Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

So, Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet looks adorable. It's a sequel to some freeware point-and-click game that you can download on the kickstarter page, and it's already 30% funded.

Also, the video made me smile really hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Orzo posted:

Did you mean to blatantly bias your list (bolding mine)?

:thejoke:

I am still backing TUG with the $10 pledge I made when the campaign started. I was joking because if you go back several pages you'll see one or two goons say "well, this made me pull my pledge" after every update the TUG guys made.

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 29, 2013

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
Ah, I didn't catch that :)

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
This isn't a game, but it's awesome: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...71169ca-7418957

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Hardware: Shipbreakers (the Kickstarted project involving some of the Homeworld people) released a gameplay trailer. A lot of people, including myself, were skeptical of this project when it was first announced so it's nice to see some legitimate footage.

orcane posted:

Hardware was never really kickstarted, was it? They have that VIP thing for 100 bucks that's supposed to be their form of crowdfunding.

You may be right. I mistook that project with this Kickstarter.

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 29, 2013

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hardware was never really kickstarted, was it? They have that VIP thing for 100 bucks that's supposed to be their form of crowdfunding.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
In a couple of minutes a developer live stream of War for the Overworld beta should start. You can watch it here. For those unfamiliar with the game, it's a kind of spiritual sequel to Dungeon Keeper.

E: Haha, holy poo poo are the TUG guys serious? They just made an update about stretch goals; with $236,000 in pledges and 47 hours left how high do you think they went? An unassuming $850,000... A bit optimistic, no?

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 29, 2013

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The new Banner Saga update just came out. This is definitely the thing that's made me most excited about the game since the kickstarter ended. It sounds like they really get it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SaltyJesus posted:

E: Haha, holy poo poo are the TUG guys serious? They just made an update about stretch goals; with $236,000 in pledges and 47 hours left how high do you think they went? An unassuming $850,000... A bit optimistic, no?

It's been said before but they really kind of don't know what they're doing.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
Looks like expeditions conquistador finally came out; I just got my download keys and the game goes live tomorrow. I missed the announcement for the steam keys though so I'll be waiting to for mine. Are people really so worried about losing "anti-DRM street cred" that theyhadto make getting as team key so annoying? Apparently you had to pm them via kickstarter to get your steam key which justseems awkward and knead ache inducing for all parties involved. I don't expect to get my key for a few days really since I just got that message...

Qvark
May 4, 2010
Soiled Meat

CottonWolf posted:

The new Banner Saga update just came out. This is definitely the thing that's made me most excited about the game since the kickstarter ended. It sounds like they really get it.

Yeah, if they can deliver on all that this will easily be GOTY for me.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Mira posted:

So, Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet looks adorable. It's a sequel to some freeware point-and-click game that you can download on the kickstarter page, and it's already 30% funded.

Also, the video made me smile really hard.

I'll be genuinely sad if this one doesn't make it. For anyone who at all likes Point and Click games, you should really check out his free AGS prequel that's linked in the Kickstarter. It's a great homage to the Monkey Island series/the genre in general and most amusing throughout.

It's a good pitch too, RockPaperShotgun pointed out the guys grasp of comic timing as a good sign for the game itself and I'd have to agree.

Fwoderwick fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 29, 2013

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Small funding goal, 35% accomplished, 30 days to go -- they should be fine. Though, I too hope they make it.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Stonehearth just hit $750,000, and is getting Dwarves.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.
Edit: Seems like I was a bit late.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.
Sorry, found it on the updates page now.
Excuse my stupidity, totally new to kickstarter.

DancingPenguin fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 29, 2013

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

DancingPenguin posted:

It says $710,000 for me still, have I missed any due payments page?

today has catapulted us across the $750,000 line (when factoring in our $44,000 of PayPal pledges)

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Hey, you! Go back TinyKeep. 31 hours and ~£1500 to go. It's a cool concept being made by a cool dude, and I am starting to worry that we won't hit the online multiplayer stretch goal. Which would be terrible.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Brown Moses posted:

The worst part about kickstarting games is the wait. At least Shadowrun Returns should be out soon and then this fall we get Wasteland 2.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Starting to worry? There's, like, zero chance of hitting that goal.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I love all 3d platform games from the N64 generation. I may have to give them all my money.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonaskaerlev/a-hat-in-time-3d-collect-a-thon-platformer

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

I really hope all these extra features don't break the team making it.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Snow Job posted:

I really hope all these extra features don't break the team making it.

At least the two pets should be easy. I'm glad they seem to have their wits about them when it comes to the timeline. They have the engine mostly done already and another 18 months to finish their stretch goals (not including Dwarves). Considering that they seem to have build their entire design around easy modability and have said that things like new classes can be modded in I don't think they'll run into too much trouble. Its the Multiplayer that worries me.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Ugh, we get to play house in Torment

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I love all 3d platform games from the N64 generation. I may have to give them all my money.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonaskaerlev/a-hat-in-time-3d-collect-a-thon-platformer

$50 seems like a fair price for three copies of the game I've been waiting for since the end of the N64's lifecycle.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Qvark posted:

Yeah, if they can deliver on all that this will easily be GOTY for me.

I'd agree, except Wasteland 2 is likely coming out this year...

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

ghouldaddy07 posted:

This looks really cute. I never even owned an N64 and this makes me grin. The game also looks pretty far along so it seems an easy bet to support.

I think that's where the TinyKeep guy went awry. His game looks off to a solid start and I like his concepts, but a bit more playable footage or even a demo (not just proof of concept code demos) and I bet he could've hit some of those stretch goals.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bobo the Red posted:

Ugh, we get to play house in Torment

what does this mean? What are you referring to?

Crash74
May 11, 2009

FutonForensic posted:

Hardware: Shipbreakers (the Kickstarted project involving some of the Homeworld people) released a gameplay trailer. A lot of people, including myself, were skeptical of this project when it was first announced so it's nice to see some legitimate footage.

You may be right. I mistook that project with this Kickstarter.

Their was very good reason to be skeptical of the shady pr / 100 dollar money grab with absolutely no information about the game, for clarification this rear end in a top hat had just as good of a pitch: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/your-world (Free to play, Your Way!) Would you give this guy a hundred bucks? Seeing something concrete that is not just fancy cg art trailers is good though, and it does remind me alot like homeworld.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ghouldaddy07 posted:

A game about hats and collecting hats. Those monsters.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
... aaaand backed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgX-S4LTsc

faxmaster
Nov 1, 2004

I can see all of the colors.

Crash74 posted:

Their was very good reason to be skeptical of the shady pr / 100 dollar money grab with absolutely no information about the game, for clarification this rear end in a top hat had just as good of a pitch: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/your-world (Free to play, Your Way!) Would you give this guy a hundred bucks? Seeing something concrete that is not just fancy cg art trailers is good though, and it does remind me alot like homeworld.

Hardware is being done by the guys who made the Homeworld games (from the art side, anyway: Rob Cunningham, who was the art director on both games, and Aaron Kambeitz). That alone puts them on an entirely different level from the whole Your World debacle. I mean, they've actually worked in the industry. Released games, even.

Still not hugely excited about the free-to-play route they're going, or with the way they've been raising funds, but at the very least we'll be getting a ton of awesome art out of this.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Stonehearth looks great, but it's not out until next year? Mannn...

"So now that we have our basic camp site set up, let's go hunt some dinosaurs."

SOLD. SOLD SOLD.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

ghouldaddy07 posted:

What the have so far looks amazing, like all the personality of 90s 3D platformers rolled into one, but distinct enough to stand on its own.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

A game about hats and collecting hats. Those monsters.

And a girl with an evil, twirlable moustache. Brilliant!

Crash74
May 11, 2009

faxmaster posted:

Hardware is being done by the guys who made the Homeworld games (from the art side, anyway: Rob Cunningham, who was the art director on both games, and Aaron Kambeitz). That alone puts them on an entirely different level from the whole Your World debacle. I mean, they've actually worked in the industry. Released games, even.

Still not hugely excited about the free-to-play route they're going, or with the way they've been raising funds, but at the very least we'll be getting a ton of awesome art out of this.

Yes, but a art guy was in charge of Sim City and look at how that turned out. It might look gorgeous but that will only get you so far, if you don't have someone that knows their face from their rear end putting it all together.

The stonehearth live stream is up: http://www.twitch.tv/radiantentertainment

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I love the art direction here. I wish they showed some more unedited gameplay than those quick snippets between talking segments though.

I'm probably going to back this too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Harlock posted:

I love the art direction here. I wish they showed some more unedited gameplay than those quick snippets between talking segments though.

They should have linked their Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kamX7oaPuy4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPMj_4czU1U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A5SXK5gqT0

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
Did A Hat In Time have a previous failed Kickstarter, or am I just remembering them from indiegames.com or something?

Regardless - looks pretty dang awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

SaltyJesus posted:

The TUG Kickstarter posted:

These goals will stay up throughout the remainder of the Kickstarter campaign, the duration of the Paypal campaign, and into Beta! WE CAN DO IT!