Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That just doesn't look right.

Here, this is for you.

http://youtubedoubler.com/8qHW

EDIT:
Woops, top of the page! Heres some pictures:

These were taken by Norwegian special forces in Afghanistan.

This has to be the first picture in this thread featuring the Afghan army air corps! (helicopters in the background) This picture was taken during a raid on a narcotics farm:

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also:
Flamethrowers.

It has a backwards Signal Corps insignia in the bottom corner. I've never seen a flamethrower in the Signal Corps. The only time I've seen one used was when they had our FA BN trying to burn down some reeds in a shitpond that dudes were ambushing convoys from, and it didn't work well at all except look cool.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
FWIW that picture is over 60 years old, so a few things have changed.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Red87 posted:

It has a backwards Signal Corps insignia in the bottom corner. I've never seen a flamethrower in the Signal Corps. The only time I've seen one used was when they had our FA BN trying to burn down some reeds in a shitpond that dudes were ambushing convoys from, and it didn't work well at all except look cool.

Army photographers used to be part of the Signal Corps. No idea about today though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

hannibal posted:

Army photographers used to be part of the Signal Corps. No idea about today though.

Plus say what you will, but a flame thrower at night is probably good at signaling lots of things like "gently caress yeah, we got a flame thrower" or "Our bonfire is going to gently caress up this FOB something fierce"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Booblord Zagats posted:

Plus say what you will, but a flame thrower at night is probably good at signaling lots of things like "gently caress yeah, we got a flame thrower" or "Our bonfire is going to gently caress up this FOB something fierce"

Signal Corps March song would have been made more bearable if we had loving flamethrowers; but would you have wanted the spergs in Signal to even HAVE them?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Wasabi the J posted:

Signal Corps March song would have been made more bearable if we had loving flamethrowers; but would you have wanted the spergs in Signal to even HAVE them?

After living near Huachuca for the last 3 years, no. No I would not want that. In fact the one time they tried to do a controlled fire to make a break so the giant wildfire in the mountains here wouldn't spread to the base, they lost control of it and it got within 100 yards of a suburban neighborhood before the forestry service got it under control.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

:catstare: :bigtran:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Huh maybe IDR wasn't lying about his service.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

:staredog:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm not joking, I can't even handle this right now. What the gently caress man?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Wasn't there some day where dudes walked around in high heels to raise money for breast cancer?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

DoktorLoken posted:

Wasn't there some day where dudes walked around in high heels to raise money for breast cancer?

https://www.google.com/search?q=wal...TG8T4yQG67YGoDw

it's men against domestic violence i guess...or rape, idk.

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho
pretty controversial stances

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Christoff posted:

Yet I couldn't wear black boots with ABU's to get food at the chow hall :jerkbag:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Christoff posted:

The day of the broken ankle.

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

Discuss...

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Husband, E2 or O5?

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

This hambeast that works at the 7/11 down the street has the offspring syndrome of this. Some SSG came in and asked, very directly (as most people do) for some cigarettes. I guess she didn't like how he asked or something and when she left she went "pfft...stupid staff sergeant. I laugh at how low his rank is." Her coworker asked her what her dad's rank was "He's really high up, like really high. Staff sergeants are nothing". I suppose that when you work at 7/11, you need to live vicariously thorough someone.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Ashmole posted:

This hambeast that works at the 7/11 down the street has the offspring syndrome of this. Some SSG came in and asked, very directly (as most people do) for some cigarettes. I guess she didn't like how he asked or something and when she left she went "pfft...stupid staff sergeant. I laugh at how low his rank is." Her coworker asked her what her dad's rank was "He's really high up, like really high. Staff sergeants are nothing". I suppose that when you work at 7/11, you need to live vicariously thorough someone.

Must be so high because he focused on his career and not making sure his daughter didn't end up working at a 7/11

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Booblord Zagats posted:

Must be so high because he focused on his career and not making sure his daughter didn't end up working at a 7/11

He's probably like, some dude who works at III corps or some poo poo and she interprets this as "being really high up".

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Booblord Zagats posted:

I witnessed a lady do this, she ended up chewing out a Colonel for the 90th Missile Wing and she was the wife of a Tech Sergeant. Yeah, all he did was ask who her husband was, and I was told by an associate in the missile mx squadron he was called into the shirts office the next day.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I witnessed a lady do this, she ended up chewing out a Colonel for the 90th Missile Wing and she was the wife of a Tech Sergeant. Yeah, all he did was ask who her husband was, and I was told by an associate in the missile mx squadron he was called into the shirts office the next day.
Now I'd be pretty annoyed if I got in trouble for something my stupid wife did (Hypothetical, not married). On the other hand maybe you should be punished if you're dumb enough to marry someone like that.

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
Here is a pretty sweet video with some century series fighters, including refueling from a KB-50!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCpsQt9NwXE

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

co199 posted:

Here is a pretty sweet video with some century series fighters, including refueling from a KB-50!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCpsQt9NwXE

There can scarcely have been anything more nerve-racking than being on either side of that. One aircraft has to be firewalling the engines in a power dive while the other has to be creeping just over its' stall speed. And to think the KC-97's were still in service into the late 1970s doing the very same.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

There can scarcely have been anything more nerve-racking than being on either side of that. One aircraft has to be firewalling the engines in a power dive while the other has to be creeping just over its' stall speed. And to think the KC-97's were still in service into the late 1970s doing the very same.

While there's a difference between crazy poo poo you plan for and execute regularly, there's something to be said for the "HOLY gently caress" moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcLiAAVeYhk

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Godholio posted:

While there's a difference between crazy poo poo you plan for and execute regularly, there's something to be said for the "HOLY gently caress" moments.

:stare: What even happened here?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Did he get some sort of weird turbulence/slip stream effect and then just went "gently caress this" and dove?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Chinatown posted:

Did he get some sort of weird turbulence/slip stream effect and then just went "gently caress this" and dove?

"gently caress this" implies that smashing into another plane full of fuel was a great goddamn alternative.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
:nws: http://akk.li/pics/anne.jpg :nws:

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Mrs 3 dogs after clicking that: FUCKAOSUFHASIUFHAS98TH325H3WOITESDOIGHDIHGSOITHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=065TPwvP2c0

e; vid sucks compared to that canadian one :smith:

Click Beelay fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 31, 2013

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

Hahahhaha oh boy are those guys gonna be in trouble god drat

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Every goddamn time.

The loving link was even greyed out for me.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Dude for real that picture is so scary I bet it would cause IDR's PTSD to make him cry

ROPES CURE NIGGERS
Feb 18, 2013

by Fistgrrl

Godholio posted:

That's my boyzzz!!!

E-8 AWACS??? lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm hungover, you dick. :mad:

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I was just about to jerk off....... Thanks dick.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Doesn't open on my phone. I feel like I've dodged a bullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
It's not that bad, check it our when you get home.

• Locked thread