Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Duranki posted:

Any tips on how to score a 15-kill combo in Dead Ahead? The best I've managed is 12, and that was without trying.

Play on harder maps and go slow so that zombies chase you. Then just try to run over a group and rush to another, shooting back at zombies to keep up the combo if necessary. Alternatively you can go as fast as possible and hope to run tons of zombies over.

You'll get it eventually (cause the game eventually asks for 50 and 150 kill combos).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
Promo codes as promised:

XA9J6JXR9YNP
6JLTRAL64MA6
3L7ANTN6K46P
LEXJXHPXPPHJ
NPM67HWK7RMY
TLLW3XTYALJ4
3TK7J7NALPPW

Not sure how SA does redeeming now-a-days, but try not to spam the thread with redemption stuff, last time I did this, the replies pissed off the natives.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
NPM67HWK7RMY Redeemed.

I was reading about this game earlier on Touch Arcade. Glad to see it's goon developed because at least then it's got some actual potential.

Will update with my thoughts soon.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Er... I claimed either 6JLTRAL64MA6 or 3L7ANTN6K46P :ohdear:

Had another copied just in case the first one was already taken but one of those two should be free, I just forgot which one. Sorry!

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

hippieman posted:

Promo codes as promised:

XA9J6JXR9YNP
6JLTRAL64MA6
3L7ANTN6K46P
LEXJXHPXPPHJ
NPM67HWK7RMY
TLLW3XTYALJ4
3TK7J7NALPPW

Not sure how SA does redeeming now-a-days, but try not to spam the thread with redemption stuff, last time I did this, the replies pissed off the natives.

All of them already used sadly. Post when you take em people!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This thread is visible to the public so they weren't even necessarily taken by goons. Either way, we appreciate the enthusiasm.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Aw. drat pubbies. Thanks though!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Awww I'm bummed I missed those codes. I was thinking of starting another game of Recettear.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It's probably for the best, I'm starting an internship this week and late night distractions are probably bad.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I got one of the codes but it needed a higher ios version than the one my card can support to allow me to use my phone as a phone so welp.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

All of them already used sadly. Post when you take em people!

I took one, but the guy who posted them asked us not to post when we redeemed them, so I stayed silent.

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski
I hope they tweaked existing stuff in the Kingdom Rush sequel instead of just adding tons of now stuff to it (heroes sucked + different upgrades to existing towers would be nice). Depending on the price it's definitely a release day pickup!

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Duranki posted:

Any tips on how to score a 15-kill combo in Dead Ahead? The best I've managed is 12, and that was without trying.

Later you have to do a 150 kill combo. Using the quick reload/double ammo with the grenade launcher helped but it depended on luck with zombie placement up ahead. In general, if there's a lull in zombies to run over ahead its best to try pick one off to keep the kill count ticking over.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

heiden posted:

I hope they tweaked existing stuff in the Kingdom Rush sequel instead of just adding tons of now stuff to it (heroes sucked + different upgrades to existing towers would be nice). Depending on the price it's definitely a release day pickup!

I think that's basically what happened. Same base towers, but new branches added and new skills for the existing ones. Heroes now have their own skill tree and can be "leveled up" in a way that persists across rounds. Doesn't sound revolutionary, but the old game was SO tight mechanically that I'd be happy to pay for more.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
Does anyone have a recommendation for a poker app? If possible, something geared toward the total novice? A friend just taught me how to play Texas hold'em and I'd like to practice a little.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Captain Matchbox posted:

Later you have to do a 150 kill combo. Using the quick reload/double ammo with the grenade launcher helped but it depended on luck with zombie placement up ahead. In general, if there's a lull in zombies to run over ahead its best to try pick one off to keep the kill count ticking over.

This is the best advice. As you play you'll get a sense for how long the combo timer lasts so you can just shoot chasers to keep a combo active while you make your way to the next group to run over.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Captain Matchbox posted:

And after that its a 200 kill combo. :gonk: As someone who almost posted this exact question last night, I can confirm that this is the way to do it. It also depends a bit on getting lucky zombie placement, so don't get discouraged if you just can't seem to break a 50 kill combo for a few games.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Hellburger99 posted:

And after that its a 200 kill combo. :gonk: As someone who almost posted this exact question last night, I can confirm that this is the way to do it. It also depends a bit on getting lucky zombie placement, so don't get discouraged if you just can't seem to break a 50 kill combo for a few games.
I really wish they'd taken the Jetpack Joyride approach and had rolling and skippable objectives as opposed to the Tiny Wings "you are literally never going to manage this" approach.

The art is ridiculously lovely though. The games aesthetic is what's keeping me going more than anything.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

MissMarple posted:

I really wish they'd taken the Jetpack Joyride approach and had rolling and skippable objectives as opposed to the Tiny Wings "you are literally never going to manage this" approach.

Yeah, JJ has a good approach. I think Punch Quest probably does it best.

Speaking of Punch Quest, I got back into it again recently. It's still my favourite endless thingy I think.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
I'm stuck on the 200 quad bike rundowns now. That thing rides like a brick.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Teddybear posted:

So... this is kinda an iOS game, in that your phone is the controller for the on-screen game.

http://chrome.com/campaigns/rollit

This is a pretty cool proof of concept

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a poker app? If possible, something geared toward the total novice? A friend just taught me how to play Texas hold'em and I'd like to practice a little.

Well Poker Night 2 effectively taught me how to play it as it assumes you're a little unfamiliar. Just be aware that apparently it seems to be the case that performance may suffer if you have an older device.
Also be aware that the main selling point of this one is the character banter so if you don't know/like the guys in it it might fall a bit flat.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

hippieman posted:

I havn't posted here in a long while, but me and goon haveblue's new game comes out Thursday.

Merchant to the Stars

You play as the owner of the shop that all the RGP heroes visit to sell the stuff they find in dungeons. You buy their items, scrap for parts, upgrade weapons and try to match the right item to a hero who needs it.

It's all done procedurally so there are millions of items with the kind of Diablo 2 style name/rarity patters.

The game is 99 cents and has no IAP. Anyway I just wanted to give a heads up, and I'll do some promo codes later tonight so that people are off from work and can redeem them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLnC0f3M10g
Awesome trailer for my button pressing simulator.

This looks really cool.

Seconding the "remind us about this when it hits the store" sentiment, I'd have no problem tossing out $.99 on it.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

MissMarple posted:

Temple Run 2 is particularly bad for this and is part of why I stopped playing it very quickly (the challenges get really hard after awhile)

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Is there a way to access your inventory in Warhammer Quest without turning your device to profile? I feel like I must be missing something obvious ...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

petewhitley posted:

Is there a way to access your inventory in Warhammer Quest without turning your device to profile? I feel like I must be missing something obvious ...

Wait, is this out?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

robodex posted:

Temple Run 2 is particularly bad for this and is part of why I stopped playing it very quickly (the challenges get really hard after awhile)

Nothing about Temple Run 2 is hard but boy is it tedious. I stopped playing when all of my challenges became grinds instead of actual goals you can do in a run. It's lovely and lazy as hell.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

goferchan posted:

Wait, is this out?

Just checked and seems to be NZ right now with UK and US getting it midnight tonight.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Yodzilla posted:

Nothing about Temple Run 2 is hard but boy is it tedious. I stopped playing when all of my challenges became grinds instead of actual goals you can do in a run. It's lovely and lazy as hell.

Well in fairness I was affected by the "cumulative score resetting to 0" bug that was in during release so when I got the first "hit X meters total" quest and it was some ridiculous number like 100,000 I deleted the game.

It also didn't help that it wasn't very good v:shobon:v

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.

Sad lions posted:

Just checked and seems to be NZ right now with UK and US getting it midnight tonight.

Is this when the app store updates is midnight? As I said before I'm new to this, and just want to get a handle on release dates and times.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

SynthOrange posted:

Just browsing through the new releases. :v:

Thank you. I'm using this for a slide at this game conference I'm speaking at on Friday.

As in PLEASE DON'T DO THIS STUFF.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Primworm posted:

Is this when the app store updates is midnight? As I said before I'm new to this, and just want to get a handle on release dates and times.

I don't know myself but the article I caught about it claims it does.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Warhammer+Quest/news.asp?c=51208

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

Our free Poker game, PlayScreen Poker, has a 'practice' mode (against bots) that does not consume your chips. It also works when the device has no connection.

There are in-game hints and info on the game itself.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sad lions posted:

Yep, it's out the 30th just like Phoenix Wright (supposedly). Did we ever get an official source on that 30th release date for PW or can someone check the NZ store?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Phoenix Wright is out in the HK Store, I'm playing it right now.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I picked up Poker Night 2 since it seemed like the perfect time-waster for my iPad. I have some thoughts:
  • The banter's fun and gameplay is basically what you expect from a Texas Hold 'em game.
  • The graphics are pretty good
  • The menu UI is a bit awkward
  • Forced 16:9 aspect ratio (with black bars on the top and bottom) seems really lazy of the developer
  • It's in need of some polish. I had the game freeze on me once and the animations frequently clip the camera or don't blend together correctly.
Basically you can tell that iOS wasn't even close to being the lead SKU, but it's still fun and probably worth the $5. I'm sure it's a better experience on PC, but if I'm at my computer then I have the opportunity to play better games. I'd only ever play this on my iPad.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Is there anytips for not sucking at dead ahead? Ive switched the controls to the opposite side and from the slider to the buttons, but i still seem fairly awful at it. Is there any easy way to get kill streaks going on the first map? Any recommended guns or anything? The shotgun utterly ruins the boss, but it doesnt prove super useful in shooting tons of dudes. Can you buy stuff before its been unlocked? Is there any one partiular thing i should focus on buying first? Guns or bikes or bike upgrades?

I bought the Akira bike because it also did away with ads and wholy gently caress is driving at max speed the greatest fun ever. Until some dick head bosses show up and ruin everything. Jerks. Is there an ideal map to jump cars on? , and am I correct in the understand that you have to jump onto the cars for it to count?

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 29, 2013

ZephroDyne
Feb 14, 2007

(*ΦωΦ) <I am nekocat
EDIT: Disregard, I'm dumb

ZephroDyne fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 29, 2013

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
So my favorite game is Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, originally on PS1. I need some recommendations for games that could scratch my BTN itch. The basic premise is such: you control a farmer dude from a 3/4 overhead perspective and conduct various farming tasks, visit village shops and locales, forage for truffles in the forest, participate in awesome festivals like the Chicken Sumo and Tomato Fight festival, and woo a (consenting adult) pixel chick from the village with pixel wine and flowers &ct.

All the farming related games on IOS seem to be the Farmville variety, which is not at all similar to BTN. Please find below an example of what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_oyyx1h_dA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Oceanbound posted:

Phoenix Wright is out in the HK Store, I'm playing it right now.

I can't believe this is finally happening!

• Locked thread