Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Giblet posted:

That's their job. Insurance attachment rates and accessory revenue are metrics that are tracked.

When I worked there I told customers on more than one occasion that a phone was out of stock because they weren't getting accessories.

That being said I don't buy cases either.

Especially on upgrades to new devices. A GS4 and an HTC One on an upgrade in store are only ~$98 gp. At the highest commission level my store offers it's still less than $1.50 for the phone alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Wizard of Smart posted:

Especially on upgrades to new devices. A GS4 and an HTC One on an upgrade in store are only ~$98 gp. At the highest commission level my store offers it's still less than $1.50 for the phone alone.

Ah you do GP as well. What indirect do you work for (curious)?

All wireless, corp and non corp, is moving towards paying little to nothing on upgrades. Irritating since obviously most people already have phones, but name of the game unfortunately.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

Ah you do GP as well. What indirect do you work for (curious)?

Arch Telecom. New Act GP on those new phones is awesome, but really, upgrades is 98 gp. just checked it in our system. It's literally almost not worth my time to upgrade someone to just an HTC One or a GS4. I mean, I still do because I'm not a skeaze bag and if you come in and want to get an HTC One I'll sell it to you, but in the grand financial scheme of things it's not that awesome.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

And I do agree that most normal people should get a case and insurance.

Depends on the phone. Right now you can get clean working GS3 from Swappa.com for $250. Considering if you break a phone someone will still buy it for partial value it doesn't seem like insurance really makes sense for most people except for the first 6 months of a new flagship.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wizard of Smart posted:

Arch Telecom. New Act GP on those new phones is awesome, but really, upgrades is 98 gp. just checked it in our system. It's literally almost not worth my time to upgrade someone to just an HTC One or a GS4. I mean, I still do because I'm not a skeaze bag and if you come in and want to get an HTC One I'll sell it to you, but in the grand financial scheme of things it's not that awesome.

Just sent you a PM, I worked for Arch up until last November. I thought your lingo sounded familiar.

In other news, I have a S3 and an iPhone 4S for sprint available for sale, both mint condition, $300 a pop. Anyone interested?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Stick100 posted:

Depends on the phone. Right now you can get clean working GS3 from Swappa.com for $250. Considering if you break a phone someone will still buy it for partial value it doesn't seem like insurance really makes sense for most people except for the first 6 months of a new flagship.

It dont depend on poo poo. Average customers are too stupid to buy a phone thats not stolen or hosed up. Seriously. And most customers have no idea what Swappa is! And ill be damned as a rep who has goals to hit that i'd send them to there.

Either you work in a store somewhere where every customer is perfect of you've never worked in wireless retail.

Put it this way. You buy a phone on swappa, Seems fine, Works for 3 months and fucks up. You think sprints gonna fix it for you? Nope. Should of had TEP on your first phone to begin with. So you buy another one. Now you're at 500-600 bucks in used phones when you could of just paid 11 bucks a month for those 6 months. WHo came out ahead? dude who bought 2 phones for 250-300 each or the customer who bought it from us in the first place with TEP?

Thought so.

Goons dont need TEP, Whatever. But NORMAL customers do. Faster you learn that, the better.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 27, 2013

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Speaking of cases, I went ahead and ordered this. I think I'll like it better than the flip cover. That turned out to be a letdown in quality.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

EbolaIvory posted:

Put it this way. You buy a phone on swappa, Seems fine, Works for 3 months and fucks up. You think sprints gonna fix it for you? Nope. Should of had TEP on your first phone to begin with. So you buy another one. Now you're at 500-600 bucks in used phones when you could of just paid 11 bucks a month for those 6 months. WHo came out ahead? dude who bought 2 phones for 250-300 each or the customer who bought it from us in the first place with TEP?

Thought so.

OK, now let's consider the 99% of customers who don't gently caress up their phone every 3 months.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

WoG posted:

OK, now let's consider the 99% of customers who don't gently caress up their phone every 3 months.

99% eh?

They must all be goons who bought high end phones. Couldn't possibly be the typical customer who didn't want to spend 200 dollars or happens to drop/water damage/force a plug in upside down or anything.

Nah you're right. Only 1% of customers break phones. Man you should like let major companies know!

Seriously. You have no idea wat you're talking about. I've worked for 3 of the 4 major carriers. Indirect. Corporate. Dont matter. 50% or so of the customers that walk into a store have a problem with a phone. And on sprint if you Dont have TEP enjoy playing 50 bucks every time you need to have it replaced or good luck with the manufacturer.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

EbolaIvory posted:

And on sprint if you Dont have TEP enjoy playing 50 bucks every time you need to have it replaced or good luck with the manufacturer.
Bullshit, Sprints response to the last two intermittent issues I've had with a phone WITH TEP was 'welp it's not doing it right now but you should just file an insurance claim'.
Stop the loving shilling.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

iostream.h posted:

Bullshit, Sprints response to the last two intermittent issues I've had with a phone WITH TEP was 'welp it's not doing it right now but you should just file an insurance claim'.
Stop the loving shilling.

So you have a lovely store. congrats?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

EbolaIvory posted:

So you have a lovely store. congrats?
Phone support too, grats on being a shill tho'. This thread really should be more about useful information and less exhorting us to bend over and take it up the rear end from you people.

Maybe at a minimum just a little less 'customers are loving stupid they deserve what they get', because get this, we ARE your customers you sanctimonious rear end in a top hat.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

iostream.h posted:

Phone support too, grats on being a shill tho'. This thread really should be more about useful information and less exhorting us to bend over and take it up the rear end from you people.

Maybe at a minimum just a little less 'customers are loving stupid they deserve what they get', because get this, we ARE your customers you sanctimonious rear end in a top hat.

Sweet. Outsourced customer Care complaints and a local store who shits on you..

FYI you defensive baby. I've helped tons of people here at sa with Att poo poo and continue with sprint poo poo. Duck also can vouch for me. You on the other hand sit here and call me a shill? Really? Why because people should use the services provided?

It sounds like you went into a store. Was an rear end in a top hat and acted entitled to poo poo so they bounced you on your rear end. And when you laid into the care rep who saw the notes about it. You got blown off again.

Sorry for the assumption. But it goes both ways.

And for what its worth. I give out more free USB cables. Batteries. All kinds of poo poo just to help out customers. poo poo we Dont have to replace. Even with TEP. Cracked screens, lost back plates. I guess what I'm saying is, run your mouth less and you might get helped. You know like all the customers that know were doing them a favor so they Dont rip into us the second we open the account. Treat us right. Let us do our job. And Dont be a oval office. Simple poo poo.

I'll say it again. If you're on sprint and want warranty help. Pay for loving TEP. If you Dont have it. Expect to get bounced. Straight up.

Oh and I almost forgot. Your "problems" are most likely network related. If antennas test fine and the phones functioning otherwise its network. Have a Corp store pull trender on your line. 5 bucks says you're pissed because of network upgrades loving up other poo poo. Our whole city is garbage unless you have an LTE device. 3g ones are getting dick for service. My nexus s is a joke right now while the girls note works fine. But I'm not throwing a fit because I pulled trender and shock, towers are hosed up.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 27, 2013

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

EbolaIvory posted:

Sweet. Outsourced customer Care complaints and a local store who shits on you..

FYI you defensive baby. I've helped tons of people here at sa with Att poo poo and continue with sprint poo poo. Duck also can vouch for me. You on the other hand sit here and call me a shill? Really? Why because people should use the services provided?

It sounds like you went into a store. Was an rear end in a top hat and acted entitled to poo poo so they bounced you on your rear end. And when you laid into the care rep who saw the notes about it. You got blown off again.

Sorry for the assumption. But it goes both ways.

And for what its worth. I give out more free USB cables. Batteries. All kinds of poo poo just to help out customers. poo poo we Dont have to replace. Even with TEP. Cracked screens, lost back plates. I guess what I'm saying is, run your mouth less and you might get helped. You know like all the customers that know were doing them a favor so they Dont rip into us the second we open the account. Treat us right. Let us do our job. And Dont be a oval office. Simple poo poo.

I'll say it again. If you're on sprint and want warranty help. Pay for loving TEP. If you Dont have it. Expect to get bounced. Straight up.
I'm calling you a shill because no matter the complaint over the last few pages in particular your response is 'yes we're trying to force items/services on you because people are dumb and we know better'.

I posted about it a while back so I wouldn't expect you to remember but what happened was I went into a store hoping to do a TEP warranty exchange. Phone worked fine, I explained that it was an intermittent issue (mainly rebooting without notice among a few other issues) but they couldn't recreate it and said come back in when it does it, several times.

Actually, gently caress you and your attitude. I didn't lay into a single godamned person until I finally lost my poo poo at the 'just pay the $50 instead of using the extended godamned warranty that you loving paid for'. I TRIED to use the service I was loving paying for and got strung along about it instead of just loving taking care of the situation.

Drop the 'we're doing you a favor' bullshit, seriously. And really REALLY stop pushing that ripoff TEF horseshit as the golden standard of 'well take care of you'.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

iostream.h posted:

I'm calling you a shill because no matter the complaint over the last few pages in particular your response is 'yes we're trying to force items/services on you because people are dumb and we know better'.

I posted about it a while back so I wouldn't expect you to remember but what happened was I went into a store hoping to do a TEP warranty exchange. Phone worked fine, I explained that it was an intermittent issue (mainly rebooting without notice among a few other issues) but they couldn't recreate it and said come back in when it does it, several times.

Actually, gently caress you and your attitude. I didn't lay into a single godamned person until I finally lost my poo poo at the 'just pay the $50 instead of using the extended godamned warranty that you loving paid for'. I TRIED to use the service I was loving paying for and got strung along about it instead of just loving taking care of the situation.

Drop the 'we're doing you a favor' bullshit, seriously. And really REALLY stop pushing that ripoff TEF horseshit as the golden standard of 'well take care of you'.

To help you out some. Reboots on the android devices are almost always software related. They should have offered to hard reset your phone. The second most common is dirty battery contacts. They may not look dirty but take a pin and scratch the poo poo out of the contacts on the battery itselc until they are all shiny.

As far as people being shills. (I had to look out up) most people here that are or were employees are open about their affiliation with sprint and try to be blunt and honest about issues. Shills would be acting covertly as a customer to swindle a real customer. No one here is out to steal your money, some people genuinely feel very strongly about the products and services sprint offers. No need to resort to name calling over it.

I'm not defending the the other poster, I honestly think you both are a out of hand for a discussion on an Internet forum.

Hopefully the method above fix your issues. If they don't locate a different store or keep going back to that one. If you can find a store that does "advanced exchanges" try them. They don't have techs do they are usually more lenient.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

EbolaIvory posted:

Oh and I almost forgot. Your "problems" are most likely network related. If antennas test fine and the phones functioning otherwise its network. Have a Corp store pull trender on your line. 5 bucks says you're pissed because of network upgrades loving up other poo poo. Our whole city is garbage unless you have an LTE device. 3g ones are getting dick for service. My nexus s is a joke right now while the girls note works fine. But I'm not throwing a fit because I pulled trender and shock, towers are hosed up.

Nearest corp store to me is kinda far away/not anywhere near where i have to be for work during the week. Any way you could pull up trender in 97322/21? My house used to have 3G, but gets stuck on 1x and the lovely iPhone wifi connectivity on my phone makes me want to dump this pile of poo poo in the toilet and hop to a different carrier at times.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Tedronai66 posted:

Nearest corp store to me is kinda far away/not anywhere near where i have to be for work during the week. Any way you could pull up trender in 97322/21? My house used to have 3G, but gets stuck on 1x and the lovely iPhone wifi connectivity on my phone makes me want to dump this pile of poo poo in the toilet and hop to a different carrier at times.

Won't be til Wednesday but sure. I'll check back then. Skype me or something. SA name is my Skype.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

EbolaIvory posted:

Couldn't possibly be the typical customer who didn't want to spend 200 dollars or happens to drop/water damage/force a plug in upside down or anything.
Err, well, that's the thing right? If repairing a problem only costs $200 outright, the $150 deductable on insurance claims isn't much better.

For what it's worth, I had Samsung replace broken glass (which, as I understand the module includes the entirety of the display, digitizer, and glass) on an S3 for $178.61 shipped both ways. Now, granted, it took nine days for me to get the phone back, but it's the most expensive repair job that can be done on a device that hasn't been completely destroyed (water damage or run over by a car).

I definitely get how the above is not tolerable to the "average customer" and if they're willing to pay an $11/mo premium to not put up with that kind of hassle, great!

However, speaking of TEP, and I know this was hinted at before, but I've called Sprint for a device swap five times in the past year. And not swapping to new devices, but ones that had been previously activated on the same line. Four out of five times they asked if I wanted to add TEP, and the fifth they just added it without asking.

I'm surprised that insurance fraud isn't a bigger deal. I mean, I could've easily taken my dropped-in-toiled phone, swapped it out with an old phone, swapped it back, added TEP, then file a claim. I didn't out of principle, but there seems to be potential for abuse here that I haven't seen spammed all over xda.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I definitely get how the above is not tolerable to the "average customer" and if they're willing to pay an $11/mo premium to not put up with that kind of hassle, great!
That's pretty much it. Though a lot of it winds up being for the stuff we can fix in store. Free with TEP or $50 without. So we'll get people coming in with stuff like a dead speaker or blank screen or a ripped flex cable, and they think since they have the manufacturer's warranty we'll fix it for free. Then they have to decide if they want to pay $50 or wait a week or more for shipping. And if they're out of warranty it's $50, upgrade if you're eligible, or live with the problem.

It's really a convenience thing. Yes, it's a $50-$200 deductible if you break or lose your phone, but you have the replacement the next day and with very rare exception you won't have to deal with a bad ESN (I've had it twice in my two years at a Sprint reseller and both were Sprint refurbs and not Asurion). If you don't have it, you may have to wait longer for shipping, or take your chances on eBay, or try to meet somebody from Craigslist in a store so you can check the ESN before you hand over the money. One customer took 3 trips to get a replacement phone activated - first one had a bad ESN, the second one a few days later turned out to be a Verizon iPhone, and finally with #3 he had scrounged up an old Blackberry that worked.

If you've got a spare phone around, and you're comfortable taking it apart to replace pieces if needed (really, anyone who can take apart a PC should be able to do it), and you're ok replacing it with whatever model used phone you can buy if it gets lost, go ahead and skip it. But a lot of the customers we get flip out when they have to wait for anything, so selling TEP makes that much less of a hassle for the people working in the stores. People will usually get their phones fixed the same day, and even when we have to order the replacement it's usually 2 days (unless it's a weekend or the phone is on backorder).

Sellers will freak out when you don't get it both because of the whole quota thing endangering our jobs if we don't sell enough, and the fear that you'll come back and yell at them when you have a problem with the phone.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
I'm not sure where all the EbolaIvory hate is coming :confused: He's a solid dude that's been around the block more than a few times.

As far as insurance talk goes, until the idea that a phone doss NOT cost $0/$99 to replace two weeks after purchased, sinks in to the people that don't see why it's not a good idea to get the free/99¢ phone (these are the people that benefit the most from carrying insurance) it will continue to be heavily suggested to them. I'm sure anyone who's actually worked in wireless has had the following interaction at least once.

:mad: "I need a new phone, this one is broken"
:shobon: *validate account* (60% chance customer is not authorized, 65% chance no eligible lines) Explain options at this point (add additional line, buy 3rd party)
:argh: "What do you mean <company> won't give me a new phone? I've been a customer for over TWO years!"
:eng99: attempt to explain 24x$9.99 < $600, suggest they ask people they know for a spare phone
:argh: "WELL I'M NOT GOING TO PAY MY BILL UNTIL <company> GIVES ME A NEW PHONE"

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

SeaborneClink posted:

I'm not sure where all the EbolaIvory hate is coming :confused: He's a solid dude that's been around the block more than a few times.

Probably because he's trying to sell TEP as a decent value-added package rather than just a lovely way to amortize the cost of repairs over a longer period of time. (And if you don't need the repairs, well, you're poo poo out of money.) Everything TEP offers could be just as easily be done by paying $11/mo into a savings account, with the bonus that you stand a chance of still having the money when you upgrade at the end of two years.

Its value is to people who don't know math.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

thelightguy posted:

Probably because he's trying to sell TEP as a decent value-added package rather than just a lovely way to amortize the cost of repairs over a longer period of time. (And if you don't need the repairs, well, you're poo poo out of money.) Everything TEP offers could be just as easily be done by paying $11/mo into a savings account, with the bonus that you stand a chance of still having the money when you upgrade at the end of two years.

Its value is to people who don't know math.

Quite the opposite. 120 a year. To keep a device that cost 499.99-649.99 out right new. To guarantee that you won't be buying a stolen used phone. That you won't be getting a internally damaged device that's used. And to have the company you pay monthly anyways to keep your device running.

Yep. I'm bad at math and tep/ insurance is a scam.

People like you are why I have customers out of warranty with a phone that Dont work properly and have no coverage for us to work on it. So now not only are they pissed. Were getting bad surveys they Dont have a working phone and now they want to jump ship. So us reps get written up for it. The customer goes to Verizon and the same loving thing happens and the cycle continues.

I'll say it again. TEP is the BEST "insurance" program In the us. And most customers want to not worry about repairing or replacing a phone. While you may think its an awful rip off. I can promise you it saves people poo poo tons of time and money. And let's not forget. Time is money friend.

Dont like tep? Fine. That's all you. But Dont come whining in the thread when sprint does jack poo poo when your phone fucks up.

I pay for tep on both my sprint lines and normal insurance on my Verizon line. I wouldn't sell it if I didn't see the value.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 27, 2013

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

EbolaIvory posted:

I'll say it again. TEP is the BEST "insurance" program In the us. And most customers want to not worry about repairing or replacing a phone. While you may think its an awful rip off. I can promise you it saves people poo poo tons of time and money. And let's not forget. Time is money friend.

Dont like tep? Fine. That's all you. But Dont come whining in the thread when sprint does jack poo poo when your phone fucks up.
You sound exactly like that Boywhiz guy who keeps pimping Best Buy extended warranties and Monster Cables over in GBS.

Seriously, I bitched about HAVING TEP and not getting service (without resorting to insurance fraud at the suggestion of three different Sprint employees, mind you) and without any Godamned information you determined it was MY fault because (again, with zero information) you determined that it HAD to have been my fault.

TEP is exactly like medical insurance in the US, push it push it push it, price the deductible higher and higher to make it cost prohibitive for the users to USE it and try everything in the world on the corporate side to make damned sure they CAN'T.

I actually came in here to apologize to you and saw your most recent post.
And seriously, you're full of poo poo, you sell TEP because you'll get fired if you don't, it has exactly zero to do with how you perceive its worth.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

EbolaIvory posted:

Quite the opposite. 120 a year. To keep a device that cost 499.99-649.99 out right new. To guarantee that you won't be buying a stolen used phone. That you won't be getting a internally damaged device that's used. And to have the company you pay monthly anyways to keep your device running.

Yep. I'm bad at math and tep/ insurance is a scam.

People like you are why I have customers out of warranty with a phone that Dont work properly and have no coverage for us to work on it. So now not only are they pissed. Were getting bad surveys they Dont have a working phone and now they want to jump ship. So us reps get written up for it. The customer goes to Verizon and the same loving thing happens and the cycle continues.

I pay for tep on both my sprint lines and normal insurance on my Verizon line. I wouldn't sell it if I didn't see the value.

$132/yr. Good job on the math. And an non TEP repair is only $50. That's two repairs every year, or one used phone every two years with a case of really good beer left over. The risk of getting a stolen phone is basically gently caress all too, considering you can call up sprint with an IMEI before you pay for the drat thing and have them check that it's clear. If somebody won't give it out, you know something sketchy is going on.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

thelightguy posted:

$132/yr. Good job on the math. And an non TEP repair is only $50. That's two repairs every year, or one used phone every two years with a case of really good beer left over. The risk of getting a stolen phone is basically gently caress all too, considering you can call up sprint with an IMEI before you pay for the drat thing and have them check that it's clear. If somebody won't give it out, you know something sketchy is going on.

You know to call. Most people do not. I used to work for sprint right outside a city and it was extremely common for people to buy stolen phones.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Giblet posted:

You know to call. Most people do not. I used to work for sprint right outside a city and it was extremely common for people to buy stolen phones.

Exactly.

And to be honest. I Dont care what the couple goons thinks about tep. I push it for a few reasons. Our store is amazing when it comes to helping customers with it. Typically we Dont even repair phones we just swap em out. Plus its my job. You can hate all you want but fact is its a good service.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
edit: dumb argument, dumb post

-Inu- fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 3, 2013

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

-Inu- posted:

Anyone making GBS threads on EbolaIvory for selling TEP has obviously never worked in any sort of sales position.

I don't think anyone has been criticizing him for selling TEP to clueless soccer moms that come into his store. It's shilling TEP in this thread like we're clueless soccer moms that came into his store that's annoying as gently caress.

edit: At least, that's what I'm getting as best as I can follow this little argument. I'm not trying to become part of this little slapfight myself.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 28, 2013

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I work for Sprint but I don't use TEP because I have an iPhone so if I ever gently caress it up I can just get it exchanged for free as long as its within warranty.

I'd still recommend TEP for normal people unless they have an iPhone because holy poo poo is Applecare better in every way unless your phone gets stolen.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Q_res posted:

I don't think anyone has been criticizing him for selling TEP to clueless soccer moms that come into his store. It's shilling TEP in this thread like we're clueless soccer moms that came into his store that's annoying as gently caress.

That's why I'm annoyed by it, yes. Rather than shilling that insurance in here, it's better to outline "how to not buy a stolen phone" considering the only definite value that poo poo has is ensuring that you can get a new phone easily when you trash yours.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, can't we all just be friends and suffer together on Sprints network as friends?

TEP is a personal decision, works for some, not for others. Lets keep it there, right?

In other news, my friend got a notification on his account via Sprint.com that they are changing terms and services July 1st. Anyone else see this (it isn't on my account)?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Duckman2008 posted:

Hey guys, can't we all just be friends and suffer together on Sprints network as friends?

TEP is a personal decision, works for some, not for others. Lets keep it there, right?

In other news, my friend got a notification on his account via Sprint.com that they are changing terms and services July 1st. Anyone else see this (it isn't on my account)?

Motherfucker... I just ported out two lines with ETFs...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Re: the thread title... I've been in Indianapolis for the long weekend and for once I can say that it doesn't feel like dirt roads. I think I might miss this when I go back to Sprint's asstastic Phoenix network.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Duckman2008 posted:

Changing what about the terms and services, exactly?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SpelledBackwards posted:

Changing what about the terms and services, exactly?

Probably putting in an ETF for roaming :v:

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/579323

That's the only mention I could find on google. Something about the 14 day return policy changing. Is this change grounds for an ETF-free cancellation?

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Not on my account yet. But I do see one about verifying my discount. Jose was kind enough to put me on a GE discount. I of course do not work for GE.

With the discount my actual company now gets... I'd save maybe 5 bucks over Verizon, for much shittier speeds. So I'm at a loss for what to do if they do take away my discount. Maybe I'll give tmo more of a run than 4 days.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tedronai66 posted:

Not on my account yet. But I do see one about verifying my discount. Jose was kind enough to put me on a GE discount. I of course do not work for GE.

With the discount my actual company now gets... I'd save maybe 5 bucks over Verizon, for much shittier speeds. So I'm at a loss for what to do if they do take away my discount. Maybe I'll give tmo more of a run than 4 days.

They're killing my discount too, but it doesn't waive the ETF. Pretty sure the other terms and conditions doesn't either.

My fees were much lower than I thought, so that plus a few trade ins with ATT means I am switching later this week.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

They're killing my discount too, but it doesn't waive the ETF. Pretty sure the other terms and conditions doesn't either.

My fees were much lower than I thought, so that plus a few trade ins with ATT means I am switching later this week.

Mine is either 120 or 140 at this point. I would go AT&T, but I got screwed over a few times by them, and their network generally dies anytime there's a college sporting event in my area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Tedronai66 posted:

Interesting. I was worried about this since I'm upgrading as soon as I'm eligible next month and was wondering if there was any way around this - guess not.