Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This post makes me wonder if I was adopted because this guy seems like he's related to me.

quote:

Do you like racing? Do you like spinning cars out on your way to the checkered flag? Do you like smelling like exhaust and getting very dirty?
If you said yes to any of those questions then this is the perfect car for you!
It has been in racing duty since 1999 and since that time it has won more races than I can remember(because I was Drunk). In its 14 years it has had several upgrades to make sure no Chevys or Dodges were victorious. It has a new Distributor in 2006, new front brakes in 2007(I only use them in the corners), boat tank installed in back seat original tank got a bumper sized hole 2008, new air filter every year.
The car is a mean machine so here are some highlights
-frame is starting to bend so the front bumper is nice and high
-burns 1 liter of oil for 5 gallons of gas which is an easy ratio to remember
-the rear coil springs occasionally fall out but just pick them up, jack the car up and put them back in NO PROBLEM
-351m engine so you know that they are cheap if you need a new one
-doors welded shut so...gotta stay slim enough you can fit through the window
-lots of blow by so if you can see smoke coming out pcv you know its running
-no mufflers so you also know its running
-heater works good to help keep engine cool cause the rad leaks more every year
-14" and 15" rims so you don't have to worry about the neighbor kids stealing them
-steel reinforcement throughout so if someone makes you mad...HIT THEM

Will trade for Import. On second thought, imports are for nerds. Bring cash and lots of it. All offers considered, all challengers destroyed

CHECK IT OUT LIVE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IvzmlubA8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctkz0bZ2_0Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This post makes me wonder if I was adopted because this guy seems like he's related to me.

Holy poo poo, somebody needs to buy this guy an account.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I love how the titles on the second video show the team names, I fell particularly in love with "II in the Butt Racing." :allears:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

quote:

This was going to be my Bug Out Vehicle, but after 3 motorcycle accidents and 2 strokes I have decided I'm just not up to fighting the zombie hordes unleashed by the NWO.
This is a rare beast built on 1971 1-ton C30 Chevy chassis with a 350 HP motor and 400 THD auto tranny. I did a valve job on her a couple years
ago with less than 100 miles drven since then. She could use some tlc and roof repair. You never see another like her except a similar one in the Motorhome Hall of Fame
Museum in Indiana.
GUARANTEED to be not be affected
by Coronal Mass Ejections or Nuclear
Electro Magnetic Pulse weapons (seriously the automotive systems in this baby are immune to those threats) or your money back (...if you can find me that is). Use it to live in when TSHTF or load it up with a few hundred cases of ramen and turn it into The Food Truck at the End of the World. Haven't you noticed that every EOTW movie has enterprising
Folks selling food. Until that happens sell cupcakes or something else.
$3,000 cash OBO. Call Ronnie @ 512-***-**** or email me here. Don't wait
too long. ;-)

Solidly golden.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 24, 2013

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010
How are people this stupid?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Lord Gaga posted:

How are people this stupid?

I don't get it. What's wrong with this?

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Somebody needs to tell this guy "Barn Find" does not mean "found outside a barn" or "used as a barn" for 25 years.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/3827686346.html

"Look at pictures carefully"

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
Actual Gold?

http://smd.craigslist.org/cto/3778923605.html

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Lowclock posted:

I don't get it. What's wrong with this?

Is English your 9th language?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Lord Gaga posted:

Is English your 9th language?
Whoa he put tran instead of trans and spelled guaranteed wrong! I'm rolling on the floor laughing here! God what a retard! :roflolmao:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

NoWake posted:

Somebody needs to tell this guy "Barn Find" does not mean "found outside a barn" or "used as a barn" for 25 years.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/3827686346.html

"Look at pictures carefully"

He's going to be lucky if someone is willing to take $500 for getting rid of it for him. Did a pine tree fall on it while it was sitting outside for the past twenty years?

Lowclock posted:

Whoa he put tran instead of trans and spelled guaranteed wrong! I'm rolling on the floor laughing here! God what a retard! :roflolmao:

"1987 5.0 low miles motor an tran gurteend"

It's probably that part, which I'm guessing was supposed to be guaranteed.

Also, it's probably out of an old Crown Vic or something and is a really lovely motor compared to the EFI motor in the later 80's Mustangs.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

God I want to daily drive this so bad.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/500E-/300910522931?ViewItem=&item=300910522931&forcev4exp=true

500E with 10k miles. Hammers are great and all, but I maybe would want to live with this one more.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I'm a bit concerned about the "shortened and converted from 6x6" part, but if it was done competently... :getin:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm a bit concerned about the "shortened and converted from 6x6" part, but if it was done competently... :getin:

Bobbed deuces are a thing. It's formulaic. You use the bed and springs from an M105 trailer.

They are kick rear end.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Motronic posted:

Bobbed deuces are a thing. It's formulaic. You use the bed and springs from an M105 trailer.

They are kick rear end.

Any idea what the MPG is?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

blk posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/500E-/300910522931?ViewItem=&item=300910522931&forcev4exp=true

500E with 10k miles. Hammers are great and all, but I maybe would want to live with this one more.

I am surprised to see the bids approaching $50k.
It is an interesting car, but visually pretty tame. I would not have picked it to really appreciate as a collectors item all that much.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
It's a museum piece that with some rubber replacement would probably _still_ go 400k.

Contribution:

http://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/3827648416.html

This is a hidden-rust and compression check away from being completely worth it in my eyes, though I don't have resto skills yet. That windshield! I could see many talented AIers putting a shine to this without too much trouble.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tai-Pan posted:

Any idea what the MPG is?

Sadly enough, I do, as I've calculated whether it would be cheaper to drive or trailer one back from socal where some dude in the desert cranks them out for about $5k. It gets 10, and tops out at about 52 MPH. Bring your ear plugs. It would be an epic trip, and I just might do it anyway.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Jonny 290 posted:

It's a museum piece that with some rubber replacement would probably _still_ go 400k.

Contribution:

http://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/3827648416.html

This is a hidden-rust and compression check away from being completely worth it in my eyes, though I don't have resto skills yet. That windshield! I could see many talented AIers putting a shine to this without too much trouble.

Whoa, neat. I have one of those, but a custom cab. Five speed? Crazy. My book says they existed, but I don't think I've ever seen one. The book calls them medium duty, so I assume that means a pretty big truck. Probably not in an F100?

E: Also, if you like that windshield, look at the custom cab's rear glass:

Raluek fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 29, 2013

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Raluek posted:

Whoa, neat. I have one of those, but a custom cab. Five speed? Crazy. My book says they existed, but I don't think I've ever seen one. The book calls them medium duty, so I assume that means a pretty big truck. Probably not in an F100?

E: Also, if you like that windshield, look at the custom cab's rear glass:

Why is there not a thread on this, I love old fords. I almost bought a 60s crew cab once, the crew cabs didn't have the fancy back glass, but they looked so drat cool.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Poisonlizard posted:

Why is there not a thread on this, I love old fords. I almost bought a 60s crew cab once, the crew cabs didn't have the fancy back glass, but they looked so drat cool.

That one's not mine, mine's my daily driver and not a project. I actually take it to a mechanic if something non-trivial needs doing, since I want to actually drive it instead of having it blown apart in my driveway like my Chevy. That's not very AI, which is why I never posted it.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

blk posted:

I've only just recently realised how much I like the W124. Maybe I should buy a 4cyl one for 4k and stick a SBC in it.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Motronic posted:

Sadly enough, I do, as I've calculated whether it would be cheaper to drive or trailer one back from socal where some dude in the desert cranks them out for about $5k. It gets 10, and tops out at about 52 MPH. Bring your ear plugs. It would be an epic trip, and I just might do it anyway.

10mpg really isn't terrible. Maybe you can find some expired vegetable oil at Big Lots and cut your bill further.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tai-Pan posted:

10mpg really isn't terrible. Maybe you can find some expired vegetable oil at Big Lots and cut your bill further.

For real, my '84 Club Wagon got about 11mpg with the 300 straight six. The 6x6 deuces got single digits, from my memory, but you could run them on anything.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

For real, my '84 Club Wagon got about 11mpg with the 300 straight six. The 6x6 deuces got single digits, from my memory, but you could run them on anything.

Supposedly 8 in "stock trim" with the tandems and all that stuff.

I'm just going by research, not practical experience.

AzizAnstarmie
Dec 17, 2010
Actual gold? I think I'm going to look at this car.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

sinistarded posted:

Actual gold? I think I'm going to look at this car.

Scam.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Motronic posted:

Do it. Now.

If you make your way towards the midwest, stop by and I can throw some various oils in the tank for you.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

What kind of scam is this exactly?
(I am not trying to be snarky, I honestly don't see it)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

nitrogen posted:

What kind of scam is this exactly?
(I am not trying to be snarky, I honestly don't see it)

MK4 Supras are still ridiculously priced. They basically have not depreciated in the past decade.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Motronic posted:

10mpg while towing? God, my 2013 Grand Cherokee gets 11mpg around town with just me in the car.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Nocheez posted:

MK4 Supras are still ridiculously priced. They basically have not depreciated in the past decade.

The looks of it and low KMs make me think it's probably JDM. It's probably not a scam but will need work.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's also NA so take that as you will.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

"Upgrade" to a Prius.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BoostCreep posted:

10mpg while towing? God, my 2013 Grand Cherokee gets 11mpg around town with just me in the car.

No, that's dry. I don't know how much towing would affect it.

I believe that's also a number for diesel. I'm sure if you start using the charts and playing with the fuel quality switch things get interesting (so you got 2 gallons of Jet-A, a 5 gallon pail of waste oil and 2 gallons of paint thinner? Set it to "4". - yes, that's really how crazy some of the charts are that I've seen.)

phade
Oct 8, 2006
Here's another interesting car I spotted crossing the Japanese auction block:

A supposedly legitmate 1995 E36T AMG. I had no idea this configuration of W124 existed, however through google I found some people in England talking about them and a couple old postings of them coming up for sale in Japan. Looks like fun in any case.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fo3 posted:

I've only just recently realised how much I like the W124. Maybe I should buy a 4cyl one for 4k and stick a SBC in it.

The W124 (and the W201) is a fantastic car. Watch out for rust, and general wear and tear on what is a pretty old car by now.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Fucknag posted:

It's also NA so take that as you will.

Auto NA MKIV Supras that need a lot of work still go for $12k+. This is hands down a scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Baylor
Oct 24, 2005

It honestly looks more like a mean spirited prank on someone rather than a scam with the "upgrade to Prius" part.