Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Not sure if it's a sale or price drop, but it's [Etrian Odyssey 4] definitely down to $29.99. Wasn't going to get it until I was done with Unchained Blades, but thanks for the heads up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The dude who mentioned it said it was "a 25% sale for the next couple weeks", so I guess that confirms it. Weird that Atlus didn't bother mentioning it at all (or maybe they did and I wasn't paying attention).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The dude who mentioned it said it was "a 25% sale for the next couple weeks", so I guess that confirms it. Weird that Atlus didn't bother mentioning it at all (or maybe they did and I wasn't paying attention).

I'm sure if Atlus had said anything, there'd have been an email. They are relentless with their goddamn emails.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It's totally worth getting digitally. I purchased the cart version, and realized I missed a chance at coins if I had gone digital. Also the save and load times are really fast if you have the digital version.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a banner over it in the eShop saying "Only $29.99 until 6/10/2013"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

quote:

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 20
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 20
Nice! I have €10.01 in my eShop account right now, so I won't need to stick anymore in to grab both games.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nonsense posted:

Also the save and load times are really fast if you have the digital version.

Uh, that's odd. There shouldn't be a noticeable difference. Placebo effect or is it really that noticeable?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

irlZaphod posted:

Nice! I have €10.01 in my eShop account right now, so I won't need to stick anymore in to grab both games.

Don't you need to add sales tax? I know both the Wii u and 3DS stateside still require to add a postal code to determine sales tax. Is it different for EU gamers?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Spiffster posted:

Is it different for EU gamers?

Yes, VAT is included on the final price in most, if not all, European countries.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

Yes, VAT is included on the final price in most, if not all, European countries.

That sucks a bit, considering I could have afforded Trine if Sales Tax was included... Oh well I got The Cave instead and I hope to enjoy that as well.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Welcome to Europe, where you don't need to do mental arithmetic when paying for things.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

irlZaphod posted:

Welcome to Europe, where you don't need to do mental arithmetic when paying for things.

I'm pretty sure that also applies to the part of the world that isn't America.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Spiffster posted:

I could have afforded Trine if Sales Tax was included... I got The Cave instead
Unfortunately for you, Trine is the superior game. While many (including me) had high hopes for The Cave because it was Ron Gilbert's pet project, it turned out to be uninspired, repetitive, and even dumb in places. It appears Gilbert hit gold once with Monkey Island and stopped there. It's still playable and you will hopefully enjoy it, just not as much as Trine, which is a great take on the old Lost Vikings formula with couch and online multiplayer.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
I thought Flipnote Studio 3D was coming by the end of May? Or was that just for Japan? There's not been news about it since it was announced.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They never gave a specific date beyond "summer", but they've sent out a few messages reminding people that the Hatena service for the DSiWare version is being shut down on May 30, so I imagine it won't be long now.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Question for U.K goons, has there been any news concerning Amazon's unique eShop cards? Back in March they advertised new designs for the eShop cards (with Toad on the 15, Luigi on the 25 etc..) saying they were 'coming soon' but I cant find anymore information on them or when they are being released. I have £15 in Amazon vouchers and want to get a £15 eShop card for when the two Oracle games get released.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

irlZaphod posted:

I never beat either of them, and after Skyward Sword I kind of want to play more 2d Zelda. I remember playing Oracle of Ages and loving it until I got to some portion with a kangaroo or something you used to jump across holes, getting off, and somehow getting Link to a position where he couldn't get back to it, and couldn't progress further in the game without it, loving me over permanently. I never played Oracle of Seasons, so I may grab both when they come out. Have they said if that connectivity to make one game a "sequel" to the other (then making a third "final" chapter) would be possible with the 3ds version?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The connectivity can be done entirely through passwords, so yeah of course it'll be possible.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

RBA Starblade posted:

I never beat either of them, and after Skyward Sword I kind of want to play more 2d Zelda. I remember playing Oracle of Ages and loving it until I got to some portion with a kangaroo or something you used to jump across holes, getting off, and somehow getting Link to a position where he couldn't get back to it, and couldn't progress further in the game without it, loving me over permanently. I never played Oracle of Seasons, so I may grab both when they come out. Have they said if that connectivity to make one game a "sequel" to the other (then making a third "final" chapter) would be possible with the 3ds version?

That's Ricky. Depending on your actions, you can end up with him, Moosh (a blue bear with wings) or Dimitri (a dodongo). I've played through OoA several times, and I think I ended up with Moosh all but once.

Somewhat related, but the last time I played OoA I somehow managed to get stuck at the water temple. Walkthroughs are no help because I'm so deep inside it. It makes me feel like the world's biggest idiot because I have navigated it successfully several times before. :doh:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Wait, are OoA/OoS out in the US? I don't have wifi at the moment, so I can't check.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Annath posted:

Wait, are OoA/OoS out in the US? I don't have wifi at the moment, so I can't check.
They'll be out this week.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

On May 30th, specifically

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Nightskye posted:

On May 30th, specifically

Hot drat!

Any retail 3DS games worth downloading? (besides FE:A which I have) I just got a 32GB card.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Depends on what you own! I grabbed Super Mario 3D Land as well, and plan to pick up that Donkey Kong Country Returns port soon, too. 3DS has a lot of really strong titles now.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Nightskye posted:

Depends on what you own! I grabbed Super Mario 3D Land as well, and plan to pick up that Donkey Kong Country Returns port soon, too. 3DS has a lot of really strong titles now.

I have... Ocarina of Time on cart and FE digitally...

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I didn't see this mentioned previously.

There's currently an offer on the EU e-shop where if you register 3 games with Club Nintendo you get to download a 4th for free. The eligible games are:

Luigi's Mansion 2
Monster Hunter 3
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of fate
Fire Emblem awakening
Lego City Undercover
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: gates to infinity
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (when it's released)

It's listed under the 'So many games! promotion' and ends 30/6/2013.

I was planning on picking up Luigi's mansion and DKCR3D next month, but now I'm tempted to get Fire Emblem too so I can get Animal Crossing for free.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It has been running for a month or so now, PSN has been mentioning it in the weekly release updates in the regular 3DS thread.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mr Phillby posted:

I was planning on picking up Luigi's mansion and DKCR3D next month, but now I'm tempted to get Fire Emblem too so I can get Animal Crossing for free.

About that, I got a code for Fire Emblem but since I'm not getting the other games I've been considering selling it cheap for someone who wants to get the fourth game in the promotion. If you are interested I can make a thread on SA Mart.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
So would anyone say that Starship Damrey is worth it? I've been interested in it but I'm still on the fence a bit.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

AllisonByProxy posted:

So would anyone say that Starship Damrey is worth it? I've been interested in it but I'm still on the fence a bit.

It's okay, not great. Most of the game boils down to wandering around the ship and looking for ID cards, occasionally solving an inventory puzzle. It has a nice atmosphere, but that's about it. I'd suggest waiting for a sale unless you have irrational nostalgic feelings for Enemy Zero.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Super Mario RPG is a regular $8 game on the North American Wii Virtual Console, right? Just want to make sure I can still get if I pass on the current Club Nintendo coin promotion.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Minidust posted:

Super Mario RPG is a regular $8 game on the Wii Virtual Console, right? Just want to make sure I can still get if I pass on the current Club Nintendo coin promotion.

Yes it's $8 in NA.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Yes it's $8 in NA.
Great, thanks. Makes sense for me to hold off on a bunch of registrations til after June then.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Saoshyant posted:

About that, I got a code for Fire Emblem but since I'm not getting the other games I've been considering selling it cheap for someone who wants to get the fourth game in the promotion. If you are interested I can make a thread on SA Mart.

How much were you thinking? I only really want two of the games in the set of eight but I've been tempted due to the buy one get one free nature of the next two. Was thinking about donkey kong or something, not played any DK games besides Jungle Beat.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

not played any DK games besides Jungle Beat.

Go buy DK94 from the VC right now. Best $4 you'll ever spend.

decoy octopus
Oct 26, 2005

You fat Loco, you fat

Sadly all the DKC games got delisted about a year ago

edit misread. my apologies

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Agreed, but with the disclaimer that that DK '94 is a much different game from either Donkey Kong Country Returns or Jungle Beat. It may the best $4 you'll ever spend, but it won't give you a good idea of what the DKC games are like.

Buy it anyway.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

At what time does the eStore update? I can't wait for the Zelda games!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Okay, I've played Donkey Kong before but not any of the games where you play as DK besides JB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Okay, I've played Donkey Kong before but not any of the games where you play as DK besides JB.

DK '94 is not the original Donkey Kong. DK '94 is a puzzle platformer with about about a hundred stages released for the GameBoy in--you might have already guessed--1994.

It's basically the first game in the Mario vs Donkey Kong series, which didn't kick off proper until the GameBoy Advance. If you're in the Ambassador Program you already have Mario vs Donkey Kong, also a really damned good game that's well worth your attention.