Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Your stuff is so incredibly clean and bright, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C, Oath Complete

Edit
You could do Themed Group with this, if you wanted. Also, your models are all backlit which makes for dark photos. I wish I could see your stuff better :)
[/quote]

Ask and ye shall receive:

Themed group: death from the skies (5 Stormboyz)

The rest:

I used a lamp and irfanview to brighten the pics. The lighting in my flat is poo poo though, so this is the best I can get.

Detektuv's Journal

Basecoats:

Layers:

Metallics and highlights

Parts list

Skin: Dark angels green & Snot green, mixed together at points.
Body details:Bestial Brown (Gw), Charred Brown (Va), Snakebite Leather (Gw), Bleached Bone (Gw), Mephiston red (Gw), Tentacle pink (Gw)
Clothing: Chaos Black (Gw), Neutral Grey (Va), Imperial Blue(Va), Enchanted blue (Gw), Electric blue (Va), Scarlett red (Va), Mephiston Red (Gw), Blazing Orange (Gw), Charred Brown (Va), German Cam. black (Va), Snakebite leather (Gw), Bestial Brown (Gw), Vermin brown (Gw), Liche purple (Gw), royal purple (Va), Blue violet (Va), Bleached Bone (Gw)
Metals: Tin Bitz (Gw), Boltgun metal (Gw), Brazen Brass (Gw), Dwarf Bronze (Gw), Beaten copper (Gw)
Details/misc: Hawk Turquoise (Gw), Averland sunset (Gw), Yriel Yellow (Gw), Ceramite white (Gw)
Base: Vermin brown (Gw), Desert Yellow (Va)
basing material: wood glue, medium grade black gravel (Skalescenics), superglue.

Detektuv's Journal and one time bonus = Double the fun - I think.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 28, 2013

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/VRkjroE.jpg

Oath Complete!

Bonus: Aww a Baby!

mehall fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 26, 2013

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath Complete!

Bonuses: Awwww, a BABY and Parts list and Detectuv’s Jurnal: WIP pics and Double the fun!(see below)

Detectuv’s Jurnal: WIP pics
White primer (Army Painter). I kept the heads on their own for most of the process, to make for easier access to the torso/shoulder areas:

Wash the entire model in Agrax Earthshade (or Devlan Mud if you're oldschool). Black paint on to the base, and Heavy Charcoal on the boots:

Green wash on the skin. Black paint/wash mix for the pants and some other leather areas. Yellow/Blue/Red base coats for clothing. Boltgun base for the metal areas (and then yellow/red on top of the metal for some areas). Picking up muscles/mouth/veins/knuckles skin highlighs with a green/yellow mix. Bone paint for the teeth/claws, followed by brown wash. Grey edge highlighting on the boots:

Painting in the checks on the red guy's axe and shoulder pad. Wash the blue/red/yellow clothing areas with blue/red/sepia washes, and then highlight up with the layers of the lighter colours. Adding details to the metal areas, then a black wash followed by silver drybush, followed by a very thin sepia wash. A second layer of green wash over the skin. Highlighting teeth/claws. White out the eye areas:

Then all that was left was finishing the eyes, doing the base, and varnishing them up.

Parts list:
Most of the paints are shown in the WIP pics, but here's the list

Paints:
Army Painter: Matt white primer spray
GW:
Chaos Black, Mephiston Red, Sunburst Yellow, Teclis Blue, Blazing Orange
Mithril Silver, Boltgun Metal, Dwarf Bronze
Agrax Earthshade, Thraka Green, Badab Black, Drakenhof Nightshade, Carrobourg Crimson, Gryphonne Sepia
Vallejo: Thinner medium, Heavy Charcoal, Cold Grey, Ultramarine Blue
Coat D'arms (I think these used to make the original Citadel paints back in the day): Rat Brown, Bone

Basing:
Army Painter: Battlefields Black Battleground
Javis Countryside Scenic Products: Fine Granite Chippings (I think this is intended for model railways, but it is great for basing)

Varnish:
Vallejo: Gloss varnish
Army Painter: Anti-shine matt varnish spray

(Hopefully I did everything right! Thanks to everyone organising this, and everyone taking part. I'm looking forward to a good year's painting thanks to this thread)

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
:siren:Oath complete!:siren:

Bonuses: Parts list and Double the fun! because I did the Detectuv's Jurnal: WIP pics.

Edited in some better shots, because my original ones were a bit dark.

WIP shots!
Basecoats nearly done.

Done some shading and a little bit of highlighting.

Finishing up the bases and the brass details. Still need to do a little highlighting.

Parts list:
    Games Workshop
  • Citadel 40K basing kit
  • Chaos Black spray
  • Sycorax Bronze
  • Leadbelcher
  • Ironbreaker
  • Agrax Earthshade
  • Nuln Oil
  • Seraphim Sepia
  • Druchii Violet
  • Guilliman Blue

Vallejo
  • Black
  • German Grey
  • Grey Green
  • Light Grey
  • French Mirage Blue
  • Pastel Blue
  • Field Blue
  • Saddle Brown
  • Cavalry Brown
  • German Camo. Beige
  • Russian Uniform WWII
  • Matt Varnish
  • Rough Pumice

Edit 2: Quoting my original oath because I vaguely remember something about someone saying it was helpful for the judges. Not sure if I remember correctly, but here it is:

TheBlobThing posted:

:siren: I, TheBlobThing, oath to paint 3 Death Korps of Krieg platoon command squad guardsmen for the month of May! :siren:
Edit: My models are from the Forgeworld branch of Games Workshop!

Fish and Chimps fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 27, 2013

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
drat, them's some really nice nobz Deanut Pancer. Lovely bright look but still muted and grimdark.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Raphus C posted:

Raphus C, Oath Complete

You could do Themed Group with this, if you wanted. Also, your models are all backlit which makes for dark photos. I wish I could see your stuff better :)

mehall posted:

http://i.imgur.com/VRkjroE.jpg

Oath Complete!

Bonus: Aww a Baby!

If you wrap your image with TIMG tags instead of URL, it'll show up in a small but expandable box instead of being a link. Also: you missed a possible point for not having your username in your photo. I assume you also know you didn't do the Detektiv's Jurnal. Still: nice little plane there!

I don't mean to pick on either of you guys, I just want everyone to get lots of points! :)

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Vondizimo posted:

Your stuff is so incredibly clean and bright, I love it.

Matgash took first place in the oath contest two years ago. He's got crisp and clean highlights down to an art.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

So much warhams. I'll be glad when the Bones start arriving and we get some variety.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

If you wrap your image with TIMG tags instead of URL, it'll show up in a small but expandable box instead of being a link. Also: you missed a possible point for not having your username in your photo. I assume you also know you didn't do the Detektiv's Jurnal. Still: nice little plane there!

I don't mean to pick on either of you guys, I just want everyone to get lots of points! :)

I did put timg round it, but then it got autolinked and it didn't work and I'm stuck phone posting for a week.

Couldn't put my name in digitally because phone posting, and forgot to do it analog.

And yeah, I'll dpuble up on detektuvs journal.

Thanks!

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

:frogsiren:Oath Complete:frogsiren:

This is a themed group but I haven't come up with a name for the team yet.
And some WIPs for the journal plus a parts list. First one wouldn't upload for some reason.

Primed white, painted robes and gloves Mechrite Red, trousers Adeptus Battlegrey then used a heavy wash of Asurmen Blue:

Painted armour ceramite white and flesh dwarf flesh:

Painted robes again, blood red, highlighted flesh with half and half dwarf flesh and elf flesh. Accidentally got red everywhere and turned large portions of armour pink. Tried to fix it, pink everywhere, gently caress you red paint.

All paints and washes are GW brand, although I did use Halfords primer.

hosed up a lot on these but I have a super busy week now so I had to get them done. Don't know how the basing rules apply to these guys, dreadball is played on a plain black surface (I swear) and those transparent bases are standard.

I really like these sculpts and they were fun to paint although the mold lines were an absolute bitch, with half of them seeming to appear the moment the models were primed.

Phoon fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 27, 2013

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
:toot: OneTrueBru, Oath Complete! :toot:

Note: these all link to their full-size versions on Imgur.

Also, going for Detektuv's Jurnal and Parts List (does that qualify for Double the Fun?)

WIP 1 - Taken after priming/basecoating.

WIP 2 - Details basecoated and the models are varnished prior to washing.

WIP 3 - I completely forgot about the Jurnal, and just barely remembered after washing and a bit of highlighting :v:

PARTS LIST

Citadel paints: chainmail and gryphonne sepia

Vallejo paints (VGC unless noted): black, white, cold grey, stonewall grey, heavy blackgreen, scorpy green, khaki, bonewhite, off-white, sombre grey, wolf grey, charred brown, beasty brown, heavy brown, desert yellow, hexed lichen, warlord purple, bloody red, hot orange, sun yellow, ultramarine blue, VMA rust, VMA steel and VMC old gold

Oil wash: Daler-Rowney graduate oil ivory black (suitably grimdark, the pigment consists of crushed and incinerated bone :black101:) and DIY-grade white spirit

Basing materials: fine sand, yellow/"dry" static grass, Vallejo burnt umber pigment...and cat litter chunklets (:catstare:)

Varnishes: Pledge multi-surface wax, W&N artist's acrylic matt varnish

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
May Oath Complete

Original oath (requested as I added a shield to Nemo). Oh, and these are both Privateer Press models.

Detektuv’s Jurnal

Completed oath

Parts List

Krylon
  • White flat spray paint
  • Black flat spray paint

P3
  • Traitor green
  • Skorne Red
  • Gun Corps Brown
  • Coal Black
  • Menoth White Highlight

GW
  • Nuln Oil
  • Agrax Earthshade
  • Runefang Steel

Folk Art
  • French Blue

Deco Art
  • Black

Delta Ceramcoat
  • Mocha Brown
  • Candy Bar Brown
  • Mediterranean
  • Trail Tan
  • Terracota
  • Nightfall Blue
  • Metallic Bronze
  • Cadet Grey
  • Light Foliage Green
  • Hippo Grey
  • Fleshtone

Basing material by various Woodland Scenics products.

That means Double the Fun! is also achieved!

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Themed group: death from the skies (5 Stormboyz)

The rest:

I used a lamp and irfanview to brighten the pics. The lighting in my flat is poo poo though, so this is the best I can get.

OneTrueBru posted:

drat sexy, I love well painted DA.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 27, 2013

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
:toot:Bonus Oath Complete!:toot:

Thundercloud posted:

Oath Complete!

I've now painted a Federation Dreadnought, 3 Klingon E5 Frigates and a GW Wight King.

On the Wight King I did Speed Painting, Parts List and Box Art.

Start

Finish

Box Art

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1460008a

Games Workshop Wight King Parts List

I partially assembled the model to allow me to airbrush parts of it and to paint hard to reach areas before final assembly. A lot of the base detail and some of the robes/chainmail/skull staff is obscured by the cloak when fully assembled, and the cloak can't be left off unless the body isn't stuck to the scenic base.

If I did this model again I would recommend just fully assembling the drat thing.

VMC = Vallejo Model Colour. VGC = Vallejo Game Colour.

Airbrush - primer - VMC 70950 Black, VGC 72070 Matt Varnish, De-ionised water. Nice smooth hard wearing undercoat.
Cloak - base cost - VGC 28 Dark Green, De-ionised water. Airbrushed on, two thin coats.

While that dried I started on the body.

Robes - basecost - Citadel Base Khorne Red.

Nice deep red colour that can be darkened with a wash and then highlighted.

Armour and Chainmail was basecoated with VGC 72054 Gunmetal with a little VGC 69 glaze medium. Again two thin coats.

On the base, Games Workshop Calthan Brown for the dirt, Citadel Layer Dawnstone on the rocks and the gravestone under the boot. This was washed with Citadel Wash Badab Black on the rocks, gravestone and boot and Citadel Wash Devlan Mud on the dirt. The base was edged with VGC 45 Charred Brown.

Already at this point the model is starting to come together, with only the basecoats for the shield, bronze, fur, bone and some detailing left. At this point my plan is to do all the bone, the inside of the shield and the detailing on the body front, then stick the body together. Both the cloak and the body need a couple of protective coats of varnish before sticking them together.

For bone I use the following process

http://stumpyheaven.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/vc-skeletons-painting-process.html

I start with a base coat of Citadel Khemri Brown, then a Citadel Flesh or Chestnut wash, then three layers of increasingly light colours (medium grey, light grey, white).

However five layers for bone (I think I did eight layers for my warmaster undead, which I think explains why that army didn't get finished) is time consuming, and the for grunt skeletons I'd go airbrush a bone colour, airbrush a wash, drybrush base colour, drybrush highlight.

On the bone I layered VGC 49 Stonewall Grey followed by VGC 47 Wold Grey followed by Citadel Base Ceramite White then a Citadel Sepia wash.

I then went over the Bronze areas in P3 Blighted Gold.

Then came detailing.

The bottle was painted VGC 28 Dark Green, given a wash of Citadel Babab Black, a highlight of P3 Necrotite Green then a wash of Citadel Glaze Waywatcher Green.

The cloak was given a wash of Citadel Wash Badab Black, a highlight drybrush of Citadel Layer Elysian Green and a Wash of Citadel Glaze Waywatcher Green.

Fur on the cloak was Citadel Colour Shadow Grey followed by VGC Wolf Grey.

Detectuvs Jurnal

And the white I got on the dreadnought over a black undercoat from my airbrush before I started oil washing it.

Lessons Learned

Oil Washes, not really brilliant for space ships, though I do think it does look as if the ship has been in a war, which is the effect I was going for.

I suck at putting tiny transfers on hard to reach places on space ships.

I've slightly improved with my airbrush, though I have a very long way to go.

I don't want to paint a Fantasy Battle army any time soon given the sheer number of models involved together with my rampant painting OCD. There's a reason I've collected a few 40k armies based on things that are at least 24 points a model (plague marines, terminators, grey knights).

I'm very impressed with the GW Wight Lord kit.

But wait, there's more.

Better pictures of the Federation Dreadnought

The additional Klingon ships:

Two E4 Frigates

One FD7 Fast Cruiser

One D6 Heavy Cruiser

One D5 War Cruiser

One D5W New Heavy Cruiser

One C8 Dreadnought

The whole lot together

So I should have from this lot

Detectuvs Jurnal
Parts List
Box Art
Speed Painting
Double the Fun

Not bonus points but to make it easier for judges

Themed Group (Klingon Fleet)
Sub 25mm Oath (all starships are 1/3125 scale)

I'll try and take some more pictures of the Wight King, but I'm already starting to put together my Oath for next month. Expect a complete change of pace to something a lot more ground poundery.

Thundercloud fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 27, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

mehall posted:

I did put timg round it, but then it got autolinked and it didn't work and I'm stuck phone posting for a week.

Couldn't put my name in digitally because phone posting, and forgot to do it analog.

And yeah, I'll dpuble up on detektuvs journal.

Thanks!

OK, no worries man.

Phoon posted:

Don't know how the basing rules apply to these guys, dreadball is played on a plain black surface (I swear) and those transparent bases are standard.

Neither do I! The general rules are that if the mini isn't supposed to be based, you get the point for free. But I'd like someone familiar with dreadball to please confirm, or alternatively, krushgroove please verify.

OneTrueBru posted:

Want to make this a themed group? It can't hurt!

Raphus C posted:

Much, much better! If you haven't done so already, please edit these photos into your original Oath Complete post, just to make sure the judges see them.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k

Leperflesh posted:

Want to make this a themed group? It can't hurt!

Thanks for reminding me! They're not the most imaginative grouping, but I may as well enter them.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Neither do I! The general rules are that if the mini isn't supposed to be based, you get the point for free. But I'd like someone familiar with dreadball to please confirm, or alternatively, krushgroove please verify.

Yeah, Dreadball minis should be left on the clear base. It's so you can see what kind of hex they're standing on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, I'm going to give that point unless someone protests with a good reason why I shouldn't.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sounds good to me!

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

Not gonna say it's my best work, but it is what it is given the sort of bad sculpts and the difficulty of painting swamp beasts that look sharp or clean. Also they are sort of shiny because they are supposed to be slimy but that makes pictures hard.

Here's my original oath:

quote:

:siren: I, JoshTheStampede, being of sound mind and body, hereby oath 3 Silurids, from Malifaux by Wyrd Miniatures, for the month of May! :siren:

Do I get to claim Aww a Baby if I have changed my username since the last oath thread? :v:

And the Detective's Journal WIP pics:

After the first airbrushed coat of green:

Then after some airbrush highlights, the purples, and a wash or two:

Then after the resin water was poured:

And the final result! Again, sorry for the bad photos, I'll do better next month!

Parts List:

metal Silurid models from Malifaux
Zap-a-Gap super glue
Secret Weapon resin bases - Blasted Wetlands
Rustoleum grey spraycan primer

VGC Cayman Green
VGC Camo Green
GW Athonian Camoshade
Reaper Burgundy Wine
P3 Murderous Magenta
P3 Coal Black
GW Chaos Black
P3 Jack Bone
P3 Menoth White Base
Daler-Rowney FW artist inks - sepia, green, black
Golden flow improver
Liquitex matte medium
Woodland Scenics Realistic Water
Pledge with Future Shine acrylic floor polish
Liquitex matte varnish
Army Painter swamp grass tufts

So that's also Double The Fun!

Quest Jefferson
Mar 27, 2010
OATH COMPLETE!
I bought my Retribution army (sans the Chimera) second hand off another guy at my local shop, it's great to finally get off my rear end and paint some of it.

I am submitting these as a Themed Group

Detectuv's Journal
For extra fun, see if you can figure out when I looked up other painted Discordias to see how they were done and figured out the guy I bought it from glued the blade arms on backwards!
Here's after airbrushing:

After most of the basecoat:

Before washes, second highlights, touch-up and basing:

Parts List:
P3 White Primer
VMC Violet
VMC Blue Violet
VMC Black Green
VMC Intermediate Green
VGC Goblin Green
VMC Orange Red
P3 Cygnus Yellow
P3 Jack Bone
P3 Menoth White Highlight
P3 Hammerfall Khaki
P3 Pig Iron
P3 Rhulic Gold
P3 Molten Bronze
P3 Armor Wash
Liquitex Matte Medium
P3 Cold Steel
Liquitex Flow-Aid
Vallejo Metal Medium
Vallejo Matte Varnish
Vallejo Gloss Varnish
Gale Force Foundation Sand
Gale Force Summer Flock
Citadel Middenlund Tufts
A 40mm plastic mirror I found around the house (shattered pieces of it in the Chimera's base)

With a Detectuv's Journal and another One-Time Bonus, I'm having Double the fun!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
This is my favorite time of the oath month :) Lots of great stuff coming in! Unfortunately for me, this year it means I have to organize everything into slideshows and mail various things out, but oh well! Lots of people get free stuff, that's the point.

Just to clarify things on the prize draws, we have drawn up some words regarding:
Prize Maximums
We will be limiting how many times a single participant can win the random prizes, as follows:
1. Maximum random prizes: When random prizes are drawn for month, bi-month, and quarterly prizes, you can only win one prize. If you are randomly selected to win more than one prize, Leperflesh will let you pick which one you want; additional prize(s) are then re-rolled and awarded to another goon. For example, if you win both the Dragon Forge and the Corvus Belli monthly prize givaway, you'd get to pick which prize you want and the other is re-rolled.

2. Maximum recurring prizes: If you win the same prize in two different terms (months, bi-months, quarters), it will be re-rolled and awarded to a different goon. For example, if you win the Springer-Pinsel Kolinsky Brush givaway one week in June, and then again in August, the August win is voided and rerolled for someone else. As another example, you can't win the Bi-Monthly Themed Group prize more than once, even if you make lots of themed groups. You can only win Bachtere Paints you a Thing once.

3. These rules do not apply to: prizes won through judging, one-time prizes, and prizes which are in different categories. For example, you could win Manifest's Best Conversion twice, because judging conversions is up to Manifest so it's up to him to pick whoever he wants. You could win a Springer-Pinsel Kolinsky Brush in June, and a Corvus Belli miniature in July, and you'd get to have both. You could win one of the Grand Prizes by placing in the top 10 for points, and also win one of the End of Season Prizes. You could win the special prize for Diorama, and also win the special prize for Display Board, because the winners are selected by the judges.

The above has been put into the OP so it'll be easy to find in the future.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!!:pcgaming:
I'm very thankful for this oath thread, otherwise this guy would have taken twice as long. There's no better motivator than the thought of staying competitive for the rest of the year.

1 Skorne Mammoth

Detektuvz Jurnal:

Parts List

Skin:
Decoart Americana Grey Sky
Ceramite White
Nuln Oil

Armor:
Mechanicus Standard Grey
Nuln Oil
Eshin Grey
Evil Sunz Scarlet
Gehenna's Gold
Mithril Silver
Baal Red
Tallarn Flesh
Agrax Earthshade/Devlan Mud

Other:
Bleached Bone/Ushabti Bone
Maccrage Blue
Enchanted Blue
Hardcoat
Mephiston Red
Blazing Orange
Leadbelcher
Abaddon Black

Also Double the Fun

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dagon posted:

They are fictional magazine covers from Blade Runner, Magazines from the Future, and Cut-Rate Books, shrunk to a quarter inch tall in word and printed on my color laser on semi-gloss paper. I fit a ton of them on a page, along with some signs and posters and graffiti and such for later use, and just snipped them up and glued them on. Future litter!

I'm sure I forgot to thank you for your contribution to using up color toner at my workplace...

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

This is my favorite time of the oath month :) Lots of great stuff coming in! Unfortunately for me, this year it means I have to organize everything into slideshows and mail various things out, but oh well! Lots of people get free stuff, that's the point.

:D

When will you post June's Detektiv's Jurnal requirements? I have a few things in mind that I'm undecided on oathing and just want to know if I can throw myself at my June oath straight away over the weekend or if it'll be a few days wait for the details of the jurnal? It may or may not decide me oath, that's all :ohdear:

Sorry for being an impatient git :D

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Since the new-oath cutoff date has gone by, is it too late to edit a Double the Fun into my initial post (and is it cool to use DtF for Awww, a baby and Detektuv's Jurnal, or am I misinterpreting that ruling)?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

When will you post June's Detektiv's Jurnal requirements?
The last day of each month, or the first day of each month otherwise, unless I'm unable to post (in which case I'll give the details to Leperflesh to post).

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Since the new-oath cutoff date has gone by, is it too late to edit a Double the Fun into my initial post (and is it cool to use DtF for Awww, a baby and Detektuv's Jurnal, or am I misinterpreting that ruling)?

Awwww, a BABY! doesn't count towards the Double The Fun bonus, sorry. You can quote your oath completed post if the bonuses you've done count towards Double The Fun, to make sure you're counted on the spreadsheet.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

e: Never mind!

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Well looks like my oath for this month is not getting completed. Went to spray it white to get started just now and the spray came out runny as hell and it's filled in every scrap of detail on the model. Just gonna have to salvage the model for painting another time I guess. What the gently caress is wrong with this spray can?

PS. I hear talk of simple green for removing paint. Anyone know where you can get this or an equivalent in the UK?

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 28, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ActionZero posted:

PS. I hear talk of simple green for removing paint. Anyone know where you can get this or an equivalent in the UK?

Dettol, or if you have an Aldi nearby (and who doesn't?!) ask them where their All-in-1 is.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Or alternatively, fairy power spray does a great job too

edit: meant to say, thanks KG for the clarification on the next months oath details! :v:

enri fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 29, 2013

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I updated my Oath Complete post with a picture I took the other day with one of my oathed models In Battle!. The pictures did not all turn out great, but here is one of the better ones showing my knight with a bunch of other knights marching across the battle field.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hooray, I can say :siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

I oathed one Deathkopta. Here is this bad dude:

For the Detekuv's Journal, here are some progress shots. Stage one DRYBRUSH EVERYTHING:

Stage two: Paint flames. On god why did I do the dark blue first arrrrgh.

Stage three: Leather and metal up in this poo poo!

I wish I had kept track of what I used on this but I made up a lot of it going along and forgot to keep track so oh well, I am going to have to get that point another day!

Edit: drat, now these are uploaded they are smaller than I thought, oh well. Hopefully big enough!

Bionic Psyker
Apr 23, 2009

Bionic Psyker posted:

1 Drop pod
10 Sword brethren (to be used as vets, characters or special weapons)
2 Techmarines

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Bonuses: The Detektuv’s Jurnal, Parts List, Themed Group, Double the Fun!

Closeup Pics:

Detektuv's Jurnal:

The drop pod was highlighted with an airbrush, and prayers were written on with a Sakura gel pen.

I then used a small piece of sponge and stipled Rust Brown on joints and creases.

Then I went back over the rusted areas with a sponged on chainmail silver.

Parts List:

Games Workshop:
Chaos Black
Caliban Green
Scorpion Green
Zhandri Dust
Ushabti Bone
Screaming Skull
Mephiston Red
Wild Rider Red
Mithril Silver
Dheneb Stone
Nuln Oil
Gryphonne Sepia
Devlan Mud
Ogryn Flesh

Reaper Master Series:
Rust Brown
Tanned Skin
Tanned Highlight
Tanned Shadow

Vallejo Model Color:
Grey Blue
Foundation White
Ivory

Vallejo Game Color:
Beasty Brown
Leather Brown
Ultramarine Blue
Magic Blue
Electric Blue
Chainmail Silver
Polished Gold

Basing:
Vallejo Dark Earth gel
Galeforce 9 Arid Static Grass

Bionic Psyker fucked around with this message at 07:57 on May 31, 2013

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...
OATH COMPLETE!

Bonuses:The Detektuv’s Jurnal, Parts List, Double the Fun!

Despite being into the game since second edition, this is the first squad of marines I've ever actually painted. Pretty happy with how they turned out.

Detektuv's Jurnal:

After priming with the Army Painter primer I gave everything the once over with Secret Weapon's Soft Body Black Wash. This runs pretty nicely into all the grooves in the power armour and doesn't darken the base colour too much.

Adding my first coat of GW Ceramite White over Vallejo Stonewall Gray. Took a lot more coats of this to get a nice clean white than I expected...

Dunking in the static grass. We were hit with a cold snap overnight which meant the PVA glue I used dried white instead of clear. So I ended up having to paint over some of the grass to tidy things up.

Parts List:

Primer:
Army Painter - Platemail Metal Primer

Paints:
Army Painter - Gun Metal
Army Painter - Platemail Metal
Army Painter - Strongtone Wash
Citadel - Abaddon Black
Citadel - Auric Armour Gold
Citadel - Ceramite White
Citadel - Evil Sunz Scarlet
Citadel - Hashup Copper
Citadel - Hawk Turquoise
Citadel - Mephiston Red
P3 - Menoth White Highlight
P3 - Solid Gold
Secret Weapon - Soft Body Black Wash
Vallejo Game Color - Beasty Brown
Vallejo Game Color - Brassy Brass
Vallejo Game Color - Charred Brown
Vallejo Game Color - Khaki
Vallejo Game Color - Stonewall Grey
Vallejo Game Extra Opaque - Heavy Warmgrey
Vallejo Model Color - Beige Red
Vallejo Model Color - Basalt Grey
Vallejo Model Color - Dark Sand
Vallejo Model Color - Deep Sky Blue
Vallejo Model Color - German Camo Beige
Vallejo Panzer Aces - Periscopes
Vallejo Wash - Fleshtone Shade
Vallejo Wash - Sepia Shade

Basing:

Gale Force 9 Dead/Winter Static Grass
Greenfingers Filtered Sand
Woodland Scenics Medium Grey Ballast

Misc:
Liquitex Flow Aid
Liquitex Fluid Retarder
Sakura Micron Pen 005 Black
Vallejo Glaze Medium

Being my first squad i fluffed around with a few different options so there are a few more paints in there than I would ultimately end up using for the basic paint scheme.

Bring on next month :cheers:

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Oath Complete

Bonuses:The Detektuv’s Jurnal, Parts List, Double the Fun!
Did what I could with what is honestly a pretty hideous model, especially in the face. The first group of Hordes troll models weren't great on the whole "consistent anatomy" or "dynamic sculpt" fronts. Also wanted to get better pictures, but Lock and Load is this weekend, and I just don't have the time to light this well.

WIPs:

Taken after I've done the skin and scarf and basecoated the leather and loincloth thingy.

Some washes and highlights later, along with the metal bits.

Hammer done, base mid-wash.

Additional angles:

Parts List
Primer
Duplicolor sandable auto primer (White)

Paints
P3 Bloodstone
P3 Khador Red Base
P3 Sanguine Base
P3 Rucksack Tan
P3 Bloodtracker Brown
P3 Trollblood Base
P3 Pig Iron
P3 Thamar Black
VGC Heavy Goldbrown
RMS Palamino Gold
VMC Ice Yellow
VMC Ivory
VMC Pale Grey Blue
VMA Wood
VMA Flourescent Red
VMA Steel
VLG Copper
GW Seraphim Sepia
GW Agrax Earthshade
GW Nuln Oil
GW Mephiston Red

Pigment
AK Interactive Dark Earth
Prismacolor Nupastel Dark Ochre
Prismacolor Nupastel Brick Red

Basing Material
Sand
Army Painter Winter Tufts

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Leperflesh, I've edited my original post to claim the 'double the fun!' bonus point if that's ok.

If I've done it wrong, let me know and I'll fix her up asap :allears:

Frog of War
May 1, 2008
Oath Complete!

Some sketchy photos incoming

Detektuv's Jurnal:

Some colour blocked and weapons partially rusted

Basic colours

Looking much more at home in their natural environment, prowling the Underhive on the search for some House prey:

Parts List:

Army Painter Uniform Grey Primer

Vallejo Model Color Smoke - copious quantities
Vallejo Model Color Tan-Earth
Vallejo Model Color Beige Brown
Vallejo Model Color Leather Brown
Vallejo Model Color German Camo Med Brown
Vallejo Model Color USA Olive Drab
Vallejo Model Color German Fieldgrey
Vallejo Model Color Burnt Cadmium Red
Vallejo Model Color Golden Olive
Vallejo Model Color English Uniform

Formula P3 Hammerfall Khaki
Formula P3 White Menoth Base

Citadel Boltgun Metal
Citadel Tin bitz
Vallejo Model Color Copper
Citadel Macharius Solar Orange

Citadel Hormagaunt Purple
Citadel Snakebite Leather

Bases - I wanna say Micro Art?!?

So as long as I did everything correctly that would also be Awww, a baby and Double the Fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: I have a question about my conversion oath.:siren:

I did not take a picture before I converted them, but I have a picture CyberlordXP sent me when I was going to purchase the minis from him. They are the models in white primer and the Seargant in bare plastic would this count or no?

• Locked thread