Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
Who we are
Paragon Internet Group, a small company who own and operate three webhosting businesses in the UK (TSOHost, Vidahost and Hostroute)

What we need
Two Junior PHP developers, who at first will be working on building our new backend system for billing, account management, etc. and further down the line, version 2.0 of our custom hosting platform user frontend.

Requirements
  • Knowledge of PHP (both procedural and OO) OR very strong Perl (Javascript, Java, C# , C++ candidates may be considered but would have to have a verystrong desire to move to PHP)
  • Raw SQL (ideally MySQL) NOT just via a framework.
  • The ability to debug PHP and MySQL
  • The ability to communicate ideas and designs to others
  • The ability to learn new concepts quickly
  • Attention to detail
  • Tenacity and the ability to work on a project unsupervised
  • Basic Database design skills

Desired skills
  • Knowledge of another programming language(s)
  • Some python would be good as we use Fabric
  • Knowledge or configuring/debugging Apache
  • Linux experience
  • Git or Svn knowledge
  • Knowledge of Unit testing
  • Working HTML/CSS knowledge (design skills not required)

Whilst a degree level qualification/previous professional experience would be beneficial, it is not a major requirement, as long as you can demonstrate a capability and keenness. You will be working with our head developer as well the other candidate hired for the roles.

Where
Currently Maidenhead, Berkshire (25 mins from Paddington by Train), but from late June in Slough, Berkshire (15 minutes from Paddington). Great transport links to London and the home counties.

Salary
£18-25,000 dependent on experience

How to apply
Send an email to mike [at] paragon [dot] net [dot] uk with your CV. This is pretty much a start ASAP role, so expect quick movement through the process. If you could also mention that you heard from the job through Bruce, we'll know who we're dealing with then :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jason87x
May 11, 2013
Jason Manley

My experience: Almost two years as Red Hat administrator and advanced technical support for a cloud platform for large medical software company. Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, working on RHCSA/RHCE.

What I'm looking for: Linux administrator positions and/or advanced tech support. Also open to web development LAMP stack positions and programming positions, though on those I will require a little bit of time for self-study and/or training.

What I'm not looking for: Level 1 Helldesk.

Where I am: Johnson County, KS

Where I'm looking: Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Austin area, and Johnson County KS (in that order)

Requirements: $50k annual salary, no overnight shift work (late night production moves and on-call emergencies are fine). I do not require relocation assistance.

Reach me: jason87x@zoho.com or 913-235-7090 and I will send you my resume. I will most likely be in Dallas on Monday May 20 and early Tuesday May 21 to interview and take Red Hat exams.

jason87x fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 12, 2013

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Who we are:
Limelight Digital, a web design and development agency. http://limelightdigital.com

What we need
Senior or mid-weight PHP and frontend developers/implementors, for both websites and possibly web apps

Where we are
Brisbane or Melbourne, Australia :australia:

Experience required (2 or more years):
  • HTML(5), CSS(3)
  • JavaScript, jQuery
  • PHP5

Desired but definitely not required
  • Symphony CMS
  • WordPress
  • XML, XSLT, XPath
  • Git
  • Light server administration (RH/CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu)
  • Email marketing (Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp)
  • Payment gateways, eCommerce
  • LESS/SASS
  • Canvas, WebGL

About the position:
We are looking for an experienced, mid-weight web developer to join our welcoming team who is ready to hit the ground running.
Your day-to-day role will be building and integrating websites of all sizes into content management systems or frameworks.

Currently we use Symphony CMS for most projects, with various other PHP frameworks for more complex jobs and web apps. For eCommerce, we use either Magento or Lemonstand.

Experience with all these systems would be beneficial but is not necessary, but you must be willing to learn. And this works both ways: if you want to bring new technologies or practices, our team is always expanding their knowledge.

How to apply
Email me - henry @ the domain above :)

narfanator
Dec 16, 2008
Who we are:
daqri, a leading augmented reality startup. http://daqri.com
Job postings at the bottom of the website.

What we need
Rails devs, javascript devs, and machine vision engineers

Mobile devs and Unity devs

Where we are
Rails, JS and machine vision teams are in Mountainview, everybody else is in downtown Los Angeles.

Experience level:
We're in need of mid to senior people, but we're not going to pass up juniors who catch our eye.
We're running Rails on Heroku and need both back-end and front-end, the vision code is in C++ and will later make use of cloud computing.
Mobile and Unity teams are pretty full, but still in need of top-notch people.

About the position:
Rails and JS developers will build our next generation of content management, creation and collaboration tools, and the team currently consists of... me. Heyo!
Machine Vision engineers will build image tracking to run on the mobile app, and image recognition to run in the cloud. That team consists of our CTO, who's sitting next to me, and built Amazon's image recognition system.

Mobile and Unity devs will build content for our clients and the app that actually makes all of this work, and the team is ~10 people. The boss for that team is a guy who used to work for SpaceX and did donuts around a rocket (on the pad, not yet launched) in a helicopter.

How to apply
Email me - nick.barone @ daqri.com

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

jason87x posted:

Jason Manley

My experience: Almost two years as Red Hat administrator and advanced technical support for a cloud platform for large medical software company. Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, working on RHCSA/RHCE.

What I'm looking for: Linux administrator positions and/or advanced tech support. Also open to web development LAMP stack positions and programming positions, though on those I will require a little bit of time for self-study and/or training.

What I'm not looking for: Level 1 Helldesk.

Where I am: Johnson County, KS

Where I'm looking: Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Austin area, and Johnson County KS (in that order)

Requirements: $50k annual salary, no overnight shift work (late night production moves and on-call emergencies are fine). I do not require relocation assistance.

Reach me: jason87x@zoho.com or 913-235-7090 and I will send you my resume. I will most likely be in Dallas on Monday May 20 and early Tuesday May 21 to interview and take Red Hat exams.

Check out Rackspace, it owns. I think a lot of our Linux gigs in Austin are overnight, though. PM me or email me at <username> at outlook.com if you have questions.

panhandlesysadmin
Jul 21, 2012
Re-posting this position, as we had staff changes:
Who we are: A manufacturing firm.
Location: Florida Panhandle (Lynn Haven/Destin/Panama City area)
What we do: We make big things.
When: Now/ASAP

What we're looking for:

You would be the primary Help Desk for the company, supporting 100ish users. This position reports directly to me. You would also be Jr. Sysadmin and take on various networking/sysadmin projects. This is a good role for someone who might not have a lot of experience and wants to learn on the job. This is not a good role for someone who doesn't like people and doesn't want to work on a help desk.

What's good?
- Good benefits/leave/etc.
- People are, in general, very nice.
- I'm mostly easy to work for and very flexible.
- Training. You will be put on a training plan when you start. My goal is that you will not be in the same position within 2 years (meaning you'll quit or oust me from my job). Reimbursement for certification tests and we'll buy you whatever books you need.
- Non-exempt position. This is good and bad. Good is that you are eligible for overtime.
- If you like the beach, well, it's Panama City, so... yeah.

What's not so good?
- I expect a lot and don't like people who aren't self-motivated to find solutions, Also, I will continue to assign you projects to work on until you say you're at your limit. Some people like this and some people don't.
- We're very lean IT staff. There's you, me, and my boss as far as infrastructure support goes. There will be times when we're slammed.
- Direction/priorities on projects will shift at a moment's notice based on company needs.

Etc/How do I apply?
Email me your resume: equixotic -at- gmail.com

PM/email me with any questions as well.

DigitalHeretic
Sep 14, 2002
Who we are: A professional services firm (think Risk Management and Actuarial and investment consulting practices)
What we do: Risk Management, HR Management, and Actuarial consulting and software
When: Now/ASAP

What we're looking for:

Copied from the recruitment website..
  • 5 + years of experience supporting enterprise level applications, very strong communication skills, solid customer interaction experience, windows, and sql server
  • Previous experience in an IT Help desk / Application or Software Support role.
  • Excellent communication skills.
  • Excellent command of business English, other European languages are desirable.
  • Experience of dealing with several different client problems each day, researching to find the answers, communicating directly with the client both verbally and in writing.
  • Experience of reporting technical, functional and operational problems and resolutions to the development team.
  • Good knowledge of server hardware and configuration.
  • Microsoft Windows (including Windows Server) and networking knowledge.
  • SQL Server experience
  • Sound understanding of NTFS security and permissions
  • Experience supporting IIS and Active Directory
  • Experience in working with high performance or distributed computing and/or Azure
  • Excellent organisational skills
  • Excellent communication and problem solving and analytical skills including experience ina client facing role.
  • Support the Consulting organization in their project work by providing technology solutions and services which increase work efficiencies and expedite project delivery
  • Develop an excellent working knowledge of Towers Watson software and formulate rapid deployment techniques as it relates to the software in order to meet tight project deadlines
  • Work with consulting organization to understand upcoming project activities and provision applications in support of these activities.
  • Work alongside Corporate IT to ensure sufficient hardware resources are provisioned based on business requirements and upcoming project activities
  • Deployment of virtual machine images as required by the business. This may include Windows 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows 2012
  • Educated to degree level

What's good?
  • The best IT group in the company of ~14,000. We have some really sharp guys on the team.
  • Good benefits/leave/etc.
  • Global company.
  • Your boss is laid back and as long as you get your work done, is extremely flexible.
  • Opportunity... you can make this pretty much what you want. There are tons of projects to get involved in, or plenty of grunt work to get through the day.
  • This isn't an entry level position (nor is the pay).

What's not so good?
  • The interview process is pretty grueling. Expect a few phone interviews and as many as 4 in-person interviews.
  • It's IT...something breaks or you have deadlines, you are expected to get it running again. While there are no official 24/7 support or on-call duties, we put our clients first and you have to expect to work late/weekends/etc to get that done now and then.
  • It's a big company that likes to follow the financial trends.
  • Your day to day task involve supporting developers. If you've never done that before...it is a different animal than supporting end users.
  • This isn't an entry level position. While I can likely get you an interview even if you lack some experience in areas... you best know some basics about SQL, Windows Server, HyperV/VMware/Xen....

TL/DR version?
One of our employees is moving to a different company and we need to fill his position. He basically provides infrastructural support, application implementation, new product testing, general IT support to a development group in Atlanta.

Etc/How do I apply?
Email me your resume and give me a short message as to why you are a good fit. Nothing formal... : usurper -at- gmail.com

PM/email me with any questions as well.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey guys, my employer is hiring, thought this might be useful:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22621829

Anyway, although our team isn't hiring at the moment, there's always a bunch of open positions on the career site so it's worth a look even if you don't fit the above profile.

slush
Jun 23, 2006
Thank you for calling....
Had a stumble where I wasn't able to move as soon as I hoped and had to turn down a good job :(. But I can move now!

Education: B.Sc. in Computer Science
Experience: Worked on the development team for an e-Commerce platform for 2 of Canada's largest retailers.
Languages: C#, Java, PHP, JavaScript & Objective C; Currently learning Ruby and really loving it
Location: Atlantic Canada (St. John's, NL) - Willing to relocate to most anywhere in Canada - Toronto or Ottawa preferred
Looking For: Development work. Very much enjoy back-end development.
Not Looking For: Testing only (however test driven development is awesome ;)), wordpress (UGH), help desk.

Houston Rockets
Apr 15, 2006

Filled.

Houston Rockets fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 9, 2014

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002
Filled.

El_Matarife fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 7, 2013

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Who we are: Satori Software
Location: London, UK. We're in Holborn, next to Chancery Lane tube station.
What we do: We are a software company producing mail/address management and data quality solutions, both pre-built and bespoke. A good example of the kind of functionality we provide is those postcode lookup tools you often see on websites to help you find your address. We work with everyone from small mailing houses right through to large public sector organisations and corporates.
When: Right now!

The role
There's a job spec here but I'll give a quick summary:
You'll be primarily working on customer-facing support, working with customers directly to resolve their issues, and working with our development team to find and build solutions that our customers need. You will also have the chance to work on small bespoke customer projects and to be involved with the product management process. In time you will become a fountain of knowledge for both our sales team and our customers and everyone will love you.

What we're looking for:
  • BSc in Computer Science or similar, ideally a 2.i or better.
  • Ability to communicate clearly with customers. Accurate spelling and grammar are very important to us.
  • Able to work on problems independently with great time-management skills.
  • Experience with at least one modern high level programming language (C#/Java/PHP/etc).
  • Working knowledge of application development processes.
  • Solid technical understanding of Windows-based environments, including MS Office.
  • You don't need prior work experience.
What's good?
  • Relaxed work atmosphere with nice people.
  • Super awesome US-style benefits package (see post below).
  • Flexible working hours.
  • Recently renovated offices in central London.
  • Potential future trips to Seattle (not for first six-months at least).
  • No on-call requirements.
What's not so good?
  • We are primarily a sales office so you need to be self-motivated and able to work through problems on your own. Other people will support you when you need it but you are not sat in the middle of a big department with ten other people to ask if you get stuck.
  • Sales guys are dumb and will ask you dumb questions and tell you about how fast their car is and stuff, so you better get used to it.
  • Time difference to Seattle means checking email in evenings is beneficial, though this is never enforced.
  • No overtime available.
How do I apply?
Email me: tyates-at-satorisoftware-dot-co-dot-uk
Include your CV and I'll take a look, or send questions if you have any.

I am not directly responsible for hiring for this role but if your CV looks like a good match then it'll go on my boss's desk and you might get a call.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 29, 2013

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just curious, what is a "US Style" benefits package? Expensive healthcare and 2 weeks of "holiday"? :v:

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

Just curious, what is a "US Style" benefits package? Expensive healthcare and 2 weeks of "holiday"? :v:
Sorry, that's just how it was described to me!
  • 25-days paid holiday (plus public holidays)
  • Private health insurance
  • Critical illness cover
  • Life assurance
  • Shared-contribution pension
  • Subsidised gym membership / optician / dentist.
In the UK some of this isn't too common in the software industry and we only actually get it because we are originally a US company. So there you go, US-style!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Tunga posted:

• Critical illness cover
  • Life assurance
In the UK some of this isn't too common in the software industry and we only actually get it because we are originally a US company. So there you go, US-style!

That's a hell of a lot more then I get after 6.5 years at my company!

BeefofAges
Jun 5, 2004

Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the cows of war.

That's way better than 90% of US companies provide.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Life assurance is an awesome benefit. I'd much rather my company guarantee that I live than pay out if I die!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Tunga posted:

• Critical illness cover
  • Life assurance

Some of the bigger, or "cooler" companies do offer stuff like on-site gyms, health insurance is pretty standard but most places give 10 days of vacation for the first 3-5 years then you get a whole 15.

What I'm trying to say is gently caress Europe and their generous amounts of paid time off :(

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My last company started you out with 17, which was pretty rad, and you hit 27 after 5 years or something.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

psydude posted:

My last company started you out with 17, which was pretty rad, and you hit 27 after 5 years or something.

My company has an awesome vacation policy for salaried staff: Take off whatever time you need.

If you miss too much time, it's up to your department head to deal with it.

Everyone loves it. No more worrying about taking too much time, or too little. If emergencies happy, gently caress it, take off for the time necessary to handle it.

I'm sure there's some abuse, but I've never actually heard of any, even though we employ like 450 people.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That's pretty impressive. My office does have a pretty casual approach, I was told 10 days "but if you need time off, I probably won't say no". Even still, I missed a good bit of time due to surgery + getting sick a lot since I was hired, so I don' like taking time off :(

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

After over 6 years, I have 5 vacation days and 10 personal days. Working for a small 4 person company has its ups and downs (mostly downs :downs:)

Speaking of which:

My experience: 6.5 years of IT consulting, doing everything from Windows/Mac/Linux desktop support and fixing every drat problem you can imagine, Windows server (2003+ stuff (AD/DNS/Exchange/A little SQL)), network troubleshooting (physical stuff: cabling, terminating), firewall experience (Sonicwalls, Junipers, Netgears, a little Cisco here and there)
What I'm looking for: Ideally I'd like to jump onto the network team of a decent sized company, but I'm open to ideas.
What I'm NOT looking for: Something that requires constant travel. I drive all over the place now and I'm burnt out doing it.
Where I live: Providence, RI
Where I'm looking: I'd love to work right downtown in Providence but I'm open to 30 minutes of travel in any direction
When I can start: Whenever you want
Requirements: Health coverage, 401k would be nice
Can be reached via: PM or reply here

morningdrew fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 29, 2013

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I have no idea if they're hiring, but have you looked at Atrion? I think they're in one of the Kingstons, which is a bit of a haul from Providence but far from unbearable. Not quite sure if they're what you're looking for, though.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Sab669 posted:

I have no idea if they're hiring, but have you looked at Atrion? I think they're in one of the Kingstons, which is a bit of a haul from Providence but far from unbearable. Not quite sure if they're what you're looking for, though.

Looks like they have a few open around here, but require driving around to clients. That's pretty much what I'm doing now and I'd like to get away from that as much as possible

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh, right. I'm not a network guy so I never looked too much at their business, but my roommate is and I remember he was looking into it quite a bit. Move up to Boston like I'm trying to do :v:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

mono posted:

After over 6 years, I have 5 vacation days and 10 personal days. Working for a small 4 person company has its ups and downs (mostly downs :downs:)

Speaking of which:

My experience: 6.5 years of IT consulting, doing everything from Windows/Mac/Linux desktop support and fixing every drat problem you can imagine, Windows server (2003+ stuff (AD/DNS/Exchange/A little SQL)), network troubleshooting (physical stuff: cabling, terminating), firewall experience (Sonicwalls, Junipers, Netgears, a little Cisco here and there)
What I'm looking for: Ideally I'd like to jump onto the network team of a decent sized company, but I'm open to ideas.
What I'm NOT looking for: Something that requires constant travel. I drive all over the place now and I'm burnt out doing it.
Where I'm looking: I'd love to work right downtown in Providence but I'm open to 30 minutes of travel in any direction

If you're qualified for this job, and are willing to work in Boston, I can refer you to Carbonite. Back Bay station is like a five minute walk from HQ, and I know there's a train that goes to Providence from there.

https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/1277/network-engineer/job

Same goes for anyone, if you're good with Boston (or a couple positions in Sunnyvale, CA, I can refer you. Anyone I refer is guaranteed to get their resume looked at by a Real Actual Person.

If you're interested in any of the jobs in Sunnyvale, I have a lot more power than that. I've already gotten one goon hired!

Here's the full list of open jobs (there's two pages):
https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/search?pr=0&

GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Friends don't left friends do ECB
Dinosaur Gum

mono posted:

Speaking of which:

If you have Linux experience, there's open positions at my company - but we're a little bit farther from you than 30 minutes. Probably closer to 45-50 with traffic.

This is the actual job description!

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta
Job Opening

Position: Developer

3 years programming experience required.
Object oriented Java preferred, but other languages would be considered.
Experience with web languages (HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc).

Email me at saforumsuser99@yahoo.com if interested

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

If you're qualified for this job, and are willing to work in Boston, I can refer you to Carbonite. Back Bay station is like a five minute walk from HQ, and I know there's a train that goes to Providence from there.

https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/1277/network-engineer/job

This sounds pretty awesome, but it's a little overwhelming considering my experience is primarily with small networks (under 50 users) and I don't have much exposure to higher end equipment and fiber technologies.

CaladSigilon posted:

If you have Linux experience, there's open positions at my company - but we're a little bit farther from you than 30 minutes. Probably closer to 45-50 with traffic.

This is the actual job description!

Although I've been messing around with Linux on and off for about 14 years, I'd probably consider my skill level middle-of-the-road. I do like that your company's job page starts off with "Do you get poo poo done?" though

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

mono posted:

This sounds pretty awesome, but it's a little overwhelming considering my experience is primarily with small networks (under 50 users) and I don't have much exposure to higher end equipment and fiber technologies.

If you meet most of the requirements, you should apply. In my experience, most job postings are looking for a holy grail but would be more than happy with someone who is competent and reliable.

Also, the guy who's in charge of Ops (and would be your boss in that position) is awesome. I could hang out with him all day. I'm sad he moved to Ops and out of my department, because I don't get to talk to him much any more.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

ConfusedUs posted:

If you meet most of the requirements, you should apply. In my experience, most job postings are looking for a holy grail but would be more than happy with someone who is competent and reliable.

This can't be stressed enough in general for all you job seekers. Job Postings are basically Manager wish lists. No candidate is going to hit all the wish list items. If you think you can get up to speed in 90 days at the job, then apply apply apply! The last guy we hired didn't have 2 of our 'wish list' items, but was really strong with other things and showed in the interview he was a sharp guy who would have no issue getting up to speed. We hired him and it's worked out really well so far.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

That's encouraging, I'll get my resume up to spec and go from there. Thanks guys

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

mono posted:

That's encouraging, I'll get my resume up to spec and go from there. Thanks guys

Send your resume to me at confusedus at- gmail and I can pass you along directly.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

Send your resume to me at confusedus at- gmail and I can pass you along directly.

Awesome - sending now. :waycool:

GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Friends don't left friends do ECB
Dinosaur Gum
If you end up applying for something at my company, just shoot me a PM and I can make sure the recruiters know it's from me and at least get it past their first line screen if the hiring manager isn't me.

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.
Who we are: Limelight Networks - Video Platform
Location: Seattle, WA. Currently about two blocks from the Ferry Terminals, but we're moving to an old Amazon space right on top of International District station in two-ish months.
What we do: Limelight is historically a Content Delivery Network, owning datacenters, switches, and fiber. We're leveraging that platform to be a delivery mechanism for your Digital Presence, including Content Management, Content Delivery, Video publishing, and Cloud Storage. Do you want to be the person who insures that episodes are always ready to stream at Pokemon.com? Then you want to work with us.
When: Right now!

The role
The job listing is here, but the basic summary is that we're looking for someone to work on our UI team. We're not looking for an artist (although it's a great bonus!), we're looking for someone who can work with Javascript (+HTML/CSS), Obj-C, Java, and make sure that our customer-facing applications are communicating smoothly with the backend. You will drive design decisions, and work closely with our Management Services team to ensure that your applications can smoothly scale to a global audience. We're hiring in both Junior and Senior level positions.

The perks
Just to brag, this is easily the best working environment that I've ever been in. The Video team was a startup in Pioneer Square that was acquired by Limelight a few years ago. We've managed to keep the startup mentality, but have the resources of a global company backing us. We've got one large open-air work area, open collaboration, and incredibly low tolerance for bureaucratic bullshit. (That's not to say that we don't have process, but we make sure that everything actually serves a useful purpose.) Everyone here is brilliant, and, here's the kicker, no one is a smug rear end in a top hat about it. Hours are flexible, and we work a sane schedule. (Generally 40 hour weeks - if someone has to work more than that to meet a commitment, we see at it as a serious failure to plan sprint tasks.)

Every other Wednesday is board game night. :)

What we're looking for:
  • Online portfolio - Show us the amazing things you have created to date
  • Skilled with prototyping and design tools - Photoshop, OmniGraffle, etc
  • Works well in an agile/scrum development environment
  • In depth knowledge of CSS, HTML
  • Relevant undergraduate degree and 3-4+ years of UI design/programming experience
  • Ability to work everyday amongst our engineers in our downtown Seattle office

How do I apply?
Email me: arueckert+applications@limelight.com
Include your resume, and I'll forward it to our hiring manager.

aaronp
Jul 7, 2002

Who we are: 3VR
Location: San Francisco, CA. The office is located at 4th and Brannan streets, about 2 blocks from the ballpark, 2 blocks from Caltrain, and six blocks from BART/MUNI Metro.
What we do: From the website: "3VR has established itself as the most innovative player in video intelligence. Now we’re expanding into other markets by turning unstructured video into true business intelligence."
When: Right now, and I mean NOW.

The role
I'm leaving my role as the IT Manager and the only IT person in the entire company. I need someone to take over my duties (To start, it's a contract role, from there, it may become a permanent full time thing) and handle the IT work. We're almost entirely a Windows infrastructure with some Linux machines here and there. You have to be familiar with Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012, Windows 7 and 8, Exchange 2010 and 2013, and Lync Server 2010. The network infrastructure is Cisco with Juniper connecting to the WAN, and our virtualization is all vmware ESXi.

The system runs pretty smoothly as is, so we're looking for someone to get in and trained to support all the users and the servers.

The perks
As the only IT person you have a lot of autonomy and freedom. Want to set up a lab and play with the latest tools? Go for it. Want to learn IPv6? We're fully deployed, natively. Want to work on getting certs? You'll have plenty of time. The kitchen is kept stocked with soda, juice, water, snacks, treats, etc. Bagels every Monday, donuts every Friday, beer and wine every Friday. There's a few catered lunches per month as well.

What we're looking for:
  • Someone well versed in a Windows Server 2008/2012 environment with AD, CS, DHCP, DNS, WDS, WSUS, DFS.
  • Skilled in Cisco configuration including routing, access lists, trunking, VLANs, etc.
  • Basic to mid-level skills with linux - Redhat 6, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
  • Skilled with VMware ESXi 5.
  • Experience running a unified communications system. Ours is Lync 2010, but it's easy to learn if you've handled SIP before.
  • You need to live in or near San Francisco, we won't be relocating.

How do I apply?
Email me: apollock@3vr.com
Include your resume and any other details you think are pertinent, and if you're good I'll recommend you to the hiring manager. We're looking to fill this position *soon*, as I leave here on the 21st of this month.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

My current employer has openings in Buffalo, New York.

We're looking for people to fill in an open spot or two in a unique Helldesk situation. It's a mixture of End User support, hardware support, and systems administration.

Experience
Minimum of 2 years experience in performing Help Desk or related Desktop Management services in a corporate environment. A+, Network +, Project + certifications and at least one major O/S certification is preferred. Must be familiar with:

Microsoft XP / Windows 7 installation and support including the use of automated tools for Desktop Management (Imaging, MSI/MST, patch management, remote control, remote management, software deployment)
Fundamental Client Network configuration and troubleshooting using TCP/IP over Ethernet and Wireless Networking
Microsoft Office installation and troubleshooting
Printer installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
Installation, management, and support of Malware removal tools (anti-virus, anti-spam)
Telephone support of corporate users
Experience in creating/documenting/training standards and procedures to customers and junior level Help Desk associates.

In addition to the above posted blurb you'll also be working with SCCM 2012, a fair amount of AD and Exchange management, and supporting a wide variety of in-house software, as well as running / testing CAT-5e/CAT-6 and all sorts of side projects. IT Management is centralized in the Buffalo area and supports several sites around the US as well as international offices. Bonus points if you know your way around DNS/DHCP and have a strong understanding of NTFS file permissions and FTP. VoIP experience wouldn't hurt either.

The pay is above average for the area, and theres some great perks. Full company paid medical, Vacation, Profit Sharing, Yearly Reviews/Raises/Bonus, and a shitload of overtime opportunity if you want to take it. T-Shirt and Jeans work environment. Calling your boss a douche is A-OK in our department.

Experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment is preferred, as you'll be around ESD sensitive product as well as a large machine shop filled with a variety of CNC equipment. Despite the posting Certifications are entirely optional if you know your poo poo.

If you're interested or know someone who is, you can PM me any questions and we'll go from there.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 8, 2013

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
Throwing my hat in here:

I'm almost done with my BS in IT Security at WGU. I'm currently in Southeast Alaska but am looking to relocate to the Seattle area. I'm ready to move as soon as I either find a job or my house sells, but I don't need both to happen to move.

My experience: I've done contract work for a non-profit for the last 2 years. I set them up with a Windows SBS 2011 server, administered it, and did all the support and training for their employees. I also work full-time at the Police Department as a 911 dispatcher, but I do a lot of forensic IT type stuff, as well as a lot of the tech training for police officers.

Certs! A+, Sec+, CCNA Security, and a handful of CIW placemats. I'm working on my 70-680 right now.

What I'm looking for: Something a step above the bottom. I'm interested in security and when I finish school I plan on devoting a lot of free time to learning pen testing. I'm looking for an established place where there's opportunity to grow. I'm not interested in the SF style start-up hopping.

What I'm NOT looking for: Level 1 help desk if I can avoid it.

Where I live: Alaska, but looking to move to the Seattle area ASAP.

Where I'm looking: Seattle area.

When I can start: Roughly 3 weeks after hire. I need 2 weeks notice for my current job and roughly a week to a week and a half to take the once-weekly ferry down to Bellingham.

Requirements: A typical benefits package; Insurance, some sort of retirement, a gym membership would kick rear end too.

Can be reached at: PM or SeamusMcJobs at the geemale and I can provide you with my full resume and cover letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
updating my post since things have changed.

My experience: I have 3 years total IT experience. Just started working as a contractor for IBM working at Ally financial. I am one of 2 help desk people for about 700 users currently. That will become around 8-900 by the end of the year. I do all kind of break/fix and basic AD support, password resets and the like. It is insanely busy and we are constantly swamped. With the added users if they don't bring in another person I don't see how we will be able to accomplish tasks. They are transitioning to Win 7 in August.

Degree: I just finished an AS in Network support. Which basically consisted of 3 main class sets: 4 CISCO and 2 Red Hat and 2 Windows Server. I can go into more detail about what was covered in a PM or email.

Certs: working on CCNA

What I'm looking for: A Jr level network admin/engineer job something I can have the opportunity to learn and possibly move up in the company

What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk. Looking to move away from that side into the side I am interested in

Where I live: Florida but willing to relocate

Where I'm looking: anywhere but prefer pacific northwest

When I can start: 3-4 weeks after hire

Requirements: A typical benefits package; Insurance, some sort of retirement, PTO etc

Can be reached at: PM or swatjr at hotmail and I can forward you an official cover letter/resume