Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

RatHat posted:

Opportunism: Augments your Strength whilst you cling to a foe. Obviously not as useful if you're using a magic weapon or are a Magick archer.
Nah, I'd say Magick Archer can get good use out of this since you can pair it with Immolation/Fire Shroud and Hundred/Thousand Kisses. It's pretty cool if you do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

TehGherkin posted:

Also, I don't want Aelinore to Be my love interest. Should I rescue her AFTER completing Deny Salvation but BEFORE speaking to the dragonforged? Is there anyway to do this quest and not have that happen? I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm lame and want Madeleine this time :3:

You can do it like me and get Aelinore with the dragon and afterward at your house, but then have Madeleine hanging with your pawn for some reason. :iiam:

Of course the most recent time I played through the game I ended up with Selene because I rushed through the game and talked to practically no one else at all. What I'm trying to say is just go with whoever you end up with and feel free to laugh your rear end off at the whole thing.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gear is probably more important than level for BBI. Make sure you have some upgraded everfall/Ur Dragon stuff going in. Weapons, especially. And if you need to grind up any vocations for augments, do so using the noble quarter trick in postgame before you finish and move into NG+. There's a wall you can jump up on in front of the Gran Soren church where infinite enemies will spawn that your pawns can kill while you go afk. Be sure to bring wakestones though. Very rarely pawn abilities will toss something up there where it will kill you. If you hang off the side of the wall on the highest point, you have 0 chance of dying, but your pawns kill much slower there, so I just go on top. Since these guys give less than 100 xp you also get maximum DP returns, which levels vocations quite quickly.

Also, if you are interested in grinding levels for BBI and are capable of downing offline Ur-Dragon without too much trouble, you aren't gonna find many faster ways than going into NG+ and repeatedly killing him from Cassardis while holding a blessed flower. You'll be getting several levels each kill, as well as poo poo tons of wakestones. Those wakestones come in handy for BBI and you can sell a bunch of them to pay for blessed flower forgeries. If you need a weapon capable of hurting him, I can send you one of the Ur drops if you want, depending on your vocation.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 31, 2013

Raefer
Mar 9, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

When you finish Deny Salvation the dragon has already taken your love interest, and it'll cancel Duchess in Distress as well.

You can definitely do Duchess in Distress after Deny Salvation if you haven't accepted it yet.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Vargs posted:

Gear is probably more important than level for BBI. Make sure you have some upgraded everfall/Ur Dragon stuff going in. Weapons, especially. And if you need to grind up any vocations for augments, do so using the noble quarter trick in postgame before you finish and move into NG+.

Also, if you are interested in grinding levels for BBI and are capable of downing offline Ur-Dragon without too much trouble, you aren't gonna find many faster ways than going into NG+ and repeatedly killing him from Cassardis while holding a blessed flower. You'll be getting several levels each kill, as well as poo poo tons of wakestones. Those wakestones come in handy for BBI and you can sell a bunch of them to pay for blessed flower forgeries. If you need a weapon capable of hurting him, I can send you one of the Ur drops if you want, depending on your vocation.

That'd be amazing if you could, I'm going Mystic Knight unfortunately, and I hear hybrid weapons are hard to send, but MK can use fighter longswords and such I believe.

I wanted to hold-off on going NG+ and do BBI during the postgame for reasons of MY IMMERSION, but I might hold off on that.

I'm just going to say 'Screw it' to whoever the love interest ends up being. Also the last few posts regarding it bring this to mind, although I'm sure everyone's already seen it, just in case one or two haven't I'll put it up anyway.

Don't click if you haven't finished the main quest!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I just started playing this game last week and man do I feel stupid for buying one of those 2000 RC packs. :blush:

Just had my pawn return from someone using them for the first time; she came back with over 850,000 RC, full dragon forged gear and like three BBI items.

God drat! :stare:

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Thanks for the neat stuff buttermonster! Hopefully I get something sweet from the BB lvl 3s!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Moola posted:

I just started playing this game last week and man do I feel stupid for buying one of those 2000 RC packs. :blush:

Just had my pawn return from someone using them for the first time; she came back with over 850,000 RC, full dragon forged gear and like three BBI items.

It's pretty awesome to just randomly sleep an inn and wake up with your pawn letting you know they raked in some RC and wacky gear.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How do I delete my pawn from the list? I wanna put my new one there.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Just edit the old stuff with the new information.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TehGherkin posted:

I'm just going to say 'Screw it' to whoever the love interest ends up being. Also the last few posts regarding it bring this to mind, although I'm sure everyone's already seen it, just in case one or two haven't I'll put it up anyway.

Just make sure you don't get Asalam or Caxton as your love interest, or they'll move to your house in postgame. Not as big of a deal now since there's a portstone outside Cassardis in DA but still annoying.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nahxela posted:

Just edit the old stuff with the new information.

How did I miss the big edit button. :cripes:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You don't even need to do that, just double click in the cell to type in it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

You don't even need to do that, just double click in the cell to type in it.

God I'm loving stupid.

Anyway its done, please give Lizzy a good home and let her cast spells on you.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

TehGherkin posted:

That'd be amazing if you could, I'm going Mystic Knight unfortunately, and I hear hybrid weapons are hard to send, but MK can use fighter longswords and such I believe.

You'll need to switch your pawn to fighter for a bit so I can equip him with a sword. I've got plenty of spare ascalons though, so as soon as I seem him switch vocations I'll give him one.

Moola posted:

If your pawn is pretty low level and this is some high end stuff like Abyssinal + Ur-Dragon weapons or something, be warned that there are stamina penalties for using them until you reach 50-ish.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Razzled posted:

LOL. That's loving epic! The ONE time that happened to me, my girl went "I'LL CATCH YOU" and she over shot me by like 5 meters and I slammed into the ground dead.

At least they try.

My healer pawn has this unrelenting hard on for becoming a scavenger no matter how many potions I pump in her. To the point where she'll run off, solo, into a pack of hellfire wolves to grab herself! ... A rock.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
I'm all set for Magick Medals now, thank you guys!

Also thanks Vargz for hiring my pawn and sending him back with the 'The Arisen's only peace will be death' note as a gift :D

Anyone who uses Anteas at all: Sorry if he sucks for a bit, I'm switching him to fighter both to get gifted something and to get him a few levels as one for extra HP.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So apparently chest drops are completely random?

How often do chests refresh? Do they refresh at all?

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Seems like some are random and some arent, i have gotten the same hammer out of a chest 3 times now. As for how long i think its around three in game days? maybe 4 or 5.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Alteisen posted:

So apparently chest drops are completely random?

How often do chests refresh? Do they refresh at all?

Each chest has a pool of items it can pull from, with some results being weighted more heavily than others. For valuable stuff like everfall loot or cursed items, you can save in front of a chest and then keep killing yourself with the godsbane till you get what you want. It's pretty tedious, but good luck farming up a bunch of items with 4% drop rates otherwise.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
I am disappointed in the lack of a purple hair color (I also couldn't really find a hairstyle that fit for karen) :( I got pretty close though I think. I really wish there were horizontal elf ears.

the screenshots the game takes are surprisingly low quality..

Anyways! Time to go blow up some bandits!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lunimeow posted:

I am disappointed in the lack of a purple hair color (I also couldn't really find a hairstyle that fit for karen) :( I got pretty close though I think. I really wish there were horizontal elf ears.

Is there a purple at the rift crystal store in the pawn encampment? I know he has a bunch of other more prismatic hair and skin colors. I think his inventory grows as the game progresses too.

e:
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Rift_Shop
No pure purple, maybe one of them would work for you though. Once you buy one I think you can change hair color at the barber in Gran Soren.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 31, 2013

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Does metamorphosis allow you to change your pawn's name?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NarkyBark posted:

Does metamorphosis allow you to change your pawn's name?
Yeah you can change anything. You can have a short old black lady named Lucifer and swap them out for a giant fat white guy named Maximilian.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Got a fully upgraded blackwing bow today. With my magic gear and periapts make BBI a joke at this point.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The wyvern near the fort was so much easier at level 30 with better gear, my warrior's indomitable slash was doing an entire bar!

I wonder if I'm adventuring to much, haven't even finished the wyrm hunt crap and I'm that high level already.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.

a kitten posted:

Is there a purple at the rift crystal store in the pawn encampment? I know he has a bunch of other more prismatic hair and skin colors. I think his inventory grows as the game progresses too.

e:
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Rift_Shop
No pure purple, maybe one of them would work for you though. Once you buy one I think you can change hair color at the barber in Gran Soren.

The closest to purple is the burgandyish color I think, the only other thing thats close is the dark blue next to it, I did find a better hairstyle though (I got all the hairstyles and colors and stuff)

E: hundred kisses is badass as hell, I just totally trashed a chimera in like a minute.
E2: Are there static drops in the world too? I have been exploring like crazy and a bunch of hidden caves and stuff, but most interestingly i found a sword stuck in a stone near a cliff and i looted it and i figured it was just a material but they were actually a pair of sweet daggers that were better than what i had! They are called scalding razors and they have permanent fire.

Lunimeow fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 31, 2013

Cakeequals
Jun 15, 2011

I'm going to make sweet love to him! FROM THE BACK!!
RRRRRRRRR
Are the Sacrifice MA skills worth it at all? I want to stick with MA cause it's the best, so I was thinking having Great Sacrifice and Autonomy and then firing all my pawns at whatever tough enemies I happen to find, but the viability of that all depends on the damage. I have the tier two version, if that makes much of a difference.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Cakeequals posted:

Are the Sacrifice MA skills worth it at all? I want to stick with MA cause it's the best, so I was thinking having Great Sacrifice and Autonomy and then firing all my pawns at whatever tough enemies I happen to find, but the viability of that all depends on the damage. I have the tier two version, if that makes much of a difference.

It instantly kills most enemies in the Everfall and has a massive AOE (that deals less damage the farther things are from the point of impact, I think). I used it to farm wakestones up for a bit, but I haven't tried it in BBI at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cakeequals posted:

The damage probably isn't worth losing the pawns. It's also Dark element so a lot of enemy resist it.

Cakeequals
Jun 15, 2011

RRRRRRRRR
Shame, could have been a fun gimmick, it would have been a nice change of pace from "guy who uses Ricochet Seeker a whole lot".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you use Ricochet shot a lot it might be a smart idea to turn off controller rumbling so your controller's battery doesn't drain super fast.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I got a ring that levelled up my Burst Strike or something, and now when I use it the screen flashes blue for a second and I guess it does more damage maybe?

Looking forward to getting that augment that makes you do more damage while hanging on guys. That's basically all I do - grab a dude, dire gouge.

edit - here's how my Dark Arisen experience has gone so far.

50% of my gameplay

I got the "Enemies have died here's new enemies!" when they weren't dead, at all.

Thievery fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 31, 2013

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

RatHat posted:

If you use Ricochet shot a lot it might be a smart idea to turn off controller rumbling so your controller's battery doesn't drain super fast.

So THAT's why my poo poo keep running out of batteries in only 1 play sessions-- hahahaha.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

RatHat posted:

How have I been playing Xbox for 10 years and just realized this now :ughh:

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Okay so I know you can lower speech rate of your pawn by using the chair and i have done that about 10 times now and i sware to go she still say something even couple steps... I'm walking around in a dark rear end abandoned mineshaft and she wont shut up, she was even like "hm did you say something?" when I in real life told her to shut up hahaha

Warm Inca Lips
Feb 17, 2012
With the chair you have to pick the counterintuitive option, I forget how it's worded exactly but if you pick the one that sounds like you're telling them to talk less they'll actually talk more.

At least you tried to fix it? I really wish the pawn rating system had an option to say "Prithee teach thine pawn to shutteth the hell up, ser" or something. I had a non-goon pawn once who was so :words: it was literally impossible for the others to get a word in edgewise, like not even to talk over each other like they sometimes do.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
I've been using the Volodan Armor (the blue/gold poo poo from Dark Arisen) on my Assassin for about the last 30 levels. Every piece of armor I come across is inferior in terms of stats. At what point do I actually start seeing better stuff? I just finished the Bluemoon Tower part of the main quest(level 50 now, just spending way too much time killing things)

Basically, my Assassin doesn't look like an Assassin at all, rather, a bulky knight..and that annoys me :mad:

Cakeequals
Jun 15, 2011

RRRRRRRRR
It would make sense that every single piece of armor you found was inferior, cause the Volodan armor is a full set, so it has the stats of a full set. Maybe making a set of different armor you find would give you higher stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
If I want to play strider as a main class should I spend some levels in assassin to get strength? I heard that strider is pretty rounded with stats and assassin dumps str, I don't know if that meens i'll be getting less stamina or something though.

Warm Inca Lips posted:

With the chair you have to pick the counterintuitive option, I forget how it's worded exactly but if you pick the one that sounds like you're telling them to talk less they'll actually talk more.

At least you tried to fix it? I really wish the pawn rating system had an option to say "Prithee teach thine pawn to shutteth the hell up, ser" or something. I had a non-goon pawn once who was so :words: it was literally impossible for the others to get a word in edgewise, like not even to talk over each other like they sometimes do.

Yeah they say something like I tend to talk only when i have something to say or it is needed or something like that and you say no and they say they will be more reticent, I'm pretty sure thats the right one but god drat..

• Locked thread