Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

ACID POLICE posted:

I need to know what the song that plays in the intro of ep 180 is! That track that plays while they display the 4 parts of the episode and Kacho says his little thing

There is no episode #180. Check the episode number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrochiKiyo
Sep 9, 2012

joek0 posted:

After watching the Wreck It Ralph/ Sugar Rush Yoiko special, it made me consider buying the Japanese dub. This info makes me want to not buy it. I can still watch the Yoiko special anytime I want though.

Where can I watch that? The only place I found it was on Youtube, and that video's private.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

OrochiKiyo posted:

Where can I watch that? The only place I found it was on Youtube, and that video's private.

I did not know the video was made private on YouTube. I'm glad I ripped the video a while back. The GCCX YouTube purge is still affecting my YouTube account.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgeUoRR70HI
This one's still up.

TheWanderingNewbie
Oct 12, 2007

Gotta Get Dem Cheevos

This was amazing. Like such a great thing to wake up to and watch.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Yeah, seriously. The first time I watched it I was crying.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

I wouldn't even want to go to a "regular" maid cafe but drat it, after watching that I want to go to a tsundere one.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Fooley posted:

I wouldn't even want to go to a "regular" maid cafe but drat it, after watching that I want to go to a tsundere one.

I cant for the life of me remember what it's called, but I heard of an American restaurant whose whole gimmick is that the whole staff are assholes to the customers

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Gutcruncher posted:

I cant for the life of me remember what it's called, but I heard of an American restaurant whose whole gimmick is that the whole staff are assholes to the customers

That would be The Wiener Circle.

Manfrey
Sep 18, 2006

Frying high
Feering good

There's also Dick's Last Resort

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Not to mention every Denny's after 8 pm.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I know it's not exactly the same, but don't forget Amy's Baking Company. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjgHEctcy0
(I'm sure everyone and their great grandma has seen this by now)

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Amy's Bakery? :v:

edit: That's what I get for not hitting refresh...

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Gutcruncher posted:

Ed Debevics? The servers are expected to be sarcastic, like the kind of stereotypical American 50s diner employees you see in films and television.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Aha, that "new genre" game for the next episode is the original Derby Stallion.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

rdbbb posted:

Has Arino ever played a Derby Stallion game in a Tamage segment?

Edit: Never mind. It was never an arcade game. So the answer is no.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 30, 2013

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

rdbbb posted:

I can't believe Fujimoto finally got his way. That only took 171 episodes.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

This is probably the best way to experience The Wiener Circle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33zPlnhymCU

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
Man, i'm actually pretty excited for Derby Stallion. Think of the potential horse rider costume!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gunstarheroes posted:

Man, i'm actually pretty excited for Derby Stallion. Think of the potential horse rider costume!

"Arino, if you want to call on an AD this episode...

... please put this on: "

draks
Apr 29, 2009

here he comes
Despite owning at least 10 copies of various editions of Derby Stallion for the SFC (THANKS A LOT, RECYCLE SHOPS) this will be the first time I'll actually see the game played. :horse:

I have zero interest in actually playing horse-games, but... I'm oddly excited for the prospect of watching Arino play it...

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

draks posted:

Despite owning at least 10 copies of various editions of Derby Stallion for the SFC (THANKS A LOT, RECYCLE SHOPS) . . . [and having] zero interest in actually playing horse-games . . .
That is a very...specific compulsion. :raise:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Maybe he got them in grab bags a lot of those places sell. :shrug:

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

draks posted:

Despite owning at least 10 copies of various editions of Derby Stallion for the SFC (THANKS A LOT, RECYCLE SHOPS) this will be the first time I'll actually see the game played. :horse:

I have zero interest in actually playing horse-games, but... I'm oddly excited for the prospect of watching Arino play it...

Despite buying a ton of grab bags, I somehow managed to avoid owning a copy of Derby Stallion.

I did, however, wind up with a bunch of sumo wrestling games and Beatmania editions for the PSX. Go figure.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I was just now watching the Takeshi's Challenge special and I noticed a funny little bit of slang that the translator didn't pick up on. A certain person asks to marry Arino. His name was "Dettieu" which is actually a nickname for Yoshi, because that's what Japanese people hear when they hear his cry in the SNES games. So yeah, it was pretty much like someone named "YoshiFan" sending him a marriage proposal.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
I'm not sure if the VGCW (Video Game Championship Wrestling) is popular around these parts, but Arino had an incredible match last night that i think anyone in this thread could appreciate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cL32hDObHk

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

gunstarheroes posted:

I'm not sure if the VGCW (Video Game Championship Wrestling) is popular around these parts, but Arino had an incredible match last night that i think anyone in this thread could appreciate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cL32hDObHk
I was aware of Game Center CX beforehand (mostly from the crappy DS game) but VGCW is what really got me interested in the show.

Random Stranger, have you found anyone to edit your book? I sent you a PM a while ago.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Kacho reversed the slam off the turnbuckle into a Last Continue!

edit: I just watched a wrestling match between Raphael and Scorpion. WWE needs to hire this guy to book their matches.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 30, 2013

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Best part is VGCW Arino is so true to the real deal. He's really bad but manages to pull off a miracle at the end. That was a BIG match for him; he had been on a long losing streak prior and to see him get pounded into dust then turn it around at the end is so Arino-esque :allears:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That cannon match that was cannon with him and Doctor Giro with Magic Table is the best thing ever.

Towit;

draks
Apr 29, 2009

here he comes

Mister Chief posted:

Maybe he got them in grab bags a lot of those places sell. :shrug:

Ahaha. There's a recycle shop near where I live that does these "5 SFC games for 100 yen!!" packs where there'll be a GOOD game in the front (like Rockman X2 or Super Metroid or something) and then four copies of dumb sport/pachinko/horse games. I assume it's a method of getting rid of all their excess sporthorse stock that people won't buy otherwise.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

draks posted:

Ahaha. There's a recycle shop near where I live that does these "5 SFC games for 100 yen!!" packs where there'll be a GOOD game in the front (like Rockman X2 or Super Metroid or something) and then four copies of dumb sport/pachinko/horse games. I assume it's a method of getting rid of all their excess sporthorse stock that people won't buy otherwise.

Pretty much. I may have wound up with random racing/sumo wrestling/ten copies of Beatmania. But I got Brave Fencer Musashiden, the Bastard!! game, and a bunch of other neat ones.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Thank you so much for linking this. It was all sorts of hilarious and so decided to watch other shows with the comedians. I have to say holy crap Hamada is really violent and kinda weird in the circle of comedians they have. It's hard to say he's funny as it is strange.

But, what is Arino's group called since they all have their special names I guess. I'd like to see more of his comedy.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

Zain posted:

But, what is Arino's group called since they all have their special names I guess. I'd like to see more of his comedy.
Yoiko

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Wow, I may be completely an idiot for not realizing this.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

If anyone's curious, there weren't many horse racing games released in English -- definitely not Derby Stallion, though I always hoped for Chocobo Stallion -- but Koei and Tecmo both localized a few of their Winning Post, G1 Jockey and Gallop Racer games since the 32-bit days. Then they merged and made Champion Jockey, which is on PS3 and Wii (+360 in Europe). It's actually not too bad, as it's meant to blend both series' affinities for horse raising and direct-control horse racing. And it gave us this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ywq9K-e4yA

But if you ask me all you really need is the horse betting minigame in Mystical Ninja.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Japan World Cup is the only horse racing game, as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Jcl2UDi5U

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

rdbbb posted:

But if you ask me all you really need is the horse betting minigame in Mystical Ninja.

TESTIFY.

I've got a number of the Derby Stallion games (obtained, no shock here, in a bulk SFC lot), including the Satellaview-enhanced Derby Stallion '96. It's got a weird extended cart for an 8MB memory card, in a configuration similar to what RPG Maker 2 used. Haven't really played any of 'em; they're a bit on the kanji-intensive side and I'm still trying to level up through WaniKani.

Did find some awesome stuff in that lot, though... the Dolucky sports titles, the Slayers RPG, a spare copy of Star Ocean (can never have too many...)

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I'm still waiting for there to be a good way to emulate Derby Owner's Club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaindive
Sep 3, 2011
I can't be the only person who's fronted up to an arcade with some mates, all drunk only to heap abuse on the final furlong machines? It's no Daytona but it was fun for sure.