Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

rock2much posted:

Which trees are you specing into? The fire damage and the middle/melee one?

I specced to Bloodsplosion and Release the Beast with a Diesel Sickle class mod (gives me a +5 in silence the voices and a +43% Melee damage). Because of that I mostly stick with the Love Thumper. With this build I have done just over 77million damage off of Bloodsplosion, when that poo poo gets going it's a goddam freight train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Neo Helbeast posted:

I specced to Bloodsplosion and Release the Beast with a Diesel Sickle class mod (gives me a +5 in silence the voices and a +43% Melee damage). Because of that I mostly stick with the Love Thumper. With this build I have done just over 77million damage off of Bloodsplosion, when that poo poo gets going it's a goddam freight train.

Father of 12 bastards! That is crazy awesome. I'm gonna have to run that spec this weekend and play with it.

I might have to snag a love thumper off someone though. And a level 61 diesel sickle.

Krampus Grewcock fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 29, 2013

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Pretty much any build you can think of works well for Krieg.

Bloodlust + Hellborn - over 100% damage reduction, 30+ second buzz axe rampages, healing from causing DOTs and melee kills increase explosion damage + bloodsplosions. Flame of the Firehawk preferred, I think for massive DOTs and increased explosion damage.

Mania + Hellborn - Massive melee damage, chain release the beast, keep your shields down very very long so firehawk or melee shield.

Bloodlust + Mania - Lovethumper and release the beast, since Lovethumper melee damage will get modified by both +Melee buffs AND +explosion buffs, I think. Don't even have to release the beast and could just run around with a rubi.

That said some of his skills are just puzzling. Why is the fifth tier skill in bloodlust +reload speed? Who the gently caress takes that over stack retention? And assault rifle damage in fight for your life? Useless.

I have trouble cycling in his bloodlust tree. Gun -> Melee -> Grenade -> Gun. You can kind of get around this by using torgue weapons o rockets, but I'm not sure what counts as explosions from torgue guns.

Overkill healing seems bad, but one point seems enough.

Light the Fuse sucks, like every other skill that does damage. Damage dealing skills should scale to weapon DPS or something like Diablo.

jackofarcades fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 29, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

KidKrampus posted:

Father of 12 bastards! That is crazy awesome. I'm gonna have to run that spec this weekend and play with it.

I might have to snag a love thumper off someone though. And a level 61 diesel sickle.

I'll give you a copy of mine when I get on later tonight.

jackofarcades posted:

Pretty much any build you can think of works well for Krieg.

Bloodlust + Hellborn - over 100% damage reduction, 30+ second buzz axe rampages, healing from causing DOTs and melee kills increase explosion damage + bloodsplosions. Flame of the Firehawk preferred, I think for massive DOTs and increased explosion damage.

Mania + Hellborn - Massive melee damage, chain release the beast, keep your shields down very very long so firehawk or melee shield.

Bloodlust + Mania - Lovethumper and release the beast, since Lovethumper melee damage will get modified by both +Melee buffs AND +explosion buffs, I think. Don't even have to release the beast and could just run around with a rubi.

That said some of his skills are just puzzling. Why is the fifth tier skill in bloodlust +reload speed? Who the gently caress takes that over stack retention? And assault rifle damage in fight for your life? Useless.

I have trouble cycling in his bloodlust tree. Gun -> Melee -> Grenade -> Gun. You can kind of get around this by using torgue weapons o rockets, but I'm not sure what counts as explosions from torgue guns.

Overkill healing seems bad, but one point seems enough.

Light the Fuse sucks, like every other skill that does damage. Damage dealing skills should scale to weapon DPS or something like Diablo.

Thrill of the Kill is a mandatory skill in my opinion. And yeah a lot of his skills are pretty useless(Really, weapon swap speed?).

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 29, 2013

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

jackofarcades posted:

To me there really isn't very much middle ground for skill utility in this game. Either the skill is really good and useful or just completely worthless in most situations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I picked this up on the steam sale and started out with Zer0. I just managed to finish "Bright Lights, Flying City" when I realized I was just bored playing as a sniper and melee didn't appeal to me. I rerolled as the mecromancer and am loving it so far. Does anyone have any suggested builds or recommended skills for Gaige?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

It's not fair if you say this:

jackofarcades posted:

followed with

jackofarcades posted:

I have trouble cycling in his bloodlust tree. Gun -> Melee -> Grenade -> Gun.

- because it makes me think you should re-consider using some of those skills you question.

Ultimately, I agree with you, and I haven't bothered slagging anything yet at lvl 49. Once that Mania freight train starts up, it's a pleasure to keep it running smoothly. I owe it to Hamb0nius for dragging me through the Bar Brawl ten times, because I jumped from lvl 42 to 48 in about half an hour.

jackofarcades posted:

Light the Fuse sucks, like every other skill that does damage.
Dunno about this either, as I'm using a class mod with +23% explosion ability that bumps my dynamite damage when in FFYL /LtF. Since I rarely slag anything, I'm normally throwing explosive buzzaxes at an alarming rate with the Sheriff's Badge relic and that winds up killing drat-near everything before the Bloodlust stacks deplete my Rampage.

It's really fun to get into this playstyle, but I humbly hosed up everything when switching to my Mechromancer and promptly making GBS threads my Anarchy stacks away because of early reloading habits creeping back. :gay:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So what's the best method to grind out 58-61? Finished the main quest lines in UVHM for the main story, DLC1+2 with tons of side quests and all of DLC3 left but if there is a fast way to grind the last three levels I'd rather do that, gear up and do the side quests with 61 Legendaries.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

So what's the best method to grind out 58-61? Finished the main quest lines in UVHM for the main story, DLC1+2 with tons of side quests and all of DLC3 left but if there is a fast way to grind the last three levels I'd rather do that, gear up and do the side quests with 61 Legendaries.

You beat all that and you're still not 61? Twice now I've gotten to level 61 just after after finishing Opportunity.

fungi^2
Oct 2, 2004

people say i'm a fun guy
I've been stuck on the last mission for a good while, but it's past the point of no return. Can I get some goons to help me out here, or will the game not let me?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Speedboat Jones posted:

You beat all that and you're still not 61? Twice now I've gotten to level 61 just after after finishing Opportunity.

I did my usual routine from TVHM when the cap was 50 and skipped all the side quests for when I was capped. Can go back and do a ton of those to cap if necessary, it'd just be easier if there was a mindless grind I can do while watching TV like Fleshstick used to be. I've got an itch to farm bosses for Legendaries but it's kind of pointless so close to the cap.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

I'll give you a copy of mine when I get on later tonight.

Thrill of the Kill is a mandatory skill in my opinion. And yeah a lot of his skills are pretty useless(Really, weapon swap speed?).

I swear by thrill of the kill simply because I love killing an enemy, who's low on health, with one melee attack and getting all my health back. Also I think it's completely dependent on how you want to play krieg for skills like weapon swap speed. Buddy of mine is not interested in his melee abilities at all so faster swap speed is like a godsend to get he bloodlust train going. Plus I swear by Axton's faster weapon swaps because I goddamn hate having slow swap speeds. Same for faster reloading on any character.

Edit: Also I love light the fuses cause I find myself dying a lot more without it. Best way to use it is learning who is weak to explosion damage and keeping that enemy alive until the very end just in case you happen to go down.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 29, 2013

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Jake Blues posted:

It's not fair if you say this:

followed with

- because it makes me think you should re-consider using some of those skills you question.

In general I have problem with kill skills since I'm always playing with other people, so they're not guaranteed. My wife has Hellborn and FotFH while my brother has release the beast. Also my guns are kind of bad right now. So I have a hard time getting that initial gun kill and then keeping the train going .

Still don't think a little weapon swap speed or reload speed will help, especially when at this point they'd be taking away points from better skills like salt the wound.

My current opening move is essentially: throw a tesla or bouncing betty, shoot a little bit with a vladof, and once my stacks are above 50 I rampage and hopefully never die. Unless I'm facing buzzards in which case I just die.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

fungi^2 posted:

I've been stuck on the last mission for a good while, but it's past the point of no return. Can I get some goons to help me out here, or will the game not let me?
What's your console and username? Also, some things like level/playthough, character, guns and the like would be helpful.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

jackofarcades posted:

Unless I'm facing buzzards in which case I just die.

Buzzards can eat a bag of dicks.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
Neo Helbeast and I just loving cleared out the Bar Room Brawl with his bloodsplosion build and it is loving insane. He is not kidding when he says it can do upwards of hundreds of millions of damage once it gets started. I had a chain going that was just instantly killing ultimate bad asses.

Thanks again dude for the gear, and the build, you are awesome hot poo poo, for real.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Neo Helbeast posted:

Actually, I find Blood Twitch to be quite valuable in UVHM when you need to rapidly switch between your main Slag weapon and your primary damage dealer. It's drat near instant when it procs, and running a mostly Hellborn spec, what else am I going to put the points in to?

BGrifter posted:

Pyro Pete's bar brawl is seriously one of the fastest ways to grind out your last few levels.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Soylent Pudding posted:

I picked this up on the steam sale and started out with Zer0. I just managed to finish "Bright Lights, Flying City" when I realized I was just bored playing as a sniper and melee didn't appeal to me. I rerolled as the mecromancer and am loving it so far. Does anyone have any suggested builds or recommended skills for Gaige?

If you want the excitement of big damage and not being able to hit anything, I recommend the Ordered Chaos tree (right most). Having 400 stacks of Anarchy is amazing.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

If it's your first playthrough, BFF is the best to go down. In normal mode, Deathtrap can murder everything and you can keep him alive for a long time with Upshot Robot. OC is a fun playstyle but it has a learning curve to it. LBT is fun too, especially chaining kills, but again it isn't necessary for your first playthrough.

I just noticed something too during my UVHM Krieg run. In X-COMmunicated, the e-tech assault rifle you're given for the quest will change stats every time you load the game. Having a fire version is making this a lot easier.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Dr.Smasher posted:

If you want the excitement of big damage and not being able to hit anything, I recommend the Ordered Chaos tree (right most). Having 400 stacks of Anarchy is amazing.

Of course, investing in "Close Enough" from the Best Friends Forever tree helps compensate for your lack of accuracy.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

KidKrampus posted:

Neo Helbeast and I just loving cleared out the Bar Room Brawl with his bloodsplosion build and it is loving insane. He is not kidding when he says it can do upwards of hundreds of millions of damage once it gets started. I had a chain going that was just instantly killing ultimate bad asses.

Thanks again dude for the gear, and the build, you are awesome hot poo poo, for real.

This post makes me happy. Also I need to revise my highest damage to 352108K or 352 million damage.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 29, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I guess I don't have any more excuses for not respeccing to bloodlust/mania. being on fire is pretty fun, but I can't front on that kind of DPS.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Neo Helbeast posted:

This post makes me happy. Also I need to revise my highest damage to 352108K or 352 million damage.

Could you do a psycho make over for me as well? I want to be a badass psycho killer!

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

delpheye posted:

I guess I don't have any more excuses for not respeccing to bloodlust/mania. being on fire is pretty fun, but I can't front on that kind of DPS.

Bloodsplosion is more situational because it's based on overkill damage and grouped mobs.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

jackofarcades posted:

Bloodsplosion is more situational because it's based on overkill damage and grouped mobs.

edit: eh gently caress it. wtf do I know?

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
Situational does not apply to the majesty of bloodsplosion. Use it every time, all the time.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hamb0nius, or whomever recognizes the following:
(apologies because I am stupid and forgetful)
What are the launchers you stuck on your Gunzerker that spew rockets all over the place? Specific flavor of Norfleet?
It had the PBFG spheres killing everything too, if that helps the description. Is that something anyone could dupe me in the future, or something I could earn through some quest spamming?

I've gone through the story at least six full times now, and I've rarely done side missions. I went into Lynchwood for the first time the other day, and only to get that Sheriff's Badge relic. I did all the Cult Following missions yesterday, for the first time ever, and explored so much more of this map than I thought it actually contained. Made me even more excited to jump into the DLC - and going into a lot of unexplored territory is refreshingly enjoyable because I'm challenged on who to expect to fight next.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 29, 2013

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Okay, Gaige with Anarchy and the bullet ricochet ability is just too hilarious. I'm blowing through areas that caused me no end of trouble as Zer0 and I'm having a blast doing it. Bouncing shots around corners and off the wall behind shield carrying enemies to hit them in the rear end is just way too :hellyeah:. The death robot is pretty too cool I guess.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

KidKrampus posted:

Situational does not apply to the majesty of bloodsplosion. Use it every time, all the time.

Speaking of which, I figured out how Bloodsplosion scales so quickly. Each Bloodlust stack gives an extra 5% damage to the explosion of Bloodsplosion which caps out at 500% then from there (Assuming melee is what kicked off the whole thing) it gets an extra 15% from strip the flesh because it gets a generic explosive damage. So it goes 1000-700% Melee +43% Melee Mod& 25% Melee Relic + 150K Love thumper + 500% explosion + 15% eplosion bonus= Help, all I can see is orange.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

Speaking of which, I figured out how Bloodsplosion scales so quickly. Each Bloodlust stack gives an extra 5% damage to the explosion of Bloodsplosion which caps out at 500% then from there (Assuming melee is what kicked off the whole thing) it gets an extra 15% from strip the flesh because it gets a generic explosive damage. So it goes 1000-700% Melee +43% Melee Mod& 25% Melee Relic + 150K Love thumper + 500% explosion + 15% eplosion bonus= Help, all I can see is orange.

I want to do this! How quickly can I hope to go from level 53 to 61? :doom:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Neo Helbeast posted:

Oh, I didn't know this.

Anyway all I meant was that Bloodspslosion is always good, but it really gets insane numbers in certain places like Pyro Pete.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I'm only just starting the second playthrough with my Krieg, but I was messing around with Bloodlust when I was going through Sawtooth Cauldron on the first run and somehow managed to chain a Bloodsplosion halfway around the big circular bandit camp while doing the flag raising thing. I was rampaging and chucked an axe at a guy in the distance, it hit him in the head, and next thing I knew everything was exploding and I got like 30 kills in the span of a couple of seconds. Bloodsplosion is basically fantastic. My only regret is that I didn't manage to catch any of the damage numbers.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neo Helbeast posted:

Don't percentages accumulate by multiplicative instead of additive properties? If that's true this is just an even more intense stacking of effects.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Speedboat Jones posted:

Don't percentages accumulate by multiplicative instead of additive properties? If that's true this is just an even more intense stacking of effects.

That's what I had originally thought but a Gearbox employee came out and said that Krieg didn't work that way and then didn't elaborate further. As far as my best guess goes this how I figure it works.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Release The Beast is amazing, if you can keep getting damaged you can just keep chaining it.

I find it hard to go back to non Krieg characters now :(

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

Release The Beast is amazing, if you can keep getting damaged you can just keep chaining it.

I find it hard to go back to non Krieg characters now :(

Throw your axe at your feet as Release the Beast ends to get it immediately again.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

Hellbeast - would you mind doing a mini write-up of your skilltree and the gear you're using for your insanity?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Mania
Empty the Rage 5
Feed the Meat 5
Strip the Flesh 5
Thrill of the Kill 3
Salt the Wound 5
Silence the Voices 5
Release the Beast 1

Bloodlust
Blood Twitch 5
Blood Filled Guns 5
Blood Bath 5
Buzz Axe Bombardier 1
Fuel the Blood 5
Boiling Blood 5
Bloodsplosion 1

Gear
Rapier
Love Thumper (150K Roid)
Diesel Sickle Class Mod (+6 Fuel the Blood, +5 Silence the voices) 43% Melee Damage
Strength Relic 25% Melee damage

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

It's sick, to be sure. I think I'm sticking with 1000000000000000000000 fire bursts tho. It fits with my play style of running into a giant mob of mobs and shooting them in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm assuming you stick to throwing the axe to avoid conking yourself in the head to death?

Speaking of which can you trigger a bloodsplosion death nova if you kill youself with melee? It'd be pretty cool I think :v:

• Locked thread