Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Everyone that hates Dmitri and other kiss-rear end regulars on call-in shows, raise your hand.

(I'm catching up on the call-in shows)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Eh, even when I listen live I'm too :geno: to ever actually call in, as I suspect most listeners are. It would be nice to hear a greater variety of callers, but I'm not surprised that its a smaller group that consistently calls in.

Also, has anyone figured out how LtCommanderArmstrong always manages to be the first caller? My best guess is witchcraft.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I have no idea. All I know is that every time I try to get on, I get drowned out by the same people that call in and get annoyed when I've got to listen to the same jerkoff that's Korey's bff take up ten minutes of the show.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Many people on the site rightfully pointing out that while their margins are down, cutting their budget by so much and removing 90% of the content is going to make things worse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Many people on the site rightfully pointing out that while their margins are down, cutting their budget by so much and removing 90% of the content is going to make things worse.

At the same time, they absolutely couldn't continue what they were doing or the site would be gone/dropped by Hollywood.com. Slowly regrowing is a better plan than hoping the highs will eventually pay for all the new content.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Oh wow, I got my tweet read on ACOCO again :)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Holy poo poo, a new podcast with a combo never seen before: http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/the-daily-spill-may-27-2013

Korey and...Cyrus?!

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Tae posted:

Holy poo poo, a new podcast with a combo never seen before: http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/the-daily-spill-may-27-2013

Korey and...Cyrus?!

Seems interesting enough, hope the site gets through this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They posted a FAQ about the changes on the front page of the site last night. As I think it was brought up before, the only people left are the original four.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Tuesday Daily show seems to be a lesser Remote Viewing (Still with Korey and Cyrus).

They're also doing what seems to be a weekly spoiler call-in show.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

So yeah, looks like Spill 2.0 is going to be the Korey show featuring the rest of the Spill crew. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Korey is great and all and I really like the The Daily Spill so far but definitely want a Leon + Cyrus show.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
With how stressed and busy Korey was before, how can he manage devoting at least an hour each day to these daily spills. Maybe mix it up, get in Co Host with Cyrus or something.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I have no idea. I do think there will be another Leon/Cyrus show at some point though.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

The Loading Bar is back (with a new name)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

bowser posted:

The Loading Bar is back (with a new name)

Hells yeah. Hopefully they'll get an offer sooner or later. They are about $3,200 up on their Fundrazr Account.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/fWFWb?psid=47b21031ce764aa0945a7e1d5412290f

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
And now they have a podcast again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqejej_xSBM

Jason's still a bit on the obnoxious side as usual, but it's great to hear Jeff again.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I've gotten used to Jason at this stage, it's a shame we won't hear Nicky Poo any time soon. :britain:

The Loading Bar Rage Select also released a Questions and Answers video explaining what they can't use at the moment (Hollywood.com / Spill.com own) and their plans for the future.

List of things gone / unavailable:

Professor Jeff (Character name)
Red Dead Ridiculous Series
Garfieldius!!!
The Loading Bar name (Hollywood.com / Spill.com own)

New things to come:
Website - Rageselect.com (coming next week - they hope)
Special Guests
A video a day (they hope to build up an archive on their website)
May have Nick Hodges (Nicky Poo) on for a Happy Hour Let's Play soon
May have Kevin on for a Happy Hour Let's Play when he is available
Possible call in show using Google online chat system - possibly allows calls / voicechat from around the world
New Playthroughs of shorter games
Reviews
Much more!

Here's the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX8xz8FCiT4

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 4, 2013

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

It's a shame they lost all the Loading Bar rights. Happy Hour sounds so much better than 'Lets Play', and I'm still not entirely sure what Rage Select is supposed to mean. Is it a pun or reference or something that I'm missing? :iiam:

Edit: V V :ms:

bowser fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 4, 2013

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

bowser posted:

It's a shame they lost all the Loading Bar rights. Happy Hour sounds so much better than 'Lets Play', and I'm still not entirely sure what Rage Select is supposed to mean. Is it a pun or reference or something that I'm missing? :iiam:

Stage Select

Rage Select

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
They are looking for suggestions on what to call their LP's, just post a comment to their latest LP. They know calling it an LP will lead to it getting lost in the shuffle.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

PowerBeard posted:

Garfieldius!!!

Wait Hollywood.com actually owns the rights to a player character of a property they themselves don't actually own? :psyduck:

E: It just seems like a waste of time and money to trademark on something that is not even a character but rather a joke. No wonder why Spill has been getting wrecked lately.

LateToTheParty fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 6, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It doesn't cost Hollywood.com anything. They signed contracts that give up rights to whatever content they produced under the Spill name.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Jeff and Jason have finally gotten up their own website, https://rageselect.com, where they have some reviews, podcasts, videos and will show their E3 coverage on the site.

Now we can never mention them again and focus on Spill.com. I'm impressed with how much content both Spill and RageSelect are putting out over the past 2 weeks.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So did anybody attend Spill.con? How was it?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
They put up their reviews of Pacific Rim and Grown Ups 2. I only just found out about these guys a couple weeks ago. Funny stuff :haw:

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

They put up their reviews of Pacific Rim and Grown Ups 2. I only just found out about these guys a couple weeks ago. Funny stuff :haw:

Any Adam Sandler or Kevin James-related review that has Co-Host is gold, because of how much he loves the former (and is alone in that among the group) and despises the latter.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Update for those who miss Remote Viewing: You can now catch Cyrus & Brian doing pretty much the exact same show under a different name at Oneofus.net.

Also, Rage Select is doing...this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXykYfOu8QU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
This week's A Couple of Cold Ones is the music episode. Good stuff.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

These new LDT recaps on Youtube are pretty great, but it's still weird seeing live action Korey.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love these guys. I do. But i'm not enjoying their movie reviews so much any more. I've disagreed with them way too much lately. I mean, they'll give a film a Matinee, but they'll go ahead and trash it. I don't know. I really disagreed with their Pacific Rim review, didn't agree with their Man of Steel review, and now Thor 2.

Maybe they're just getting old and bitter. That being said, I still love their podcasts, so they're not putting me off totally.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They really need another show on their podcasts. I guess that was going to be the new Cyrus/Leon show before everything fell apart over there.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

I love these guys. I do. But i'm not enjoying their movie reviews so much any more. I've disagreed with them way too much lately. I mean, they'll give a film a Matinee, but they'll go ahead and trash it. I don't know. I really disagreed with their Pacific Rim review, didn't agree with their Man of Steel review, and now Thor 2.

Maybe they're just getting old and bitter. That being said, I still love their podcasts, so they're not putting me off totally.

They kinda were on different fences on Pac Rim. I know the last two I listened to were hilarious just because of the stories (One Direction and Last Vegas), dunno about the reviews since I haven't seen either movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah, the reviews I don't really care about end up being the best. Especially One Direction. I was loving rolling. But it's the blockbusters of late that have frustrated me when it comes to their reviews. They just seem to be all over the place, and I can't even really jive with them as much.

And yes, I do think they need a new podcast. Cyrus and Leon need their own area too. They work well together.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

CelticPredator posted:

And yes, I do think they need a new podcast. Cyrus and Leon need their own area too. They work well together.
They should bring the Korey and Billy show back.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cyrus and Leon already have their own podcast (again) on a different site. You have to realize the Spill crew sees far more movies than anyone will ever see (especially Cyrus) so what they see will be different than the average person that sees the movies shown in actual theaters.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tae posted:

Cyrus and Leon already have their own podcast (again) on a different site. You have to realize the Spill crew sees far more movies than anyone will ever see (especially Cyrus) so what they see will be different than the average person that sees the movies shown in actual theaters.
Do you have a link?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Do you have a link?

http://oneofus.net/

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I pulled up the site to see what was going on, and they did a Call in Show earlier today.....and I'm reading this poo poo on the chat box...

12:16 fungusmonkey: Yes, ChristopherWelchFan - Spill will be shutting down at the end of the month

The gently caress?

http://my.spill.hollywood.com/profiles/blogs/spill-live-call-in-show-december-6-2013

Something to do with Hollywood.com or something.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 6, 2013

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I was about to make fun of you for reading the chat during a call-in show, but go drat.

But it is in fact the truth: https://twitter.com/Kcoolman/status/409038196841127936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's on Grant's facebook too.....this is actually making me sad. I've been listening to the site since 2007.

EDIT: The news gets shitter.....

12:47 fungusmonkey: I was told people had questions. I don't know much (you're better off asking Korey) but I do know that <censored> owns everything on the site
12:47 fungusmonkey: So you absolutely cannot post that content up somewhere else
12:47 fungusmonkey: and believe me, they're real hardcore about copyright infringement
12:48 ChristopherWelchFan: But if the site ends, how can we revisit the reviews and such?
12:48 fungusmonkey: But, you are welcome and encouraged to download the podcasts and videos for yourselves on your own computer
12:48 fungusmonkey: I don't know what Hollywood plans on doing with the site when we're all gone, but I imagine they'll just shut it off

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 6, 2013

• Locked thread