Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Ryuga Death posted:

Here's the page if you want to keep checking back.

Ok, I guess I'm just blind then, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hey Tony, do you happen to know when you'll be getting Civ 5: Brave New World up for preorder? I think the one that's up right now is a physical copy, which is like 110% unnecessary. And for some reason my Bioshock Infinite credit doesn't apply.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Bummer, I missed out on that hot hot GMG deal for Tomb Raider. Any chance of a similar deal, Tony?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Hey Tony, is there a reason Amazon has the physical version of the D&D Classic Anthology/Master Collection/whatever other names it has, but not the digital version every other site seems to have? Or the Neverwinter Complete Pack for that matter?
http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Classic-Anthology-Pc/dp/B005JQ064A
http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Neverwinter-Complete-Collection-Pc/dp/B005JQ05RS/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It was asked a few days ago, but any word on Dark Souls? It's my friends birthday in a few days and I was really hoping to grab it for her, but at this rate it doesn't look like it'll be back before her birthday (the 29th)

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
When was Sleeping Dogs supposed to go on sale?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Mr. Crow posted:

When was Sleeping Dogs supposed to go on sale?

Wednesday to Friday.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Bacon Drew posted:

It was asked a few days ago, but any word on Dark Souls? It's my friends birthday in a few days and I was really hoping to grab it for her, but at this rate it doesn't look like it'll be back before her birthday (the 29th)

Yeah, I'd like to know what's the deal with this also.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
drat, just bought Civ 4 since it was on sale and too late realized it wasn't steam. That weird direct download thing. Luckily they gave me a refund!

I just wanted to send my boyfriend a copy for some fall from heaven action :smith:

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 28, 2013

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
I noticed this bundle on sale - Bulletstorm, Burnout Paradise, Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, and The Saboteur for $10. Are these games goon-approved?

http://www.amazon.com/Storming-Burning-Reflecting-Sabotaging-Download/dp/B008GWJKE6/ref=pd_ybh_6

EDIT: ugh, all Origin keys. Never mind.

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 28, 2013

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!

monster on a stick posted:

I noticed this bundle on sale - Bulletstorm, Burnout Paradise, Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, and The Saboteur for $10. Are these games goon-approved?

http://www.amazon.com/Storming-Burning-Reflecting-Sabotaging-Download/dp/B008GWJKE6/ref=pd_ybh_6

Most of those are regarded from okay to good.
However none of the games in the bundle comes with a steam key.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

All except Mercs 2 are thought of pretty highly, Mercs 2 is an ok game with a terrible PC port.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

WARnold posted:

Most of those are regarded from okay to good.
However none of the games in the bundle comes with a steam key.

Bulletstorm and the

Bulletstorm and The Saboteur are worth it for the 10 bucks. Really origin is fine and isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I havnt had any issues with it.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Origin really isn't that bad. As a platform for storing and running downloaded games, it's actually much better than Steam. It's just worse at everything else.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Biggest human being Ever posted:

All except Mercs 2 are thought of pretty highly, Mercs 2 is an ok game with a terrible PC port.

Let me just back this up with my one-hour trip report on the PC version of Mercenaries 2:

- Hey, it's a sequel to Mercenaries, one of my favorite games ever! I remember being pretty excited for this game to come out back in the day, then really disappointed when I realized they meant for people to buy the game for the Xbox 360 or PS3, neither of which I owned. The PS2 port was a pile of crap, and I didn't own a gaming PC at the time. Well, I do now, so let's see how it goes!

- 1920x1080 resolution is not an option. Hmm. Well, a quick Google search reveals that patch 1.1 fixed this issue, as well as a few others. (This was the only patch released for the PC version)

- There isn't any AA. There's an AA option in the menu, but it does nothing. Ok.

- The graphics are early PS2-quality. Everything is 'chunky' looking, there's crazy pop-in, and many of the character models look like PS1-era models. Ugh.

- There are several game-crippling bugs. Oh look, I just fell through the world again.

- The game overall is less fun than the original. Enemies spawn constantly, getting around isn't very fun, the voice acting is terrible, the factions aren't as interesting... Yeah, I give up.

Don't play Mercenaries 2 for PC. The other three games in that bundle are all worth checking out, though.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Bulletstorm says the DRM is GFW so :barf:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Origin really isn't that bad. As a platform for storing and running downloaded games, it's actually much better than Steam. It's just worse at everything else.

True, but Bulletstorm, Mirror's Edge, and Burnout Paradise are all on Steam so I can just wait for their sale. :v:

Celes
Feb 23, 2008

None have ever truly known the woman beneath the general's guise...

The Machine posted:

Bummer, I missed out on that hot hot GMG deal for Tomb Raider. Any chance of a similar deal, Tony?

It's on sale for $20 today on Amazon. I just bought my copy. :)

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

tetsman posted:

Bulletstorm is GFWL on Steam too. Of all the games I have that use GFWL, Bulletstorm was the only one that turned into an ordeal to get logged in.

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010
Does anyone know if the Civ 5 Gold deal is good for Mac if activated on steam?

Because in the Amazon page it only says it's for Windows.

Shrinkage fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 28, 2013

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Anything with the steamplay logo on steam will unlock both versions.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
Could we please go back to hidden codes for steam games you haven't redeamed yet? I have no way of checking if a serial has been used now, it really really sucks :\

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

AmazonTony posted:

5/29-5/31

Bully - Scholarship Edition - 3.75
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 3.75
Far Cry - 32 Bit OS Only - 2.49
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition - 2.49
Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas - 3.75
Grand Theft Auto - Vice City - 2.5
Grand Theft Auto 3 - 2.49
Grand Theft Auto III - 2.5
Grand Theft Auto IV - 4.99
Grand Theft Auto IV - 5
Grand Theft Auto IV and Max Payne 3 Bundle - 9.99
Grand Theft Auto IV and Max Payne 3 Bundle - 9.99
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete - 7.5
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete - 7.5
Grand Theft Auto Vice City - 2.5
Grand Theft Auto Vice City - 2.5
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City - 4.99
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City - 5
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 3.75
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 3.75
GTA IV Complete + La Noire Complete + GTA San Andreas - 11.99
Heroes of Might and Magic V - 2.49
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate - 2.49
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East - 2.49
Just Cause 2 - 3.74
Just Cause 2: Black Market Aerial Pack DLC - 0.99
L.A. Noire - 5
L.A. Noire DLC Bundle - 3
L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition - 7.49
LA Noire - 5
LA Noire - Complete Edition - 7.5
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 3.74
Lara Croft GoL: All the Trappings - Challenge Pack 1 - 0.99
Lara Croft GoL: Hazardous Reunion - Challenge Pack 3 - 0.99
Lara Croft GoL: Raziel and Kain Character Pack - 0.99
Manhunt - 2.5
Manhunt 2 - 3.75
Max Payne 2 - The Fall of Payne - 2.5
Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne - 2.5
Max Payne 3 - 10
Max Payne 3 - 10
Max Payne 3 - Local Justice Pack - 2
Max Payne 3 and LA Noire Complete Bundle (non-Steam) - 9.99
Max Payne 3 and LA Noire Complete Bundle (Steam) - 9.99
Max Payne 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, and L.A. Noire Bundle - 11.99
Max Payne 3: Deathmatch Made in Heaven Pack - 2.5
Max Payne 3: Hostage Negotiation Pack DLC - 2.5
Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Pack - 2.5
Midnight Club 2 - 2.5
Midnight Club 2 - 2.5
Might & Magic Clash Of Heroes - 2.49
Might & Magic Hero bundle - 9.49
Might & Magic Heroes VI: Complete Edition - 33.4933
Might & Magic Heroes VI: Pirates of the Savage Sea Adventure Pack - 2.49
Might & Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven - 2.49
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - I Am the Boss DLC Pack - 0.99
Might & Magic: Heroes VI - 12.49
Might & Magic: Heroes VI Deluxe Edition - 7.49
Might and Magic Heroes VI Gold Edition - 19.99
Rockstar Classics - 9.99
Sleeping Dogs Complete Pack - 12.99
Sleeping Dogs DLC Pack - 7.99
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 9.99
Tomb Raider Experience Pack - 9.99
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 2.49
Tomb Raider: Legend - 4.79
Tomb Raider: Underworld - 2.49

This goes live midnight PST, right?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Sub Rosa posted:

This goes live midnight PST, right?

It's generally around midnight PST. Possibly a few minutes after since they need to roll out the price changes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

B-Mac posted:

Bulletstorm and the

Bulletstorm and The Saboteur are worth it for the 10 bucks. Really origin is fine and isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I havnt had any issues with it.
You can remove Origin after downloading Saboteur.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Scalding Coffee posted:

You can remove Origin after downloading Saboteur.

I bought The Saboteur from Amazon a couple of months ago and I don't think I used Origin for it at all?

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!
Hey Tony,

The Max Payne 3 + LA Noire Complete (steam) bundle seems to have run out of keys even before the sale started on it today ( :( )
Is there a chance that you'll get new keys in time for us to buy this?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

tetsman posted:

Yeah, you have to deal with that if you get the PC version. Buy it anyway, you won't regret it. Full disclosure, I had to get a special program to let me edit the ini and make the FOV good.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Tony, the new CKII DLC is out, let's get that rolled in to one of those super CKII packs you guys do! :dance:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

WARnold posted:

Hey Tony,

The Max Payne 3 + LA Noire Complete (steam) bundle seems to have run out of keys even before the sale started on it today ( :( )

Yeah, I'd love to get on the Max Payne 3 + LA Noire + GTA IV deal, but there are no keys.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

WARnold posted:

Hey Tony,

drat I have been waiting for this one since the Mayhem sale started :emo:

der_rudi
Dec 26, 2012
Mp3+LA:N bundle just became available.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

der_rudi posted:

not the steam version

tony answer for this transgression

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

der_rudi posted:

I just bought this, and here's a quick word of warning about the difference between two bundles:

Bundle 1 - $9.99

Max Payne 3
L.A. Noire Complete

Bundle 2 - $11.99 (The one I bought)

Max Payne 3
GTA IV
L.A. Noire Standard

In my mind, the deal was 'Bundle 1 is $10, and if you throw in an extra $2 we'll include GTA IV.' This is not the case.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 29, 2013

der_rudi
Dec 26, 2012

John Romero posted:

not the steam version

Yes the steam-version : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091UYJ66
The non-steam version was already available the whole day.

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!

John Romero posted:

not the steam version

It is now, I just bought it:
http://www.amazon.com/Payne-Complete-Bundle-Steam-Download/dp/B0091UYJ66/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&qid=1369757450&sr=8-39

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Tony earns a stay of execution, thanks.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
Whew, glad Romero isn't coming for me with a rolling pin.

Also, I'm back from the music festival now so if anyone has any questions feel free to let me know and I'll make like Tonto.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

AmazonTony posted:

Also, I'm back from the music festival now so if anyone has any questions feel free to let me know and I'll make like Tonto.

How was Sigur Ros?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

AmazonTony posted:

Who was your favorite band?

• Locked thread