Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Awesome Andy posted:

So is there a way to play as Sinestro that doesn't make me a "pussy spammer human being"(that wins)?
Not that I mind the hate and tears but I'm just wondering if there's some secret next level poo poo I'm not getting about the dude that drops meteors from a safe distance.
And Manhunter would be great, his power list is a mile long and would make for some cool-rear end fights.

Well that depends, who's calling you a pussy spammer human being? If it's random online pubbies then you're playing Sinestro goddamn perfectly. You shouldn't worry about changing a drat thing for your opponents.

If you want to get to next level Sinestro you'll want to focus on learning your midscreen BnBs and your corner BnB's. The level above that, I guess, would be learning the proper times to charge your trait and then learning what to do with it once it's up. It can be used to help you set up your rush downs, to make your combos strings safe and to extend your combos for massive damage. I'm currently working on this stage myself and it's a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Yeah setting up the two hit into the spider legs uppercut to put them back to the other side of the screen is the best because I'm sure they're frustrated about having to navigate the minefield all over again.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Awesome Andy posted:

Yeah setting up the two hit into the spider legs uppercut to put them back to the other side of the screen is the best because I'm sure they're frustrated about having to navigate the minefield all over again.

You can also hit confirm mb spiderlegs which is handy for extra damage. Then while they try to navigate your obstacle course you can combo shackles off hit confirmed mb impact event giving you ample time to charge up your trait. Once trait is out you can get really aggressive.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
Going to be playing on xbl while drinking and eating BBQ if anyone wants some sets. GT:SuddenBlackout

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

SuddenBlackout posted:

Going to be playing on xbl while drinking and eating BBQ if anyone wants some sets. GT:SuddenBlackout

I'm down but I see you're already playing. Started up "Goonroom" on XBL in-case anyone else wants to play. nevermind, got an invite to the KOTH

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
I recorded some matches between SuddenBlackout, Holy Calamity, and me today. Here's the best part with the pig fighting: http://youtu.be/_Rkt0UJOSmg?t=1m18s

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
I hope they announce DLC where you get to play as the pig.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

IronMcHardSteel posted:

I recorded some matches between SuddenBlackout, Holy Calamity, and me today. Here's the best part with the pig fighting: http://youtu.be/_Rkt0UJOSmg?t=1m18s

Whoa next time say something if you're recording!

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
I was going to say something a couple of times but you were kind of talking a lot and then I forgot about it. I'm going to record a lot of goon rooms.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

IronMcHardSteel posted:

I was going to say something a couple of times but you were kind of talking a lot and then I forgot about it. I'm going to record a lot of goon rooms.

You're a sneaky little voyeur.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So how do I step my game up as Black Adam? I really wanna get good with him, I can easily spam the gust-zaps and my lighting blasts on most hapless pubbies, but when people actually get up on me I just get my rear end kicked all over the place.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

So how do I step my game up as Black Adam? I really wanna get good with him, I can easily spam the gust-zaps and my lighting blasts on most hapless pubbies, but when people actually get up on me I just get my rear end kicked all over the place.

Has anyone told you about this little something Black Adam has called the Dive Kick?

Also, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS27v3WxKBw

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Xbox live lobby tonight? You guys had too much fun after I fell asleep! :(

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
If you create the goonroom, they will come. GOONroom up.

Lando2
Jan 16, 2010

Turns out just hunks
So I just bought this game from Best buy and either my disc is completely broken (No scratches though) or my xbox is garbage (250G slim version) for this game. It takes forever to load through a white screen before the DC logo and freezes constantly, is this a known issue or should I just keep exchanging the game?

I'm going to install it to my hard drive right now to see if it helps but has it happened to anyone else?

Oh and my GT is: Lando360 I usually use Doomsday/Deathstroke/Sinestro if anyone wants to add me. I'm not very good yet so beat me up.

Lando2 fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 28, 2013

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Deleting the 360 cache normally fixes Injustice issues.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Lando2 posted:

So I just bought this game from Best buy and either my disc is completely broken (No scratches though) or my xbox is garbage (250G slim version) for this game. It takes forever to load through a white screen before the DC logo and freezes constantly, is this a known issue or should I just keep exchanging the game?

I'm going to install it to my hard drive right now to see if it helps but has it happened to anyone else?

Oh and my GT is: Lando360 I usually use Doomsday/Deathstroke/Sinestro if anyone wants to add me. I'm not very good yet so beat me up.

Try clearing your system cache. The last patch was causing me to randomly freeze pretty hard and that fixed it.

Lando2
Jan 16, 2010

Turns out just hunks
Yeah I just redownloaded the patch and cahracters and everything seems fine now.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

SuddenBlackout posted:

This is how I usually play!

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Goon room was a lot of fun.

I need to learn more match ups. And Grundy. Cause Grundy don't stop.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thern posted:

They should release DLC that adds the pig to all the stages.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I'm sad that I keep missing the goon rooms. :(

But, I just got called a stupid spammer who should be banned from Live by a kid in a voicemail because he can't comprehend the idea of dodging Green Arrow's flame arrows, so everything evens out in the end. :)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My gold membership just expired today and I don't really have it in my budget to renew it right away, so I'm going without Injustice online for a while. It's tough though. I'm too addicted to that sweet Grundy magic.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Injustice is the Amazon Deal of the Day in North America. They have regular editions for all three consoles at $35 and Special Editions for 360 and PS3 at $65: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...WE598TSVVSB0NZS

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I bought the game full price on PSN two days ago :negative:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I had this weird dream where I won a contest and cheezy Dracula became a character, complete with a life-draining trait. I hope it was actually a premonition...

PSN goons better be on tonight!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Nahxela posted:

I bought the game full price on PSN two days ago :negative:

Tell me about it PSN-buying buddy. :byodood:

gannyGrabber posted:

PSN goons better be on tonight!

I'll hopefully be around to play some, I've had the weirdest schedule lately.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The rumor mill is always turning: http://testyourmight.com/threads/rumor-injustice-dlc-character-reveal-coming-tomorrow.33278/

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Thern posted:

I have a friend(who, despite his protests, has to be SOME sort of retard) earnestly asked me why Dan Akroyd's Coneheads' character wasn't in this game. After thinking about this for a few days - the woman saying the character's name, the character portrait and icon popping up, the music playing in the background - I think it's just about the greatest idea of all time.

Please vote for Mr. Conehead as the next DLC character

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Zod as a summon character? What does that mean in a fighting game context? Is he going to tag in Non and Ursa or their new movie equivalents?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

thebardyspoon posted:

Zod as a summon character? What does that mean in a fighting game context? Is he going to tag in Non and Ursa or their new movie equivalents?

The source of the rumor is from a reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Injusticegame/comments/1f5uzy/ive_got_some_inside_information_on_the_future_of/

Somewhere down in that mess, the OP says:

quote:

zod calls kryptonian soldiers to battle for his character power. i don't know if they're supposed to be specific characters, but they look a lot like zod himself. i believe there can be 2 on the screen at a time. they can be used in a couple of different ways.

I haven't dug through to see if he describes it further.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
And the third most voted for DLC character is... Static Shock.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/339391320625934337

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Equilibrium posted:

Did he misquote Queen?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Equilibrium posted:

Third most voted better mean third DLC. I want to fly on my manhole cover!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Equilibrium posted:

Gee, I wonder who the most voted for character could be between Zatanna and Jason Todd?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Gee, I wonder who the most voted for character could be between Zatanna and Jason Todd?

Zatanna? :ohdear:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Sex_Ferguson posted:

If you'd have asked me before this poll, those apparent leaks of Red Hood being in the second season pass and all the people in this thread saying they want Red Hood more than any other character then I would have said Zatanna absolutely without a doubt but now I'm basically resigned to being wrong. I had no idea the Jason Todd Red Hood had so many fans.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

thebardyspoon posted:

If you'd have asked me before this poll, those apparent leaks of Red Hood being in the second season pass and all the people in this thread saying they want Red Hood more than any other character then I would have said Zatanna absolutely without a doubt but now I'm basically resigned to being wrong. I had no idea the Jason Todd Red Hood had so many fans.

Especially since the fans hated him enough to vote to have him killed in "Death in the Family." I'd figured that Power Girl would've been a shoo-in; shows what I know. :shrug:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

In fairness, it doesn't even say Red Hood(Jason Todd), it says Red Hood(Robin.) So basically it's like having two characters in one. Like Red Hood? Okay, how about Robin? Vote for that guy.

Not to mention he's a loving Batman character. Of course Batman characters are going to win every single poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Ghostpilot posted:

Especially since the fans hated him enough to vote to have him killed in "Death in the Family." I'd figured that Power Girl would've been a shoo-in; shows what I know. :shrug:

See I think Power Girl is exactly as strange a choice since she's relatively obscure (never been in a cartoon, is usually in the JSA rather than the Justice League, etc) and her power set is pretty basic. Everyone has favourites obviously though which probably influences what they feel is a proper choice and Netherrealms will probably make everyone fun to play so it doesn't really matter in the end.

• Locked thread