Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Guild bank for people to deposit the cards they get from forever drafting, so that the spergy AH friend can sell some and keep them in the moneys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Fallorn posted:

Guild bank for people to deposit the cards they get from forever drafting, so that the spergy AH friend can sell some and keep them in the moneys.

I think the best solution would be to tag the card with its owner so they can rip it away from you at a moment's notice. That'd be both efficient and drama-inducing.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

signalnoise posted:

I think the best solution would be to tag the card with its owner so they can rip it away from you at a moment's notice. That'd be both efficient and drama-inducing.

Awoxing into the next drama bomb.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
If they promise not to ban anyone who gets director roles in the guild bank and steals it, in for $1000

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
I'm certain they will ban thieves. I don't think this game is supposed to be that hardcore. Hilarious if they let that sort of thing ride, though.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I really hope they manage to get enough for tablet support: I'd love a good CCG on my kindle fire.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

They have at least $88,110 from paypal-pledges, so they've already reached the goal for tablet support.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Tamba posted:

They have at least $88,110 from paypal-pledges, so they've already reached the goal for tablet support.

Oh right, I got confused by the latest update talking about "Just $40,000 to go for Tablet Support!"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Blazing Zero posted:

I'm certain they will ban thieves. I don't think this game is supposed to be that hardcore. Hilarious if they let that sort of thing ride, though.

If it's *possible* to steal from the guild bank, the whole concept is going to be a failure. The only way to do it is going to be with account-flagged cards that revert to the owner the minute Owner leaves guild.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Hopefully they have a decent card loaning system. Being able to loan deck X out to your friend for a set period so he can play in an event, then having it automatically returned to you without either party having to do anything would be ideal.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Yeah I hope they have deck sharing as well as card bank personally. Hopefully it's actually really fully featured with various settings like different levels of access for different areas of the bank, permissions per guild rank, etc..

I mean they're touting it as an MMO, give me at least the level of bank customization that EQ2 had. Minus the payment for expanded bank slots of course. So help me if there are over 600 cards at release and tons of equipment but you only have 100 slots in the bank I will be SO DISAPPOINTED.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
They went over some of the guild features in one of the articles:

quote:

We’ll be able to create a guild and share a pool of cards and deck in our Guild Bank just like we do now in real life!

We’ll each buy or earn our fair share of boosters to get our drafts on like usual, playing together and even getting to compete with other players from around the world. The cards we collect after these drafts will be pooled together to let us build decks just like we always do. The Guild Banks will have our regular gauntlet of test decks and new brews of secret decks, without having to worry about scrambling to get all the cards. As members, we’ll be able to check these decks out even if we don’t have the cards in our personal collections to play against other Guild members.

I interpreted it as any card sharing will be for in guild only things. When you think about it that makes the most sense... I mean if each guild only needed one set of cards that would have a pretty huge negative effect on the economy for single cards.

I still think this is a pretty awesome feature as our guild will more than likely always have a full set to experiment with for people who aren't drafting or buying a ton of packs.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

quote:

Can Dungeons/Raids/Single Player PVE be repeatedly completed for different or more rewards (experience/PVE cards/Equipment whatever)?
-Yes! You can replay content for different objectives. There's no cooldown or energy in HEX, so you can play a dungeon back-to-back-to-back-to-infinity if you'd like.

Thank god. Energy based F2P-games are the worst.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

I interpreted it as any card sharing will be for in guild only things. When you think about it that makes the most sense... I mean if each guild only needed one set of cards that would have a pretty huge negative effect on the economy for single cards.

I still think this is a pretty awesome feature as our guild will more than likely always have a full set to experiment with for people who aren't drafting or buying a ton of packs.

Soooo is it deck sharing or card sharing? I mean IRL the way it would work is if the group has one copy of the card, one copy of the card is available to the group. You could in essence check it out of the guild library of cards, and it would be unavailable to anyone else until it's replaced, and we'd keep a log of what everyone actually owns, if we're really meticulous.

I don't think this is out of the question for Hex, and I really think they should implement just this kind of system. And the reason for this is they already have individual card tracking for the purpose of double-backs so this shouldn't be a problem.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Tamba posted:

Thank god. Energy based F2P-games are the worst.
Yeah, was curious about this and am glad this is the case.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

signalnoise posted:

Soooo is it deck sharing or card sharing? I mean IRL the way it would work is if the group has one copy of the card, one copy of the card is available to the group. You could in essence check it out of the guild library of cards, and it would be unavailable to anyone else until it's replaced, and we'd keep a log of what everyone actually owns, if we're really meticulous.

I don't think this is out of the question for Hex, and I really think they should implement just this kind of system. And the reason for this is they already have individual card tracking for the purpose of double-backs so this shouldn't be a problem.

It's both, as i understand it. You can share cards, that people can use for whatever. I'd assume you'd no longer be able to use the card you shared and only one person can use it at a time. You can also share a deck, that your guildies can use to play against other guildies only. That seems like it'll be cloned, which would it pretty awesome for testing.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Cynic Jester posted:

It's both, as i understand it. You can share cards, that people can use for whatever. I'd assume you'd no longer be able to use the card you shared and only one person can use it at a time. You can also share a deck, that your guildies can use to play against other guildies only. That seems like it'll be cloned, which would it pretty awesome for testing.

That'd be great, I hope that's the case

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
I'd imagine that you can't permanently take cards or decks out of the guild bank unless you were the one who put it in. At least I hope so. I'd love to see a guild shoebox where you toss in crap you don't care about for any member to take and own. Maybe multiple shoeboxes with fancy access levels.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

That actually sounds pretty cool. A guild of tournament junkies could keep a copy of every competitive deck in the bank for playtesting, eliminating the need to hunt down that one guy who happens to have the deck you want to test against.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

katkillad2 posted:

This was my read as well. I think you'd actually need to give the cards to someone for them to use in non-guild games. It makes no sense to just let everyone use one copy. The idea is that you can do your testing in guild then when you decide on your decks, people can buy just the singles they need. I'm sure the banks will also be set up so that some cards can be taken permanently - giving commons and uncommons to newer members, etc.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Crypto response to my question about how guild bank will work:

quote:

It is undecided how much a player can share with their guild at this time. It will likely be decks and then some things you donate to the guild bank (which you would not retain control of).

Thanks.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I guess since it's going to legit be with my friends

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, I'm not entirely comfortable with putting a deck up for loan if someone who borrows it would have complete control over what happens to those cards. I'd need some kind of guarantee that I won't get shafted.

On a related note, do we know if there will be trading? Will all card transactions have to be through the Auction House and the Guild Bank?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

signalnoise posted:

Crypto response to my question about how guild bank will work:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I guess since it's going to legit be with my friends

Eh, is that "Decks (which you retain control of) and cards donated to guild bank (which you do not retain control of)" or "Decks and cards donated to guild back, neither of which you retain control of"

Subordinate clauses are the bane of clear developer communications.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
It looks pretty clear to me.

Decks are more like deck designs. You submit a deck design (you probably have to have the cards) to the guild bank and guildmates can play with it amongst themselves.

Alternatively, you can flat out donate cards, items and miscellaneous crap to the guild bank instead and have no control over it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Eh, is that "Decks (which you retain control of) and cards donated to guild bank (which you do not retain control of)" or "Decks and cards donated to guild back, neither of which you retain control of"

Subordinate clauses are the bane of clear developer communications.
You retain control of the decks. There's also the option of donating cards. They are two different things.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Yea that definitely makes the most sense and how I was interpreting it.

This card is blowing my mind :psyduck:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

e:^What's the Eye of Creation Deck?

New Kickstarter update, new stretch goal:

quote:

At 1.8 million dollars, we're going to hire a famous fantasy writer to create the first HEX novel! That writer has agreed to jump on the project and once the T's are crossed, I's are dotted, we'll be able to announce his or her name. So, soon!

The reward for unlocking the novel is that we'll be able to give Kickstarter backers early access to alpha, character name reservation, and guild creation. You'll be able to register your account name, create your guilds, and play an early alpha version of HEX before anybody else. Now, the 1 year of weekly drafts for those backers won't start at this point, nor your other rewards. This is free early access to the alpha to get a look at the game you've helped build.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

katkillad2 posted:

Yeah, I agree, just pointing out that his wording was a little ambiguous.

quote:

Hex seems to have a lot of high-power game-ending cards with high logistical costs. Things like this, Trial of Faith, Soul Marble, Sliver of the Immortal Spear, and The Transcended all take a bit of setup but will basically end the game once in play. Seems like they don't want games lasting more than a half hour or so :P

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

katkillad2 posted:

That's the Hex take on this Magic card. Hitting duplicates is way more powerful though and you get spells

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

katkillad2 posted:

It's this card (but slightly better):

edit goddammit

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 30, 2013

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Karnegal posted:

That's the Hex take on this Magic card. Hitting duplicates is way more powerful though and you get spells

I think what he was mentioning was the equipment on it. What is the Eye of Creation deck? If you have that piece of equipment on it, does it just pull from a starter deck or something rather than your own deck?

It's strange, either way.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Vincent Valentine posted:

I think what he was mentioning was the equipment on it. What is the Eye of Creation deck? If you have that piece of equipment on it, does it just pull from a starter deck or something rather than your own deck?

It's strange, either way.

What I want to know is, what does being the Master of Time entail, and can I do it to or is the position only reserved for bugs?

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

What I want to know is, what does being the Master of Time entail, and can I do it to or is the position only reserved for bugs?

I bet master of time is a separate card and this changes it so instead of time bug coming in it brings the other card in.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Fallorn posted:

I bet master of time is a separate card and this changes it so instead of time bug coming in it brings the other card in.

A card which might not even exist until you equip the knife. That's the magic of a completely digital game.

Hopefully the Master of Time has at least four different alternate arts.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Vincent Valentine posted:

I'm not basing this on anything in particular, but I'd assume it's some deck of powerful cards that can only be accessed through that item (the deck can only be accessed that is, not the cards).

Also, there was a goon named Time Master who posted some cool stuff in the draw every day thread like 7 years ago. It's probably a reference to him.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Oh man, I want them to make an obvious name knockoff of Floral Spuzzem that has an AI so it actually CAN make decisions on its own.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Crypto made some comments on the KS page and said they weren't going to increase the PP or GK tiers so hopefully everyone here already had the tier you wanted. If not the last day or so would probably be best to keep an eye out as i'm sure there are a ton of people who over pledged judging from their forums.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JerryLee posted:

Oh man, I want them to make an obvious name knockoff of Floral Spuzzem that has an AI so it actually CAN make decisions on its own.
Finally, the Spuzzem can know peace.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

CZ posted:

we're going to hire a famous fantasy writer to create the first HEX novel!
Better not be Knaak :v:

Unrelated: bumped up my backing to King from Squire; the more I see the more I like. As a enormous lore/flavor nerd I'm not entirely sold on Hex's setting or what I've seen of the art styles yet (Magic has a large head start there, plus the "multiverse" thing is kind of cheating as far as setting goes) but it's still better than e.g. Duel of Champions, and the actual game aspects have so much potential...:neckbeard:

Wonder when the alpha is expected to start - I can't in good conscience put any money into MGTO; dropped the :10bux: to check it out, and the client is almost as awful as I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Thanks to a friend of mine sharing information on Hex with me I've now found myself backing my first Kickstarter project. I still remember getting my first MTG decks back in middle school as a present, bringing them to school only to find no one else knew what the hell they were and then within a couple of weeks everyone (and by everyone I mean the totally cool kids) had started to play. I haven't played in years and years but Hex has definitely re-kindled that old TCG itch.

I love the idea of tablet support as well and I'm really excited for PvE. I'm cautiously optimistic and keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a lot of fun.

• Locked thread