes on a road trip the weekend after next and you better believe there's gonna be some UYD on tap. Who has the links to those "best of" compilations? I've got the Craigshouse one, at least.

http://www.thisyearcollection.org/

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I put all of Seth's Clips through premiere and tried to normalize them as best I could, and linked them together into one 6 hour mind melt.

I want to put it up on YouTube, linked up and seperate, but I feel like I should get Seth's permission first.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

dvorak posted:

I put all of Seth's Clips through premiere and tried to normalize them as best I could, and linked them together into one 6 hour mind melt.

I want to put it up on YouTube, linked up and seperate, but I feel like I should get Seth's permission first.

Do it. 888-842-2357. Leave him your number and he'll let you know.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

dvorak posted:

Holy jeezo nobody's coming back from that.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Oh God I would love to see those clips like that.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

niethan fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 27, 2013

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Plan B is a loving strip club

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I know they are still going strong, but why did they not address their no-revenue situation like 200 episodes (4 years) ago? I know the answer is Seth and Jonathan's personalities, but they could make people pay a token amount for their huge rear end archives like some podcasts do, they could have a voluntary subscription, like The Bugle has, that at least some generous people would pay for, they could do more youtube stuff and if they got more popular they could make money from that, and it wouldn't require any uncomfortable change in their steez and attitude.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

a starwar betamax posted:

The best thing about this podcast is Jonathan's rambling and poorly thought-out monologues about hippy-dippy topics. That and the screwed up volume levels.
A few weeks ago he was taking about multiple dimensions and said something like "We can agree that our ability to perceive the 3rd dimension is itself the 4th dimension, right?" and I just smiled knowing I was in for several minutes of some hot nonsense.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

UP AND ADAM posted:

I know they are still going strong, but why did they not address their no-revenue situation like 200 episodes (4 years) ago? I know the answer is Seth and Jonathan's personalities, but they could make people pay a token amount for their huge rear end archives like some podcasts do, they could have a voluntary subscription, like The Bugle has, that at least some generous people would pay for, they could do more youtube stuff and if they got more popular they could make money from that, and it wouldn't require any uncomfortable change in their steez and attitude.

I'm sure ideas like these have occurred to them, but based on how poorly Jonathan handles something as simple as getting merch shipped out or keeping the website online, it sadly seems beyond his capabilities.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

oatgan posted:

A few weeks ago he was taking about multiple dimensions and said something like "We can agree that our ability to perceive the 3rd dimension is itself the 4th dimension, right?" and I just smiled knowing I was in for several minutes of some hot nonsense.

One of the many "themes" that I've thought about pasting together would be to amalgamate all the segments in which Seth says "Keep talking." I will call it: "Keep talking."

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

just got through watching the first few episodes of the new season of Arrested Development.
probably a coincidence
but so far there there has been a "twiiiiiinnns" reference, and a character who has face blindness that Sethro talked about having as one of his conditions

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I went ahead and gave him a call. We'll see what happens.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Abalone Malone posted:

just got through watching the first few episodes of the new season of Arrested Development.
probably a coincidence
but so far there there has been a "twiiiiiinnns" reference, and a character who has face blindness that Sethro talked about having as one of his conditions

First Howard Stern, and now this. Will none of these people who steal from UYD ever let them wet their beaks in the money fountain?

Uhh Yeah Dream? Uhh Yeah Disappointment. Uhh Yeah Nightmare.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

a starwar betamax posted:

First Howard Stern, and now this. Will none of these people who steal from UYD ever let them wet their beaks in the money fountain?

Uhh Yeah Dream? Uhh Yeah Disappointment. Uhh Yeah Nightmare.

And don't forget Breaking Bad.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Millvale parents charged with driving with girl, 10, in dog cage in bed of pickup

NO way I'd confront that.

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

I must be from another time because that seems like the kind of mild child endangerment that would happen all the time when I was growing up. Nothing like tiny little baby hands poking out from the trunk.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I got a call earlier today from Seth. He respectfully declined my offer to post my megamix. He seemed extremely grateful that anyone would bother though, and said a new clip would be coming soon.

He said that his friend tried to post some stuff from his tapes before but it usually got taken down in a couple days anyway, over copyright claims, which is why they are just on the site.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Cool. But disappointing the supermix wont be on the 'tube. That would have been totally two thousand six.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

He was super nice and probably more nervous than I was. He said goodbye by saying seatbelts, which made my day.

Can't wait to hear them mull this over. http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/4066490-74/face-behrmann-blindness#axzz2UdgvbnyR

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I cannot wait for a new ep of K-MIA TV, I've seen every one multiple times.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

dvorak posted:

He was super nice and probably more nervous than I was. He said goodbye by saying seatbelts, which made my day.

Can't wait to hear them mull this over. http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/4066490-74/face-behrmann-blindness#axzz2UdgvbnyR
Holy poo poo I had no idea Brad Pitt had face-blindness.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

UP AND ADAM posted:

I don't much like WTF but the UYD episode is worth listening to, because they talk about this stuff. Basically they thought it was going to launch them into something else and now they're accepting that it isn't so they're slowly trying to figure out ways to make money.

I don't know, I figure I've successfully gotten merch in the past, I might roll the dice again.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
I've never ordered UYD merch but I bought a Jogger shirt once and it came two weeks later. Unfortunately it was a women's shirt. Emailed Jonathan, he responded once asking what the order # was and then never responded again. Oh well, I just gave it to my sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

You gotta get yourself one of these baby-soft tees.